December 2017 mummies

Did they give u medication or make u do a progesterone blood test?
My wife have slight bleeding for 1day in her 5th week. Send to kkh og24. From ultrasounds, not conclusive. Never give her injection or medication.
But made her do the beta hcg test and progesterone test.

So if I didn't remember wrongly, the progesterone results have to be more than 31 in order to be less prone to miscarriage.

If less than 31, I think will be prescribe some pills to stablise. I ask my gynae subsequently after that, he mentioned some doctors will just prescribe the pills without checking the progesterone level.

I did FET at NUH.. they only did beta test and nothing else.
They had been prescribing several progesterone medication and injections after the beta test until 12weeks.
After the first bleeding, Gynae did not do any further test except for ultrasound.. it was at 6 weeks when i first had my bleeding..
Ultrasound only shown a sac.. nothing else..

Hi ladies.. i am currently 7.2 wks.. i had my second brown bleeding again.. should i be worried? Only slight cramping.. for my first bleeding i went to A&E and everything looks fine.. but i cant understand why am i bleeding again? :(
First pregnancy?

They had been prescribing several progesterone medication and injections after the beta test until 12weeks.
After the first bleeding, Gynae did not do any further test except for ultrasound.. it was at 6 weeks when i first had my bleeding..
Nuh won't scan many time... I suggest u have plenty bed rest and possible don't travel
if this is ur first pregnancy, I will say it normal yet not common.... Especially for first ivf and Pregnancy

I was bleeding 4 months for my first pregnancy through ivf
doc can't explain but told me to bed rest and no stress.... I got injection for 3 times a week.... And my bleed can wet a pad like normal Menses... Very scary

My wife ultrasounds at 5+weeks sees nothing. At 6weeks, say a sac and a component inside which I call it yolk.

Spotting if u Google is not clear indication of anything
1. Might be risk of miscarriage.
2. Nothing, some pregnant ladies spots for the entire pregnancy or 1St trimester.

Depends on u, I am super worried and kiasu type. I also see a Chinese physician in bukit batok. She prescribe "stable pregnancy" medication which my wife is still taking daily even at 10w3d.

If u keen, I can share u the Chinese physician namecard.
But note, my kkh gynae not approved on the Chinese medication as he do not know what's the content inside.

Today woke up late morning before any meal or water, I had a heavy gush of blood flowed out from me when I sneezed! I was so scared at the sight of so much blood on my pantyliner as past few weeks my spotting is only 1 - 3 small drop of light brown spots but this time is all blood in dark red colour! Went to emergency at Thomson to see my previous gynae as my current gynae is not available due to surgery appt. The scan turned out to be good! Baby is growing well, heartbeat still there with strong beating! Placenta is good and womb looks good too. Doc can't explain why got such sudden bleeding, gave me Proluton jab and increase my daily Duphaston to 3 instead of 2. God is so good to me and protect my baby even though there is so much bleeding. So mummies try not to be so worried if u have spotting. As long as there isn't cramp or pain, your baby will be perfectly ok! Now I have to have alot of bed rest and will go for another scan again to make sure all is doing good.

Today woke up late morning before any meal or water, I had a heavy gush of blood flowed out from me when I sneezed! I was so scared at the sight of so much blood on my pantyliner as past few weeks my spotting is only 1 - 3 small drop of light brown spots but this time is all blood in dark red colour! Went to emergency at Thomson to see my previous gynae as my current gynae is not available due to surgery appt. The scan turned out to be good! Baby is growing well, heartbeat still there with strong beating! Placenta is good and womb looks good too. Doc can't explain why got such sudden bleeding, gave me Proluton jab and increase my daily Duphaston to 3 instead of 2. God is so good to me and protect my baby even though there is so much bleeding. So mummies try not to be so worried if u have spotting. As long as there isn't cramp or pain, your baby will be perfectly ok! Now I have to have alot of bed rest and will go for another scan again to make sure all is doing good.
Really glad to hear that!! Have a good rest! Thanks also for the encouragement.

