Pregnancy checkups - leave or mc

hello all

When u all go for gynae checkup appointments? Do u all take leave or mc? My gynae informed me that they will issue Mcs for checkups

If mc u tell your boss before hand I'll be taking mc on that day?

@wishinguponastar 4 me, I alternate bt leave and MC. As mine was a difficult pregnancy, I let my gynea decide if he will give me mc. Most do... sometimes 4 mine, he will issue HL.

Normal I will just inform my boss secretary dat I m going 4 my gynea check up, will apply leave or mc when i m back. Boss is okie wif this arrangement. Cos sometimes I have meetings 2 attend so applying leave is better den taking mc.

It really depends on your own judgement.

I use my leave during 1st trimester cos i do not want to announced to company yet, subsequently i take mc and will let my manager know beforehand.

I took both as well, leave and mc, especially during the last trimester when the checkup is so frequent. However if ur boss don't mind, I would say just took mc..

So fortunate to take mc. When i take mc my boss will ask! Got to take AL instead usually prefer to see doc in the afternn

My obgyn offered to give MC every time I visit her, usually indicated as half day except full-day for when we had to do the mid-pregnancy anomaly screening.

My boss even told me he's happy for me to take a few hours off whenever I need to see the obgyn, and said there's no need to apply as medical leave because I may need and can keep them to take care of baby after the birth! So I'd log only some of the MC in the system. I just needed to let him know when I go for the appointments. (He's a father of two with his latest little one recently born so he's super empathetic :))

P.S. When I gave birth, I applied those first few days-off as hospitalisation leave, then followed by maternity leave. My friend also suggested taking the last month off using annual leave and save the equivalent maternity leave as the latter can be valid up to a year.

Late in my last trimester, obgyn also offered to give hospitalisation leave certificate if I'd prefer to rest at home than go to work. I didn't take this up as I wanted to finish off a work project that would have been troublesome to hand over. Plus, work team already running very lean.

My obgyn offered to give MC every time I visit her, usually indicated as half day except full-day for when we had to do the mid-pregnancy anomaly screening.

My boss even told me he's happy for me to take a few hours off whenever I need to see the obgyn, and said there's no need to apply as medical leave because I may need and can keep them to take care of baby after the birth! So I'd log only some of the MC in the system. I just needed to let him know when I go for the appointments. (He's a father of two with his latest little one recently born so he's super empathetic :))

P.S. When I gave birth, I applied those first few days-off as hospitalisation leave, then followed by maternity leave. My friend also suggested taking the last month off using annual leave and save the equivalent maternity leave as the latter can be valid up to a year.
Hi! Just to check.. I thought maternity leave have to start at least on the date baby is born.. can take hospitalisation leave first after childbirth then start maternity too?

Maternity leave can be used anytime within a year from birth date. Our HR leave administration system also allowed when I applied for it.
Hi, may i know who is ur gynae and which hospital he/she based? Thanks! Looking for a gynae who is ok to give hospitalisation leave when very near to edd. Thanks.

This far I've been going during my (self extended) lunch break and or first appointment and showing up to work slightly late :)

Thus far I've been going during my (self extended) lunch break and or first appointment and showing up to work slightly late :)

Back