Dr Tan Sze Yeun KKH

I just did with her unknowingly.. as my dr is suppose to be Dr Sadhana. On my egg pick up day then i met her.

Hmm 1st impression no good. On my ER i was laying on the bed at operating theatre for 20min. The nurses running in n out making call to find her.
2nd time is 2 days after ER to to ET but she suggest to blast it. So we waited another 3 days. Then ET date was ok. She dun allow 2 blast embryos to transfer so we only had 1.

I have done 2 ivf cycles with her. Unfortunately both was a negative:(
I wudnt say she isnt good or otherwise..

I'm not blaming her or watsnot but seem like KKH doesnt seem to check the "history" of the patient before giving "advise" on wat to do next. They seem to give "general" advise.

Both my cycle I have about 20 eggs retrieved.. had afew gd ones blast.
On my 1st cycle, after blast and all only 1 egg were Transferred. The rest are not usable.
So on my 2nd cycle, we took the best 2 eggs and transferred. (The rest didnt make it either- according to Dr Tan its either my Lining/womb prob or hub sperm got some genetic prob. Dont really hv any ans to why both cycle fails.)
Right after the 2nd transfer was done..while stil on the "operating chair" Dr Tan mentioned that if this 2nd cycle didnt work maybe they will do the "scratch" technic FOR NEXT CYCLE.

Went home research bout the scratch thingy n got upset. Why didnt Dr Tan told us abt it BEFORE the procedure?
If the "scratch" may help the egg to "stick" betta..y wasnt we inform of such possible procedure? I got upset becoz Dr Tan KNOWS tat I DO NOT hv anymore eggs left! Which means I have to RE-DO my 3rd Fresh cycle ALL OVER AGAIN to retrieve eggs. (And by 3rd-means its the LAST cycle for co-fund/medisave subsidies. If this fail again means we hv to fork out $$ to do IVF:()

Anyways, when we met Dr Tan again after knowing its a negative. i asked regarding the scratch thing..on possible reasons to y we werent introduce to such procedure. she said tat research doesnt "prove" that scratch WILL make it a positive. Theres pple who did scratching n still fail.

So maybe you can research more on the IVF procedure online.
I guess its gd to at least know all options available.

Sorry for the long rant. :confused: Well..BUt I have to say this is all depends on "Luck" too..
I wish you the best!

Hmm 1st impression no good. On my ER i was laying on the bed at operating theatre for 20min. The nurses running in n out making call to find her.
2nd time is 2 days after ER to to ET but she suggest to blast it. So we waited another 3 days. Then ET date was ok. She dun allow 2 blast embryos to transfer so we only had 1.
Hi Hopesz , So r u under your 2ww?

Hi Hopesz , So r u under your 2ww?
Ya under 2ww till 13 dec. Sibei sian. And i really unhappy with kk just happily change my dr.
U didnt ask KKH? I don tink its right if they just changed ur Dr. w/o informing..

They told me change to jerry chan so i went to check his title still ok. Then when i am on the bed to do egg retrieval then i know she is my dr. I ask kk few times. They reply
Oh is it but dr sadhana arrange for it de.

They told me change to jerry chan so i went to check his title still ok. Then when i am on the bed to do egg retrieval then i know she is my dr. I ask kk few times. They reply
Oh is it but dr sadhana arrange for it de.
Wah like anyhow only KKH -_- .. Anyways I hope its gud news for u.. try not to stress too much.. i know its hard =(

Ya lo. Why u dun choose other dr? Since alr fail with her
I might transfer to NUH. Appt in Jan.. Already got all the referral documents from KKH.
But I still book appt w/ KKH (next available cycle only from Mar onwards)incase i don feel comfortable w/ NUH.
Plus KKH already know all my history medications..so i also confuse whether to stick to KKH or try NUH :confused:

Also decide to go do Fertility Acupuncture at TCM NUH. Actually the acupuncture tomorro.
Hope it helps somehow....

Did u select any dr with kkh or nuh??
My cousin went for the acupuncture and she only have 3 eggs and grade was no good. But she managed to have twins

I just hope mine would be smooth sailing. At the end of the day we all can only try. Sorry to hear about your experience...

Did u select any dr with kkh or nuh??
My cousin went for the acupuncture and she only have 3 eggs and grade was no good. But she managed to have twins
no i didnt select any specific Dr. for my IVF at KKH. Got Dr tan as my Dr..
The acupuncture yesterday at TCM Nuh..my physician was Dr Ho Wee Kok. Both me n hub consult him. Seems to know alot..Explain things quite in detail.. quite comfortable with him. He prescribe some powdered Medication for my hub and mine was just acupuncture for now. Acupuncture done for abt 45mins.. took the 6 sessions package... c how it goes...

She's my doc. Failed 2 iui though not done by her. Just failed my fresh cycle. Going for fet this month. Overall I feel she is quite nice and friendly.

