December 2017 mummies

I had this clear, watery discharge two days in a row now. It comes out in a gush and no need for panty liner but enough to wet my undies significantly. Do you ladies experience this? Just once in the morning and the rest of the day is fine. A bit worried now. Is it normal?

I had this clear, watery discharge two days in a row now. It comes out in a gush and no need for panty liner but enough to wet my undies significantly. Do you ladies experience this? Just once in the morning and the rest of the day is fine. A bit worried now. Is it normal?
I have it too.. not really a gush for me but intermittent watery discharge throughout the days..

It's not heavy but just on and off brown spotting. My gynae is from NUH and I think all first trimester scans at NUH are usually done by sonographers so my gynae have not personally scan me himself.. anw I had another bout of spotting with watery discharge so I quickly went to see another gynae and found out that my placenta was bleeding due to low lying placenta so she gave me utrogestan to insert every night.. hopefully that will help to stop the spotting
May I know who u seeing at nuh? I was referred to Prof chong yap sheng but I read that review of him wasn't fantastic. I m thinking if I should get another one.

I experienced that too.. but I'm also having spotting at the same time due to low lying placenta. I read online that this increased in vaginal discharge is known as leukorrhea

May I know who u seeing at nuh? I was referred to Prof chong yap sheng but I read that review of him wasn't fantastic. I m thinking if I should get another one.

Hi, I'm seeing Prof Mahesh but thinking if I should switch to Prof Biswas instead cause Prof Mahesh only have one clinic session at nuh every week

How u find the gynea so far?

I find him quite alright although there are times i wish he could be slightly more reassuring.. his clinic waiting time can also be exceptionally long.. there was once I waited 4hrs to see him.

If u're looking for good gynae from nuh, u might also want to consider prof biswas? I read a lot of good reviews about him online.

Went for a scan on Saturday and all's good - the small pool of blood in my placenta seems to have emptied out. And baby's heartbeat is good. He/she has grown bigger too. Whew! Thank God. :)

I hope all mummies who are spotting will be ok soon too!

Gynae also said I can take my Harmony Test since I was there so I proceeded with it. Can't wait to get the results.

But ever since I'm on an increased dose of Duphaston (gynae said to continue to be safe), I've noticed that I've been having more discharge than usual. But not sure if they're related.

Any mummies encounter stomach flu before? I am living with my Niece and she is down with stomach flu. The doctor said it's highly contagious, which means there is high chance that I might catch it. :(

Any mummies encounter stomach flu before? I am living with my Niece and she is down with stomach flu. The doctor said it's highly contagious, which means there is high chance that I might catch it. :(
yes it's very contagious, you can ask yr niece to wear mask & wash throughly the things she touch & use,avoid sharing any food or drinks with her. if you have purifier,u can try switching it on too. avoid going too near her too

My first preggy, now week9 and edd 31 Dec.

Experienced lots of cramping during week5-6 and bleeded. Went to A&E and was given Progesterone to stablise.

Been blessed without much discomfort or ms but needs to wee alot.

Self reminder to take small meals as to prevent bloatiness.

Excited & looking forward to seeing my gyne this Fri to find out how our little joy is doing ❤

How much is harmony test?

How u find the gynea so far?
hi i happen to see the thread. i was with the high rish recurrent unit with NUH in last pregnancy a few years back. i seen Prof Mahesh and some other drs. So far at that point the person who can give me the most assurance is Dr anita. Im still seeing her now :)

She's just a consultant if im not wrong, but i was very well taken care of and had a baby gal under her care. As i had 4 miscarriages before having my gal. She is patient and waiting time is abt 30mins with her. You can consider trying out if you dont mind that she has a lower title. For me im personally very grateful to her.

Experienced lots of cramping during week5-6 and bleeded. Went to A&E and was given Progesterone to stablise.

Excited & looking forward to seeing my gyne this Fri to find out how our little joy is doing ❤

Congrats! :)

I paid $1600 for the Harmony Test. I think the cheapest I've heard of is $1300.

Went for a scan on Saturday and all's good - the small pool of blood in my placenta seems to have emptied out. And baby's heartbeat is good. He/she has grown bigger too. Whew! Thank God. :)

I hope all mummies who are spotting will be ok soon too!

Gynae also said I can take my Harmony Test since I was there so I proceeded with it. Can't wait to get the results.

