Advice needed on divorce/separation/child custody

Hi,

I am new to this forum. I am also in a dilemma as I caught hubby having affair with the maid. I have talked to him but instead of asking for my forgiveness, he told me to accept the maid as 2nd one. Is there any wife out there who will accept this?

I have sent the maid back without telling him. Now he's unhappy and sad that the maid is gone....he treat me like a stranger...we are not talking anymore....he comes home late everyday and does not bother with the kids (2 boys). He just treat the house as a hotel where he comes home bathe and sleep, then go work early in the morning. He even put his handphone in his pocket all the time now fearing I would secretly check his handphone. Even though the maid has gone, I believe they still contact each other as I can still see her online status in her Watsapp while hubby Watsapp status also online. I am pretty sure she will come back to Singapore to work as a FDW again so that she can meet him outside because she actually asked for transfer but I sent her back instead without giving her notice.

For the kids, I am hoping to salvage the marriage and even forgave him for doing this to me. But now it seems impossible to carry on anymore. What should I do?

Broken mum

Hugs hugs ... try counselling girl

I don't mind to go for counselling to save our marriage but I know he wont go for such things at all unless its compulsory because 1 of his friend went for counselling and he said it's waste of time :(

I am really tired and painful all this while enduring his affair.....I really don't know what steps should I take. It's because I still love him a lot that's why given him a chance but if we stay on like this...it's going to hurt both of us. Eventually, we will still have to end.

hi, my opinion is that the basic problem is always there.
U send her back without blacklisting her with MOM, she might be already back in Singapore.
Is this maid the only women he have, or after this maid he look for someone else. If not why he is staying such a long hours outside?

to savalge the marriage, what are u prepared to do? give in and let the maid be the mistress. u must know how to draw a line. U have your children, if u give in to what he wants, u are teaching your children(boys) the wrong things.

I don't advocate divorce unless its really end of end .. if he don't go counselling then open talk would seems to be only option. Whatever decision you make will affect your kids and divorce isnt as easy as it seems ..there's alot of hurts n emotions involved. This is my 5cents worth ... take care n try to talk with him ..wish you all the best, hugs

hi, my opinion is that the basic problem is always there.
U send her back without blacklisting her with MOM, she might be already back in Singapore.
Is this maid the only women he have, or after this maid he look for someone else. If not why he is staying such a long hours outside?

to savalge the marriage, what are u prepared to do? give in and let the maid be the mistress. u must know how to draw a line. U have your children, if u give in to what he wants, u are teaching your children(boys) the wrong things.

Hi Sadliving,

I have actually reported her to MOM...but MOM said my evidence is not sufficient to show their relationship....they wanted photos of their intimacy which I don't have because in the first place hubby forbid to install camera at home. I have no access to his hp to take any photo evidence. I only have messages which the maid admit to me about her affair with hubby....but its not enough as per MOM. MOM only said they can put her under referral status which means for future employer hiring her can refer to me but its not compulsory as employer can choose not to refer to me.

Yes, this maid is the only woman he has. He is working long hours and comes home late everyday.

I will not accept the maid as the mistress but he has mentioned that its either I accept or divorce....so its like really no ending if he is reluctant to forget her and give up her. What am I supposed to do?

To have affair with a maid is really something that will scars u for life to the extend u will be afraid of hiring another maid..
anyway, for him, I think he is very upfront with u. Accept or divorce, so I think even u talk more to him, that will be the answer.

be firm with him. U should lose your dignity, like what sadliving have said, whatever u do, your two boys is watching.

Hi. Anyone can help me or is there any lawyers to recommend for divorce. Im married less than 3 yrs. Just give birth. I wish to divorce with my husband as i cant stand his lies. Ive lost trusts in him. He left me during my pregnancy. Did not visit me and baby from the day we discharged. Im feeling sick and tired already. Just need help in finding lawyers who is able to help me file divorce even its not reach 3yrs.

My divorce was settled within 6 weeks, and my lawyer is excellent. Pro active, and his rates was super reasonable because I did afew comparisons. Anyone who needs his contact do PM me.

