Hubby indifferent during 2nd pregnancy

Evelyn016

My hubby was really nice and caring during my first pregnancy. Help with housework, make sure I don't carry heavy stuff, even tried learning how to cook, when he can't even hold a knife properly. This time round, he is just indifferent and I would say, don't even bother to show concern when I mention things to him. When I told him my lower abdomen is aching, he just reply "What do you want me to do?"
I got pregnant through ivf, and even though this is my 2nd success, I don't feel much excitement this time round. I find it really sad sometimes, not sure why I'm doing this.

Was it what both of u want? Sometimes I think they just don't know wat 2 do 2 make preggy lady more comfortable

I mean if he asked u "wat u want me 2 do" U can always reply... is okie if u rub my back a bit? My hubby is d kind must b explicit de... even if he did it b4... he will tell me... "if u don't say... do u think I will know? I m not a worm living in u" Sounds cold... but darn if it isn't true

DH doesn't like assuming or thinking.... just give it 2 him straight... Like I will always say "if u r free can u drive me 2 xxx" His reply is "so if I not free den I don't have 2 drive u? Den I m not free" So if it's something I want him 2 do I just tell him

I told him straight in the face, but he still gave me a exasperated face, like "why are you asking me to do that". Really disappointing.

Well... both of u have decided 2 embark on this... Have a chat wif him n tell him how u feel... Don't wait n hope things will straighten out themselves

If u r unhappy about things now... n both of u r not talking it out... when d child comes... u will find more things dat he does or doesn't do will irritate u... some may b quite minor... but tolerance level isn't there...

Have a gd chat wif him

Yah, it feels as if I'm doing this alone. When I try telling him that he has to take up more responsibility when the baby comes next year, he doesn't seem really concerned and thinks I'm kicking up a fuss when I point out a lot of things that we have to make arrangement for.
He always say he don't know what I'm so unhappy about. He just don't get it. He just take me for granted because he knows that at the end of the day, I will still settle everything by myself. I told him he's like a tenant in the house while I'm the maid doing everything. But he feels that he's working and stressed enough already. But I really get annoyed when he don't even bother to spend 5 min to wash the dishes that he has used.
I just vacuumed the floor, washed 2 toilets, changed bedsheets, did laundry, while he dozed off on the sofa, looked at the hp, and left my boy to watch TV on his own for an hr. Really pissed off now.

I'm currently pregnant with number 2. Only 5 weeks along.
I ranted to my good friend and she said her husband also the same. Very kan chiong during the first time, now also bo chap. I really envy wives whose husbands do housework!
I'm probably more emotional during this period, but i really missed having my husband's concern. I told him straight in the face before, he's a great daddy, but a lousy husband.

Last edited:

Back