C-sect

nephele

Hello all,

Can I check with all mommies, whether if elective or emergency c-sect, after the op and the baby is out, do the doctor or nurse allow the baby to stay with you i.e. skin to skin while the doc finishing the stitching or etc?

Or do they just showed you the baby and immediately take the bb away?

For my first born, this was what happened, I only have a glimpse on my baby for less than 2 second :(

Now for my 2nd, I do not wish this to happen again.?

Any mommies care to share?

Hello all,

Can I check with all mommies, whether if elective or emergency c-sect, after the op and the baby is out, do the doctor or nurse allow the baby to stay with you i.e. skin to skin while the doc finishing the stitching or etc?

Or do they just showed you the baby and immediately take the bb away?

For my first born, this was what happened, I only have a glimpse on my baby for less than 2 second :(

Now for my 2nd, I do not wish this to happen again.?

Any mommies care to share?
Did you have regional or GA for your csec?

I had a c-sec on 7th June, coincidentally was the day you posted this message :)
Mine was elective c-sec, and I opted for General Anaesthesia, which means I was totally asleep when Bb was taken out from me. Bb was born 10am but I woke at about 11.30 am, and that was then they brought Bb to me for skin-to-skin contact for about 2 minutes.
Hospital advocated skin-to-skin contact, but under GA, yes it's not possible for contact with bb right away since you are still asleep.

My gynae had advised me to opt for regional-epidural c-sec so that I could witness the birth and have Bb to have skin-to-skin contact immediately, but I had no courage for this procedure as I heard from other mummies you could still feel some pain, so went for full GA instead.
I believe most hospitals advocate skin-to-skin contact immediately where possible, so perhaps you could talk to the nurses or gynae on this.

Did you have regional or GA for your csec?

I had a c-sec on 7th June, coincidentally was the day you posted this message :)
Mine was elective c-sec, and I opted for General Anaesthesia, which means I was totally asleep when Bb was taken out from me. Bb was born 10am but I woke at about 11.30 am, and that was then they brought Bb to me for skin-to-skin contact for about 2 minutes.
Hospital advocated skin-to-skin contact, but under GA, yes it's not possible for contact with bb right away since you are still asleep.

My gynae had advised me to opt for regional-epidural c-sec so that I could witness the birth and have Bb to have skin-to-skin contact immediately, but I had no courage for this procedure as I heard from other mummies you could still feel some pain, so went for full GA instead.
I believe most hospitals advocate skin-to-skin contact immediately where possible, so perhaps you could talk to the nurses or gynae on this.

First of all congratulation on your newborn! :)

Glad that everything is somehow over for you! I'm still deciding should I go for GA or Epi.

Can I check how did you feel when you woke up from GA? Did you experience dizziness or vomiting or in extreme pain or etc? Did you bf your baby the moment you woke up from GA? During the first 1 hour, bb was fed formula milk?

How the GA was administered? Did they just jab on your hand and within second you knocked out or they need to insert many stuff in you first before knocked you out?

Sigh..my first born was under Epi but for my second I'm thinking should I op for GA cos I cannot imagine the epi running through my spine again.

Mine they took away awhile (to check on baby coz mine Is jus hit 37 wks old by) and they brought the baby back to me for skin to skin contact while gynae doing stitching up after abt 5 mins

Think depend on your baby health, if ok they will allow skin to skin.

First of all congratulation on your newborn! :)

Glad that everything is somehow over for you! I'm still deciding should I go for GA or Epi.

Can I check how did you feel when you woke up from GA? Did you experience dizziness or vomiting or in extreme pain or etc? Did you bf your baby the moment you woke up from GA? During the first 1 hour, bb was fed formula milk?

How the GA was administered? Did they just jab on your hand and within second you knocked out or they need to insert many stuff in you first before knocked you out?

Sigh..my first born was under Epi but for my second I'm thinking should I op for GA cos I cannot imagine the epi running through my spine again.
I felt I woke up from a long sleep, abit of dizziness at first and throat felt sore which lasted a few hours, think it was the medication they gave before the GA. There wasn't much immediate pain at abdomen though until I was wheeled to the ward later. I didn't ask, but I should think Bb was fed formula milk during the time I was still in recovery room, it took several hours for me till late afternoon to be transferred to ward as there was no available bed, so didn't also get to bf Bb immediately after GA..

Yeah I remember I was jabbed on the hand and then knocked out soon after, dun remember anything after that :p

Epi very painful? If ever I was to have a c-sec again, I think I will try epi just to experience the moment of Bb being born and hubby can also get to see..

all the best to u! And yeah, I understand how u feel weighing each option, but enjoy the process :)

hello.. i decided on GA and i just delivered 2 weeks ago!! :)

Post op, GA is slightly more painful than Epi as, under Epi, before the anesthesia went off, you are already on drip. So you will not feel the pain as thereafter you will be on painkiller. While GA, you will not on drip until much later and definitely can feel the pain on the wound :(

So how was your recovery? My recovery this time round is better compared to my first one!

How is baby and everything?

Back