IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi sister , can share how you prepare for FET in 1 mth time ?
Keep preparing for lining to be thick at least 8mm as thats what they are more focus on.More protein diet. Egg white chicken fish red bean soup.warm stuff.no cold drinks.continue vitamins folic acid and suplements.

Hello sisters, can I ask when do we start taking prognova for FET? Side effects like headaches are common?
If u are under kkh....when you call them to report for 1st day full flow menses kkivf nurse will inform u on when to take the progynova and when to come down for 1st lining scan check and signing of many documents..husband need to be present on 1st scan day..

If u are under kkh....when you call them to report for 1st day full flow menses kkivf nurse will inform u on when to take the progynova and when to come down for 1st lining scan check and signing of many documents..husband need to be present on 1st scan day..
The day we start prognova differs from individuals? Will call KKH when menses is here just want to have a gauge.

Hi sisters,
Seek for some advices. Going for FET in July . Now confusing that if I need to go for hysteroscopy or not , bcos when I consult Dr yeong , he gave me 2 options , 1 is endoscratch , the other one is hysteroscopy , but when I consult the TCM Dr today , she advise that can do together at the same time. Initially I just intend to do endoscratch deh as I have done HSG last year and nothing found. Just wonder is this necessary go for for hysteroscopy or not before FET ? Dr yeong leave it to me to make decision lor.

The day we start prognova differs from individuals? Will call KKH when menses is here just want to have a gauge.
Unsure abt that.all i knw they will do the calculation for you once you call to report for your 1st day full flow menses..mine start to take 4days after menses.

Hi sisters,
Seek for some advices. Going for FET in July . Now confusing that if I need to go for hysteroscopy or not , bcos when I consult Dr yeong , he gave me 2 options , 1 is endoscratch , the other one is hysteroscopy , but when I consult the TCM Dr today , she advise that can do together at the same time. Initially I just intend to do endoscratch deh as I have done HSG last year and nothing found. Just wonder is this necessary go for for hysteroscopy or not before FET ? Dr yeong leave it to me to make decision lor.
if u want to do hysteroscopy,endoscratch can be done same time.bcoz when they put camera to check your womb which is hysteroscopy they can just scrap your womb lining together.and its under GA.
If you just want endoscratch you are awake and they just use thin catheter to scrap your lining sort of to release some hormone for better implantation.
Usualy government dr propose scope if they think a need to check ur inside,make sure its all well before any ivf.for scratch they seldom mention at all.bcoz its not proven tho.some may bpf or bfn on it.
All this procedures basically a thing to reassure us to do the maximal for our miracle to happen.
All the best to you and us all..

if u want to do hysteroscopy,endoscratch can be done same time.bcoz when they put camera to check your womb which is hysteroscopy they can just scrap your womb lining together.and its under GA.
If you just want endoscratch you are awake and they just use thin catheter to scrap your lining sort of to release some hormone for better implantation.
Usualy government dr propose scope if they think a need to check ur inside,make sure its all well before any ivf.for scratch they seldom mention at all.bcoz its not proven tho.some may bpf or bfn on it.
All this procedures basically a thing to reassure us to do the maximal for our miracle to happen.
Ya , you are right , we just want to max the chance to get pregnancy. I am thinking of it. Any sister know the proce of this 2 procedures in pte hospital? Can use Medisave ? Last yr I can use $300 medisave to do HSG in KK

My hysteroscopy wasn't done under GA, was wide awake

Can't remember if I've asked before, what are the specific blood test they checked for autoimmune issues?

My fren did autoimmune test with dr Loh before. He mentioned autoimmune can be tonnes of stuff n if u want to do blood test he will select a few that he feel is necessary. Probably the test not as comprehensive as dr vasoo as he pick the impt ones only. I seen dr vasoo before n she ordered a List of blood test total about 2k. My jaw dropped n I never went back. Anyway I have no issue with dr Loh n I respect him a lot. I find him a very good n responsible dr.

Hi sisters,

If u want to check the inside of your womb to make sure everything is clean, hysteroscopy is better. Hsg is just very basic n to check for block tubes n not able to see as clearly as hysteroscopy. N yes hysteroscopy can do endo scratch. If your ins can claim then do hysterscopy. If cannot then u think twice because a procedure can cost 6k.

If u want to check the inside of your womb to make sure everything is clean, hysteroscopy is better. Hsg is just very basic n to check for block tubes n not able to see as clearly as hysteroscopy. N yes hysteroscopy can do endo scratch. If your ins can claim then do hysterscopy. If cannot then u think twice because a procedure can cost 6k.

Wah 6k done at where? Is it included removal of polyps/ fibroids?

