IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi everyone, I'm new here.

I'm with KKH as subsidized patient under Dr Jerry Chan for my 1st fresh cycle. Going for ER on Tuesday, kinda excited and nervous about it.

My last scan was on Thurs and lining was 10.2mm and the biggest follicles were abt 12 to 18mm. Does these stats sound ok?

Hi everyone, I'm new here.

I'm with KKH as subsidized patient under Dr Jerry Chan for my 1st fresh cycle. Going for ER on Tuesday, kinda excited and nervous about it.

My last scan was on Thurs and lining was 10.2mm and the biggest follicles were abt 12 to 18mm. Does these stats sound ok?

Good luck for yr ER! Yes your follies sounds good.. still have time to grow..

Hello ladies, I'm sorry to hijack the thread but I would like to remind you all to give yourselves a huge pat on the back for trying hard to conceive! Best of luck.

I'm not sure if i should start a new thread for my story to encourage anyone who is trying. Anyhow, to put it succinctly, I underwent IVF 2 years ago (age 33) at Thomson Medical with Dr Cheng Li Chang. I was very lucky to be successful with my first fresh cycle. Before I decided on IVF, I tried IUI twice but they didn't work for me. (Not at Thomson)

I was trying for about 2.5 years and although i went for tests and traditional chinese medicine TCM, everyone said i was pretty healthy! o_O Unexplained infertility I guess.

To prepare for the IVF, I 1. avoided cold drinks and food (like ice cream and yogurt). Watsons then sold those heated adhesive pads? To ease period pain. I got those and 2. used them religiously to heat the small of my back. (My Japanese friend used to tell me to touch my butt. If it feels cold, it isn't good for the uterus so keep the area warm). 3.snacked on almonds and dried figs. Figs are nature's power fruits too and i'm surprised it isn't mentioned enough here. They are tasty and easy to find in NTUC too. 4.wore socks to sleep. 5. took folic acid, fish oil and multi vitamins everyday.

I think many of you put in way more effort and that is commendable. Don't give up. However, do educate yourself and don't follow every tip blindly given on the forum or from friends (ironic i know) :) Our bodies are built differently from each other. For example, my friends raved about Eu Yang Sang's Bai Feng Wan but when i took it, it messed up my period cycle very badly. TCM made me super heaty and hot so that didn't work very well too. Listen to your own body. If you 'accidentally' indulge in some ice cream or watermelon or ice cold sugarcane juice, it's fine (well, my opinion anyway). Have to enjoy the process of conceiving too!

This is just a summary of what i did. My first trimester was quite a roller coaster ride but that's a story for another day. :) Good luck to all of you!

I'm on my first FET cycle, had transferred 2 day 5 blasts and have twins. Unfortunately one of my twins was gone during week 9. During the 2ww, I tried to take hard boiled egg, oat, almond and walnut everyday, and to wear socks at night to keep my feet warm. im at week 10 now, and hopefully my pregnancy can last through. Good luck to all ! It's a hard journey..

Btw my gynae is Dr Yu Suling from SGH. I simply love the nurses at CARE who always give me the comfort and confidence I need..

Hello ladies, I'm sorry to hijack the thread but I would like to remind you all to give yourselves a huge pat on the back for trying hard to conceive! Best of luck.

I'm not sure if i should start a new thread for my story to encourage anyone who is trying. Anyhow, to put it succinctly, I underwent IVF 2 years ago (age 33) at Thomson Medical with Dr Cheng Li Chang. I was very lucky to be successful with my first fresh cycle. Before I decided on IVF, I tried IUI twice but they didn't work for me. (Not at Thomson)

I was trying for about 2.5 years and although i went for tests and traditional chinese medicine TCM, everyone said i was pretty healthy! o_O Unexplained infertility I guess.

To prepare for the IVF, I 1. avoided cold drinks and food (like ice cream and yogurt). Watsons then sold those heated adhesive pads? To ease period pain. I got those and 2. used them religiously to heat the small of my back. (My Japanese friend used to tell me to touch my butt. If it feels cold, it isn't good for the uterus so keep the area warm). 3.snacked on almonds and dried figs. Figs are nature's power fruits too and i'm surprised it isn't mentioned enough here. They are tasty and easy to find in NTUC too. 4.wore socks to sleep. 5. took folic acid, fish oil and multi vitamins everyday.