But ever since I'm on an increased dose of Duphaston (gynae said to continue to be safe), I've noticed that I've been having more discharge than usual. But not sure if they're related.
Hi @CHH_Mummy ,
Congrats! :)

I paid $1600 for the Harmony Test. I think the cheapest I've heard of is $1300.
Hi ladies,

Can anyone advise how you decide whether to go for harmony, oscar or HIPT (panorama)? I just found out I'm having fraternal twins week 6 now.

Hi @CHH_Mummy ,

Hi ladies,

Can anyone advise how you decide whether to go for harmony, oscar or HIPT (panorama)? I just found out I'm having fraternal twins week 6 now.
For twins, i dun think harmony and panorama will be suitable cos the blood test can detect the baby's DNA but not knowing is which baby's. U might want to check with your gynae for more details for twins. Oscar test is not really accurate as they measured by baby's neck thickness and also mother's age. For CVS/Amnio, it's 100% accuracy but there is 2-3% of miscarriage risk. If gynae doesn't give u a clearer explanation, u can Google for all these tests to understand even more before deciding with your hubby. For myself I did panorama test as my age is 40 and Oscar test confirm sure fail. And I do not want to go through mc risk as I had 2 mc before (not due to cvs/amnio test), thus I opt out cvs/amnio too.

Last edited:
For twins, i dun think harmony and panorama will be suitable cos the blood test can detect the baby's DNA but not knowing is which baby's. U might want to check with your gynae for more details for twins. Oscar test is not really accurate as they measured by baby's neck thickness and also mother's age. For CVS/Amnio, it's 100% accuracy but there is 2-3% of miscarriage risk. If gynae doesn't give u a clearer explanation, u can Google for all these tests to understand even more before deciding with your hubby. For myself I did panorama test as my age is 40 and Oscar test confirm sure fail. And I do not want to go through mc risk as I had 2 mc before (not due to cvs/amnio test), thus I opt out cvs/amnio too.
I see.. ok I will have a chat with my gynae on this then..:)

hi i happen to see the thread. i was with the high rish recurrent unit with NUH in last pregnancy a few years back. i seen Prof Mahesh and some other drs. So far at that point the person who can give me the most assurance is Dr anita. Im still seeing her now :)

She's just a consultant if im not wrong, but i was very well taken care of and had a baby gal under her care. As i had 4 miscarriages before having my gal. She is patient and waiting time is abt 30mins with her. You can consider trying out if you dont mind that she has a lower title. For me im personally very grateful to her.
Thanks for your feedback. ;) sometimes consultants might do better jobs than senior consultants ya. :) I will consider. Thanks muchie.

Excited & looking forward to seeing my gyne this Fri to find out how our little joy is doing

mine is 1.2k

NIPT test is it the same as Harmony test? I went to TMC and they told me it's $1800 and OSCAR test will be $400. How many tubes of blood of they draw from the NIPT or Harmony test? The thoughts of going through blood drawing makes me shiver. :( I have to make my decision by this week as the Gynae told me the best time for me to take the blood test will be 5-9 June.

NIPT test is it the same as Harmony test? I went to TMC and they told me it's $1800 and OSCAR test will be $400. How many tubes of blood of they draw from the NIPT or Harmony test? The thoughts of going through blood drawing makes me shiver. :( I have to make my decision by this week as the Gynae told me the best time for me to take the blood test will be 5-9 June.
Yes, harmony or panaroma or verifi prenatal test are NIPT. It is dpending on what your gynae offer, all are different prices.

Mine is panorama test and it is also one of the NIPT. I did mine at $1.2k Gleneagles at my gynae clinic. It's 2 tubes of blood withdrawn.

Not sure thou. But she told me she opted for Harmony test and they took 7 tubes of blood. That's why I was pretty scare.

I had 3 tubes of blood drawn. 2 tubes for panorama and 1 tube for pre-eclampsia test. But they only poked the needle once so as long as you relax you don't feel anything when they change the tube.

I had some minor spotting few days back... going see gynae today again to be safe. This pregnancy is getting expensive! Been seeing gynae so often.... heh..! Just can't wait to have a beautiful lovely baby in my arms in December then all these will be worth it..

Not sure thou. But she told me she opted for Harmony test and they took 7 tubes of blood. That's why I was pretty scare.