I remember doing at nuh for $2-300. Can't Rem if can claim Medisave

Feeling sad today. Despite 19 high no of eggs collected, the fertilization rate of the eggs are pretty bad. Only left 2. So I did embryo transfer today.
Hi Solitairebride, don't b sad. Mine-collected 10, only 5 fertilized but on ET date, only 3 left. Transferred 2. I was disappointed too. But miracle do happened, I got pregnant&Jz delivered last month. Gd luck to u!

Last edited:
So expensive? I tot it is a simple procedures only. Back in 2013, I have done a laparoscope
And cost me 5k plus. I never expect so expensive for hysterscopy.

Waiting to do FET this month, didn't transfer in my last fresh cycle because of high progesterone. There's no harm trying if you failed a cycle before :)
Can I ask, why transfer cannot proceed with high progesterone? U did a test on progesterone levels before transfer? What indicator is considered high progesterone?

Can I ask, why transfer cannot proceed with high progesterone? U did a test on progesterone levels before transfer? What indicator is considered high progesterone?

There is a blood test before egg retrieval to test for progesterone. High progesterone is above 5.0, studies have shown that high progesterone may prevent implantation. So doc will recommend to freeze the embryos for FET after a few cycles when progesterone drops to normal level.

Already check with Dr yeong clinic, the hysteroscopy cost around 7-8 k, procedure round 45min ,need to rest 5-6 hours after that , any sister have gone through this procedure before ? Can claim insurance or not ?

Hi finesse9702.. I removed multiple fibroids last month through laparoscopy. Did hysteroscopy at the same time and removed some polyps which was never detected on scans. Can reach out to me if you have any specific queries.
Hi sister , I want to understand more on how hysteroscopy? You did it under the high DR ? Able to claim insurance?

Hi sister , I want to understand more on how hysteroscopy? You did it under the high DR ? Able to claim insurance?

Hi there! Depends on why are you doing hysteroscopy.. routine one is not under GA.. i did it last year at NUH and it was only ard $300-400 and was completed in 10 mins.. That was just to see if there are any polyps or fibroids impinging on my cavity..

My laparoscopy and hysteroscopy this year was to remove multiple fibroids and polyps. That was under GA..I claimed insurance for the whole procedure. But you have to make sure the doctor states the procedure was done for fibroids/ polyps or endo or whatever is it he suspects.. cos if they mention infertility then you will not be able to claim insurance..

Hysteroscopy is a very simple procedure.. you will be discharged the same day unless you have any discomfort from GA.. i stayed overnight cos of laparo.. recovery is also much quicker than laparo since you dont have any external stitches..

Hope that helps!

Hi there! Depends on why are you doing hysteroscopy.. routine one is not under GA.. i did it last year at NUH and it was only ard $300-400 and was completed in 10 mins.. That was just to see if there are any polyps or fibroids impinging on my cavity..

My laparoscopy and hysteroscopy this year was to remove multiple fibroids and polyps. That was under GA..I claimed insurance for the whole procedure. But you have to make sure the doctor states the procedure was done for fibroids/ polyps or endo or whatever is it he suspects.. cos if they mention infertility then you will not be able to claim insurance..

Hysteroscopy is a very simple procedure.. you will be discharged the same day unless you have any discomfort from GA.. i stayed overnight cos of laparo.. recovery is also much quicker than laparo since you dont have any external stitches..

Hope that helps!
I have done laparoscopy in 2013, a few years later , Dr ask if I want to do hysteroscopy to make to clean the uterus. Hi sister , you under which Dr for your hysteroscopy? You did hysteroscopy and laparoscopy at the same time ? Can request stay for overnight for hysteroscopy as need to take 5-6 hrs to to rest and observe lor.what if nothing to remove and the uterus is clean , then I have to make full payment myself ? I think Dr recommend the one under GA one, bcos the nurse told me 7-8K

I have done laparoscopy in 2013, a few years later , Dr ask if I want to do hysteroscopy to make to clean the uterus. Hi sister , you under which Dr for your hysteroscopy? You did hysteroscopy and laparoscopy at the same time ? Can request stay for overnight for hysteroscopy as need to take 5-6 hrs to to rest and observe lor.what if nothing to remove and the uterus is clean , then I have to make full payment myself ? I think Dr recommend the one under GA one, bcos the nurse told me 7-8K

I did it with sf loh.. yes i did both at the same time..yours is mostly a diagnostic hysteroscopy and so so if they find any polyps or growth.. they will remove that during the same procedure as you are already under GA. On insurance, i would suggest speak to the clinic and ask them to guide you...ask them specifically how previous patients have paid via insurance. For me since it was fibroids.. insurance didnt ask any question..

