Jan 2018 Mummies to be

1st time dad here. I know this is supposed to be a mummy forum. But really excited and hope to get some valuable info from here. EDD is on 14Jan, going for a OSCAR test on the 29th... not sure if I'm anxious or worried.. hoping everything goes well... fingers crossed!!!!

Hi January Mummies.

Anyone went for their OSCAR blood test and Scan at Week 12 already ?

Can share your experience? Going to Square 2 Novena Medical Center.

Is there anyone who is not going for Oscar or harmony test? I'm not opting for any of such test... Wonder if it's okay?
Oscar is to test for down sydrome. Is better to go? Hmmm. Why you dont intend to go?
I would like to skip blood test but i doubt i can. :(

Hello all mummies to be!

I am new to this forum & i am currently 11weeks. Edd on 9th Jan. Its my 1st pregnancy hence i am pretty clueless about everything.

I am doing my checkups at KKH under Subsi rates. I didnt know i was preg until i was almost 7weeks. I thought i was just stressed or probably having some 'traffic jam' inside so went to the polyclinic thinking to get a referral letter to check. Probably a blessing in disguise as i am currently unemploy so the subsi rates will lessen the load on hub. Was on a break from work & when i started sending resumes, here comes this baby.

Still thinking about hiring a CL or just order the confinement tingkat. Kinda heartpain to spend the $ on CL.

Hello all mummies to be!

I am new to this forum & i am currently 11weeks. Edd on 9th Jan. Its my 1st pregnancy hence i am pretty clueless about everything.

I am doing my checkups at KKH under Subsi rates. I didnt know i was preg until i was almost 7weeks. I thought i was just stressed or probably having some 'traffic jam' inside so went to the polyclinic thinking to get a referral letter to check. Probably a blessing in disguise as i am currently unemploy so the subsi rates will lessen the load on hub. Was on a break from work & when i started sending resumes, here comes this baby.

Still thinking about hiring a CL or just order the confinement tingkat. Kinda heartpain to spend the $ on CL.

My EDD is 10 Jan 2018, we are just one day apart. Same here on KKH under subsidized rate too. Do you wait v long for gynae and scan at AMC ? how long did u been unemployed? Do u intend to work after giving birth? Well now since u unemployed better cook your meal (eat more homecooked food). My sister in law said she feel a difference btw outside foods and homecooked foods during preggie, bb is healthy with homecooked foods.

Also mine first preggie too.

I am hiring CL as i dun have any helper better search early of it, around market rate now. Lucky next ye cny is mid Feb, else more expensive.

My EDD is 10 Jan 2018, we are just one day apart. Same here on KKH under subsidized rate too. Do you wait v long for gynae and scan at AMC ? how long did u been unemployed? Do u intend to work after giving birth? Well now since u unemployed better cook your meal (eat more homecooked food). My sister in law said she feel a difference btw outside foods and homecooked foods during preggie, bb is healthy with homecooked foods.

Also mine first preggie too.

I am hiring CL as i dun have any helper better search early of it, around market rate now. Lucky next ye cny is mid Feb, else more expensive.

Hi Jas,

So far for my 2 times visit, AMC is quite fast but gotta wait quite awhile for gynae (30mins & 1hr).

Ive been relaxing for a few months. Haha! Yeah definately will want to go back to work after birth but i hasnt decide who to help look after baby.

Recently ive been toying with the idea of learning cooking so probably will start soon. Hehe!

What is harmony test? Also test for down sydrome? I am going for my oscar bloodtest and scan this friday *nervous*

Yeap, the Harmony test tests for Down Symdrome, Trisomy something something and it can be done as early as 10 weeks. The test can also tell your baby's gender as it is a blood test.

Don't be nervous! I am sure all will turn out fine.

Hi January Mummies.

Anyone went for their OSCAR blood test and Scan at Week 12 already ?

Can share your experience? Going to Square 2 Novena Medical Center.