Hello Mummies to be!
I'm new in this forum although not a first time mummy.
Took 3 test kit and results show positive. However I'm having slight bleeding now. I did not experience this for my past 2 pregnancies. Should I be paranoid?

Btw, do ya have any group chat?:)

Good to hear that... I am also having slight brown discharge so am monitoring and having more bedrest nowadays before my gynae appt next week... Jiayou everyone! 8 more months to go...

What a scary experience! Thankfully everything is fine. Hang in there!!

What a scary experience! Thankfully everything is fine. Hang in there!!
Yeah.. Today I still have that bleeding but not as much as yesterday. I read dat if everything is fine with the baby, placenta, womb and ovaries, it could be breakthrough bleeding. Which means this only happen at 4, 8 and 12 weeks where our monthly menses supposed to come. Cos the hormones are still sorting out itself and thus not at the right level, the body thought there will be menses and thus will have some bleeding for few days. This will pass after week 12 when the placenta take over to produce the hormones. In fact this is my week 8 and it's only supposed to be time of the month. So I presume it should be breakthrough bleeding.

Yeah.. Today I still have that bleeding but not as much as yesterday. I read dat if everything is fine with the baby, placenta, womb and ovaries, it could be breakthrough bleeding. Which means this only happen at 4, 8 and 12 weeks where our monthly menses supposed to come. Cos the hormones are still sorting out itself and thus not at the right level, the body thought there will be menses and thus will have some bleeding for few days. This will pass after week 12 when the placenta take over to produce the hormones. In fact this is my week 8 and it's only supposed to be time of the month. So I presume it should be breakthrough bleeding.
Oh? So interesting.. our bodies are super amazing man.. my hubby was so apologetic to me yesterday cuz he saw how bad my MS was.. so poor thing also..

Hihi, I'm new here. I'm 4w4days preg today. Experienced clear discharge since yesterday. Anybody can advise ? No spotting at all. Breast soreness getting less this week. Is this normal ?

Hi Mummies,
First time pregnant here. 5 weeks now. ETA Dec.

Experiencing quite bad nausea and vomiting.
Was prescribed Diclectin in NUH. Helps relieve the symptoms pretty well.
Only problem, slight drowsiness few hours later after consuming it.

Any mummies know which private Obstetrics prescribed this drug? NUH takes a pretty long time to dispense medication.
Thank you!
Shijiaxin! Thanks! Thanks for the encouragement words!
Anyone EDD at ard 21Dec?
Me! EDD ard 21Dec

Hi all, i had one miscarriage and one stillborn last year and am recently pregnant again. To be honest, I'm very fearful that history might repeat itself again and that all the terrible morning sickness and multiple injections that I'm enduring now will all go in vain.

Hi all, i had one miscarriage and one stillborn last year and am recently pregnant again. To be honest, I'm very fearful that history might repeat itself again and that all the terrible morning sickness and multiple injections that I'm enduring now will all go in vain.

Hugs. Please stay positive and hopeful although it is not easy.

My wife ultrasounds at 5+weeks sees nothing. At 6weeks, say a sac and a component inside which I call it yolk.

Spotting if u Google is not clear indication of anything
1. Might be risk of miscarriage.
2. Nothing, some pregnant ladies spots for the entire pregnancy or 1St trimester.

Depends on u, I am super worried and kiasu type. I also see a Chinese physician in bukit batok. She prescribe "stable pregnancy" medication which my wife is still taking daily even at 10w3d.

If u keen, I can share u the Chinese physician namecard.
But note, my kkh gynae not approved on the Chinese medication as he do not know what's the content inside.

If you really prefer Chinese medication, visit SGH, TTSH, Raffles hospital, Kwong Wai Shiu Hospital. They have guidelines to follow and are responsible for medications they dispensed.

