2017 IVF mummies

I just gave birth to my twin gals last sat. Dun worry about ms cos I take it as a sign tat my pregnancy is gg well if the ms symptoms disappear i more worry .
Take it easy n try to figure out wat food can help to ease ur ms. For my case tom yum soup works for my both pregnancy ...

Congrats! Rest well :)

Congrats!!! But ms is very terrible i cant even hv a proper meal... and hving phobia on food...

Just take small meals or snacks throughout the day, eat whatever you feel like eating, at least got to eat something. I know it feels terrible. I did not put on any weigh till week 17, cos of ms. Mine subsides at week 15, then I start to eat more.

Hi,

Can I check if any ivf mummies took tcm medication after BFP? If so, for how long and do you find whether it helps with the pregnancy? Thanks!

I just gave birth to my twin gals last sat. Dun worry about ms cos I take it as a sign tat my pregnancy is gg well if the ms symptoms disappear i more worry .
Take it easy n try to figure out wat food can help to ease ur ms. For my case tom yum soup works for my both pregnancy ...

Congrats !!! :)

Hi,

Can I check if any ivf mummies took tcm medication after BFP? If so, for how long and do you find whether it helps with the pregnancy? Thanks!

Hi,

I go for acupuncture hand-in-hand with ivf, continued till now. I took tcm medication when I start to have spotting from week 5 till the end of first trimester to support the pregnancy.

Hi,

I go for acupuncture hand-in-hand with ivf, continued till now. I took tcm medication when I start to have spotting from week 5 till the end of first trimester to support the pregnancy.
Thanks for your reply! I didn't know accupunture can be done throughout pregnancy. Which parts of the body do they cover and which tcm are you seeing?

I did accupunture for several sessions up to few days after ET. Would like to think it helps. Was not taking any tcm medication and now considering going back for support. Just a bit concerned of having to cope with western and chinese medication and not sure how MS will kick in.

Hi! Congrats on yr delivery! Normal delivery or ceasar? Did u transfer two embies? Im considering of transferring 2 for next FET.

Trsf 2 embies but 1 implanted n spilt ..csect for twin I won't want normal delivery wat if 1 deliver successful n the other stuck n gets e csect...dun want complications as well...

Thanks for your reply! I didn't know accupunture can be done throughout pregnancy. Which parts of the body do they cover and which tcm are you seeing?

I did accupunture for several sessions up to few days after ET. Would like to think it helps. Was not taking any tcm medication and now considering going back for support. Just a bit concerned of having to cope with western and chinese medication and not sure how MS will kick in.

Always have 3 hours GAP in between Chinese n western medication

I am with Macpherson TCM & Wellness. The acupuncture is more like full anterior of body from head to toe, depending on the body condition. When MS kick in, you can mentioned to doctor and he can add points during treatment. Usually, my MS will get better after treatment, though they will still return.
Yup, I also would like to think acupuncture did help in ivf, as its my first ivf. I introduce to a friend whom have 7-8 failed ivf, she will try this tcm the next round.

I separate the western medication and tcm one 2 hours apart.

Last edited:
Trsf 2 embies but 1 implanted n spilt ..csect for twin I won't want normal delivery wat if 1 deliver successful n the other stuck n gets e csect...dun want complications as well...

Yeah nowadays doctor often talked abt delivery complications for twins... but i wonder how my mother gave birth to my twin elder brothers by normal delivery and without epidural..

Yeah nowadays doctor often talked abt delivery complications for twins... but i wonder how my mother gave birth to my twin elder brothers by normal delivery and without epidural..

How to depends on the twin position
For my case even I want normal delivery it's kind of impossible as my twin were in opp t position inside. The one below cannot come out..

How to depends on the twin position
For my case even I want normal delivery it's kind of impossible as my twin were in opp t position inside. The one below cannot come out..

Oh I see. Its a miracle that your blastocyst splitted hor...

Hi ladies... juz to share i went to take same pregency milk powder sample from website and i realise that by drinking the milk at nite before slp will reduce the ms in the morning

Hi ladies... juz to share i went to take same pregency milk powder sample from website and i realise that by drinking the milk at nite before slp will reduce the ms in the morning

Be careful of those milk sample, sugar intake very high n u will gain the weight very fast n beware of having GD in later stage of preg

I requested the samples from different companies to try out the taste and wanted to compare the nutrition level. But weird that I have diarrhoea across all brands. I dont have lactose intolerance as I do drink milk daily, after checking with gynae, she said there is no need to drink pregnancy milk. So I return back to my usual milk.

I m opp
Thruout pregnancy I can't drink milk, I will puke but once gave birth I can drink like nobody biz

Dun gain too much until the gynae ask u to cut down ur food intake or later stage kana the GD test

what about dr yu su ling ?

Dr Yu Su Ling was my IVF doc and I bfp with her on my first IVF attempt, now 18wks plus preg. The cost was around 15.2k for my fresh cycle - can use 6.3k from cpf, if u don't have govt subsidy. She is a good and v experience doc just among the 3 public hospitals for IVF - seems like SGH charges the highest. But the benefit is the short waiting list compared to kkh.

thanks for the recommendation. May I how's his charges like cos I am over 40 and I believe I am not eligible for government subsidies

Huh ivf gov grant got age limit de meh. His consultation is abt $110 i think. Coz head of ivf department

Hi any sisters able to advise whether frequent scans in first trimester (for high risk pregnancies such as frequent experiences of spotting) be it vaginal or abdominal will have harm on the fetus? If you are also high risk, how frequent are your scans in first trimester? Thanks.

Hi any sisters able to advise whether frequent scans in first trimester (for high risk pregnancies such as frequent experiences of spotting) be it vaginal or abdominal will have harm on the fetus? If you are also high risk, how frequent are your scans in first trimester? Thanks.

I go back every week during first trimester to scan.

Won't harm the fetus. I went for scan every week too just to be sure n my dr allow me to.

Oops i still duno got age limit de sia. But only applies to the wife or hub? My hub turning 40 next yr wor. But i still long way to hit 40 haha

Applies to woman n also they count by birthdate n not yr. so if u are 40 this yr but Birthday in Dec u still can do.

thanks for the recommendation. May I how's his charges like cos I am over 40 and I believe I am not eligible for government subsidies

Yes ivf grant capped at 40 years old.
If you both Singaporean, Dr Tan Heng Hao Charges first consult appx $160. Subsequent is $107 (including gst)
That is if you seeing him at clinic. The cost of IVF is the same. Mine cost appx 11k plus before subsidize.

last time a doctor dealing with those twins or higher risk ones with a good machine told me that no need to go often for scan. the standard kind of scans required for which stages is sufficient. the impression i get is its not too good to go for too much scan at early stages. maybe check with yr gynae. if he said its necessary then its better to do it

btw i liked to check for those that have heartburn or wei suan issues, is it okay to take probiotics? those sachets add into water? i will not be going for another doctor visit and havent fixed a doctor yet.. so like to see if anyone is taking etc?

thank you

u not sticking with ur ivf doc?

Back