2017 IVF mummies

Hi anyone having serious ms and any remedy to overcome ?

Hi, just want to share in case you are experiencing the same symptoms as I do. I thought my nausea and vomiting was morning sickness. I took ondansentron pill which was prescribed by the gynae but did not help (two hours later I still threw up).

Turned out my nausea and vomiting were due to gastritis. Gynae had me take gaviscon 3x a day for 2 weeks, it was a life saver! My gastritis symptoms were frequent burping, discomfort at upper abdomen and throwing up white stomach acid.

Hi, just want to share in case you are experiencing the same symptoms as I do. I thought my nausea and vomiting was morning sickness. I took ondansentron pill which was prescribed by the gynae but did not help (two hours later I still threw up).

Turned out my nausea and vomiting were due to gastritis. Gynae had me take gaviscon 3x a day for 2 weeks, it was a life saver! My gastritis symptoms were frequent burping, discomfort at upper abdomen and throwing up white stomach acid.
Ohhhh i oso throwing up white stomach acid... do u have heartburn too?

Hi, I'm not actually sure what is the feeling of heartburn. I just feel discomfort at the upper abdomen, where the stomach is located, and when you press that area the nausea feeling gets stronger... Maybe that's heartburn cos after the gaviscon feels soothing and the area feels cooler..

Hi, I'm not actually sure what is the feeling of heartburn. I just feel discomfort at the upper abdomen, where the stomach is located, and when you press that area the nausea feeling gets stronger... Maybe that's heartburn cos after the gaviscon feels soothing and the area feels cooler..
Argh... thanks ! I will try gavison too.. mine is also discomfort at upper abdomen(pulling kind)

Hi ladies. I just tested positive yesterday. This came after a week of scare as I experienced intermittent spotting before BT and thought was a gone case again. Beta was 219 at 13dp3dt. Is this healthy? Not sure how many weeks now, told to scan on 6 jun - this is about two days earlier as gynae is going away. Between now and then, I do not have further blood test to Monitor hcg rise. Is this normal?
I have blighted ovum previously, praying hard this pregnancy will be viable.

Hi ladies. I just tested positive yesterday. This came after a week of scare as I experienced intermittent spotting before BT and thought was a gone case again. Beta was 219 at 13dp3dt. Is this healthy? Not sure how many weeks now, told to scan on 6 jun - this is about two days earlier as gynae is going away. Between now and then, I do not have further blood test to Monitor hcg rise. Is this normal?

Kk82,
A beta of 219 shows that u are pregnant. Dont worry about blighted ovum as its beyond ur control. Meanwhile stay positive and try to rest more and did u request ur clinic to provide more supports to address to ur intermittent spotting issues ?

My detail scan showed baby with bigger abdominal circumference n dr want me to take glucose test to check if it's GD. If I remember correctly it was around week 23. So I was diagnosis with GD very early. I was given a chart n prick finger once a day to check level.

Bunny33,
For one day prick test u will usually do it at the beginning or end of the day ? I did a 6-7days prick test previously and was not a pleasant experience at all.

Kk82,
A beta of 219 shows that u are pregnant. Dont worry about blighted ovum as its beyond ur control. Meanwhile stay positive and try to rest more and did u request ur clinic to provide more supports to address to ur intermittent spotting issues ?

Thanks sister. Yah, I took a progesterone jab and repeated intralipid yesterday. Also added duphaston besides utrogestran. The spotting has stopped for now.

Great! When are you due? I'm actually still early to consider a twin mummy-to-be as my last scan yesterday (less than 6 weeks) only showed sacs and no hb yet.

I experienced intermittent spotting for the first time yesterday and dr attributed it to abrasion of crinone discharge.

Which gynae are you with btw?

Bunny33,
For one day prick test u will usually do it at the beginning or end of the day ? I did a 6-7days prick test previously and was not a pleasant experience at all.

I was told to prick 2 hr after meal to check my levels once a day. It doesn't matter which meal. My dr was not so strict on this. He told me as long as don't eat sugary stuff n if prick test maintain within level I am fine. But it's kind of an obsession for me so I tend to prick on every meal just to check.

