Review on Dr. Jerry Chan Kok Yen KKH

Squiddygie

Hi Everyone,

Am new to this forum and to IVF treatment. I've been assigned to Dr. Jerry Chan at KKH. However, the last review I saw of him was in 2014. Am wondering if there's any other recent reviews and feedback for him. Appreciate your responses!

Thanks!

There is a general thread in "Matters of the heart" section for Ivf support group. You will find more answers there plus a support group of people either past, present or future doing Ivf. Hope to see u there.

Hi Everyone,

Am new to this forum and to IVF treatment. I've been assigned to Dr. Jerry Chan at KKH. However, the last review I saw of him was in 2014. Am wondering if there's any other recent reviews and feedback for him. Appreciate your responses!

Thanks!

Hi Squiddygie,

I delivered at KKH in 2015. Jerry Chan was my doctor, my original doctor left KKH for other prospects and I was assigned to Jerry Chan. I opted for natural delivery but he did not order a bacteria test for me (I guess you can say it's dependent on the doctor's practice) but during my delivery, the doctor on duty asked for my test results and I could only stare at her blankly and say that I didn't do any such test. She muttered something and hastily walked away. Can you imagine, I was lying on the delivery bed in pain and what went through my mind when she asked me that question #%*^#%. Obviously it's too late to do any test now - Strike 1. My baby was overdue and one day I woke up and didn't really feel well (call it maternal instincts), I checked myself in and the doctor on duty asked me to go for a scan. Turns out my amniotic fluid had become too low and I had to be induced right away! My other girl friends shared that when they are overdue, their gyneas always monitor their fluid level, and also increased the checkup frequencies. Jerry Chan just scheduled me for delivery two weeks from my last visit and no more follow up, imagine if I didn't check myself in? - Strike 2. Because my delivery was unscheduled, Jerry Chan happened to be on leave - on hindsight I actually thanked my lucky stars cus in the end I had to undergo emergency c-section (pls dun go KKH if u can help it, the post-delivery service was great but the delivery service sucks but that's another story), can't imagine if he had to operate on me cus at that point I had already totally lost confidence in him. After I delivered, he did not even once visit me at the ward - Strike 3. Even my nurse said she was disappointed at the lack of follow up. I was quite upset over all this, especially since it's my first baby. For the follow up checks after my delivery, I requested to change doctor. The head nurse tried to convince me but I was so upset I just started crying in the waiting area and saying I never want to see Jerry Chan ever again. I told them I'd rather leave. Then they assigned me a nice female doctor and I never saw Jerry Chan again and honestly, I never want to see him again. The doctor who operated on me was Dr Tan Heng Hao and I've heard he's one of the better ones at KKH. All the best!

Last edited:
Hi Squiddygie,

I delivered at KKH in 2015. Jerry Chan was my doctor, my original doctor left KKH for other prospects and I was assigned to Jerry Chan. I opted for natural delivery but he did not order a bacteria test for me (I guess you can say it's dependent on the doctor's practice) but during my delivery, the doctor on duty asked for my test results and I could only stare at her blankly and say that I didn't do any such test. She muttered something and hastily walked away. Can you imagine, I was lying on the delivery bed in pain and what went through my mind when she asked me that question #%*^#%. Obviously it's too late to do any test now - Strike 1. My baby was overdue and one day I woke up and didn't really feel well (call it maternal instincts), I checked myself in and the doctor on duty asked me to go for a scan. Turns out my amniotic fluid had become too low and I had to be induced right away! My other girl friends shared that when they are overdue, their gyneas always monitor their fluid level, and also increased the checkup frequencies. Jerry Chan just scheduled me for delivery two weeks from my last visit and no more follow up, imagine if I didn't check myself in? - Strike 2. Because my delivery was unscheduled, Jerry Chan happened to be on leave - on hindsight I actually thanked my lucky stars cus in the end I had to undergo emergency c-section (pls dun go KKH if u can help it, the post-delivery service was great but the delivery service sucks but that's another story), can't imagine if he had to operate on me cus at that point I had already totally lost confidence in him. After I delivered, he did not even once visit me at the ward - Strike 3. Even my nurse said she was disappointed at the lack of follow up. I was quite upset over all this, especially since it's my first baby. For the follow up checks after my delivery, I requested to change doctor. The head nurse tried to convince me but I was so upset I just started crying in the waiting area and saying I never want to see Jerry Chan ever again. I told them I'd rather leave. Then they assigned me a nice female doctor and I never saw Jerry Chan again and honestly, I never want to see him again. The doctor who operated on me was Dr Tan Heng Hao and I've heard he's one of the better ones at KKH. All the best!