Already check with Dr yeong clinic, the hysteroscopy cost around 7-8 k, procedure round 45min ,need to rest 5-6 hours after that , any sister have gone through this procedure before ? Can claim insurance or not ?
Mine was day surgery under GA.done at kkh twice.all because of asherman syndrome.my womb needs to clean our scar tissues before starting my ivf.thats the reason dr suggest my need for hysteroscopy...cost abt 2-3k.cant rmb anytin abt claimin insurance tho...

I did it with sf loh.. yes i did both at the same time..yours is mostly a diagnostic hysteroscopy and so so if they find any polyps or growth.. they will remove that during the same procedure as you are already under GA. On insurance, i would suggest speak to the clinic and ask them to guide you...ask them specifically how previous patients have paid via insurance. For me since it was fibroids.. insurance didnt ask any question..
Hi sister , thank you for your info. I am considering about it

Mine was day surgery under GA.done at kkh twice.all because of asherman syndrome.my womb needs to clean our scar tissues before starting my ivf.thats the reason dr suggest my need for hysteroscopy...cost abt 2-3k.cant rmb anytin abt claimin insurance tho...
Woww the cost so much difference ay? !

Wah 6k done at where? Is it included removal of polyps/ fibroids?

I remember doing at nuh for $2-300. Can't Rem if can claim Medisave

At Thomson medical. Yes I removed a small fibroid. It's a day surgery n not the usual put camera in just to check. Dr clean up the inside at the same time.

A fren once told me our womb 30 over yrs never clean inside sure messy. Take this chance to service it. Haha.

At Thomson medical. Yes I removed a small fibroid. It's a day surgery n not the usual put camera in just to check. Dr clean up the inside at the same time.

A fren once told me our womb 30 over yrs never clean inside sure messy. Take this chance to service it. Haha.

How do they 'clean up' the womb?

Hi, am new to the forum. Just did my first iui yesterday. Chanced upon this forum. Hope to learn more about 2ww and what to expect in coming days as well as get to know people going through the same experience as me. Anyone has advice on any do's or don't? Thanks.

Thank you all
Today is end of my 2ww.Im with Dr.Roland,he did the transfer at virtus.My Hsg is 1900+

I never took any other supplements or any other herbs,I didn't do accupuncture.I followed his medicine and his instructions completely.even I asked him do I need to take any supplements he said only folic acid .and I took rest only on the day of transfer as well as on the day of ER after that I was going to work.I was told that walking helps to increase blood supply to uterus .but everything is depends on ur condition.i suggests don't take any medicine which is not given by ur dr.some medicine or herbs will do negative effects when it works along with stim.pls follow ur drs instruction.I asked dr do I need to do acupuncture,he said no need .
I heard eating pineapple will cause contractions.and soy products,papaya are not good. I have avoided all these,quit caffeine and cold drinks
maybe contractions help to implants the embryo. hehe. read that the center core of the pineapple contains bromelain which aids in implantation.if want to earn only can eat first 3 - 5 days. maybe only those more than 8mm lining then can eat
http://www.fertilityafter40.com/doe...-help-with-implantation-during-pregnancy.html

Last edited:

I did before last oct at KKH with dr Tan HH. Was 2k plus. 30 Min procedure under GA. claimed insurance which returned to my Medisave acct. didn't realise private hospital charged so high. I removed fibroids and polyps in the womb. Hope this helps!

hi everyone.
yesterday, was confirmed our 4th mc under ivf with thh. of course feeling very sad, but this time we were already expecting this outcome for a month as the fetal growth was very slow.
on Saturday I will insert medication to induce mc and start a mini confinement.
I mainly want to ask for advise on what ideas we can do next as we (and I strongly suspect thh also) are at wits end. our history is as follows:
- low sperm count, not suitable for iui
- slight pcos with irregular ovulation
- ivf with thh in kkh history: 3 fresh, 2 fet. bfp 4 times - 1 ectopic, 1 blighted ovum, 1 no heartbeat, and last one with slow growth
- usually ER about 12-16 eggs but after culture to blast, usually left with only 1 - 2 blasts
- done chromosome test, immunology tests - no issues
- tcm with tsb for 2 years

hoping anyone with some suggestions, advise, could help. thanks and jiayou to everyone.