Hi! I jus finished my scan today at the same location as yours! The personnels there are all very nice! And u need the little one to cooperate to turn to the right positions for the scans to be captured well! They will also ask if u want to sign up for the thomson medical membership for a year, need to pay 98 bucks in cash but got some perks using the membership card which i felt was rather worth it :) the experience of watching the baby turning around for the scan was amazing!

Hello! Im wk 11 now, saw online saying that we can start prenatal yoga in wk 12. Anyone got plans for going or has went before can share if its good to go and the price? Not sure if there are any near wher im leaving :) im staying in pggol :)

Hello! Im wk 11 now, saw online saying that we can start prenatal yoga in wk 12. Anyone got plans for going or has went before can share if its good to go and the price? Not sure if there are any near wher im leaving :) im staying in pggol :)

I'm gonna start doing prenatal pilates from home. Just follow some youtube videos. save money and time (travel).

Hi Jas,

So far for my 2 times visit, AMC is quite fast but gotta wait quite awhile for gynae (30mins & 1hr).

Ive been relaxing for a few months. Haha! Yeah definately will want to go back to work after birth but i hasnt decide who to help look after baby.

Recently ive been toying with the idea of learning cooking so probably will start soon. Hehe!

Since its your first pregnancy, i suggest its really better to hire a confinement lady as you will be clueless on what to do. Sometimes you really need to spend this kind of money... It will be tiring for your if you dont have a confinement nanny. You need plenty of rest during your confinement. :)

Since its your first pregnancy, i suggest its really better to hire a confinement lady as you will be clueless on what to do. Sometimes you really need to spend this kind of money... It will be tiring for your if you dont have a confinement nanny. You need plenty of rest during your confinement. :)

Thanks babe!! Yeah i did some thinking yesterday..either just hire a helper or hire a CL for 1st month n see how it goes.. The advices i got is to get help as 1st timers are pretty lost & inexperience.. Hehe

Thanks babe!! Yeah i did some thinking yesterday..either just hire a helper or hire a CL for 1st month n see how it goes.. The advices i got is to get help as 1st timers are pretty lost & inexperience.. Hehe

No prob. Faster find a CL as its not easy to find a good CL esp during Jan-Feb period. :)

Went with catering for all my pregnancies cos I didn't want to pay for a CL too.

But for first pregnancy, will be good to have someone available to help you at least part of the day. I was fortunate cos my teacher husband was on school hols so could spend quite a lot of time at home helping me.

Hello all mummies to be!

th

:( Im feeling very tired & helpless today... My baby is having a fever when her first bday celebration is just tomorrow. zzzz. have brought her to seen the doctor this morning alrdy. her fever is subsiding but her sore throat is coming. don't know if the ped is lousy or what. he didn't prescribe her any sore throat medicine, maybe he thinks that she doesn't has any sore throat yet so didn't prescribe her...

Anws, that aside, baby refuse to sleep for the whole day & cling on me the whole day - want me to carry her. the moment i put her down she cries. haiiii. make me doubt myself if i can handle 2 at the same time when no. 2 is due.

need a break.

oh no /hugs dear..
hope you are feeling much better now..
I understand your tiredness and pains..
I have two kids myself, and it is indeed tough but we are strong mummies! hang in there!
hope your baby is recovered now too! and fever gone!

my two kids are young (3yo girl and 1yo boy) and they frequently fall sick with fever too. Thank goodness for the Smarttemp and app which helps me to continuously monitor real-time their temperature easily on my phone. it even can alert me with an alarm if the temp goes above a threshold level! super good innovative invention for busy mummies like you and me.. =)
this is what the app and device looks like (my boy also recently had a fever with coughing and block nose.. he caught the flu bug from jie jie)
IMG_0583.JPG

Oscar is to test for down sydrome. Is better to go? Hmmm. Why you dont intend to go?
I would like to skip blood test but i doubt i can. :(

