October 2017 Mummies

Hi mummies, im 18 weeks now. Is it normal for the upper abdomen to grow big also? (The area above the navel and below the bustline). Thanks!

Hi mummies... abit shy shy question to check with u all.. is it all right to resume " intimate" in trim 2 ? so far, my hubby & I totally abstained.. but we are just quite paranoid that will have any impact even though gynae said is all right.. :p

Hi mummies... abit shy shy question to check with u all.. is it all right to resume " intimate" in trim 2 ? so far, my hubby & I totally abstained.. but we are just quite paranoid that will have any impact even though gynae said is all right.. :p

Although gynae said safe but my hubby finds it's not safe coz it's our first baby :)

Sex is totally safe during pregnancy UNLESS your pregnancy is a complicated one. But mostly, it is safe. In fact, it might help with the delivery process.
Just need to find a comfortable position.

Hi Mummies, any mummies is under KK private and already went for the 5th month detailed scan?? I would like to know roughly how much is the charges. Thank you. :)

Last edited:
Hi ladies, any idea which brands of milk bottles are good? There are so many choices out there and it's kinda confusing for first time mums.
Based on my experience, you can buy one common brand milk bottle first, don't buy the bundle. cos u do not know whether will you baby love it as some babies can be rather choosy. Like my third son, he do not like flat teats. haha.

Hi mummies, how many kg have you put on so far? I'm 16 weeks and I have put on 3.5 kg. My gynae said my weight gain "very scary"! I also thought very scary because I throw up 3x a day, eat salad at night and cut back on carbo, yet still put on so much!

My 19 weeks only put on 2.9kg . Not sure is it under weight haha

My 19 weeks only put on 2.9kg . Not sure is it under weight haha

Hihi I think it's ok as long as your baby is growing well inside. Just went to the gynae, I'm 21 weeks and gained 2.7kg, she said it's ok and just try to maintain 1-2kg weight gain every month:)

Hi ladies! First time mummy, 5weeks plus into my pregnancy. My gynae is Dr Candice from GynaeMD but I found her fees too high. First time I consulted her, my bill came up to $460, today I went again and another $400. Consultation 120, scan 80, another 50 for Nurses fees. Others are like added on blood test and booster jab. Is this normal rate? I'm thinking of switching gynae cos her rate too expensive

Can any mummy recomend their gynae?

I use her before and my hubby don't like her attitude. Agree that her fee was higher than other Gynae ... maybe u can try others doctor .

Hello can please add me [email protected] in the secret fb group as my Edd is on 21 Oct 17 and I m a bit anxious as it's my #1 baby. Will need this support group. Thanks a million.

Last edited:
Hi Mummies.. Any idea are we to avoid BBQ food totally? Haizzz.. im a Fan of Mookata & recently been having crave for it badly.. However, ppl around me been telling me no! .. if is uncooked, there is bacterial, if is overcooked, is cancerous. My Devil & Angel been having a hard time fighting with each other or whether i can eat a little little ... :D

Hi Mummies, any mummies is under KK private and already went for the 5th month detailed scan?? I would like to know roughly how much is the charges. Thank you. :)

Hihi.. I've already gone for the detailed scan.. The scan itself is around $140-$150 ? I'm under KK private now but thinking of switching to NUH for the packages.

Hihi.. I've already gone for the detailed scan.. The scan itself is around $140-$150 ? I'm under KK private now but thinking of switching to NUH for the packages.
Hi. Thank you so much for enlightening me. Yea the disadvantage about kkh is that there is no package :(

Mine sharing where can I register them?

I am currently having classes a Upside motion (xtend barre and pilates mat place), although its not pre-natal class, but instructors will modify the movement for preggies.

I am interested to go for the trial class with my husband for the pre-natal couple reformer class at pilatesfitness.

Hi All, is there any whatsapp group to join? kinda need some support. i am having prenatal depression. it gets worst when I am at work. cos i have a lot of unfair treatment since they know I am pregnant. especially one of the my senior who has been in this company for 20 years. I hide in toilet to cry several times a day.

Hi, anyone has tips how to control weight gain? I already exercised 4x a week half an hour each and cut down on carbo. But whatever i eat seems to turn into fats.

Can share with me what do you ladies typically eat in a day?

Last edited:
Hi. Thank you so much for enlightening me. Yea the disadvantage about kkh is that there is no package :(

Yup that's the disadvantage. Other than that KKH is not bad. Waiting time not too long and haven't got any bad treatments from any staff as per the many many reviews online. I've been for my NUH appointment though and I guess I'm sticking to it. I got Dr Vanaja and she's such a sweetheart. The Saturday clinic makes me feel like I'm in a hotel lounge waiting for my room to be ready :D Very impressive. Will see how long is the waiting time during weekdays for my 30th week appointment :)

Hi All, is there any whatsapp group to join? kinda need some support. i am having prenatal depression. it gets worst when I am at work. cos i have a lot of unfair treatment since they know I am pregnant. especially one of the my senior who has been in this company for 20 years. I hide in toilet to cry several times a day.

Yes, is there any Whatsapp group?

And are you ok dear? Hope you don't let it affect u too much. I know it's hard. But we must also think of baby. Just let it out. There is also the FB group "2017 SG Mummys" should you need to rant. Great support system over there. Hugs

Hi, anyone has tips how to control weight gain? I already exercised 4x a week half an hour each and cut down on carbo. But whatever i eat seems to turn into fats.

Can share with me what do you ladies typically eat in a day?

I did prenatal yoga and my weight gain was very much under management. Try yoga... :D

anyone tried any pre-natal massage? please recommend.
Hi Mag07, the pre-natal massage I did was awesome. I feel so much lighter and my body less tensed. The lady even taught me how to massage the breast to prevent blocked ducts as these might make our breasts feel even more painful when we wanna breastfeed later. You can add her on fb 'bidan che ta'. :)

Hi Mag07, the pre-natal massage I did was awesome. I feel so much lighter and my body less tensed. The lady even taught me how to massage the breast to prevent blocked ducts as these might make our breasts feel even more painful when we wanna breastfeed later. You can add her on fb 'bidan che ta'. :)

can you pm me her fb. i am not sure which bidan che ta, cause there are quite a few users having that name.
Thank you

Hi,

Too many search result for ''bidan che ta' in FB, do you mind to share the contact ?
Thanks

Hi, any second-time mummies here can share with me whether the baby kicks will be painful in 3rd trimester? I just saw my belly skin "jumped out", I got a bit freaked out, I'm 23+ weeks now...

Back