Don't go to those private clinic that can shrug responsibility away easily when something happen
My good friend suspect her miscarriage was due to taking "stable pregnancy" supplement from the Chinese physician
TCM private physician told her many other possibility apart from chinese medications. OB told her she can't write off the Chinese medication as a possible cause.

Hi mummies, I just done my confinement and do have a recommendation of my confinement lady to others mom-to-be out here. You don't have to worry about if you engaged her. She's from Malaysia with 2 years professional experienced from confinement center and 8 years experienced as a freelance CL. Some CL are relatively cheap but I go for quality rather than cost.
She takes good care of me, especially for my baby. She's very concerned, being patient to my daughter and really shows love. My daughter stays with her every night and she responsibility.
She make everything run smoothly during my confinement. As a new mom, I don't need to worried about and I can fully trust on her.
By the way, her cooking was pretty good.
I've learnt a lot from her of how to take care of a baby and of course of her professional, I did extended her for a month.
If any Mommy wants to get more information of my CL, here's her WhatsApp or call to +601136539563.

How true is the "no cutting of hair" during pregnancy? Cannot imagine not cutting for the next 8 months when its already at chest level...

Hug hug, get plenty of rest, stay positive.

hi everyone :) i'm 7 weeks currently (according to a pregnancy calculator app hahaha) and i went to my 1st prenatal appt at KKH at 5 weeks. gynae tried to do abdominal scan but couldnt see anything as he expected (he did assure me that it is rather early to see anything). i'm scheduled for a scan at AMC at 8 weeks (next week) and i can't wait! hope that everything goes well.

morning sickness has been pretty bad though ; puked once at work and every morning is a struggle... any tips on how to overcome?

thanks and all the best to all of you mummies to be

hi everyone :) i'm 7 weeks currently (according to a pregnancy calculator app hahaha) and i went to my 1st prenatal appt at KKH at 5 weeks. gynae tried to do abdominal scan but couldnt see anything as he expected (he did assure me that it is rather early to see anything). i'm scheduled for a scan at AMC at 8 weeks (next week) and i can't wait! hope that everything goes well.

morning sickness has been pretty bad though ; puked once at work and every morning is a struggle... any tips on how to overcome?

thanks and all the best to all of you mummies to be

Congrats! My gynae could only see a sac at 5 weeks too. The baby is not formed yet. But at 7 to 8 weeks, you should be able to see a tiny pea.

As for morning sickness... I try not to think of certain food because the thought of oily/fried/heavy food makes me nauseous. I also drink warm water instead of cold/room temperature water. Have you tried the traditional method of sucking on sour plums? But don't take so much... preserved fruits are high in sodium. :)

Hi, I experienced pinkish and dark discharge. Doc say not promising. 5th week Preg. Anyone experienced this ?

Was it blood-like streaks in your discharge? Was it bright red (fresh blood) or brownish (old blood)? Did he take a blood test to check your HCG levels?

I am progressing on to week 10 and scheduled for oscar and harmony in 2 weeks. Lately my appetite is better nausea too. *fingers crossed*

Im currently in week 11 but my edd is in nov but hw come urs can drag until dec so far away?

Im currently in week 11 but my edd is in nov but hw come urs can drag until dec so far away?
That lalamoo sent you here to check on me?

You do know the meaning of PROGRESSING ONTO? so week 9 now, going onto week 10 next week, you go do your math. And edd is given first week dec and if you dont already know, edd is an estimation. There are chances you pop 2 weeks earlier or 1 week later?

Newsflash: 1 Dec is actually the next day of 30 Nov.

Geeesh.

Last edited:
Dont get it. Whats with the questioning of edd and people being so adament about edd? 1) what do one gain from 'bluffing' edd 2) did this forum engage some police to monitor people's edd?

That lalamoo sent you here to check on me?

You do know the meaning of PROGRESSING ONTO? so week 9 now, going onto week 10 next week, you go do your math. And edd is given first week dec and if you dont already know, edd is an estimation. There are chances you pop 2 weeks earlier or 1 week later?