Maybe cos is my second pregnancy. Did it for my first pregnancy though... Cos I'm thinking even if results not favorable, I'll still accept this baby ma... I just went for gynae check up today and had blood test too... So scary! Just look away and keep thinking about your baby inside you... The pain is bearable! :)

Maybe cos is my second pregnancy. Did it for my first pregnancy though... Cos I'm thinking even if results not favorable, I'll still accept this baby ma... I just went for gynae check up today and had blood test too... So scary! Just look away and keep thinking about your baby inside you... The pain is bearable! :)

Hey u went to blood test and the scan? I jist went mine just now. Only next thur then will know the result. However my scan evetything is ok But the neck fluid of baby exceed. We are very affected.

We read online there are many ppl who tested exceed fluid at the neck but turn out ok. Plus blood test not out... not able to know the ratio.

Hey u went to blood test and the scan? I jist went mine just now. Only next thur then will know the result. However my scan evetything is ok But the neck fluid of baby exceed. We are very affected.

We read online there are many ppl who tested exceed fluid at the neck but turn out ok. Plus blood test not out... not able to know the ratio.

Hi Jaces, both my kids had excess neck fluid and thicker nasal bone. But both are ok.

Hi Jaces, both my kids had excess neck fluid and thicker nasal bone. But both are ok.

Thanks for reply. How about after combining with blood test? Is it only the scan show thicker neck fluid and blood test is normal or?

Did you went further test after the oscar or leave it? I feel better after your reply. Thank u so much.

Hi. Where in jur east? Do they have female doc too?

I just tested Positive going for my week 5 scan next week. Called the clinic to ask, Nurse mention better to go early since is first pregnancy to see if it sets in correctly. Dr Henry Cheng at Bishan, I went to him for fertility.

Booked another appt with dr tho at Jurong east which is nearer to my place. Booked a week 7 appt to see the heartbeat. Both gynaes have good reviews, will compare the package and Gynae before taking package.

Congrats to everyone!!! I'm a first time mummy too!![/QUO

Hi! I jus finished my scan today at the same location as yours! The personnels there are all very nice! And u need the little one to cooperate to turn to the right positions for the scans to be captured well! They will also ask if u want to sign up for the thomson medical membership for a year, need to pay 98 bucks in cash but got some perks using the membership card which i felt was rather worth it :) the experience of watching the baby turning around for the scan was amazing!

Hi. How is ur result? After my scan i asked the sonographer about the scan and she said the neck fluid abit thick. But did not comment. She says need to combined with blood test to get the ratio. But after hearing ... totally affected.

Hi there! Im a first time mummy here! Edd 7 jan 17 :/ currently visiting dr adrian from sengkang. Anyone under him too?:) do you guys know if taking chinese medicine for pregnancy is ok? Cause my mil is a fanatic of chinese med but my gynae is super anti chinese med :/

Dr adrian woodworth too.

Thanks for reply. How about after combining with blood test? Is it only the scan show thicker neck fluid and blood test is normal or?

Did you went further test after the oscar or leave it? I feel better after your reply. Thank u so much.

Can't remember for #1. But #2's combined ratio was 1:10000. So worried. End up had another scan and blood tesr with Dr Ananda at Camden Medical Centre and managed to get an all clear.

Can't remember for #1. But #2's combined ratio was 1:10000. So worried. End up had another scan and blood tesr with Dr Ananda at Camden Medical Centre and managed to get an all clear.
Hmmm. Do u mean for eg... my NT scan alone if exceed fluid behind neck... but after blood test (if good) it might become 1:10000?

Actually 1:10000 seems very good already.

Hmmm. Do u mean for eg... my NT scan alone if exceed fluid behind neck... but after blood test (if good) it might become 1:10000?

Actually 1:10000 seems very good already.

Not sure leh. Need to go find my papers for #2.
But I realised many people have this issue. As in scan not so good but end up ok. Got so worried for nothing.

Not sure leh. Need to go find my papers for #2.
But I realised many people have this issue. As in scan not so good but end up ok. Got so worried for nothing.