I took Harmony and they also drew 7 tubes of blood from me. When I saw the empty tubes, I got a shock and asked the nurse "huh need so much blood ah?". Then she said "ya this test is expensive leh, so they test for every single thing, got so many tests to do so need more blood".

I took Harmony and they also drew 7 tubes of blood from me. When I saw the empty tubes, I got a shock and asked the nurse "huh need so much blood ah?". Then she said "ya this test is expensive leh, so they test for every single thing, got so many tests to do so need more blood".
What I've found out is there are quite a few of these NIPT tests available, mainly in the US (Harmony, Panorama, MaterniT21, Verifi). All the tests look for essentially the same thing but are done using slightly different sequencing techniques. For Sg, we have Harmony and Panorama. Panorama is the latest launch in 2013, Harmony launch in 2012. Panorama is cheaper and can be tested after 9 weeks and turn around time is 10 days for the results, accuracy is 99%. Harmony is more expensive and can be tested after 10 weeks and turn around time is 14 days for results, accuracy is also 99%. Actually both test is testing the same thing for the chromosomes of the baby, except that the Panorama is claiming over 99% accurate in detecting Trisomy 21, 18 and 13 which is slightly more than for the Harmony Test for Trisomy 18 and 13. So it depend on the clinic or hospital that u go to whether they have Panorama or Harmony test avaiĺable. Both test results came from USA as well but different company lab.

Last edited:
What I've found out is there are quite a few of these NIPT tests available, mainly in the US (Harmony, Panorama, MaterniT21, Verifi). All the tests look for essentially the same thing but are done using slightly different sequencing techniques. For Sg, we have Harmony and Panorama. Panorama is the latest launch in 2013, Harmony launch in 2012. Panorama is cheaper and can be tested after 9 weeks and turn around time is 10 days for the results, accuracy is 99%. Harmony is more expensive and can be tested after 10 weeks and turn around time is 14 days for results, accuracy is also 99%. Actually both test is testing the same thing for the chromosomes of the baby, except that the Panorama is claiming over 99% accurate in detecting Trisomy 21, 18 and 13 which is slightly more than for the Harmony Test for Trisomy 18 and 13. So it depend on the clinic or hospital that u go to whether they have Panorama or Harmony test avaiĺable. Both test results came from USA as well but different company lab.
Hihi, Sg also have Verifi, i just done mine yesterday at my gynae.

Hi,I had a recommendation of my confinement lady. You don't have to worry about if you engaged her. She's from Malaysia with 2 years professional experienced from confinement center and 8 years experienced as a freelance CL. Some CL are relatively cheap but I go for quality rather than cost.
She takes good care of me, especially for my baby. She's very concerned, being patient to my daughter and really shows love. My daughter stays with her every night and she responsibility.
She make everything run smoothly during my confinement. As a new mom, I don't need to worried about and I can fully trust on her.
By the way, her cooking was pretty good.
I've learnt a lot from her of how to take care of a baby and of course of her professional, I did extended her for a month.
If any of you Mommy wants to get more information of my CL, here's her WhatsApp or call to +601136539563.

Suddenly have softer stools after being constipated in first trimester. Do you ladies experience this too?

Suddenly have softer stools after being constipated in first trimester. Do you ladies experience this too?
Yeah me! I start to have softer stools now I'm at 13 weeks plus and every day pooping. Before dis was constipated only every few days will poop.

Not exactly softer but maybe easier to come out? I find that squatting helps with my bowel movement tremendously.

On a side note, anybody feel pain in the lower abdomen? I feel some pain, sometimes like it's stretching, sometimes cramp kinda pain and sometimes sharp pain. Each time i have to rest for a period of time before the pain lessens.. it doesn't fully go away either :/

Not exactly softer but maybe easier to come out? I find that squatting helps with my bowel movement tremendously.

On a side note, anybody feel pain in the lower abdomen? I feel some pain, sometimes like it's stretching, sometimes cramp kinda pain and sometimes sharp pain. Each time i have to rest for a period of time before the pain lessens.. it doesn't fully go away either :/
Ya it's easier to come out than before. And yes I do feel some pains on off in lower abdomen. The same pains I feel during week 8 to 10. There are sharp pains at times too. I believe it's stretching. Baby is growing and need more space to move.

Back