Great! When are you due? I'm actually still early to consider a twin mummy-to-be as my last scan yesterday (less than 6 weeks) only showed sacs and no hb yet.

I experienced intermittent spotting for the first time yesterday and dr attributed it to abrasion of crinone discharge.

Which gynae are you with btw?

My edd is 15 July but schedule csect 24 June...
I m w dr Eunice Chua now

Mine is identical twins

Hi ladies, I just stepped into 2nd trimester this week. Thought it will be more stable now, as my MS and migraine are starting to subside. But noticed spotting again last sat, have to bed rest again. I am put on duphaston again.It seems like the protocol to be on duphaston when I have spotting. This is the third time already...and it is always unknown when I asked why spotting occurs.

Is there no test to be done to find the cause?

Hi ladies, I just stepped into 2nd trimester this week. Thought it will be more stable now, as my MS and migraine are starting to subside. But noticed spotting again last sat, have to bed rest again. I am put on duphaston again.It seems like the protocol to be on duphaston when I have spotting. This is the third time already...and it is always unknown when I asked why spotting occurs.

Can I ask
For your first tri, u were put on duphaston for How long

There is no test but an indication for u to rest more n less walking. U can also request for jab to prevent spotting.

There is no test but an indication for u to rest more n less walking. U can also request for jab to prevent spotting.

I quit my job after my second miscarriage, so this round I am practically 90% bed rest. The second spotting, doc did gave me a jab. Still, came on the third and fourth spotting. Though they say reason unknown but scans show baby is doing fine, so I dont have to worry. But due to past miscarriages, spotting is still very alarming for me.

Anyone still on Duphaston and needs them? I have leftover and dont mind passing them to you. Collection to be at Punggol/Along NE lines after work hours. Other locations to be discussed at my convenience. First come first serve, please PM me. thanks!

Hi kk82. How's the scan?
I am somewhat like you. Did my blood test on 1Jun and had a Beta of 321. On pregnancy support medicines and injections now. Also do not have any blood test scheduled further to track the rising of HCG. Made me pretty worried if it will be an empty Sac and so on. My scan is only scheduled next Friday and this is pretty as bad wait as the tww.

Does 321 beta rules out chemistry pregnancy? Thus my only worried should just be either ectopic or empty sac? How does empty sac happens? Embryo did not develop further? Ectopic usually will have symptoms? this is really nerve whrecking... :(

Hi kk82. How's the scan?
I am somewhat like you. Did my blood test on 1Jun and had a Beta of 321. On pregnancy support medicines and injections now. Also do not have any blood test scheduled further to track the rising of HCG. Made me pretty worried if it will be an empty Sac and so on. My scan is only scheduled next Friday and this is pretty as bad wait as the tww.

Does 321 beta rules out chemistry pregnancy? Thus my only worried should just be either ectopic or empty sac? How does empty sac happens? Embryo did not develop further? Ectopic usually will have symptoms? this is really nerve whrecking... :(

Hi sister. Thankfully it went fine (for now). Could hear the heartbeat at 6w. But as I had slight brownish discharge every 4-5 days for the past two weeks, I am now prescribed with twice weekly progesterone jab and I'm consuming oral medicine too. On extended HL too.
I'm not sure about chemical or ectopic as I have not experienced before, for my blighted ovum previously, HCG was really low at 79. Your HCG seems normal/ healthy. Try not to worry and rest more though I also find this tough. Ha.
Now, onward to my next scan at week 8. Continuing to pray hard.

any supplements u take for BFP and do you bed rest for success?
I had many rounds of clomid/IUI/IVF from 2013 actually ... started being very careful etc but was always BFN

This time round I was determined to be as normal as possible, went out a lot to meet different pp for lunches, continued my desserts (but ice cream i ate less than usual la :p) I remember my last FET, my friends commented I looked depressed because I missed my chocolates :(

I'm usually very active (4 days of workout on average per week), so about 2 months ago I started cutting down my workouts to be twice a week, and reduced intensity also. Then during 2ww, I continued to walk every day, then will climb stairs when I come across them. Until towards the last few days of 2ww I was cramping whenever I climbed, so I stopped.