Hi Mich, sorry to hear about your loss. I had a Friend who Bfp under her 5th Ivf (2 fresh 3 FET) with dr sf Loh. she was bleeding daily even a few days before BT but was surprised it was bfp (implanted on blood vessel) and with close monitoring and progesterone support she managed to sustain. Then by 3rd mth as dr Loh wait time per visit is really Long, she switched to pte Gynae Chris Chong fr Gleneagles who monitored her v closely as he's v experienced Gynae. Managed to give birth healthy baby n 2 yrs later conceived naturally just when she wanted to restart Ivf.
Suggest perhaps try to get support n closer monitoring once u bfp as pte docs can provide the time and attention that KKH can't give and costs still manageable and reasonable per visit. I've seen him before for prog support jab during my 2nd fresh cycle. Though I didn't succeed too but find him a nice friendly v experienced doc. He gave me some drugs to try naturally afterwards..still haven't succeeded! But I do Thk if I succeed I will go to him as my Gynae as he has also handled many complicated cases before.

Let's continue to jiayou and hope u recover asap!

Hi Mich, sorry to hear about your loss. I had a Friend who Bfp under her 5th Ivf (2 fresh 3 FET) with dr sf Loh. she was bleeding daily even a few days before BT but was surprised it was bfp (implanted on blood vessel) and with close monitoring and progesterone support she managed to sustain. Then by 3rd mth as dr Loh wait time per visit is really Long, she switched to pte Gynae Chris Chong fr Gleneagles who monitored her v closely as he's v experienced Gynae. Managed to give birth healthy baby n 2 yrs later conceived naturally just when she wanted to restart Ivf.
Suggest perhaps try to get support n closer monitoring once u bfp as pte docs can provide the time and attention that KKH can't give and costs still manageable and reasonable per visit. I've seen him before for prog support jab during my 2nd fresh cycle. Though I didn't succeed too but find him a nice friendly v experienced doc. He gave me some drugs to try naturally afterwards..still haven't succeeded! But I do Thk if I succeed I will go to him as my Gynae as he has also handled many complicated cases before.

Let's continue to jiayou and hope u recover asap!
can we get progesterone jab outside kk before bt?

I did before last oct at KKH with dr Tan HH. Was 2k plus. 30 Min procedure under GA. claimed insurance which returned to my Medisave acct. didn't realise private hospital charged so high. I removed fibroids and polyps in the womb. Hope this helps!
Thank you for your reply, I updated me the cost is around 4K

Hi Everyone,

I have been a silent reader for quite sometime.

I have very low AMH, 0.8 and I had 2 fresh cycle under Dr Tan HH. Failed my 2nd fresh in Apr this year.

First cycle:
Retrieved 13 follicles, 3 fertilised, Transfer 2 at Day 3, freeze 1

Second cycle:
Retrieved 12 follicles, 2 fertilised, Transfer 2 at Day 2

Both cycle i did not experience implantation at all and my menses came 2-3 days before my BT. I seriously dont know what is wrong with me, my womb, my body...

These are the things that i am doing as i read that it helps:
- acupuncture
- eat prenatal vitamins
- eat CoQ10 Ubiquinol

Would like to get some advice from anyone who has heard or is in same situation as me :(

Hi Everyone,

I have very low AMH, 0.8 and I had 2 fresh cycle under Dr Tan HH. Failed my 2nd fresh in Apr this year.

First cycle:

Second cycle:

Both cycle i did not experience implantation at all and my menses came 2-3 days before my BT. I seriously dont know what is wrong with me, my womb, my body...

- acupuncture
- eat prenatal vitamins
- eat CoQ10 Ubiquinol

Would like to get some advice from anyone who has heard or is in same situation as me :(

Hi winterx, pretty similar here. Failed 1 iui, 2 fresh (also with dr Tan at kk) and left with 1 frozen embryo from 1st fresh.
1st fresh (gonal f 150): retrieved 10, 6 fertilised, 4 Embryos, transferred 2 D2, 1 made to blast, 1 discarded.
2nd fresh (menopur 75): retrieved 6, 4 ferTilised, 2 transferred at D2, the other 2 Not gd and discarded.

Amh no issue at 4.6 but hubby Low count n poor morphology.

Also changed diet, go for acu regularly once a week or sometimes once Every 2 weeks, eat prenatal vit and Ubiquinol.

I failed last July and last dec. been taking a break since. Might b transferring last embryo out fr KKH n going to FET with private Ivf doc soon.

Let's all jiayou together!!

Hi Everyone,

First cycle:

Second cycle:

- acupuncture
- eat prenatal vitamins
- eat CoQ10 Ubiquinol

Also at a loss of what to do except try again since there are many others here who have tried many more times too....

Think diet plays a part to improve egg quality so read abt what to eat.

If u have lining issues, drink Longan red date tea daily and eat Brazil nuts/walnuts/egg whites to get selenium.

All general advice since I also dunno why nothing implants on my seemingly perfect triple lining each round. Im also thinking of seeing endocrine specialist as some sisters here suggested to just run tests on organs producing hormones as I suspect I don't ovulate regularly (perhaps due to stress as no issues With drug aid during Ivf cycles).

Back