2016/07 July babies

Can I know what to look out for? I will let her try this Friday. In case any allergy so that I can manage her over weekend.

Oh @emk wanted to ask you where you bought the haolian 牌 vege shredder?lol.

My inlaw house knife and chopping board very small so a lot of effort every time I wanna chop vegetables finely.

Bb under 1yo daily salt intake should be under 0.4g...The blw fb grp members recommend bega and babybel brand. Many mummies have given bega stringers as snacks and the bb seem v fond of it! They are still quite high in salt, but all things in moderation, so maybe once or twice a week is ok and maybe not full stick if eating other salty foods :)

Bubbles is still dairy intolerant, she suffers from bad and painful bloating for days, even after a few bites of cheese. I do not think cheese allergies are immediately visible as rash, so probably watch out for bloat, diarrhoea, bloody stools and vomiting etc for following 3 days after introducing?

I'm still using the tape diapers. 1 trick I learnt during my #1 time is to tape one side of the diaper first. That way, you can wear it like a pant, support baby to stand and tape the other side. After that adjust the tape to tighten it.

Actually now my biggest headache is wiping poo off the backside as she will not lie down quietly. She tends to want to flip over and crawl and her poo will stain the changing mat :(

For food, breakfast will be either cereal or normal sunshine bread dipped in her milk. Lunch and dinner is porridge like what elm cooked. Recently I introduced baby plain rice crackers or gerber graduates puff to her as snacks especially when we were outside and she is fussing. The snacks can actually keep her quiet for awhile.

@starview ya very hard to clean their butt on lie down position, i make emkjr to stand and hold against furniture (tv console, coffee table ) and place a toy there. So he will be focus to play the toy and I clean his butt in standing position :p

Last time emkjr not scare of vacuum, but now he so scare of it. When I on the vacuum he quickly come n hug my leg and want me to carry. Any baby here react the same too?

Will shop for the cheese later for her to try tonight.

My gal so far still ok with vacuum. But recently suddenly a little startled by thunder but it's getting better again.

So far one week at ifc for 8-9hrs a day. last nap there usually ends at 130 pm and by the time pick her at 3-4pm she won't nap when home already. So usually by 7pm she is damn tired. Dinner near that time she also starts to fuss. Trying to see how to improve the situation. Hmmm Maybe let her have earlier dinner like 5pm?

Can i check if you withdraw your child from ifc for a month or 2, can request for non payment of school fees?
My girl second relapse of bronchiolitis, its a headache.

She always missing school cos once she is discharged the doc will give 3 weeks MC to stay home and I usually abide but evytime she is back 2 weeks or so its back again - the runny nose and cough. So was thinking of pulling her out for 1 to 2 months

Yes mine was pulled out for 2mths thereabout. Her school waived one mth fee.

That's what I fear for her too. Pulled out then due to mild bronchitis. She has since returned on Monday.

Hope your gal gets all well very soon.

@starview ya very hard to clean their butt on lie down position, i make emkjr to stand and hold against furniture (tv console, coffee table ) and place a toy there. So he will be focus to play the toy and I clean his butt in standing position :p
I let mine play with remote control so she will lie down and let me clean!

@redvel & @emk Yeah my girl also takes 6 milk feeds in 24 hours. I read that they should only be taking 4-5 milk feeds at this stage so I was concerned, but seems like your babies also on similar milk feeds. My girl would wake up twice at night crying (about every 4 hours), I don't know if it's because she is hungry. If I feed her she will fall back asleep, whereas carry and soothe her will take longer time. So I tend to feed her.
3 milk feed of 180ml to 210ml each time. Plus 2 solid meal. Morning she will have fruits.

No more night feed since month 5.

Reactions: emk
My 'hao liao' porridge, happy mother day to all mummies here
a6f72493d4c57297cba51daee2266fb8.jpg
Nice! I have been eating a lot of the left over porridge. Feel so clean & healthy. haha

Reactions: emk
Yes mine was pulled out for 2mths thereabout. Her school waived one mth fee.

That's what I fear for her too. Pulled out then due to mild bronchitis. She has since returned on Monday.

Hope your gal gets all well very soon.

Thanks Redvel.
Mine was not willing to give a waiver although i have been in their IFC since Jan but I have never attended a full month before. Not very happy with this IFC anyway but the hassle of switching and letting the child undergo accustoming a new environment so we will just persist on for another half year.

I let mine play with remote control so she will lie down and let me clean!
Most of the time, mine is not interested in toys or remote control (she likes remote control last time). Now when I make her lie down, she will cry and keeps wanting to flip and crawl away. So I just try to wipe away whatever I can and wash her backside after that.

Forget about wiping her soiled butt while she is lying down. Now I wash her instead with shower head. She likes it. I think she feels kinda ticklish with the shower water being aimed at her butt. :p

She made her first word yesterday (proper English word, and not papa mama mummum ) when she repeated after me when I called her Baby. After that I get her to say it again and again and she did.