Hi Wildberriers1980,
Can share your lawyer's company and contact with me? How much is the cost?
How to go about calling lawyers to enquire?
Please guide me. Thank you in advance.

I received my writ of divorce last month.

It took me 9months to prepare and settled on a lawyer I satisfied.

I met many many Lawyers who mostly gave me scary scenarios if I contest the divorce,

Never rush to divorce based on emotions. I would say our survival instinct should be first.

My kids are grown up so it's less stressful for me. I want to divorce but there are too many issues to proceed therefore contested divorce is the only choice I have now.

In the end I didn't chose the most expensive or best lawyer. I chose one who is prompt sincere and supportive. My lawyer has to listen and advice instead of just giving me his side.

I am quite firm on what I want. So if you are too, you do not have to get the most expensive lawyer. Read up and prepare yourself for the battle. Then discuss the procedure.

But please be at least financially sound and able to afford the legal fees. Don't let emotions rule over you. Be prepared so you can handle this better.

I m married for 20years... do ask me about it...
It does hurts a hell lot...

Hi, I am also interested in applying for a divorce. my hubby cheated on me two years back and gave him a chance but i still find him going to adult entertainment places and found his ex mistress (who he met at those dirty places) contact on his phone. she blocked me off whatsapp and isn't taking up my calls so I can't do much. he neglects me alot saying it's cause of work. always home really late. we have no kids.

I want to get a divorce, but I am unsure if I am eligible? I have been married for almost 5 years by the end of the year. Please help! Thank you.

Hi, I am also interested in applying for a divorce. my hubby cheated on me two years back and gave him a chance but i still find him going to adult entertainment places and found his ex mistress (who he met at those dirty places) contact on his phone. she blocked me off whatsapp and isn't taking up my calls so I can't do much. he neglects me alot saying it's cause of work. always home really late. we have no kids.

I want to get a divorce, but I am unsure if I am eligible? I have been married for almost 5 years by the end of the year. Please help! Thank you.

since you are married for more than 3 years alr you can file for divorce, however proving adultery even with proof of text messages is going to be difficult . since you have no kids i think its better to consider divorce now. it will only get worse if you have kids later on... just my 2 cents

since you are married for more than 3 years alr you can file for divorce, however proving adultery even with proof of text messages is going to be difficult . since you have no kids i think its better to consider divorce now. it will only get worse if you have kids later on... just my 2 cents

Thank you for your advice. I feel so too, I am very sure he will do this to me again and I don't want children to be involved. He has had flings time and again and I don't know why I was so blinded to have stayed throughout.

I just am unsure if I have valid grounds for divorce? I don't have sufficient evidence of his adultery. Do I go under unreasonable behaviour? And what evidence do I have to provide?

Anyone able to help?

Thank you for your advice. I feel so too, I am very sure he will do this to me again and I don't want children to be involved. He has had flings time and again and I don't know why I was so blinded to have stayed throughout.

I just am unsure if I have valid grounds for divorce? I don't have sufficient evidence of his adultery. Do I go under unreasonable behaviour? And what evidence do I have to provide?

Anyone able to help?

apparently if couples can't prove adultery, they file for divorce under unreasonable behaviour. I'm not sure about whether you have to provide evidence under unreasonable behaviour though.

If you have really tried your best to make your marriage work but it has proven to be futile... then I think the best thing to do now is to talk to a lawyer to get some guidance. that way your doubts will be cleared.

As a tip. don't tell the lawyer outright that you want to divorce. Just say you need some guidance on what are the possible outcomes of your situation.. This way you know if the lawyer is sincere in helping you or just after your money.

If you need a lawyer, you can pm me.

The thing is there r questions that need to b answer to just draw conclusion ...e.g. Why did she leave a young child alone knowing the danger? How did the husband got to know? Whose house was this ..legally? Was she in right frame of mind or she wasn't... N what were the parenting arrangement?
So we hv to know all facts as there may be other factors in play that were not conveyed so hv to consider all.