Hmmm. Now only can pray that blood test is normal to pull up the ratio right?

Anyway did your gynae mention about ur scan and blood test seperately or straight look into the overall Ratio ?

Hmmm. Now only can pray that blood test is normal to pull up the ratio right?

Anyway did your gynae mention about ur scan and blood test seperately or straight look into the overall Ratio ?

Mentioned at each time. Scan-wise not too worried cos #1 had same issue.
But ratio of 1:10000 was uncomfortable for me.

Hi there! Im a first time mummy here! Edd 7 jan 17 :/ currently visiting dr adrian from sengkang. Anyone under him too?:) do you guys know if taking chinese medicine for pregnancy is ok? Cause my mil is a fanatic of chinese med but my gynae is super anti chinese med :/
May i know which tcm you see for pregnancy? Tcm should be safe if the tcm well verses with what herbs to use and not to use.

hello all.. its my first time and edd 30th Jan. Will be on confinement during cny.. have not start research on confnement yet.... not sure if its too early to confirm one.. Doc suggest we go for oscar test in july, tgt with blood test for thalessmia... btw, anyone can shall when do we need to decide which hosp to give birth?

hello all.. its my first time and edd 30th Jan. Will be on confinement during cny.. have not start research on confnement yet.... not sure if its too early to confirm one.. Doc suggest we go for oscar test in july, tgt with blood test for thalessmia... btw, anyone can shall when do we need to decide which hosp to give birth?

I think you should find and decide on a confinement lady soon! It coincides with CNY so the aunties might be snapped up soon. No harm asking around and deciding by July haha.
When you decided on a gynae, you will know which hospitals the dr deliver at. Then you choose from there. There are maternity tours too and I recommend going for them to help in your decision. Hope this helps!

Harmony test, which many other mummies mentioned is one of the available NIPT.
I will be doing another similiar test called Paranoma.
Are you going straight for paranoma test or have uou done oscar test first?

I'm wondering if i should skip Oscar test too because if the maternal age is high, the ratio gets pretty terrible. My last Oscar, I got a ratio of 1:33 (down syndrome) for my daughter! Harmony test results was much better although it was really expensive.

I'm wondering if i should skip Oscar test too because if the maternal age is high, the ratio gets pretty terrible. My last Oscar, I got a ratio of 1:33 (down syndrome) for my daughter! Harmony test results was much better although it was really expensive.
Hi. May i check with you the last time when you got 1:33...but end up harmony test was ok? How old is your baby now?

Hi. May i check with you the last time when you got 1:33...but end up harmony test was ok? How old is your baby now?

Yes the harmony test results were all normal for me. I think 1/100000? I got terrible ratio only for down's syndrome. My girl is now 1.5years old. Hope this helps!

Oh i opted for Harmony because i didn't want to do anything invasive :)

Yes the harmony test results were all normal for me. I think 1/100000? I got terrible ratio only for down's syndrome. My girl is now 1.5years old. Hope this helps!

Oh i opted for Harmony because i didn't want to do anything invasive :)

Hi. Thank you so much for your reply. I did a similar test but call paranoma. Not sure will give me ratio anot. Really so worried. I m 29 yrs old though. How old were u that time?

Hi. Thank you so much for your reply. I did a similar test but call paranoma. Not sure will give me ratio anot. Really so worried. I m 29 yrs old though. How old were u that time?

I was 33 then. Don't worry so much ok? You can't do anything anyway so relax and wait for the results :) (easier said than done i know!) Good luck!

I was 33 then. Don't worry so much ok? You can't do anything anyway so relax and wait for the results :) (easier said than done i know!) Good luck!

Thank you. These 2 weeks i guess will be really hard to relax.

U are having ur no..2 now? When due?

Hi, hoping to meet more Jan 2018 mummies. This will be my no.2 and edd is 22 Jan. Waiting for the results of my panorama test next week to know the gender. :)

Back