Supplements I only continued with Conceive Well. I used to take this and that, and gave up in all of them.

I had many rounds of clomid/IUI/IVF from 2013 actually ... started being very careful etc but was always BFN

This time round I was determined to be as normal as possible, went out a lot to meet different pp for lunches, continued my desserts (but ice cream i ate less than usual la :p) I remember my last FET, my friends commented I looked depressed because I missed my chocolates :(

I'm usually very active (4 days of workout on average per week), so about 2 months ago I started cutting down my workouts to be twice a week, and reduced intensity also. Then during 2ww, I continued to walk every day, then will climb stairs when I come across them. Until towards the last few days of 2ww I was cramping whenever I climbed, so I stopped.

Supplements I only continued with Conceive Well. I used to take this and that, and gave up in all of them.

May I know why we cannot take chocolate?

http://americanpregnancy.org/pregnancy-health/caffeine-during-pregnancy/

Can take a look at the article above.

One of the first things my doc told me to adjust when he met me on day of BT, was to cut down coffee/tea intake to max one cup per day.

Caffeine is found in chocolates also. And I'm quite a heavy chocolate eater :x and there's of course the sugar that comes along with them.

I see. Thanks!

I am taking a cup of tea every morning, after much bargaining with my tcm. I will have migraine if I skip my tea, moreover I cannot take my regular painkiller now, so have to reduce the migraine attack as much as possible.

I actually took a couple of mini chocolate (mini mars, snicker etc) everyday during first trimester. Its a sudden craving suddenly. Luckily have stopped now.

I see. Thanks!

I am taking a cup of tea every morning, after much bargaining with my tcm. I will have migraine if I skip my tea, moreover I cannot take my regular painkiller now, so have to reduce the migraine attack as much as possible.

I actually took a couple of mini chocolate (mini mars, snicker etc) everyday during first trimester. Its a sudden craving suddenly. Luckily have stopped now.

Hope ur migraine attacks are better now! A bit is ok la :) Must stay happy!

I took 1 chocolate and the next day my menses came 1 week before the blood test. I'm not sure is the chocolate causing it or not.

I don't think it should? Cos it should be a cumulative effect.

I cut down a bit but I'm taking like 2 pieces a day, or one truffle size. Used to have more plus all the cakes. But I don't take coffee, tea or soft drinks...

Don't worry too much ok

I love chocolate. Went google. Eat in moderation is ok. Limit for Caffeine is 200mg/day. 10 kisses only 20mg caffeine.

https://www.babycenter.com/404_is-it-safe-to-eat-a-lot-of-chocolate-during-pregnancy_1245156.bc

Yup.. always in moderation :)

But keep in mind dark chocolate can have up to double the amount of caffeine than milk chocolate, due to the amount of cocoa.

And also the sugar that comes with most of these products.

Anyway the topic of chocolates came up because someone asked me if I've done anything differently. So my point was I did not control as much as I did in previous tries.

I don't think it should? Cos it should be a cumulative effect.

I cut down a bit but I'm taking like 2 pieces a day, or one truffle size. Used to have more plus all the cakes. But I don't take coffee, tea or soft drinks...

Don't worry too much ok
i think dark chocolate is better. i eat kit kat that day

Yup.. always in moderation :)

But keep in mind dark chocolate can have up to double the amount of caffeine than milk chocolate, due to the amount of cocoa.

And also the sugar that comes with most of these products.

Anyway the topic of chocolates came up because someone asked me if I've done anything differently. So my point was I did not control as much as I did in previous tries.
i read many cases seem like wont expect one became bfp. my tcm told me not to be too tense. maybe this is what she mean

Princessleopard,
Sorry to hear all the stress u are going through.
I had been combating multiple spotting and bleeding episodes since dpt8 and had been hospitalized for bleeding during wk7.

My gynea saw that i had hematoma which was why i was spotting & bleeding spontaneously
Did ur dr scanned to make sure that ur uterine cavity is cleared from any of these clots ?

Back