I think many of you put in way more effort and that is commendable. Don't give up. However, do educate yourself and don't follow every tip blindly given on the forum or from friends (ironic i know) :) Our bodies are built differently from each other. For example, my friends raved about Eu Yang Sang's Bai Feng Wan but when i took it, it messed up my period cycle very badly. TCM made me super heaty and hot so that didn't work very well too. Listen to your own body. If you 'accidentally' indulge in some ice cream or watermelon or ice cold sugarcane juice, it's fine (well, my opinion anyway). Have to enjoy the process of conceiving too!

This is just a summary of what i did. My first trimester was quite a roller coaster ride but that's a story for another day. :) Good luck to all of you!
Thanks for sharing would like to hear ur 1st trim story soon hehe

Hi sisters,

Pls advise food to improve lining and for embries implantation ?

Pumpkin seed - zinc, omega 3. Increase sperm count and improves sexual function.

Almonds and Walnuts - vitamin E. improve female sex drice and prevent miscarriage.

Baked potatoes - vitamin E and B. Enhance cell division increase quality of ova. Helps implanting embryos and prevent early miscarriages.

Asparagus - nourishes the ovum and increase chances of getting pregnant. Increases level of progesterone in women.

Banana - boost sex hormones

Yams - stimulate ovulation

Avocadoes - vitamine E . Strengthen uterine lining and supports implantation.

Are you doing medicated or natural FET? For medicated FET for people with irregular menses, u will be prescribed with progynova to commence on day 2 to thicken lining n suppress ovulation. Scan around day 13 to see if lining is ready for ET. If ready doc will inform u when to start ur progesterone insert and have the ET. My 2day Embryos are thawed one day before ET (so becomes day 3 embryon on transfer) and lab will call u to update the status of thawing.

Are you doing medicated or natural FET? For medicated FET for people with irregular menses, u will be prescribed with progynova to commence on day 2 to thicken lining n suppress ovulation. Scan around day 13 to see if lining is ready for ET. If ready doc will inform u when to start ur progesterone insert and have the ET. My 2day Embryos are thawed one day before ET (so becomes day 3 embryon on transfer) and lab will call u to update the status of thawing.

Thanks for the reply.. blur me.. forget to say, I m gg for medicated though menses is regular. More so that the process is less stressful w medicated as it is more controlled.

Thanks for the reply.. blur me.. forget to say, I m gg for medicated though menses is regular. More so that the process is less stressful w medicated as it is more controlled.

I went thru medicated cycle even tho menses is regular but! To me medicated is also as stressful as natural cycle.

Medicated is added hormones to our body like estrogen and it really made me an emotional wreck. It also caused me stress and depression.... i hope I can go thru a natural cycle for next FET.

I went thru medicated cycle even tho menses is regular but! To me medicated is also as stressful as natural cycle.

Medicated is added hormones to our body like estrogen and it really made me an emotional wreck. It also caused me stress and depression.... i hope I can go thru a natural cycle for next FET.

I think it really depends on individual. I did natural FET since my menses is regular but I was so stressed up waiting for ovulation to occur and I was literally camping at kkhivfc, scanning every other day. So when Dr Tan HH asked me to try natural FET again, I told him I wanna go for medicated FET instead. It was a breeze for me and I only did just 1 scan at cd11 and ET a few days later as I opted to blast the embryos upon his advice.

I think it really depends on individual. I did natural FET since my menses is regular but I was so stressed up waiting for ovulation to occur and I was literally camping at kkhivfc, scanning every other day. So when Dr Tan HH asked me to try natural FET again, I told him I wanna go for medicated FET instead. It was a breeze for me and I only did just 1 scan at cd11 and ET a few days later as I opted to blast the embryos upon his advice.

Wow ! Happy for u! I went for 3 scans till my lining reached 8.9mm.

