Anyone seeing Dr Heng Tung Lan or Dr Natalie Chua

qvalst

Hope to have more reviews on both doctors.
I heard Dr Heng is not really pro natural though she is very experienced?

By the way, please share delivery experience at Parkway East Hospital too.
Thanks in advanced!! =)

Hello, I'm seeing Dr. Natalie Chua @ Parkway East. I personally like her as she's friendly and honest. Always feel very comfortable with her and her friendly staffs. I signed up package with her yesterday :)

Hello, I'm seeing Dr. Natalie Chua @ Parkway East. I personally like her as she's friendly and honest. Always feel very comfortable with her and her friendly staffs. I signed up package with her yesterday :)

can share more on the package u sign ?
her clinic is at parkway East?

Thanks in advanced!! =)
Hi
My #1 is by dr heng. Natural w/o epidural

Thanks in advanced!! =)
I had my first one with Dr heng. She is pro natural. She told me not to waste money on unnecessary things. And when ask abt possibility of a c-section, she will always assure that baby is safe for vaginal birth. Very friendly doctor.

I just delivered on 25 Jan by Dr Heng! I went thru elective c-sect altho she had always wanted me to go natural but no choice cause baby was too big size and she didnt wanna risk any complications.
However if you are looking for a gynae who will spend time for each consultation answering all queries etc then dr heng might not be the one for you cause she's the chop chop kind cause she's really busy but that's what i like about her!

My experience at PEH was good! Nurses were nice, food was good. Overall stay was pleasant.... only hated the limited carpark lots. Hahaha

I was with Dr Heng both times and she is pro natural. She's very experienced so if she asked you to do C Sect, I think there should be a valid reason. Like she didn't want my 1st bb to grow too big and hard for my small frame to push, she asked me to induce on 40th week exactly when I was already dilated beforehand.

She's also very "chop" in her consultation so some people may feel like she's not spending enough time with them. I think that cannot be helped coz she's really busy with a lot of patients.

I had a good experience with the labour ward nurses the 1st time around and a not so god the second time around. Maybe the second time fell on the eve of PH and they were really busy and this particular nurse didn't attend to my request for epidural and all and Dr Heng was so pissed when she came down and see that I wasn't prepared for delivery yet.

How much is the package with Dr Heng? Has anyone seen her recently? I'm trying to decide between both of them as well.

I think her package is very reasonable. I have forgotten, she increase last yr. like $1200 or so for the prenatal.

I'm with Dr Natalie Chua, she's very nice and patient. It's my 1st pregnancy and I feel comfortable with her.

was with Dr Heng but decided to switch to another gynae for a few reasons... the waiting time is crazy although there is appointment. 2ndly, parking is really an issue.

She is a good gynae actually but the waiting time really turns me off

Dr Heng is $1k , Normal Delivery = $2300 - $2800
Dr Natalie is $800, Normal Delivery = $2000 - $2400

*Before 7% GST*

Dr Heng delivered my #1 , I'm now expecting #2 and have switched to Dr Natalie.
Reason being : Of course the price difference as you can see, secondly Dr Heng is good but the waiting time is always very long like the appt is set at 4pm , you have to wait at least 30-45 min for your turn. But Dr Natalie, 4pm is appt the moment I reached there will be my turn.

Dr Natalie is less popular as compared to Dr Heng, of course due to experience but Natalie used to practice at KKH before she come out and practice on her own.

I personally feel that if you do not have complications or advanced maternal age , no need to find a much experienced doctor as gynae really don't have much diff. People asked the questions are mostly common questions that all gynae can answer.

As for parkway east hospital , when I delivered my first one in 2015 it was a bad experience in the room. The day of my delivery (normal delivery) , the nurses were shorthanded I was admitted at 3pm and the nurse only checked on me twice and for about 3 hrs the nurse just leave me alone in my room after my epidural until my Hubby went to call the nurse at 7pm then the nurse came and say 'oh is fully diluted! We can shift you to the delivery room already' . While I was waiting in the room after my epidural , I can hear all the screaming and shouting of other patients so clearly. I was terrified when I was in the room.

But I'm still delivering at Parkway East this time as it is near my place and looking at 2bedder suite so that is convenient for my hubby as well to go home and come back to the hospital. But if you are first time mum, you may wish to consider your choice.

Delivered all my 3 babies naturally with Dr Heng at Parkway East. Expecting #4 now and still going back to her. Package prices increases, from $600/700 in 2009 to $1k this year. Not so bad la.. Very bubbly doctor and I prefer her style - got questions ask, don't have questions, can go. She don't rush us.