Still rmb 2015 news, a 18 yrs old china lady fatal accident hit by a taxi driver and her fatty Boyfriend who's a 8 yrs married man behind with 3 child n Wife. I am the Wife and I would like to share out my experiences. After this accident, I found out the police statement n caught my ex having adultery. He didn't apologise n left us at his parent place and went to china after his gf met fatal accident during July 2015. This time my bto house came in on Sep2015 and It's been quite tough when my ex left us and Went to China while I'm staying with his parent. They knowing their Son done the most worsen things to me and they treated me like stranger and worries that I will took their grandchildren away. At that time I didn't have this thought before..but I just want my 3 children although I don't have a Husband. My children not close to his Father but they are aware of his dad is an irresponsible person and seldom see him with us. So finally my bto renovated and I moved during Jan 2016. I engaged a lawyer to help me out of our divorce and previously my ex often asked me to look for lawyer before his gf accident happened. When I'm doing my packing and informed my in law that I'm moving out with my children they are very unhappy and cursed me with bad words Cause they didn't expected I will move out in my own way without any helps. My ex is their only Son and they very care about their faces than anythings. My in law called his Son to come back from China And support my ex to engage a lawyer to sue me.. they file summon and 4 set of affidavit during March 2016 which have my in law each person 1 set, his helper which staying at my in laws place 1 set and my ex too. When I received their filing and I got shocked cause actually we both parties agreed to divorce peacefully but ended up this dragging me till today.. so I asked my engaged lawyer and she said I have to response to their filing if not I will have to admited from what they filling. So at that time I do not have much time to look for legal aid so my private lawyer helping me to do the filing. At that time I felt so unfair and as a single parent with my partner having adultery and yet I have to spend money to do the response. Not just legal fees and this caused me alots of stress on those filing. So to cut cost on my legal fees and my lawyer advice me to just response to my ex affidavit. But after we sent, they come another round of 4 set affidavit on the may 2016, everythings saying is duplicate against me which trying to say things look bad on me. At that time I need to reply again and I hired PI and found out my ex went to some dirty club while fighting the child custody with me. I bring out the pictures to support on my second affidavit on June 2016. My ex family never give up and they knowing I'm always reply to one affidavit and they start to save cost and file me just only 1 set of third and fourth affidavit during July 2016 till there's a interim order came out on Sep 2016. At that time, the interim order given and they still not satisfied to the interim order. They continue to file against me till pushing me no way to go. Without caring for the child needs and keep fighting with me. They turn up to sch n my house making so many troubles and I called police up for so many times. Life become so difficult to keep my 3 child with me. But my 3 child telling me not to give up on them n I believe by any chance there's no Mother will give up on their own children. I tried all my best and although I felt very unfair to me. I pray for my final order faster settled and I accepted what the judge given. Feb 2017, finally is my final order. Judge given me the 3 children care n control and child custody is jointed but I excepted. The Father given 8 session for the children access at core parenting center for review due to the children are not very close with him and they know that my ex family are trying to separate us away. The bto house I received nearly 80% and the children maintenance at $500each. But sadly that my ex disagree and appeal to court for the house n maintenance that he have to give to the children. He never pay maintenance accordingly and keep dragging me with all the lawsuits problems. Anyone have facing the same issues like me ? Sorry for my English caused I'm better in my Chinese. As a purely singaporean and a single mum wanted to protect my 3 children..like this isit fair to me?
Any advise and I wish to hear from your view..

Last edited:
Do you
Ladies .. n guys ..just a caution ... when you are looking for lawyers...pls pls ..toolong ..dun give your lawyer docus unless you want it reveal ..a recent fren i helped realised her confidential docus were in the hands of her hubby when she clearly gave only to her lawyer. You can dun believe me, i hv nothing to loose inhad won my divorce.

If u need help...pm me..i'll help u as far as i can
.have any good lawyer contact for me

I need a listening ear.. The thought of filing for a divorce had been on my mind ever since i was pregnant, but that wasn't a good time to proceed cuz i was well, pregnant. Ever since pregnancy days, my husband had been treating me badly. He visited nightclubs, late drinking, talking rude to me, sarcstic tone and shouted at me several times outside. Even when i was heavily pregnant, he will shout at me and doesn't help in housework. He is too self-centred.. only care abt himself and doesn't know how to show care and concern to others. Many times, i visited gynea alone and paid the fees using my own money. Then when i gave birth, he kept rushing me to discharge quickly though doc said bb was born slightly premature and my condition needed further monitoring. We stayed at condo but he was not willing to spend more though this is health matters. In the end, i paid for the bill myself.