What did you do to thicken yr lining steadfastly?

Wow ! Happy for u! I went for 3 scans till my lining reached 8.9mm.

What did you do to thicken yr lining steadfastly?

I definitely went for more than 3 scans! So I was really ''traumatized" by it. haha

You can refer to my post #233816. Shared a lengthy post on what I did :)

Good Luck & loads of baby dusts to the ladies trying hard here. Don't give up!

Hi, i was scheduled for hysteroscopy polypectomy to remove polyps at kkh, researching on it and saw this forum.
Does anyone had this procedure done by Dr Jerry Chan at kkh? Wat's your experience like?
somehow, i dont feel so comfortable with him, am considering whether to change to another doctor.
Anyone has a doctor to recommend for remove polyps?

Hi ladies, I'm intending to do FET at virtus with Dr Roland.
I just went to virtus for financial Counselling and realised they charge $1250 for thawed unsuccessful cycle.
Question: Do they charge for the thawing fees at public Hospitals if the embryo thawed did not survive? I did 2 fresh at KKH before but never done FET before so just wondering if KKH NUH or SGH charges for thawing itself if the embryos all didn't survive.
I mean it seems reasonable to charge since work is done but seems a bit steep. I had the impression clinics only charge for the drugs in medicated cycle but if no embryos survive for transfer eventually they won't charge separately for thawing.

Also, the transfer charges itself is another $4000 ($3000 + $1000surgeon fee). This excludes doc's fees and medications before the FET. Anyone has an idea of dr Roland's clinic charges for each scan and the approx medication cost for medicated cycle?

Wanna estimate the overall cost before I decide. I alrdy signed the consent form to take my last frozen embryo out fr KKH but may decide to leave it there if the outside FET is too ex. And maybe do a fresh at another public hospital instead.

Hope to get some answers here. Thanks!

I just went to virtus for financial Counselling and realised they charge $1250 for thawed unsuccessful cycle.
Question: Do they charge for the thawing fees at public Hospitals if the embryo thawed did not survive? I did 2 fresh at KKH before but never done FET before so just wondering if KKH NUH or SGH charges for thawing itself if the embryos all didn't survive.
I mean it seems reasonable to charge since work is done but seems a bit steep. I had the impression clinics only charge for the drugs in medicated cycle but if no embryos survive for transfer eventually they won't charge separately for thawing.

Also, the transfer charges itself is another $4000 ($3000 + $1000surgeon fee). This excludes doc's fees and medications before the FET. Anyone has an idea of dr Roland's clinic charges for each scan and the approx medication cost for medicated cycle?

Wanna estimate the overall cost before I decide. I alrdy signed the consent form to take my last frozen embryo out fr KKH but may decide to leave it there if the outside FET is too ex. And maybe do a fresh at another public hospital instead.

Roland per scan charges is 80 but there's a package for it if I m not wrong . U can check w Chanel .. it includes all
Scans n consultation thru out till er ...
Back in 2013 I trsf my frozen embryos to parkway east ivf ctr from care (Aso under dr Roland) but failed too. Of cos back then it's not as ex as virtus but we agreed w Roland tat it's not worth the try.
Anyway virtus charges is ex but my hub felt it's worth it cos of the embryologist team cos we success under them in sincere in 2014, he has all the confidence in them..

Hihi,

I am also with Dr THH and doing FET. Maybe we can chat more. Will be PM-ing you.

Hihi,
I'm with Dr Tan HH too.
I had ER on on 30 Jun but ET has to postpone due to suspected OHSS.
So fresh cycle considered failed... pretty sad.

But Dr said i can start FET next cycle. Not sure will be natural or medicated.

Really hate the wait and see part.

Hihi,
I'm with Dr Tan HH too.

Its a blessing in disguise! You get to transfer your precious embryo after getting rid of the hormones.. also if really OHSS you will be feeling so uncomfortable and worried whether the pain is from bloatedness or cramps...

Not forgetting you have to do your inserts?

Doing FET without the ohss pain is a breeze and less stressful on hindsight..

