Folic Acid

babyhelp

Hi Ladies,

Which folic acid is good to take if trying to conceive and have good hormones balance and to support the pregnancy well. Can any of you recommend which brand is good?

Hi Ladies,

Which folic acid is good to take if trying to conceive and have good hormones balance and to support the pregnancy well. Can any of you recommend which brand is good?

I just get from KKH pharmacy off the rack. 1 mth supply appx $1.50

Hi,
some ppl cannot convert folic acid well, which is a synthetic vitamin like in my case.

newer studies ...
activated folate (5-MTFH, methy-folate) is better and easier to absorb into the body, but don't take high dose. may have side effects like headaches.
I buy from iHerb as well and my Doc's clinic. Have tried a few brands.

one article below of the differences
https://wellnessmama.com/12543/folic-acid-vs-folate/

Just want to add ... minimally you definitely shld take folic acid as there are alot of research on it.

Last edited:
Blackmores is folic acid in ingredients, not folate activ form.
Guardian Plus(at takashimaya) might have.
My folate and other fertility supplement, especially for my hubby, I order from Iherb, much cheaper and good world quality.
https://sg.iherb.com/c/5-MTHF-Folate-5-Methyl-Tetrahydrofolate
If you are lazy to order from US, take Blackmores, its' better than nothing.

Hi Alishablond
yea, iHerb is so convenient. Is there one that u like? I've tried Jarrow (I take 400/ 800mg) and Thorne (1mg, which I think is giving me headache). also took pure encapsulations (400/800mg)

Hi Ladies,

don't think folic acid is for hormonal balance. but for preventing neural tube defects, which is developed very early in pregnancy, so good to start even before u are preggers :)

Hi, grumpet
Now I'm taking Jarrow Formulas metyl folate with B-12 and B6, lozenges.
Dot'n feel anything, but believe it's good for cells and body :)
What else are you taking?
I like Norwegian fish oil and royal jelly, really can see the effects.

Hi, grumpet
Now I'm taking Jarrow Formulas metyl folate with B-12 and B6, lozenges.
Dot'n feel anything, but believe it's good for cells and body :)
What else are you taking?
I like Norwegian fish oil and royal jelly, really can see the effects.

nice, what effects are u feeling, more energy? I heard abt royal jelly but not taking it.
I'm taking a few things.

proOmega fish oil from Nordic Natural , I think that's their highest strength one x 2

Vitamin D, Magnesium , probiotics

I'm not taking B12 cos my test results showed my level is high.

was taking iron, due to low level (borderline ) but I've stopped since mine comes w folic acid . may start again since it is 800mg

oh yes, pre-natals I was using the basic one by Thorne , have switched to Baby&mama ones (taking one tablet a day only) but will switch back to Thorne ones later on. my doc actually told me to start after 12 week pregnancy.

Last edited:
I have taken the vitamin B in yellow before but I had a EP and they mentioned hormones level blood test showed high.

Back