Now my girl is 18 mth old. Over this past 1.5yr, he seldom helped out. And recently, he always shouted at me and spoke words that belittle me. The frequency is getting more and more regular. Lately when he shouted at me and spoke rudely, his parents kept asking me to endure cuz bb is still small. Say until i felt it's my fault.

I really wanna break away from him. But in a dilemma cuz there's no 3rd party and my girl is still very small. Before we were married, we were very lovely. I just can't believe that we hated each other to the core now.

hi ladies

im not accepting anyone new in my chatgrp.
Too many who are inactive. hence will be cleaning up.
I have finished my divorce AND appeal.

For those keen in advice, please PM me as Im not here often.

For those seeking lawyers, i will suggest you plan out finances first. Each consultation cost money.
Otherwise, DIY part of it.
It is not difficult if you have time.
And its best to go to a few firms and listen to which lawyer suits u better.
My lawyer is not the most expensive, neither is the cheapest. Im with her because she is compassionate and objective.

Hi
I need advises on the matrimonial assets. I caught my hub committing adultery. Today I went to the lawyer and she told me that the court will divide the assets including our personal savings accounts. Is this true or only when the divo is contested? As I earn more than my hub, my personal savings is more but we contribute 50-50 to the joint account. How do I prevent him from having access to my personal savings?

Also if anyone has good lawyer to recommend please Pm me

Last edited:
Hi

hi, did you managed to file for divo? You mentioned that you found out 2 years ago. Was the 2 years ago evidence still valid?

Still rmb 2015 news, a 18 yrs old china lady fatal accident hit by a taxi driver and her fatty Boyfriend who's a 8 yrs married man behind with 3 child n Wife. I am the Wife and I would like to share out my experiences. After this accident, I found out the police statement n caught my ex having adultery. He didn't apologise n left us at his parent place and went to china after his gf met fatal accident during July 2015. This time my bto house came in on Sep2015 and It's been quite tough when my ex left us and Went to China while I'm staying with his parent. They knowing their Son done the most worsen things to me and they treated me like stranger and worries that I will took their grandchildren away. At that time I didn't have this thought before..but I just want my 3 children although I don't have a Husband. My children not close to his Father but they are aware of his dad is an irresponsible person and seldom see him with us. So finally my bto renovated and I moved during Jan 2016. I engaged a lawyer to help me out of our divorce and previously my ex often asked me to look for lawyer before his gf accident happened. When I'm doing my packing and informed my in law that I'm moving out with my children they are very unhappy and cursed me with bad words Cause they didn't expected I will move out in my own way without any helps. My ex is their only Son and they very care about their faces than anythings. My in law called his Son to come back from China And support my ex to engage a lawyer to sue me.. they file summon and 4 set of affidavit during March 2016 which have my in law each person 1 set, his helper which staying at my in laws place 1 set and my ex too. When I received their filing and I got shocked cause actually we both parties agreed to divorce peacefully but ended up this dragging me till today.. so I asked my engaged lawyer and she said I have to response to their filing if not I will have to admited from what they filling. So at that time I do not have much time to look for legal aid so my private lawyer helping me to do the filing. At that time I felt so unfair and as a single parent with my partner having adultery and yet I have to spend money to do the response. Not just legal fees and this caused me alots of stress on those filing. So to cut cost on my legal fees and my lawyer advice me to just response to my ex affidavit. But after we sent, they come another round of 4 set affidavit on the may 2016, everythings saying is duplicate against me which trying to say things look bad on me. At that time I need to reply again and I hired PI and found out my ex went to some dirty club while fighting the child custody with me. I bring out the pictures to support on my second affidavit on June 2016. My ex family never give up and they knowing I'm always reply to one affidavit and they start to save cost and file me just only 1 set of third and fourth affidavit during July 2016 till there's a interim order came out on Sep 2016. At that time, the interim order given and they still not satisfied to the interim order. They continue to file against me till pushing me no way to go. Without caring for the child needs and keep fighting with me. They turn up to sch n my house making so many troubles and I called police up for so many times. Life become so difficult to keep my 3 child with me. But my 3 child telling me not to give up on them n I believe by any chance there's no Mother will give up on their own children. I tried all my best and although I felt very unfair to me. I pray for my final order faster settled and I accepted what the judge given. Feb 2017, finally is my final order. Judge given me the 3 children care n control and child custody is jointed but I excepted. The Father given 8 session for the children access at core parenting center for review due to the children are not very close with him and they know that my ex family are trying to separate us away. The bto house I received nearly 80% and the children maintenance at $500each. But sadly that my ex disagree and appeal to court for the house n maintenance that he have to give to the children. He never pay maintenance accordingly and keep dragging me with all the lawsuits problems. Anyone have facing the same issues like me ? Sorry for my English caused I'm better in my Chinese. As a purely singaporean and a single mum wanted to protect my 3 children..like this isit fair to me?
Hi sorry to hear about your plight. I hope it has been resolved by now. I’m in the midst of filing for divorce but I’m also worried that my hub will contest or protest.