Roland per scan charges is 80 but there's a package for it if I m not wrong . U can check w Chanel .. it includes all
Scans n consultation thru out till er ...
Back in 2013 I trsf my frozen embryos to parkway east ivf ctr from care (Aso under dr Roland) but failed too. Of cos back then it's not as ex as virtus but we agreed w Roland tat it's not worth the try.
Anyway virtus charges is ex but my hub felt it's worth it cos of the embryologist team cos we success under them in sincere in 2014, he has all the confidence in them..

Thanks dollygal! Have you delivered yet?

Its a blessing in disguise! You get to transfer your precious embryo after getting rid of the hormones.. also if really OHSS you will be feeling so uncomfortable and worried whether the pain is from bloatedness or cramps...

Not forgetting you have to do your inserts?

Doing FET without the ohss pain is a breeze and less stressful on hindsight..

I guess this is really a blessing in disguise.
I lost my first dog suddenly just 3 days before the fresh cycle starts.
Trying hard not to be sad and stay focus... But still it's tough.

Can i join the Whatsapp group too?

Dear ladies, I've finally embarked on my IVF journey! I'm going through this pretty much alone because my DH works overseas and will be flying in only for ER. But so far so good.

I'm currently on day 6 of simulations (3 days of orgalutran followed by 3 days of gonal f) and my first scan is scheduled on the 9th day of stimulations (i.e. 9 days of injections). Just wondering - is it common for the first scan to be so late? I always thought that it'd be after 3-4 days of stimulations. :)

Dear ladies, I've finally embarked on my IVF journey! I'm going through this pretty much alone because my DH works overseas and will be flying in only for ER. But so far so good.

I'm currently on day 6 of simulations (3 days of orgalutran followed by 3 days of gonal f) and my first scan is scheduled on the 9th day of stimulations (i.e. 9 days of injections). Just wondering - is it common for the first scan to be so late? I always thought that it'd be after 3-4 days of stimulations. :)

Yup, my 1st scan was on the 9th day, 2nd scan on the 10th day. Trigger shot on the 11th day.

Hihi,
I'm with Dr Tan HH too.

You can check with your doctor if u are doing medicated or natural. For natural, you will to go for several scans accordingly to the sisters here.

I was also sad when i can't do my FET straight away. But thinking the brighter side, I am able to clean out the medication first before embarking the FET journey. Your menses may go haywire after ER. Rest well!

There should be no charges for for embryo that do not survive thaw. I did at Thomson fertility center Also Pte clinic but no charges. Embryo quality is impt n yes lab does play a part in it too. You should check the total ivf cost before decide. My personal experience without subsidies and financially tight impact the stress level on me. My fren paid 20k with a well known dr n also many success rate n end up no embryo to transfer. Not with virtue though.

Hihi,
I'm with Dr Tan HH too.

It's a good chance to recuperate n look forward to fet. Jia you.

Anyone has experienced menses badly delayed after ER?

Had my ER in April. And my menses came 1 week after my ER. However, I am waiting for my menses from April until now (July) to do my FET. My menses is quite irregular (ranging from 35 Days to 50days +), though maybe out of 1 year for around 3 times I'll get my menses regular (22 days to 25 days cycle).

I have done my SIS, V ultrasound and blood test, everything seems to be ok.

Now I really worry about it... :(

My doc usually will prescribe Nor E (birth control pill) after ER and another cycle of bcp before embarking on ET. Perhaps u should contact yr doc.

Hi everyone, I'm in the midst of the 2ww now, did my first ET last Thurs, I only had 3 eggs during ER and only 1 was fertilized in the end. It's was a 2 cell Grade 4 embryo. I felt a bit cramps on off after the ET for a few days, hoping very hard that it will be successful.

My blood test is next Friday, hoping it will be a BFP!

My doc usually will prescribe Nor E (birth control pill) after ER and another cycle of bcp before embarking on ET. Perhaps u should contact yr doc.

Mine is FET and it's natural without medication. That's why my doc didn't prescribe any medication for me.

I will wait a while more and see what the doc can do for me :(

Back