I did thought of changing to thh but have to go through consultation again. Wait at Kkh is super long. If this cycle still fail I may consider changing doc

Just wanted to provide an update, I had 1 ivf (no transfer, all frozen) and 3 FETs with dr tan tse yeun, first transfer failed, 2nd chemical, 3rd miscarriage..I consider myself very lucky to be under subsidised and yet still have 1 specialized doc focusing on my case and amending my medicines with each failures..( after first failure we did scratching, after second failure we started on aspirin..)
I can't really blame her for me still not being pregnant..after all, I had positive hcg two out of 3 times so by right 66% success (above average) with implantation..
In this miscarriage (which sadly just happened yesterday) I must say that dr tan tse yeun and her nurse Doreen (if I never spell wrongly) really went above and beyond what's was expected from a subsidised patient...
I was 5 weeks pregnant with strong hcg, spotting and subsequently bleeding, frantic and visiting o&g daily since Wednesday..having different o&g docs review me to see what's wrong, and feeling really lost and alone...
on Thursday, after 4 different intra vaginal scans or inspections ( one really rough and painful) I went to clinic D and saw Dr Tan talking to a patient...I interrupted her and asked if I could get an urgent last min appointment and she directed me to Doreen, who managed to squeeze me a slot the very next day(Friday)...giving extra tips as well for me as a first time pregnant lady..
On Friday, both dr tan and Doreen were really comforting...dr tan reviewed my case and sent me for further tests as it seems like my gestational sac can no longer be seen...the results only came out in the late afternoon but dr tan closely monitored it and arranged for her colleague to see me at o&g...and yes..I was miscarrying.....
On Saturday morning, dr tan called me and patiently answered my subsequent questions and adviced on my next steps....all these whilst I'm still being a subsidised patient, only paying her consultation of $39 after discount on Friday...
Just want to mention that I may have miscarried, but I'm thankful for Dr Tan and Doreen and their advice and help...
husband and I are going to rest physically and emotionally for now, but subsequently I would still be going back to her for my last frozen embryo....

Last edited:
In my previous fresh cycle, she was the one assigned to transfer the embryo since dr sadhana was away. On the day of transfer, she first reviewed my file with me and hubby about our embryos. At that point, we have to decide whether we want to transfer on that day itself (day-2) or day-5 blastocyst (which is 3 days later). If day-2, it will be 2 embryos while at day-5, she would transfer only one embryo. When we asked if day-5 can transfer 2, she insisted a "no".

Day-5 is said to be a better chance of pregnancy but if only transfer 1 embryo, means you only have one chance. But if 2 embryos were transferred, we had higher chance should one make it...isn't it? It was a nerve-wrecking decision for us. I mean as our doctor, you should give us advise and we will have better judgement, but she just leave the decision totally up to us. And I was like dealing with hunger and cold and wanting to pee so badly....can you guys imagine?! I just can't think! I find her, in my case, not being helpful at all. However the transfer and all, she was pretty ok.

I went ahead single embryo transfer on day-5. Sadly it wasn't successful.

Reactions: ACB
In my previous fresh cycle, she was the one assigned to transfer the embryo since dr sadhana was away. On the day of transfer, she first reviewed my file with me and hubby about our embryos. At that point, we have to decide whether we want to transfer on that day itself (day-2) or day-5 blastocyst (which is 3 days later). If day-2, it will be 2 embryos while at day-5, she would transfer only one embryo. When we asked if day-5 can transfer 2, she insisted a "no".

Day-5 is said to be a better chance of pregnancy but if only transfer 1 embryo, means you only have one chance. But if 2 embryos were transferred, we had higher chance should one make it...isn't it? It was a nerve-wrecking decision for us. I mean as our doctor, you should give us advise and we will have better judgement, but she just leave the decision totally up to us. And I was like dealing with hunger and cold and wanting to pee so badly....can you guys imagine?! I just can't think! I find her, in my case, not being helpful at all. However the transfer and all, she was pretty ok.

I went ahead single embryo transfer on day-5. Sadly it wasn't successful.

Actually she can only give her opinions. Decision is still up to you. I believe she convey the risks of transferring 2 embryos to you. Kkh always suggest 1 for healthy pregnancy. It is their leaflet too

Actually she can only give her opinions. Decision is still up to you. I believe she convey the risks of transferring 2 embryos to you. Kkh always suggest 1 for healthy pregnancy. It is their leaflet too

Yep, based on my age and health, she always encourage me to make 1 blastocyst transfer only as she's worried that a blastocyst can split and I may end up carrying triplets..I appreciate that because it seems to me that she's more concerned on the potential of high risk pregnancy than increasing her success rates..

I appreciate her concern. Just that I wished she had been more helpful, that's all.

I see.. Actually for mine she gave us sufficient heads up for us to decide when I met her during the stimulation phase...and we always had her for follow ups so the communication was quite clear..
For mine she suggested freezing all embryos and skipping the fresh transfer as I was high risk of ohss..I was very reluctant to do so but after her advice, nurse advice and hubby's nagging, we agreed to go for the safer option...
I'm very anxious by nature and hate waiting...so at times I even complain on kkh survey asking y I need to wait so long between appointments...I think this whole infertility thing is training my patience.. hopefully I'll get to be a patient mommy one day..

Last edited:
Both continuous bfp? Seems like very few under her care. I was thinking of switching to dr tan hh if this cycle fail
Yea, 1st--failed, 2nd--chemical, 3rd--miscarriage..So yes, two continuous..for second and third one I did tcm and acupuncture at the same time..I think acupuncture does help..I've heard that tan hh have high success rates, good luck to u!

Back