November 2017 Mummies

Just wishes to find out... How often does the gynae schedule a checkup?
My wife went for a checkup on 8w6d. They did a ultrasound and show heartbeat. Measure the baby height/length..
Took my blood test too.

Then the coming appt is on 14w6d.
In which I understand, no ultrasound. Only blood test for my wife.

The next one appt will be on 20w3d.
In which I understand, will have ultrasound to determine baby gender.

But why seems to me. Her checkup dates very funny. What I read online. Normally gynae will arrange checkup on 8,12,16,20th week. And all seems to have ultrasounds.

Anyone facing similar experiences?
My wife is on 14w3d today.

Each visit to gynae shld have scan by the gynae de. Ur gynae is who? For private gynse shld have scan each time de even my ivf doc cum gynae also scan for mi each time i see him

Just wishes to find out... How often does the gynae schedule a checkup?
My wife went for a checkup on 8w6d. They did a ultrasound and show heartbeat. Measure the baby height/length..
Took my blood test too.

Then the coming appt is on 14w6d.
In which I understand, no ultrasound. Only blood test for my wife.

The next one appt will be on 20w3d.
In which I understand, will have ultrasound to determine baby gender.

But why seems to me. Her checkup dates very funny. What I read online. Normally gynae will arrange checkup on 8,12,16,20th week. And all seems to have ultrasounds.

Anyone facing similar experiences?
My wife is on 14w3d today.

i have checkup every month since week 7+, each checkup will have ultrasound scan. 12 weeks is OSCAR scan, 16 weeks can check for gender, 20 weeks is detailed scan. After that, it is just routine checkup to check for baby growth. One month before baby is due, the frequency become fortnightly or once a week.

My wife is seeing a kkh gynae. But he seems not very experienced. Thinking to change. Dr. Daniel. He is a Assoc Consultant. I scared he is not experienced enough to handle unforeseen situations.

We didn't do the down syndrome test is becos I read alot. There is no cure or medication to reduce or remove he chance of down syndrome. The test is also not 100% conclusive.

My wife had an etopic pregnancy back in sep 2016. It was devastating to us, especially to her.

So no matter what the chances of a down syndrome baby, we will still not remove it.
We shall hope for the best.

My wife is 32yrs old this year.

My wife is seeing a kkh gynae. But he seems not very experienced. Thinking to change. Dr. Daniel. He is a Assoc Consultant. I scared he is not experienced enough to handle unforeseen situations.

We didn't do the down syndrome test is becos I read alot. There is no cure or medication to reduce or remove he chance of down syndrome. The test is also not 100% conclusive.

My wife had an etopic pregnancy back in sep 2016. It was devastating to us, especially to her.

So no matter what the chances of a down syndrome baby, we will still not remove it.

Wishing you and your wife a smooth pregnancy and a healthy bb!

is that ur ivf doc? i duno if u can switch to dr tan hh ma. coz he's my ivf doc cum gynae

Dr tan hh full name is what? Male doctor?
We we're suppose to do ivf with Dr. Veronic in may 2017. But, my wife conceive naturally in Feb. Hence, kkh reassigned Dr. Daniel Koh as my wife gynae.

Dr tan hh full name is what? Male doctor?
We we're suppose to do ivf with Dr. Veronic in may 2017. But, my wife conceive naturally in Feb. Hence, kkh reassigned Dr. Daniel Koh as my wife gynae.

Oic dr tan heng Hao but since ur wife conceive natural u can try private gynae like dr tan Thiam Chye or John tee or June tan or kt tan. This 4 gynae are more popular in Kkh.

My doctor is from TMC and is performing my operation there. Also can in Mt.A but less comfortable.

I understand rates are not much different between the 2 but I've read a lot about the hidden charges in TMC. Can someone kindly advise if the hidden charges are enough for me to backout & turn to Mt. A? In terms of nurse and other services, do you think which one is better? Thanks.

My doctor is from TMC and is performing my operation there. Also can in Mt.A but less comfortable.

I understand rates are not much different between the 2 but I've read a lot about the hidden charges in TMC. Can someone kindly advise if the hidden charges are enough for me to backout & turn to Mt. A? In terms of nurse and other services, do you think which one is better? Thanks.