Thanks for sharing your experience. From what I've read, it must have been traumatic for you. I hope you are feeling better from the episode, I'm also relooking my options. Thank you for sharing. Appreciate it.

Hi, I would like to share my positive experience with you on Dr Jerry Chan. I have been seeing him since mid of 2016 and have always found him friendly, warm and encouraging. My case was not a straightforward one but he was outstanding and supportive throughout the whole process. He is also one of the few Doctors in Singapore who is pro-natural birth by delivery. I appreciate Dr Chan's laid back attitude as it helped me relax. This allowed me to enjoy my pregnancy in the process. I disagree that he was impersonal. He always encouraged patients to email him for info if needed or should something urgent comes up.
His wait at private clinic can be long as he is a busy doctor covering different areas. He also travels for conferences which means he is not always in the country but we would often be told in advance - I can assure you his service and skills make it all worthwhile.
I had a stress-free delivery some weeks ago, thanks to his calm approach and amazing skills. I recovered quickly, allowing me to fully enjoy my new baby. The heart he puts into his job did not go unnoticed by us. I highly recommend Dr Chan. Good luck with your ivf treatment!

Last edited:
Hi, I would like to provide my positive comment on dr Jerry chan as well. He is a man of few words, he may not sound assuring as he is a man of stats and probability which may be a turn off but well it is the truth, he is telling us what is the probability of an outcome when I relate a concern. It is really a different way of conversing but he has superb skill. My twins are delivered via c-sec in 2014 by dr Jerry Chan, and when I got pregnant in 2016, I went to see another doc at Gleneagles and this doc asked who did my stitches as it was very well done, at the right angle and excellent stitch work just like his own work. It is from there I realise dr Jerry chan is skilful, my c sec wound is barely visible now. I eventually switched back to dr Jerry chan as I don’t like this doc from Gleneagles, dr Jerry chan delivered my Singleton vbac. Excellent recovery. He didn’t do the vaginal test for me as well and when the nurse asked me during my labour pain, I put trust in dr Jerry chan and nothing happened to me and my baby. I know selecting doc is very individual but I will def go back to dr Jerry chan for his skills.

Hi @aspsue24 and @DBluMarine, appreciate for your explanation. I had completed my successful ivf with Dr Jerry Chan, and now I’ll be continue seeing him bcos I’m 6weeks pregnant now. My first review with him was on 3rd Jan bcos I’m too excited didn’t asked much, even forgotten to ask if any supplement I can take for my pregnancy.

Is it possible to share his email with me. So I can at least email him bcos My appt another 6weeks and this is also my first pregnancy experience, thanks both in advance.

Congratulations @pandaimoet ! Exciting news indeed. Good luck with your pregnancy. Here is Dr Chan’s email: [email protected]
He’s usually prompt in his responses! All the best.

Hi @aspsue24 and @DBluMarine, appreciate for your explanation. I had completed my successful ivf with Dr Jerry Chan, and now I’ll be continue seeing him bcos I’m 6weeks pregnant now. My first review with him was on 3rd Jan bcos I’m too excited didn’t asked much, even forgotten to ask if any supplement I can take for my pregnancy.

Is it possible to share his email with me. So I can at least email him bcos My appt another 6weeks and this is also my first pregnancy experience, thanks both in advance.
Congratulations

Hi, How many rounds of of needed to achieve pregnancy. As I am new to ivf and I was scheduled to see Dr Jerry in November.

Back