November 2017 Mummies

Hi Sharkles .. peace out.. this forum is to share and ask questions about our pregnancy journey.. it's a happy thing so just enjoy.. y r u putting people down n say that it's a mean exclusive grp? That's a little too much ya?

For 1, the grp welcomes anyone who wants to be added. But of cos the bigger the grp the faster the chat will be.. imagine 80 pax in the grp n everyone is talking?

If u r not comfortable in seeing so many irrelevant chats then u can opt out of the grp.. u can just post ur qns in forum n I'm sure ppl will answer to ur qns. There's no need to be so harsh to everyone here..

Hi Sharkles .. peace out.. this forum is to share and ask questions about our pregnancy journey.. it's a happy thing so just enjoy.. y r u putting people down n say that it's a mean exclusive grp? That's a little too much ya?

For 1, the grp welcomes anyone who wants to be added. But of cos the bigger the grp the faster the chat will be.. imagine 80 pax in the grp n everyone is talking?

If u r not comfortable in seeing so many irrelevant chats then u can opt out of the grp.. u can just post ur qns in forum n I'm sure ppl will answer to ur qns. There's no need to be so harsh to everyone here..
Look, if you dont know the history dont assume. I stated facts and lalamoo started her attack on me. And she behaves like its a mean and exclusive group by questioning people on their edd and accusing me. So she started it first and if you read my prev posts, i have always been polite and suportive until this woman started getting personal

I see... That's a lot of fruits in 3 hours. My idea of "a lot of fruits" is 2 slices of papaya and maybe an apple but throughout the day. Haha! Thanks for sharing! Yes, better to be safe than sorry then...
Thought papaya is cooling? Try not to eat too much papaya..

Since @Lalamoo has deleted her nasty posts, i have deleted my replies as well. However i still dont think it was nice of her or right of her to start accusing me of bluffing my edd to be in the nov WA group.

I only stated that i left the WA group cos there are too many messages and as a ftm its difficult to get information from it. Conversation move so fast that your questions get missed out or you miss out the replies. That is a fact which i am sure you all will realise. Again, its up to one's own choice to join or not to join and i made my choice.

I also dont see why @Lalamoo and @snow19 had to 'tracked' me down and question my authencity of my edd. People with common knowledge is aware an edd is an estimated and if i have an edd on 4dec, there are chances i may deliver 2 weeks before and my baby is born in Nov. Regardless, how does this restrict me from being only in the dec thread and i cant post and participate in this thread? How is this behaviour not trying to imply the nov mtb group is like some sacred exclusive club?

And, @Lalamoo started personal attacks saying labelling 'depression' and 'barking' on me. Thats uncalled for. So if you start a personal attack, dont come crying victim when one retailiate.

Since @Lalamoo has deleted her nasty posts, i have deleted my replies as well. However i still dont think it was nice of her or right of her to start accusing me of bluffing my edd to be in the nov WA group.

I only stated that i left the WA group cos there are too many messages and as a ftm its difficult to get information from it. Conversation move so fast that your questions get missed out or you miss out the replies. That is a fact which i am sure you all will realise. Again, its up to one's own choice to join or not to join and i made my choice.

I also dont see why @Lalamoo and @snow19 had to 'tracked' me down and question my authencity of my edd. People with common knowledge is aware an edd is an estimated and if i have an edd on 4dec, there are chances i may deliver 2 weeks before and my baby is born in Nov. Regardless, how does this restrict me from being only in the dec thread and i cant post and participate in this thread? How is this behaviour not trying to imply the nov mtb group is like some sacred exclusive club?

And, @Lalamoo started personal attacks saying labelling 'depression' and 'barking' on me. Thats uncalled for. So if you start a personal attack, dont come crying victim when one retailiate.
Happy mummies=happy babies. Let's move on and have happy pregnancies!

Hi mommies, I'm having a very bad cough since last week.

I was down w gastic flu 2 weeks back and was on coughing slightly, but the cough have since evolved to a really bad one.

Mucus is clear and slightly sticky, I will get into coughing fits and consecutive few mins becos "my throat feels clear" and then I will be ok for a while, but the cycle will repeat and I get into this coughing fits.

I tried drinking hot water ,Hot honey lemon, ginger lemon, Manuka honey, pipagao, steam orange w salt,losenges etc And 3 days ago seen a TCM and on Med.

But I'm still coughing!

It's so bad it's Affecting my sleep, my daily work. And of cos terrible headache due to cough. And my supposedly 2tri w lesser nausea feeling should be better, but as a result of the cough I'm
Still puking! Cos coughing too hard.

Anyone faces such issue? How did u overcome it?

Hi mommies, I'm having a very bad cough since last week.

I was down w gastic flu 2 weeks back and was on coughing slightly, but the cough have since evolved to a really bad one.

Mucus is clear and slightly sticky, I will get into coughing fits and consecutive few mins becos "my throat feels clear" and then I will be ok for a while, but the cycle will repeat and I get into this coughing fits.

