Weddings when pregnant

I'm the bridesmaid for my friend coming up in June. Just tested bfp today. Not sure if I can go for the wedding dinner and whether I can be a bridesmaid. Anyone can enlighten me? Thank you!!

I think, if u think too much into it, then it becomes a taboo. Think positive, and things will go well.

Anyway, weddings are happy occasions, why will it be a taboo?

I think, if u think too much into it, then it becomes a taboo. Think positive, and things will go well.

Anyway, weddings are happy occasions, why will it be a taboo?

There's a Chinese superstition saying that
  • The luck of pregnancy clashes with the luck of a wedding, creating misfortune.
Yup hope not to think too much too but had miscarriage before. Becoming very paranoid.

most importantly is you and your friend "pantang"?? if either of you is, then for obvious reason, you should not attend at all..
for me, i'm not a superstitious person. i dun believe such stuffs...

I'm a bridemaid (sisters) for my friend wedding when I'm pregnant with my third boy. Actually during her wedding, not only I'm pregnant, another sister also. Both of us had give birth and our babies are healthy.. But most importantly is whether do you feel fine with it.

i always say this -

if you are pantang but your friend is not = dont go
if you are not pantang but your friend is = dont go
if you are not pantang AND your friend also not pantang = go

Based on the fact that you 'somehow' believe in the chinese taboo means u are pantang. then don't go or like what u said, dont be the bridesmaid. if not IF sth happens (which i hope nothing does), u will blame urself for this.

Back