Haha bubbles talks a lot but not clear de la. She just once in a while ask for avocado (ehwocado/cadocado) or repeat it after I serve it to her, and can repeat the intonation better than the pronunciation :))) potatoes are her fave now, so she does say it once in a while when I ask her what she wants to eat

Lately she also like to hewwo/hawwo people and objects....But back to her screeching and screaming annoying phase ...

Last edited:
Oh and I cannot for the life of me get her to repeat words after me like you do, @redvel ! She will just stare and ignore then out of the blue babble it out. Same for gestures like hello, bye-bye, come here....

Everyone in wugay club liow?? I know KWL Jr graduated from bogay club today!!

Bubbles' 3rd tooth (top right) emerging liow. Can feel it grating against me tonight....

Yesterday I bring emkjr to pororo indoor
Playground at marina square, child below 1 is free, every accompany adult is $6. I think it's on weekday, not crowded there. Everything there quite suitable for young baby, emkjr slower climb up the playground and I go down the slide with him. We put emkjr on the pororo train and faster the safety belt then realize cannot accompany by adult, we leave him alone sitting on the train and praying hard that he doesn't cry when the ride start, haha luckily the ride went smoothly, their staff know that emkjr is the youngest there and stand next to him when the train move. Haha we feel very proud that emkjr is so independent. There is a cafe inside the food cannot make it lah.. I order the popcorn chicken with fries, omg the popcorn chicken so hard and dry. We also order the panda waffle with Nutella, the waffle so hard too... not recommended hor..

I brought Ian to the Explorer kids yesterday as well~ wow didn't know it's so tiring for me, I gotta climb with him everywhere he goes but at the same time squeezing the small space. Bump here & there~~

He concussed from playing for almost 2 hours after that~~

I brought Ian to the Explorer kids yesterday as well~ wow didn't know it's so tiring for me, I gotta climb with him everywhere he goes but at the same time squeezing the small space. Bump here & there~~

He concussed from playing for almost 2 hours after that~~

Hahaha ya ya have to squeeze in the small space, I put him in Tula and step out of the playground less than 5mins he concussed Liao hahah

Morning.
My jr walks around with support. Not walking on her own anytime near soon.

Finally booked birthday location. Will just order a cake and simple wall/balloon decor. Time to buy a birthday dress/shoes for her too. My hubby keeps bugging me to trim her hair. Haha but I can't bear.

Are some babies still eating little solid? Maybe that's usual appetite for their little stomach but wondering if that's normal.

Now morning wakey she munch few little bite size of bread. Then full bottle of milk before heading out to IFC. Mid breakfast she's fed some rice cereal. Then lunch some porridge. Mid afternoon some snack like bread or cereal puff or fruits. Dinner I cook fish/pork mianxian. She will taste maybe 8-10 little spoon. Very very good day she takes double of that. Total milk feed a day is 5 now (150-170ml).

Told hubby it's like she is taking in so little but he says it's ok let her be nothing to worry about. That should be ok right?

Any babies here start to walk already ?
Bubbles cruising nia, but last 2 days she ownself intensive training to stand unassisted from squat position haha think at night her legs cramp, cry and cry until I massage her then can sleep

Emkjr walking liow???

Morning.
My jr walks around with support. Not walking on her own anytime near soon.

Finally booked birthday location. Will just order a cake and simple wall/balloon decor. Time to buy a birthday dress/shoes for her too. My hubby keeps bugging me to trim her hair. Haha but I can't bear.

Are some babies still eating little solid? Maybe that's usual appetite for their little stomach but wondering if that's normal.

Now morning wakey she munch few little bite size of bread. Then full bottle of milk before heading out to IFC. Mid breakfast she's fed some rice cereal. Then lunch some porridge. Mid afternoon some snack like bread or cereal puff or fruits. Dinner I cook fish/pork mianxian. She will taste maybe 8-10 little spoon. Very very good day she takes double of that. Total milk feed a day is 5 now (150-170ml).

Told hubby it's like she is taking in so little but he says it's ok let her be nothing to worry about. That should be ok right?
Hrm I think as long as she's active, alert, hitting milestones, should be ok? Some babies are just smaller and leaner than others, genetics play a big part!

If you are concerned, maybe give her higher fat foods like cheese, cold water fish, foods cooked in unsalted butter? Now they're all almost 1, can widen their scope, jin fun!

Hrm I think as long as she's active, alert, hitting milestones, should be ok? Some babies are just smaller and leaner than others, genetics play a big part!

If you are concerned, maybe give her higher fat foods like cheese, cold water fish, foods cooked in unsalted butter? Now they're all almost 1, can widen their scope, jin fun!

Lol my gal also likes the stand-squat sequence. If I do that my knee caps sure pain. *getting old

Oh ok let try to stir in the butter on veg n fish. Thanks for the tip!