Thank you. But to shared my experience. My useless ex was not agreeable when I filed for divorce based on his unreasonable behaviour, he was fighting, demanding a lot. My lawyer was not able to make him to agree.
No choice, I went to a PI. The PI got the evidence. We file against him.
Then the process speed up a lot as he was afraid I take the evidence to expose him cos he was involve with a colleague.
He become nice and agree on most term.
Hi janey09,

I have same issue. I caught him and his colleague. I thought he will agree to most of my terms but yet he went to change to a better lawyer and want to counter-claim on my divorce! And the terms became even less favourable than before! I'm thinking why is he not scared that I will expose to the company? Or the company already know about their scandal?

Hi. Anyone can help me or is there any lawyers to recommend for divorce. Im married less than 3 yrs. Just give birth. I wish to divorce with my husband as i cant stand his lies. Ive lost trusts in him. He left me during my pregnancy. Did not visit me and baby from the day we discharged. Im feeling sick and tired already. Just need help in finding lawyers who is able to help me file divorce even its not reach 3yrs.

Hi, my friend had the same issue- ex-husband had an affair with her ex best friend, who is also married. She managed to divorce her husband but they still have matters not resolved. You may want to get yourself prepared mentally if divorce is the route you wanted.

Hi
I need advises on the matrimonial assets. I caught my hub committing adultery. Today I went to the lawyer and she told me that the court will divide the assets including our personal savings accounts. Is this true or only when the divo is contested? As I earn more than my hub, my personal savings is more but we contribute 50-50 to the joint account. How do I prevent him from having access to my personal savings?

Also if anyone has good lawyer to recommend please Pm me

Yes, the court will divide all assets meaning your assets and your hubby's assets as they are considered as MATRIMONIAL ASSETS.
Divorce and Ancillary matters are separate issues. You can contest both in the Divorce and Ancillary Matters stages, so its best to go for private settlement in a presence of YOUR lawyer. All assets division is based on efforts contributed during the marriage which can be classified as direct and indirect. I can recommend you my lawyer.

Last edited:

Number 1: Since he appealed, what you do is to respond to his appeal thru your lawyers, wait for the court date. There will be no further submissions of affidavit unless there are tons of compelling reasons and the court allows it. You just have to wait for the date for the appeal.
Number 2: After this appeal ended with a judgement. It is quite unlikely he will proceed to the Court of Appeal as it will be very costly and the court must agree to accept his appeal. In the Court of Appeal, Your ex cant appeal for the sake of "he is not happy with his judgement."
Number 3: You wrote that you have an interim order. Did the interim order state the maintenance for your children? If yes, you can summon him to court. His appeal is only on the final judgement of division of assets and child maintenance (which you stated) and not on the interim order, by law, he should still pay you the child maintenance as stated in the interim order.
In any case, trust your lawyer and trust yourself. You have been fighting all this while and you can do it, just endure it.