Personally, I feel most of the info can be found in the internet anyway so if there's no complications I don't see a need to ask so much. Haha. Waiting time is indeed a bit long, given the never-ending patients waiting in line to see her.

Hospital service and staff are great throughout my 3 experiences. Love the chicken porridge especially. Lol.

Dr Heng is $1k , Normal Delivery = $2300 - $2800
Dr Natalie is $800, Normal Delivery = $2000 - $2400

*Before 7% GST*

Dr Heng delivered my #1 , I'm now expecting #2 and have switched to Dr Natalie.
Reason being : Of course the price difference as you can see, secondly Dr Heng is good but the waiting time is always very long like the appt is set at 4pm , you have to wait at least 30-45 min for your turn. But Dr Natalie, 4pm is appt the moment I reached there will be my turn.

Dr Natalie is less popular as compared to Dr Heng, of course due to experience but Natalie used to practice at KKH before she come out and practice on her own.

I personally feel that if you do not have complications or advanced maternal age , no need to find a much experienced doctor as gynae really don't have much diff. People asked the questions are mostly common questions that all gynae can answer.

As for parkway east hospital , when I delivered my first one in 2015 it was a bad experience in the room. The day of my delivery (normal delivery) , the nurses were shorthanded I was admitted at 3pm and the nurse only checked on me twice and for about 3 hrs the nurse just leave me alone in my room after my epidural until my Hubby went to call the nurse at 7pm then the nurse came and say 'oh is fully diluted! We can shift you to the delivery room already' . While I was waiting in the room after my epidural , I can hear all the screaming and shouting of other patients so clearly. I was terrified when I was in the room.

But I'm still delivering at Parkway East this time as it is near my place and looking at 2bedder suite so that is convenient for my hubby as well to go home and come back to the hospital. But if you are first time mum, you may wish to consider your choice.
Hi Jill,
I am currently with Dr Chua and a ftm.
Could you share how the billing works at PEH?
I understand we have to pay the deposit for room upon booking, how about doctor fees and Pd as well as misc fees?

Also do you know if installment is allowed?

Thank you in advance.

Hi mummies, can I ask, what's your average bill with Dr. Heng like per visit before signing up for the prenatal package? Consultation + scan + vitamins... can share a rough cost? Thanks!

First consultation - $120
Follow-up consultation - $80
Ultrasound scan - $80

Average Bill ranges from $180 - $260 (depends on the vitamins, supplements and/or medication/progesterone pills Dr Heng will give you)

If your first consultation falls on 6th wk pregnancy, it is likely Dr Heng will schedule you follow-up appointment after two weeks or 4 weeks, it depends on your pregnancy condition..

Antenatal package starts at 12th week of pregnancy which costs $1,000..this includes consultation, ultrasound scan, multivitamins and calcium w/ vit D3.. if you want to top up with Omega 3 DHA addnl $40 per visit... checkup is every 4 weeks

Last edited:
Just drop a note that my boy (1st wife) was delivered by dr heng way back in 1998 (he's 19 yo this year and 1.9m tall) :) so she is VERY experienced.

My current wife is expecting and due in dec 2017.

Hi,
Did anyone recently visit Dr Heng's? If so, could you please share the prenatal package and delivery charges in 2020?

I just gave birth 3 months ago & Dr. Heng Tung Lan was my healthcare provider. I should say that she is pro choice & will encourage you to do normal delivery as much as possible (normal & natural delivery mean 2 different things) especially if you do not have any major complications & concerns in your pregnancy. She is very attentive & sharp! As a fellow mummy mentioned above, she has a lot of experience & this is because she is one of the most experienced Obstetricians in Singapore. She even insisted that I shouldn't take epidural!

Towards the last trimester, she will give you a bunch of items that you will need & are actually essential in the postnatal care but those items aren't for free (but were a lifesaver for me!)

I had to be induced at 40 weeks & a day. I didn't want to because I was pro natural but I just had to trust her & accept that it was also PEH's protocol so as to avoid further complications if we did not get my LO out ASAP.

She had told us that I will give birth the next day by 1PM & I really did at 12:33hrs via normal delivery. I had 2 stitches that healed really fast too.

If you are a first time mom & wouldn't want to worry so much about your health & the entirety of your pregnancy, she is the OB to consult. She & her staff will take care of you! Of course, her experience will come with a price but rest assured you'll be well taken care of.

Prenatal Package: 1,200 [excluding medicine that you may need in case of minor complications & certain supplements for your specific needs]
Dr. Heng's clinic fee: 2,800(+/-)
attendance fee: $400-600

These are subject to a presumed normal delivery. If you have an emergency Caesarian section, it'll definitely cost more.

Back