Prof PC Wong - IVF with Norethisterone

I don't feel any pain and he is gentle, wait till u go for the scan at fetal care centre and u will know what is call pain :)
Yah i tried the fetal care one quite sometime back quite painful. Today is my first scan wif prof very painful to me, i dont feel pain with other doc at chr like dr Anu or Dr chew. Maybe today Prof not in gd mood or the angle he put the scan in.

Yah i tried the fetal care one quite sometime back quite painful. Today is my first scan wif prof very painful to me, i dont feel pain with other doc at chr like dr Anu or Dr chew. Maybe today Prof not in gd mood or the angle he put the scan in.
How much u spend in total for first visit?

Last edited:
Hi ladies, I'm new to the forum. Can I ask if I book myself as a private patient with Prof Wong, will I still get the ivf subsidy by government? TIA!

I saw Prof Wong today and paid about 600+ for consultation, scan and blood tests. I found him to be straightforward and ok bedside manners. Slight discomfort during v scan because it was Day 3 menses for me lucky not too heavy if not very embarrassing!

He said I can start the fresh cycle in July!

Hi gals, i m new to the forum. TTC for 2 years now and am 36 yr old this year. After 1 IUI, decided to go for IVF as DH and I am comfortable with this decision after much thought, research and prayer.
just completed my gonal f stim + morning ogalutran injections. tonight i'll be injecting myself with the suprefact trigger shot. Due for OCR next week. Any of you on this same cycle with me?
Btw, Did any of you feel slight discomfort in your lower back? I think the "heavier" ovaries are causing some constant ache. Otherwise thankful no headache or other SE from gonal f so far.

Plan for FET this month with 1st scan done today. Not yet ovulation but lining 11mm. May I know how many days of HL will give for FET cycle in NUH ?

I will be returning 200 eggs at toa payohbzhu shen niang niang tomorrow morning ( 12 jul ) , hopefully any of you who need those eggs can pick up some

Hi anyone knows usually how long is the waiting time for ivf with prof wong? My first appt with him is in end July.

Hi anyone knows usually how long is the waiting time for ivf with prof wong? My first appt with him is in end July.

For IVF you're scheduled earliest, so it shouldn't exceed half hour. Then another half hour or so at CHR after that.

Hi thanks divineparadise and veraine. Hmm how about the waiting time from 1st consultation to the actual ivf procedures? If they schedule me for ivf, will it be far from my 1st consultation?

Hi thanks divineparadise and veraine. Hmm how about the waiting time from 1st consultation to the actual ivf procedures? If they schedule me for ivf, will it be far from my 1st consultation?

Depends on how many tests you need to undergo. And also your age and what other procedure you went through before. Not sure if it's still relevant, NUH usually recommends 3 times of IUI before IVF (dependent on all the various test results also).

If time is a factor for you, bring it up I think they'll try to arrange for you.

For my fresh cycle I did give them pressure by telling them which week work better for me cos I didn't intend to take much leave or utilise any of the hospitalisation leave. Lucky for me the period of ER and ET I managed to take only two days off I went back to work the next day. No OHSS thankfully

Depends on how many tests you need to undergo. And also your age and what other procedure you went through before. Not sure if it's still relevant, NUH usually recommends 3 times of IUI before IVF (dependent on all the various test results also).

If time is a factor for you, bring it up I think they'll try to arrange for you.

Oh, if they recommend IUI, are we being pressured to do that instead of trying IVF? Or they actually allow us to choose comfortably. My gynae suggested iui, but we prefer to go for IVF straight that's why we booked an appt at NUH.

For my fresh cycle I did give them pressure by telling them which week work better for me cos I didn't intend to take much leave or utilise any of the hospitalisation leave. Lucky for me the period of ER and ET I managed to take only two days off I went back to work the next day. No OHSS thankfully

Wow, is that your first IVF? I am quite troubled with the amount of HL that we have to take due to work. But at the same time I thought it's best to stay home during that 2-3weeks. What's OHSS btw hehehe

Oh, if they recommend IUI, are we being pressured to do that instead of trying IVF? Or they actually allow us to choose comfortably. My gynae suggested iui, but we prefer to go for IVF straight that's why we booked an appt at NUH.

One thing abt NUH docs is they are pro-natural and more conservative.

So if their assessment is there's a reasonable chance of success for IUI, they would strongly recommend IUI over IVF - because of all the excess hormones that's being pumped into the body, and don't even mention all the psychological stress that comes with it.