Hi, am i in the correct thread? I have hired a PI (50hrs $5000).. they have pictures of my husband hugging a nightclub lady. I want to file for divorce but heard that the PI fees can’t be claimed from him if I don’t file under adultery. Was told that this photos can only file under “unreasonable behaviour”. Anyone knows how much can the lawyer fees sum up to? As I’m really super tight up after hiring a PI..

Hi, am i in the correct thread? I have hired a PI (50hrs $5000).. they have pictures of my husband hugging a nightclub lady. I want to file for divorce but heard that the PI fees can’t be claimed from him if I don’t file under adultery. Was told that this photos can only file under “unreasonable behaviour”. Anyone knows how much can the lawyer fees sum up to? As I’m really super tight up after hiring a PI..

Wow. Very expensive PI...
Yes. You cannot claim for the PI fee, even you file for adultery.
But if only 'hugging' photo, and no other more kind of intimacy photos, then probably you can only file for unreasonable behaviour.
Lawyer fee can cost from 1800 (basic) upto 10k (depending if both 'fight' in court)

Wow. Very expensive PI...
Yes. You cannot claim for the PI fee, even you file for adultery.
But if only 'hugging' photo, and no other more kind of intimacy photos, then probably you can only file for unreasonable behaviour.
Lawyer fee can cost from 1800 (basic) upto 10k (depending if both 'fight' in court)

If it's adultery u can claim PI fee.

Cost for uncontested can be from $1200. If contested can be more than 35k

Hi all

I would like to seek some advice for a friends behalf.

She is from China and her China husband divorce her half a year ago, citing unreasonable behaviour. She didn’t contest to the divorce, and acceded to all his requests, as she just wanted to put it behind her and move on.

They share a son together, which he has custody. My frd was granted one night to stay over with the son. However, since the ex husband now has a gf visiting from China, my frd is not allowed to stay over.

The divorce terms are by far the most absurd I have heard. My frd is clearly being bullied, and sadly, Her divorce lawyer simply advise my frd to “just give in .”

I would like to know if she’s able to renegotiate her visitation rights with her son? Also any one with a good lawyer to help her fight back some rights? Thanks in advance
err i think no lea cuz the gf is just visiting n will eventually leave so it’s not strong a reason to vary terms.

Hi all

I would like to seek some advice for a friends behalf.

She is from China and her China husband divorce her half a year ago, citing unreasonable behaviour. She didn’t contest to the divorce, and acceded to all his requests, as she just wanted to put it behind her and move on.

They share a son together, which he has custody. My frd was granted one night to stay over with the son. However, since the ex husband now has a gf visiting from China, my frd is not allowed to stay over.

The divorce terms are by far the most absurd I have heard. My frd is clearly being bullied, and sadly, Her divorce lawyer simply advise my frd to “just give in .”

I would like to know if she’s able to renegotiate her visitation rights with her son? Also any one with a good lawyer to help her fight back some rights? Thanks in advance

If final interim mentioned that she can stay with their child for one night, she can. Her husband have no rights to stop her. If her husband does that, she can go to the court to 'sue' him with this.

If she feel that the terms aren't fair to her, in the first place she should have not given in. Now what she can do is only to engage another lawyer to fight. But frankly speaking, the winning will be very low, since in the first place she had accepted it

Thank you Eppy and DonLee for your response.

Even with little chance, I hope her ex abide by the terms strictly. As of now, her visitation rights is filled with tuition classes where she rushes to send her son from one destination to another. Failure to bring him back on time, he threatens her with removing her visitation.

Anyone with a good lawyer to recommend? She needs a lawyer who can converse in Mandarin. Many thanks in advance ....

Thank you Eppy and DonLee for your response.

Even with little chance, I hope her ex abide by the terms strictly. As of now, her visitation rights is filled with tuition classes where she rushes to send her son from one destination to another. Failure to bring him back on time, he threatens her with removing her visitation.

Anyone with a good lawyer to recommend? She needs a lawyer who can converse in Mandarin. Many thanks in advance ....
Apology. I do not have a lawyer to recommend...

Back