Newsflash: 1 Dec is actually the next day of 30 Nov.

Geeesh.

Im just curious how come urs is different frm mine. Though we are just 1 week apart n Why does it got to do with other ppl? U mean if any stranger come n ask u question u will just link to lalamoo?

Im just curious how come urs is different frm mine. Though we are just 1 week apart n Why does it got to do with other ppl? U mean if any stranger come n ask u question u will just link to lalamoo?
Why cant i be different from you? We are not 1 week apart. Because the both of you are jn the nov groupchat and are so hung up about my edd.does ur baby being born in nov makes it more superior?

Why cant i be different from you? We are not 1 week apart. Because the both of you are jn the nov groupchat and are so hung up about my edd.does ur baby being born in nov makes it more superior?

In the same group doesn mean we will know each other. Imagine if the group has 100 or 200 pax in it can you catch up those msg n which mummy has type in those msg? So dun assume that i ask u question meaning im send by lalamoo

In the same group doesn mean we will know each other. Imagine if the group has 80 pax in it can you catch up those msg n which mummy has type in those msg? So dun assume that i ask u question meaning im send by lalamoo

Oh pls, the both if you were chattering non stop in the group. So why are you so hung up over my edd?

U assumed and implied i am lying about my edd as well, so what do i gain from that?

Hi Snow, I assumed you are not a first time mom? Maybe you can share your experience, what will happen if a mother's edd is in Dec but she is in week 10? Is it a cause for a concern? Need to check with the gynae?

Aiyo... Relax la... Its not a big issue... Edd is only an estimate... My first scan shows 5 Dec and 2nd scan shows 3 Dec... And it really depends on individual... Just move on from this topic la
So it doesnt matter? Phew. Scared me sia. I thought something is wrong. Cuz I am also on week 10 and Gynae told me due December 1. If really so inaccurate then I need to change gynae already. Haha

During my 1st scan, my EDD was shown as 11 Dec. But during my 2nd scan 2 weeks later, my EDD moved to 19 Dec. It's normal for EDD to be more accurate as your baby grows and they are able to measure it better.

Even if one's EDD is 5 Dec, she may pop 2 weeks earlier than estimated (it is an estimation afterall) and end up as a Nov Mommy. Unless you opt for elective/planned Cesarean then you'll know your due date is more or less confirmed.

I've also asked questions on the Nov 2017 board and had my enquires answered depite being a Dec Mommy... Haha. I think let's not be so uptight about someone's EDD. Afterall this board is to help one another right? If she can't find her answers here, then it's natural for her to move to other boards where mummies have well progressed into their pregnancies and are better able to answer her questions? :)

During my 1st scan, my EDD was shown as 11 Dec. But during my 2nd scan 2 weeks later, my EDD moved to 19 Dec. It's normal for EDD to be more accurate as your baby grows and they are able to measure it better.

Even if one's EDD is 5 Dec, she may pop 2 weeks earlier than estimated (it is an estimation afterall) and end up as a Nov Mommy. Unless you opt for elective/planned Cesarean then you'll know your due date is more or less confirmed.

I've also asked questions on the Nov 2017 board and had my enquires answered depite being a Dec Mommy... Haha. I think let's not be so uptight about someone's EDD. Afterall this board is to help one another right? If she can't find her answers here, then it's natural for her to move to other boards where mummies have well progressed into their pregnancies and are better able to answer her questions? :)
Finally someone that makes sense.

During my early stage, i estimated my edd to be end nov and a dec thread wasnt set up. So i went to nov to ask questions and joined the nov WA. However i left cos it was moving too much and i just shared my view that as a ftm the chat might be too overwhelming and i got questioned that if my edd is in dec what am i doing in nov. As if i committed a crime.

Never knew come forum also must show proof one leh. Whats so sacred about the nov group?

Edd is an indicative date, i know so many people giving birth before their edd and i am sure non ftm should know that. Strangely only 2 particular person from the nov mtb are so hung up over my edd.

Back