Can we do gelish and go for haircut?

Luv132

Hi ladies!

Anyone knows if we go do gelish manicure/pedicure when we are pregnant?

What about haircut with hair coloring? My fringe is getting longer....

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Not sure abt nails but I've heard some superstition abt haircut during pregnancy... something abt umbilical cord....

I was planning to hold till 2nd trimester to trim the dry ends, but my sis told me to wait till after delivery! :(

Have also heard that some ladies cut their hair short during pregnancy as they say the hair eats up nutrients... haha.

Hair cut should be ok.. my super traditional mum ask me to shorten my hair as my hair is way too long(till waist area) otherwise the nutrients wi be spread to hair.. but all other hair treatments should be avoided due to the chemicals which will be used..
Mani and pedicure shld be fine too w/o any col painted. so all u can do is trim, buff and scrap ur dead skins on ur foot.. cos the nail polish are all with chemicals.. there gers who avoid the nail palour due to the strong smell..

Hi ladies!

Anyone knows if we go do gelish manicure/pedicure when we are pregnant?

What about haircut with hair coloring? My fringe is getting longer....

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Dear Luv132,
I would not recommend that you do manicures or pedicures during pregnancy, as inhalation of noxious fumes that are prevalent in nail salons may cause harm to your unborn child. These strong toxic fumes have been known to cause infertility in workers who are exposed to these fumes on a daily basis. You may argue that your manicure will only take an hour but I will ask why chance any harm to your baby when you should only singlemindedly want the best for your child? If you must take a manicure or pedicure to perk your spirits up, I would suggest that you ask for increased ventilation from your chair, or have the manicure outside of the salon or wear a mask. Wearing a mask may not do very much though.
Cutting hair during pregnancy is a choice that may be affected by elderly in the family. If you face no objections from your mother-in-law or other family relatives, I would say the shorter the better!

I think cut hair still possible coz after delivery need to stay away from water during confinement period. I think during these period it's better to avoid chemical products. I did read reviews that even air freshener need to avoid too.

i did gelish manicure.. and will be going for hair cut arnd last trimester.. i think short hair is easier when you need to care for babies... now i having waist length hair...

I cut my hair many times during first pregnancy. No issue. Didn't colour though. Also did gelish at home many times but try to go for those home based with good ventilation. Request to open the windows instead of inside enclosed room. The smell might be too strong for you.

I won't suggest you to do both of them due to superstition. Please avoid cutting or even trimming your hair and get your nails painted.
Enjoy your pregnancy days and don't get your day ruin by your bad hair or nails.

Enjoy this moment of yours like how I used to. You will get used to it and properly miss it after delivery:)

Some people tell me any chemical treatments are to be avoided, while some say can do as long as they don't touch your scalp and roots. I shall check with my gynae on my 1st appt cos I wanna do hair treatment (no rebond, no colour) and cut my hair.

Dont' do rebond during pregnancy, I learn it the hard way.. hair all cui after doing coz of the hormones change :mad:.. I did cut, dye and do mani pedi during pregnancy but gynae advise really want pls wait till 2nd tri.

Will try to avoid all chemical treatments as some are really quite toxic...

Understand that sometimes being pregnant we might feel "not too good" about ourselves so want to doll up.. Maybe can opt for regular hair wash in salon so can relax and have nice nice hair wash n blow?

I perm my hair few days ago. Now last trimester.. so far ok... hair ok.. body ok.. babies also ok.. i dun think chemical will harm u or baby coz the percentage that chemical will be absorb into ur body is very tiny. But is whether u can endure the chemical smell, the heat from the machine and sitting in the salon for 3 hrs...

Complaint against Snip Avenue Hair Salon (Blk 273C Punggol Place #01-878 Singapore 823273)
I am looking for a regular hair salon. I decided to try hair re-bonding in Snip Avenue. The following is my experience.

A manager lady Vicky pestered me to sign hair service packages when I stepped in. During hair re-bonding, I was pestered by Vicky to sign hair services again. I rejected her and she became rude and negative.

She added extra hair treatment and services without my permission! I had to pay extra $130 dollars for services I didn't need or ask for.

The salon was very dirty with exceptionally a lot of hair. Instead sweeping the floor, Vicky was gossiping about sexual
perversions and made discriminating remarks about man publicly. It was disturbing for me and other customers.

I was insisted to fill in many personal details on a form without the PDPA disclaimer. Many personal details was unnecessary for hair salon to collect. Vickly was unhappy I didn't want to provide.

By cheating me an extra of $130 dollars for additional hair treatment/services without my consent caused me to lost trust in Vicky or Snip Avenue. No future business from me, my family and friends for them anymore.

Snip Avenue gave a very bad impression/image. I will never go back to Snip Avenue Punggol or any branches again.

Back