And I think the belief is ivf babies are less stable than naturally conceived ones. Like I'm spotting on and off, unexplained, doc told me it's common for ivf cases to be like that.

One thing abt NUH docs is they are pro-natural and more conservative.

So if their assessment is there's a reasonable chance of success for IUI, they would strongly recommend IUI over IVF - because of all the excess hormones that's being pumped into the body, and don't even mention all the psychological stress that comes with it.

And I think the belief is ivf babies are less stable than naturally conceived ones. Like I'm spotting on and off, unexplained, doc told me it's common for ivf cases to be like that.

Thanks Veraine. I visited prof ytd. He said my success rate under iui is only 7%. Therefore he suggested to do ivf with 40% success rate. Now really afraid of the self injection you succeed in first try?

Thanks Veraine. I visited prof ytd. He said my success rate under iui is only 7%. Therefore he suggested to do ivf with 40% success rate. Now really afraid of the self injection you succeed in first try?

You'll get used to the injections! Hehe. For the more "difficult" jabs, thicker needles or more painful med, I find it useful to sit in front of a fan. Less tensed.

I got my BFP in my third round of fresh :) Hope you'll strike gold in the first cycle!

Haha thanks next time I will sit infront of the fan thank u! I hope I will strike the first time too. Btw, I went to the talk by Prof. He said for below 35yo and first timer recommended to put 1 embryo instead of 2. During ur time, u put 1 or 2?

Haha thanks next time I will sit infront of the fan thank u! I hope I will strike the first time too. Btw, I went to the talk by Prof. He said for below 35yo and first timer recommended to put 1 embryo instead of 2. During ur time, u put 1 or 2?

Yup same. Cos NUH pro-natural ma. Human body is designed to have one baby.. so multiples are always considered higher risk.

First transfer the nurses will sit you down and strongly encourage you to transfer one only. But if that first transfer is not successful, subsequent transfers they won't try to persuade you to change from two to one, if you wish for two.

I only had one embryo from my first two cycles, then this third cycle had 5, and I transferred 2 and both implanted :)

Oh u have twins!! Congrats! For ur first cycle u put 1, for second cycle u didn't consider putting 2? It's really a tough choice. We are thinking abt putting two to have higher chance

Oh u have twins!! Congrats! For ur first cycle u put 1, for second cycle u didn't consider putting 2? It's really a tough choice. We are thinking abt putting two to have higher chance

I had one embryo for second cycle also

Which stage of ivf are u at now?

Hi,just to check,for those who doing medicated frozen cycle,what is procedure like?

Thanks.

Take mercilon the cycle before, then when period comes, take BT, if all good, start on progynova.

After abt 14 days of progynova, go back for a scan of lining. If good, proceed with transfer with that as day 0.

Otherwise, continue progynova and let lining build up for a few more days.

From day 0, start crinone and duphaston (both are progesterone), while continuing progynova.

Transfer date will be based on the age of your embryo.

Take mercilon the cycle before, then when period comes, take BT, if all good, start on progynova.

After abt 14 days of progynova, go back for a scan of lining. If good, proceed with transfer with that as day 0.

Otherwise, continue progynova and let lining build up for a few more days.

From day 0, start crinone and duphaston (both are progesterone), while continuing progynova.

Transfer date will be based on the age of your embryo.
Thanks for useful information. Btw,how long we need to take mercilon?

Thanks for useful information. Btw,how long we need to take mercilon?

Standard is 21 days. So period shd start around day 24.

But if you need to adjust the date due to work etc you can also. Like I took mercilon for 28 days. But it means the rest of the medicine will be wasted because they are sold in a packet of 21.

Standard is 21 days. So period shd start around day 24.

But if you need to adjust the date due to work etc you can also. Like I took mercilon for 28 days. But it means the rest of the medicine will be wasted because they are sold in a packet of 21.
Hi veraine,

When we start to take mercilon?e.g. day 3 of period or what.

Pai Seh for so many question

Hi veraine,

When we start to take mercilon?e.g. day 3 of period or what.

Pai Seh for so many question

No prob la. But best is to get instructions fr the CHR nurses. They're the best!!

I THINK it's start mercilon on second/third day of period. Oh I forgot, day 14 of mercilon need to go CHR for a jab also.

No prob la. But best is to get instructions fr the CHR nurses. They're the best!!

I THINK it's start mercilon on second/third day of period. Oh I forgot, day 14 of mercilon need to go CHR for a jab also.
Thanks so much. Now i have a better understanding on whole medicated FET.

Back