Mount avernia will be better. Tmc i dun like though i nv deliver there before but i heard what my frien review is pretty bad enough. I only like mount avernia

Hi Mummies, any mummies is under KK private and already went for the 5th month detailed scan?? I would like to know roughly how much is the charges. Thank you. :)

Last edited:
Hi Mummies, any mummies is under KK private and already went for the 5th month detailed scan?? I would like to know roughly how much is the charges. Thank you. :)

Im under kkh private but my detailed scan is in 4 july but i dun think is expensive. I can search back my bill for my no 1 but is 3 yrs back if u need to

BTW, is this normal, my wife claimed that she feel a kick from the baby yesterday after lunch.
She is 15w2d today.

For first time mummy is always start with tapping de. Some more urs is only 15 weeks. N is tapping feeling de not kicking. If kicking will be everyday n every moment.

She felt 1 kick only. But got some concern too. The gynae say the baby was about 7cm from ultrasound scan on 14w6d.
I read online should be taller or longer.
Is my wife not eating enough?

She felt 1 kick only. But got some concern too. The gynae say the baby was about 7cm from ultrasound scan on 14w6d.
I read online should be taller or longer.
Is my wife not eating enough?

Is abt there de. Online not accurate de la individual bb is differently.

Hi Carolyn,

Did you managed to gather more info on TMC?

Hi Carolyn,

Did you managed to gather more info on TMC?

I managed to research those "additional" fees in TMC compared to Mt.A. TMC is either more restrictive on timing or has an add on fee. These includes items such as ctg monitoring (beyond 7 hrs), operating theatre fees, bed sheets & pain relief items. My doctor confirmed though that fees between the 2 do not differ much. I've reserved also a slot in the hospital tours but won't have them until the end of the month.
If you happen to have made research too and made your decision, please advise me too :)

Hi,I would my confinement lady. You don't have to worry about if you engaged her. She's from Malaysia with 2 years professional experienced from confinement center and 8 years experienced as a freelance CL. Some CL are relatively cheap but I go for quality rather than cost.
She takes good care of me, especially for my baby. She's very concerned, being patient to my daughter and really shows love. My daughter stays with her every night and she responsibility.
She make everything run smoothly during my confinement. As a new mom, I don't need to worried about and I can fully trust on her.
By the way, her cooking was pretty good.
I've learnt a lot from her of how to take care of a baby and of course of her professional, I did extended her for a month.
If any of you Mommy wants to get more information of my CL, here's her WhatsApp or call to +601136539563.

I managed to research those "additional" fees in TMC compared to Mt.A. TMC is either more restrictive on timing or has an add on fee. These includes items such as ctg monitoring (beyond 7 hrs), operating theatre fees, bed sheets & pain relief items. My doctor confirmed though that fees between the 2 do not differ much. I've reserved also a slot in the hospital tours but won't have them until the end of the month.
If you happen to have made research too and made your decision, please advise me too :)
Ok sure, i haven't done any research yet but if i do find out more.. will share with
you :)

Ok sure, i haven't done any research yet but if i do find out more.. will share with
you :)

Hi, do you mind to share the delivery package price at mt A. I hv a few friends recommending to go Mt A. Nurses are patient and gentle. Price reasonable. So I might be booking a tour and want to find out more on the prices too. Thank you...

Hello all mummies to be.. Is anyone gg to kkh for delivery? Contemplating between kkh vs Mt A.. If the prices do not differ much.. Might consider Mt A.. Appreciate any advice.. Thank you..

Hello all mummies to be.. Is anyone gg to kkh for delivery? Contemplating between kkh vs Mt A.. If the prices do not differ much.. Might consider Mt A.. Appreciate any advice.. Thank you..

Im under kkh private patient. Depends if u are a natural or e-csect. If happen to be e-csect might be quite expensive under private hospital

Im under kkh private patient. Depends if u are a natural or e-csect. If happen to be e-csect might be quite expensive under private hospital

Thanks for your advice. Do you mind if I can have the kkh private package pricing for my comparison?

Hi,I would my confinement lady. You don't have to worry about if you engaged her. She's from Malaysia with 2 years professional experienced from confinement center and 8 years experienced as a freelance CL. Some CL are relatively cheap but I go for quality rather than cost.
She takes good care of me, especially for my baby. She's very concerned, being patient to my daughter and really shows love. My daughter stays with her every night and she responsibility.
She make everything run smoothly during my confinement. As a new mom, I don't need to worried about and I can fully trust on her.
I've learnt a lot from her of how to take care of a baby and of course of her professional, I did extended her for a month.
If any of you Mommy wants to get more information of my CL, here's her WhatsApp or call to +601136539563.

How much ? R u able to tell more on the duties she did ?

How much is your confinement ? What's the duties she did ? Do she clean hse too ?

Back