I tried drinking hot water ,Hot honey lemon, ginger lemon, Manuka honey, pipagao, steam orange w salt,losenges etc And 3 days ago seen a TCM and on Med.

But I'm still coughing!

It's so bad it's Affecting my sleep, my daily work. And of cos terrible headache due to cough. And my supposedly 2tri w lesser nausea feeling should be better, but as a result of the cough I'm
Still puking! Cos coughing too hard.

Anyone faces such issue? How did u overcome it?
I am down with urti and it is the flu season now. Did u go to a doc? If so remember to ask for pregnant safe meds. I am not sure if pipagao is safe, honey must make sure not pollen type of honey. Take lots of vitamin C, stay hydrated.

If can on your humidifier when you sleep, at least might help moisturise the air.

I am recovering from my urti, still with flu. But i guess it will take longer since no antibiotics can be given.

I had so many pipagao I lost count. I went to the doc but was only given lozenges initially. TCM gave me some Med still on it and hope can cure me soon. It's depressing becos I can't sleep well and always wake up with headache.

I had so many pipagao I lost count. I went to the doc but was only given lozenges initially. TCM gave me some Med still on it and hope can cure me soon. It's depressing becos I can't sleep well and always wake up with headache.

Is pipagao save to take? Stop all cold drinks n if u have essential oil can try to diffuse lavender or the calming oil. Can try putting adult kool fever on ur forehead also.

Hi Mummies!

my edd is on 14 nov =) going for panorama/oscar test tomorrow hopefully everything will go on smoothly. this is my 3rd pregnancy and this time round, i switched to a new gynae, Dr Benjamin Teo from TMC. Anyone seeing him or have seen him before? Care to share your experience with Dr Benjamin Teo?

hi ladies, is start of 2nd trimester beginning of 13th or 14th week? I've been googling online and nothing can confirm whether its start of 13th or 14th week.

Hi Mummies!

my edd is on 14 nov =) going for panorama/oscar test tomorrow hopefully everything will go on smoothly. this is my 3rd pregnancy and this time round, i switched to a new gynae, Dr Benjamin Teo from TMC. Anyone seeing him or have seen him before? Care to share your experience with Dr Benjamin Teo?

Why u not continuing with ur previous gynae?

Anyone facing same issue?
My wife feeling sore-ness on her bum. She did not fell down or knock into things. Any idea what may be the reason?

She is on 12w3d.

Sleeping wise still OK. But I think need to buy the special type of pillow. Her tummy starts to grow.

Any recommendation for that pillow?

Anyone facing same issue?
My wife feeling sore-ness on her bum. She did not fell down or knock into things. Any idea what may be the reason?

She is on 12w3d.
Hi there, very sweet to help ask on behalf of your Wife. I been having tail bone pain and worsen the last few weeks.

Been doing yoga and it help but have to avoid certain poses. I also avoid sitting on hard surfaces.

Hi there, very sweet to help ask on behalf of your Wife. I been having tail bone pain and worsen the last few weeks.

Been doing yoga and it help but have to avoid certain poses. I also avoid sitting on hard surfaces.
I am the very kiasu FTB.. Hahha...
My wife seems terrible with the morning sickness. I see her vomit, also cannot do anything.

BTW, she also fart and burp a lot. Seems like a lot of gas.. Anyone have similar issues?

I am the very kiasu FTB.. Hahha...
My wife seems terrible with the morning sickness. I see her vomit, also cannot do anything.

BTW, she also fart and burp a lot. Seems like a lot of gas.. Anyone have similar issues?

is common.. almost every preg women will get it de. some fart in the day some fart in the night. is really common. n is common to have headache also due to hormones.

Pregnant can fly? My wife hope I can bring her on a short holiday.

Hi brainy smurf, yes, can fly. But need to get travel letter from gynae, because some airlines are very sticky. Safer to fly in 2nd trimester. Third trimester advisable to stay put in case of emergency. My gynae certifies me fit to travel until 8th month though...

If there's bleeding (happen to my friend), the gynae may advise not to travel. My friend went ahead anyway but have to find a local doctor overseas to help inject progesterone everyday.

My wife today is 13w1d. But we planned to fly when she is between 22-24w.
Got more queries. We plan to fly to macau/hk. Flight time around 5hours. OK right?

What sort of letter? Letter to certify she fit to fly?

Pregnant can fly? My wife hope I can bring her on a short holiday.

Safety wise, check with the doctor. Travel wise, most airlines prohibit travel only if beyond 34 or 35 weeks. I've checked and different airlines have different requirements. Some require doctor certificate starting 32 weeks. Others ask you to fill up a form, even with no certificate.

My wife today is 13w1d. But we planned to fly when she is between 22-24w.
Got more queries. We plan to fly to macau/hk. Flight time around 5hours. OK right?

What sort of letter? Letter to certify she fit to fly?

