October 2017 Mummies

My superior also chasing me to confirm my ML. Keep asking me to take 12 weeks will do, keep 4 weeks in case BB injection / sick...
Then i see the dates is actually want me back to work to cover during CNY 2018 period.. >_<
My hubby ask me to clear all 16 weeks..
Btw, i heard from a friend that Childcare leave will be entitled for year 2017 after u delivered & cant bring over to next year.
I have not verify with HR yet so mummies do check with your HR about it so can count into your application as they will not automatic tell u i supposed..
I take full 16weekS..
Bby injecti0n etc i will uSe CCL...

Anyone from KKH? I only did the Down syndrome test and so far it's looking good. Will the doctor recommend you to do paranoma test ? Is it a compulsory thing to do ? My doctor did not mentioned that.

Anyone from KKH? I only did the Down syndrome test and so far it's looking good. Will the doctor recommend you to do paranoma test ? Is it a compulsory thing to do ? My doctor did not mentioned that.
If ur results for down syndrome is low risk, the doc will not ask u to do further tests. They will offer paranoma or amniocentesis test if result is high risk.

Which brand and model of breast pump do you mummies use or be getting?

I am considering medela swing pump or spectra S9 plus.
Maybe going to the baby fair in june to have a look.
Medela will be cheaper if purchase from Amazon and use a 3rd party shipper (like vpost).

I am considering medela swing pump or spectra S9 plus.
Maybe going to the baby fair in june to have a look.
Medela will be cheaper if purchase from Amazon and use a 3rd party shipper (like vpost).
Yup, I be going to the bb fair too. Saw the review on spectra s1 very good so thinking of getting that. Thinking of getting at the fair if there's freebies and warranty :)

Hello! I'm a new to this whole mummy thing, currently 17 weeks pregnant, EDD is 19 October 2017. Could anyone add me into the fb group or WhatsApp group too?

Thank you!
[email protected]

Yup, I be going to the bb fair too. Saw the review on spectra s1 very good so thinking of getting that. Thinking of getting at the fair if there's freebies and warranty :)

I feel that S1 will be too bulky to bring to and fro office, you if still want to continue to pump when you're back at work.

Hi mummies, how many kg have you put on so far? I'm 16 weeks and I have put on 3.5 kg. My gynae said my weight gain "very scary"! I also thought very scary because I throw up 3x a day, eat salad at night and cut back on carbo, yet still put on so much!

Hi mummies, how many kg have you put on so far? I'm 16 weeks and I have put on 3.5 kg. My gynae said my weight gain "very scary"! I also thought very scary because I throw up 3x a day, eat salad at night and cut back on carbo, yet still put on so much!

Hello recently I've been asking this qns to my friends who have given birth too! It's really scary when I hear numbers like 13-18kg. Anyway I'm at my 18th week and have gained approximately 1.5kg since my weight at my first gynae visit at week 4.

I'm 16 weeks and 6 days and gain around 1.5kgs.

Hi...

I'm 18 weeks now and I have put on 3.5 kgs also. Very scary and lately I put on weight very fast and easily .

I have try yo cut down carbo and hope it won't put on so much weight again.

Hi, I'm week 16 too... As I lost 4kg in trim 1, so still catching back but is 0.8kg more from my previous Oscar test scan. However, I am still waiting for the honeymoon period of trim 2 as I'm still puking and having bad heartburn often.. Take it as the weight put on is Bb growing fast bah?

G0nna be 17weekS S00n..
S0 far have gain abt 6kg..
#1 ive gave 33kg thru0ut my pregnancy.. thiS time r0und.. dunn0..

Thanks for sharing, ladies! My nausea makes me crave sweet food as my tongue tastes bitter. Do you exercise?

I never exercise leh.. recently been having pulling cramps by the sides of the tummy.. actually since trim 1 have le, but trim 2 like more often.. i sit still, walk, stand even lie down will on /off... that day climbed some stairs to my in law place on the 2nd level feel more so i did not exercise... thankfully is asked Gynae he said is normal & sadly nothing much i can do since it is the uterus expansion effect..

I'm into week 17, still feeling nauseous and sour taste in mouth :( food still taste weird in general. Can't wait for my tastebuds to be back to normal.

Do u girls have obvious tummies alr? Mine still can't quite tell but the images I found online seem so pronounced. Looking fwd to the next scan to see how baby's growing.

i didn't get any weight during my 1st trimester. however, from week 14 to week 17, i have gained 1.4kg.
Started my exercised routine, twice a week 1hr pilates class.

I'm into week 17, still feeling nauseous and sour taste in mouth :( food still taste weird in general. Can't wait for my tastebuds to be back to normal.

Do u girls have obvious tummies alr? Mine still can't quite tell but the images I found online seem so pronounced. Looking fwd to the next scan to see how baby's growing.

Mine still not obvious. unless i sit down, pull tight my clothing can see abit.. perhaps is my 1st they said the tummy will be slower abit. So during scan when Gynae said is normal size, i will feel thankful.. Do you know your BB's Gender already as most old wive's tale saying more intense Morning sickness is girl girl..

Mine still not obvious. unless i sit down, pull tight my clothing can see abit.. perhaps is my 1st they said the tummy will be slower abit. So during scan when Gynae said is normal size, i will feel thankful.. Do you know your BB's Gender already as most old wive's tale saying more intense Morning sickness is girl girl..

