Can i still take honey pollen when pregnant?

hazel_mum

hi all mum to be,

does any1 know is it safe to take honey pollen( feng huang jiang) during pregnancy?

i bought one whole bottle from taiwan last year and had been taking a little teaspoon each morning. I got pregnant recently and wonder is it still safe to take?

pls share with me if you have any info.

thanks ya!

I also heard it is safe during pregnancy but not for babies once they are born. Have to wait until they turn 1 year old plus.

honey is good for health..even for pregnant woman. the baby will have a good skin..and then when baby is born, it's good for their immune..but not sure what age they can start drinking..

hi dumberger, honey pollen is "feng huang jiang", should be royal jelly...

i called up the gynae and he said it's ok to take.

i since taken it every morning. I think I do feel better, still tired but I think that's inevitable

hi ylang ylang,

you also bought the royal jelly from taiwan? hehe is it the mao shan 1? that expensive right?

HI Ladies.
My Chinese Sinseh said that HOney is bad, it has some form of bacteria whhich is bad for preg mummies.
As for Royal Jelly, he said it is very cooling "cold". Can eat, and good for bb's brain's development. But cannot eat too much, may be too cold for mummy and bb.
I listens to him, bcos he is experience and also recommend good stuffs to me.

hi bb uk,
thanks for sharing. i feel better assured after hearing what you said
happy.gif

hi miss83,
i heard from the honey salesladies babies under 12 months cannot take honey like what Angie mentioned. So I think it is quite true

Hi,
my friend recommended me to royal jelly. His DD seldom fall sick within a year. I have been taking it for 3 months and so far so good. Have recently stock up bottles of royal jelly because i used up quite fast. Can buy from Nature's farm. Just bought over the weekend since they have promotion.

Hi

i was taking royal jelly before pregnant so once confirm pregnant, i actually check with the manufacturer but they can't commit to me if its safe to consume during pregnancy so i decided not to continue as i dun wan to take chance.

For honey(i was taking manuka honey), my gynae also say its safe to take during pregnancy but for royal jelly, he jus comment that he hasn't heard of his patient complaining abt royal jelly consumption giving problem during pregnancy so choice is up to me. Anyway i very kiasu type so i also stopped manuka honey during pregnancy. After my girl popped in Jan 09, i started to have flu during confinement so i took manuka honey....now this is the part that you all may want to take note, my total breastfed newborn's poo poo was much much watery than usual so i figure manuka honey has some effect on baby through breastmilk, wat more to foetus while its inside u? The only thing unverified is whether the effect is positive or negative...since not sure, better dun anyhow eat lor...

My elder girl started on manuka honey at age 2.5yrs old & is a daily thing for maintenance of immunity especially after she started childcare at 2yrs old....i must say she hardly fall sick after 3yrs old(half yr after starting on manuka honey), even during chicken pox breakout she caught fr childcare, she didn't even have fever at all except the pox breakout so it was much manageable.

hope this helps....

Back