Letter frm gynae. Is stable in trimester 2 liao le i fly to tw also around there somemore i firsr trimester

BTW, any idea where can I look out for daytime CL? I stay in cck.

If u not planning to hire CL then go find PEM agency see they can help u find daytime CL anot coz normally CL stays with u de hardly got daytime CL unless is singaporean other than that most CL is frm msia de

hi nov mummies, new here. My EDD according to doctor based on baby size is 11 nov, though based on app it is supposed to be 17 nov. Anyway, nice to know everyone here.

I have a question, i have some vaginal discharge, and it is abit of yellowish and sometimes i do see some tint of blood especially after I pooed. I read that it is normal as vaginal clean itself and discharge accordingly. I forget to ask my gynae last week. Anyone of similar condition or advice?

Thanks in advance.

hi nov mummies, new here. My EDD according to doctor based on baby size is 11 nov, though based on app it is supposed to be 17 nov. Anyway, nice to know everyone here.

I have a question, i have some vaginal discharge, and it is abit of yellowish and sometimes i do see some tint of blood especially after I pooed. I read that it is normal as vaginal clean itself and discharge accordingly. I forget to ask my gynae last week. Anyone of similar condition or advice?

Thanks in advance.
Just sharing.. My wife on and off have such discharge too. Sometimes after poo, also have. Think it's somewhat normal I guess. She resort to shower more from once to twice or even thrice per day. But if suddenly have a lot of blood, better check with gynae.

I also need help. My wife is 13w7d today. Her bum pain seems to intensified. Now even standing or sitting, there some pain. She describe the pain as muscle ache. Anyone know is this normal?

Hi mtb, I'm having my #2 currently with an edd on 24 Nov. #1 born in 2016, he is not even one now. Currently having appt with Dr Benjamin Tham from TMC, I use him since #1, a little naggy but very experienced.

I also need help. My wife is 13w7d today. Her bum pain seems to intensified. Now even standing or sitting, there some pain. She describe the pain as muscle ache. Anyone know is this normal?

I had it when I'm pregnant with #1, difficulty getting up from bed. Tried letting it heal by itself but it got worst. I was told that it's common and just need to consult a normal neighbourhood gp will do. just make sure pregnancy safe medicine is given. no worries, it will goes off.

Just sharing.. My wife on and off have such discharge too. Sometimes after poo, also have. Think it's somewhat normal I guess. She resort to shower more from once to twice or even thrice per day. But if suddenly have a lot of blood, better check with gynae.

Thank you. it's not frequent but will double check with gynae if it become serious.

Just wishes to find out... How often does the gynae schedule a checkup?
My wife went for a checkup on 8w6d. They did a ultrasound and show heartbeat. Measure the baby height/length..
Took my blood test too.

Then the coming appt is on 14w6d.
In which I understand, no ultrasound. Only blood test for my wife.

The next one appt will be on 20w3d.
In which I understand, will have ultrasound to determine baby gender.

But why seems to me. Her checkup dates very funny. What I read online. Normally gynae will arrange checkup on 8,12,16,20th week. And all seems to have ultrasounds.

Anyone facing similar experiences?
My wife is on 14w3d today.

Just wishes to find out... How often does the gynae schedule a checkup?
My wife went for a checkup on 8w6d. They did a ultrasound and show heartbeat. Measure the baby height/length..
Took my blood test too.

Then the coming appt is on 14w6d.
In which I understand, no ultrasound. Only blood test for my wife.

The next one appt will be on 20w3d.
In which I understand, will have ultrasound to determine baby gender.

But why seems to me. Her checkup dates very funny. What I read online. Normally gynae will arrange checkup on 8,12,16,20th week. And all seems to have ultrasounds.

Anyone facing similar experiences?
My wife is on 14w3d today.

Mine also similar to what you found online, 8, 12, 16, 20 and all have ultrasounds.. In fact 12th week have one detailed scan (about $700) to check for nasal bone and nucheal thickness, although I found it was a waste of money since panorama test can detect genetic abnormalities.

Mine also similar to what you found online, 8, 12, 16, 20 and all have ultrasounds.. In fact 12th week have one detailed scan (about $700) to check for nasal bone and nucheal thickness, although I found it was a waste of money since panorama test can detect genetic abnormalities.
12th week one is to test for down syndrome?
I skipped the test for down syndrome.

And what's a panorama test?

My gynae never ask my wife to do.

12th week one is to test for down syndrome?
I skipped the test for down syndrome.

And what's a panorama test?

My gynae never ask my wife to do.

Hi brainy smurf, yes, the 12th week detailed scan was for down syndrome. Panorama test was also for down syndrome which I also did on the same day.

Maybe your wife is still young? I'm already 35. Gynae usually have 2 test choices for down syndrome. Oscar is cheaper but only 95% accurate. Panorama is expensive but 99% accurate and can also find out the bb gender.

Back