It's my first too dear :)

And I'm expecting a baby girl! I see the tales are pretty accurate hehe

Hi ladies, my mom pantang, she told me don't buy any bb stuff until 7 months along.. I'm planning to get stuff at bb fair in June, is there such a superstition not to get anything until 7 months along?

Hi mummies, do you feel baby kick already? Is it very often? I do feel something but not sure if it's baby kicking

I feel some fluttering.. like bubbles popping kind.. but i will wonder could it be gas/ wind in the stomach.. haha.. but this week, the fluttering more intense.. more frequent too.. as i read by week 18, most mummies shld be able to feel the movement clearly.. Im 17+ now so really cant wait for the very first kick !

Hi ladies, my mom pantang, she told me don't buy any bb stuff until 7 months along.. I'm planning to get stuff at bb fair in June, is there such a superstition not to get anything until 7 months along?

I did hear before not too early ( more to trim 1 the typical taboo period).. But to wait till 7 months, some items maybe cheaper at fair / promotion that maybe available earlier than that neh? plus by then, your tum tum bigger, walking / shopping also maybe more tedious? but clothings i do hear is to get from those previously worn by babies that are easily to take care of to let your bb wear.. i also plan to go to the End June one at Suntec..

Hi All

I am Singaporean but living in the UK. I already bought some of the baby stuff as they are either 50% off or during baby show. Even at 20weeks, my stamina is alot weaker.. Having migraine weekly. I just had my 20week scan and i am having a girl.

Hello Mummies-to-be! I'm 18 weeks currently and my EDD is 22 Oct. Choosing TMC to deliver. ;)
Anyone of you have found CL for your confinement?

Hello Mummies-to-be! I'm 18 weeks currently and my EDD is 22 Oct. Choosing TMC to deliver. ;)
Anyone of you have found CL for your confinement?

I'm in my week 18 too :) I started looking about a month ago under my mum's advice and most were already booked up.

If you plan to engage freelance CL better check their schedule soonest! :)

I'm in my week 18 too :) I started looking about a month ago under my mum's advice and most were already booked up.

If you plan to engage freelance CL better check their schedule soonest! :)

Yeah... most CL already booked.. it's really a headache...

Hi, do you girls prefer who to help up during confinement period?
Mind to share your thought :)

1. Mother
2. Mother in law
3. Confinement lady

Mother.. But that's because she is willing to help and she says she can cook confinement food.

Between MIL and CL, I'd go for CL. Challenging to give instructions to MIL, or ask her to do things as she might be offended.

Mother.. But that's because she is willing to help and she says she can cook confinement food.

Between MIL and CL, I'd go for CL. Challenging to give instructions to MIL, or ask her to do things as she might be offended.

Agree! I would prefer CL if compared to MIL.. Cos my MIl has no experience and she always have those "i heard those old ppl say blah blah blah".. Very pangtang..

Agree! I would prefer CL if compared to MIL.. Cos my MIl has no experience and she always have those "i heard those old ppl say blah blah blah".. Very pangtang..

My fren's MIL anyhow mixed the bb's milk powder, never measure, like cooking.. Then she threw away by fren's breast milk which she took a long time to pump.

I see my MIL also anyhow when she took care of my hubby's nephew. If she's lazy to cook, she'll just feed him white rice with shredded seaweeds mixed with tomato ketchup! If you try to meddle, she'll be offended "I cannot rest meh!" My mom will never do that..

Hi ladies, I did something I really regretted today. I had raw egg with bi mim bap on a hot stone. I don't know why I could not resist it. I felt so guilty afterwards what if I harmed the bb :( Called the gynae today and the nurse says if there's no sign of food poisoning, no need to go for scan. Should I be worried? I'm feeling so guilty now, why why why couldn't I resist myself!!!

Hi ladies, I did something I really regretted today. I had raw egg with bi mim bap on a hot stone. I don't know why I could not resist it. I felt so guilty afterwards what if I harmed the bb :( Called the gynae today and the nurse says if there's no sign of food poisoning, no need to go for scan. Should I be worried? I'm feeling so guilty now, why why why couldn't I resist myself!!!

Hi babe *hugs* don't be so hard on yourself. The risk of eating raw eggs is salmonella poisoning which I've read, causes diarrhoea and vomiting but doesn't harm your baby directly. So if you don't have any symptoms it should all be fine :)

Don't worry too much! You prob cooked the egg on the hot stone anyway :p

I also succumbed to crabs, bubble tea, ice cream.. extremely low resistance to temptations here haha

Thanks pinktulle for the words of encouragement! I will be more more careful next time! So sad if I harm a healthy bb who has a strong will to live just because I tam chiak...

Last nite i also drank few mouthful of icy coke.. it is heavenly ! but earned me heartburn at night.. haha... in Trim 1, i went to Ya Kun & dipped the bread into the egg to eat.. only to know i shouldn't eat after that.. in fact before i know i concieved i ate sashimi / cockles.. so i told Gynae about that too as im so worried & guilty.. he said just dun think of what happened.. believe in that stron g little one &enjoy your pregnancy !

Hi, do you girls prefer who to help up during confinement period?
Mind to share your thought :)

1. Mother
2. Mother in law
3. Confinement lady

Hihi.. I go for Confinement lady.. Coz i hope to get enough rest to recover well & soon. Mother / MIL, at night u will feel pressured if they wake up to help or from what i heard most mummies is at night ownself handle if is their Mother / MIL doing confinement for them. At least CL, kinda of their duty to help take care at night too...

Hi ladies, any idea which brands of milk bottles are good? There are so many choices out there and it's kinda confusing for first time mums.

Back