Bubbles cruising nia, but last 2 days she ownself intensive training to stand unassisted from squat position haha think at night her legs cramp, cry and cry until I massage her then can sleep

Emkjr walking liow???

Not yet leh .. he can stand and clap hand, stand very long just don't want to make the first step out when I encourage him to make first step then he squat and crawl towards me haha

My colleague girl start to walk a little bit before she turn 1yr old, our baby turning 1 soon, that's why i wondering any baby start to walk haha

Ian also haven't really start to walk on his own~ just lots of crawling and climbing here. These few days though he tried to release his hands and stand on his own~~

I supposed it depends on individual~ not going to rush him into walking. Just let him develop the skill himself, like this he will learn on his own. ;)

Emkjr so active, climbing everywhere, think it's going to happen anytime now.

@redvel - I sent u a pm asking for ur CL's contact as my friend is looking for one and I really didn't like mine. U free help me check hor?

It'll be a big milestone for walking babies. Jiayou emk jr!

I have a few pairs of walking shoes (pass down) for her and waiting for her to wear them. Now when we take her to the playground , and put on shoes for her, she gets even more excited.

Tuna I've just replied you ya.

Today the IFC gave me her report card. On her progress so far in 2 pages. Next week also got teacher meet parent session to discuss about her development and their plans for her. Omg suddenly I feel so stress. She is just a baby! Hahaha and this is just only the beginning. Last time my parents threw me in school and don't need to charp anything already.

Woah ifc got meet teacher meet parents session hahah. Finally mfs under my block call me said got ifc place for me. Haha will it be too late to enroll ? Or just right time to let him go socialize around with other babies ?

Do they have half day? Can let him play with other kids thus learn socialization skills too. Full day too siong for them I find (or at least that's how I feel).

Oh I think should have half day but no one to pick up him haaa how come too siong ah ?

Oh I mean no place is better than home la... Once I left her there 10-11hrs I felt so bad. I feel bad like I abandoned her too long :p Maybe more like siong for me, emotionally lol.

Haha I see .. next week I go look look
See see at that ifc and see emkjr like it or not haha

Ian also haven't really start to walk on his own~ just lots of crawling and climbing here. These few days though he tried to release his hands and stand on his own~~

I supposed it depends on individual~ not going to rush him into walking. Just let him develop the skill himself, like this he will learn on his own. ;)
I agree with this. All her milestones I tried to leave her be, mil keeps trying to force bubbles to walk, she keep squatting and crawling away from her. Whereas I never force and she will attempt to take steps with me (assisted)...And can stand quite long unassisted on bed also...Haha when she succeeds she will say TADAH!!

It'll be a big milestone for walking babies. Jiayou emk jr!

I have a few pairs of walking shoes (pass down) for her and waiting for her to wear them. Now when we take her to the playground , and put on shoes for her, she gets even more excited.

Tuna I've just replied you ya.

Today the IFC gave me her report card. On her progress so far in 2 pages. Next week also got teacher meet parent session to discuss about her development and their plans for her. Omg suddenly I feel so stress. She is just a baby! Hahaha and this is just only the beginning. Last time my parents threw me in school and don't need to charp anything already.
!!!! Piang !!! Babies nia ley need so serious Bo???? No wonder kids these days like no childhood de...

Sigh how to stop stranger from touching my baby ah ? Aiyo yesterday went out for meal with my boy then got one aunty waitress keep touching him leh .. I'm ok if touch few times la but not every min keep coming back to touch n touch and touch again touch face touch hair touch shoulder .. aiyo how to ask them not to touch in nicely way ah ?

Sigh how to stop stranger from touching my baby ah ? Aiyo yesterday went out for meal with my boy then got one aunty waitress keep touching him leh .. I'm ok if touch few times la but not every min keep coming back to touch n touch and touch again touch face touch hair touch shoulder .. aiyo how to ask them not to touch in nicely way ah ?

Why? U scared dirty? I let waitress carry kjr leh!

Why? U scared dirty? I let waitress carry kjr leh!

Carry ok lah .. but don't always touch touch face and hair and hand leh. Don't know she got wash hand or not.. and saw take anti bacteria spray on other table and wipe with cloth then come n touch emkjr.. chemical stuff leh. Somemore emkjr everything also put into his mouth.. she touch his hand and i also cannot clean it immediately coz not nice mah .. then emkjr will put his hand into mouth, finally saw a spot teeth on upper gum and he also keep putting his finger in to touch it

Carry ok lah .. but don't always touch touch face and hair and hand leh. Don't know she got wash hand or not.. and saw take anti bacteria spray on other table and wipe with cloth then come n touch emkjr.. chemical stuff leh. Somemore emkjr everything also put into his mouth.. she touch his hand and i also cannot clean it immediately coz not nice mah .. then emkjr will put his hand into mouth, finally saw a spot teeth on upper gum and he also keep putting his finger in to touch it

Emk bo gay?

Back