IVF/ICSI Support Group

Mine is fet cycle transferred 2 blast

How is the fet process? similar to ivf fresh? got injections?

To ladies in general: After failed cycle, did your doctor able to give you the reason? Dunno if I want to spend $100+ just for consultation when the doctor also cant give the reason.

To ladies in general: After failed cycle, did your doctor able to give you the reason? Dunno if I want to spend $100+ just for consultation when the doctor also cant give the reason.

Mostly their reason is chromosome abnorm..unexplained

Usually if it's bfn, no reason. But you can discuss what to do next, like next cycle, change meds, additional tests, etc. and if u hv to do another fresh, u can save time by confirming when you will do it and putting urself in the queue.

I hear of embryo glue but it doesn't seem to be widely used in Sgp. At least The embryologist at TFC where I did my Ivf never mentioned it while they focus on ICSI fertilisation skills, proper treatment (centrifugal wash if needed before swim up and selection) of sperms, appropriate culture medium that support cleavage stage embryos and further culturing to day-5 if needed, and assisted hatching if needed esp for frozen cycles.

We were dealing with poor sperm quality and Ivf was our only hope. No issue on my side but as I started Ivf, I realised advanced age did have an impact on my egg quality. Apart from eating healthy balanced meals, cut out processed foods and toxic household or personal care products as much as possible, I did brisk walking to enhance blood circulation and attended Tcm acupuncture by Dr Seah Ai Wei from Thomson TCM. Supplements I took include prenatal multivitamin tablets which included folic acid, CoQ10, Royal jelly capsule and Dhea (2x25mg daily). Dhea was suggested by doc. I also took high protein rich foods like eggs, chicken or beef essence and also foods that supposedly aid implantation like brazil nuts, walnuts, avocadoes, mixed beans cooked with porridge or with pork bone broth.

I started all these measures after failing my first fresh cycle in Jan 2015. I succeeded at FET in Dec 2015 with eggs from my 3rd fresh cycle in Sep 2015. By then, we saw very good improvement in both hubby's sperms and my egg quality. We managed to have good number of embryos from 3rd fresh to try culture to day-5 blastocysts for the first time. I also did intralipid for my ETs since my 2nd transfers as my doc applies this as prevention measure against possible autoimmune issues. I didn't do endo scratch as my doc advised that my womb is fine with ideal thickness and triple lining for every ET so he feels that I do not need it.

Sgp law doesn't allow PGD testing unless you have genetic medical reason. I was getting frustrated after repeated failures having transferred good or excellent looking embryos but not knowing if they were chromosomally normal. I had already prepared to consult dr Choolani clinic for reproductive immunology testing as well as to do next Ivf at Safe under Dr Wiwat in Bangkok if my last FET wasn't successful. I chose dr Wiwat as I know a number of success stories with him from women who are advanced age and/or with Low or diminished ovarian reserve.

Don't give up hope. This journey requires much perseverance. It is not easy but to stop trying will never get you there. At least we tried and have no regrets.
Hi sister , saw your last year post , have you ivf under wiwat at blk?

Hi all,

How many cycles of ivf/fet do u ladies have done? How did you persevere?

I just failed my first ivf fresh transfer. Feeling hopeless. Going back to company soon and don't want to face my bosses or colleagues. Anyone accepted a childless life already?
Hihi, i've done 3 iuis and 1 fresh ivf, all failed... i cried a lot after i failed my 1st 2 iuis, after my 3rd failed iui, im like haiz, fail again. No more crying. I was too stress and overloaded at work, so quit my job and found a more relax job. After about a yr then i do my 1st ivf, i thought no more work stress and able to really rest when i'm on leave but still fail. I feel hopeless too especially when i'm turning 37 soon. Time is just running out. I think i will try another 2 ivfs in which i can still claim from medisave. If i don't succeed, i may have to give up
Meanwhile lets all jiayou and get bfp soon

@DawnBB seldom login now coz she has delivered last year and is caring for her baby. She bfp-ed under SF Loh if i din remember wrongly.
hi winniepooh,
yes she bfp under dr loh. she was thinking of thailand if the 1 with dr loh didnt succeed. but she succeed. dawnbb was a very nice lady who offered many good advice when she was active in e forum. how are u now? feeling better? since u got blastocyst before dun worrie too much first. who knows this rnd u may succeed since able to manage to blastocyst stage from last cycle.

Hi

Letting go below

Puregon: ~200-300 iu $40, with 4 new needles
Duphaston 10mg: 27/30 pills at 30$, expiry 2020
Utrogestan 100mg: 23 pills at 30$, expiry 2019

Items will be mailed.

Please PM if interested.

Anyone did not bed rest for few days after ET and did bfp?

I have been walking a lot, bending and squatting. Carry laptop. Worry that I am over exert on my uterus.

Hi Ladies

I am over 40 now and plan to do IVF...
Have a mix feeling if i can go through this IVF journey as i am not young anymore :(

I am going to see Prof PC Wong NUH, as last year tried 3x IUI but failed .... sigh !!

Not sure if Prof will give me short or long protocol ... anyone can share what is the diff between this 2 approach ? Which one is better ?

7940dacba768578ef3656d1970a6f318.jpg

To bless...Self collect at Sengkang..PM me if you are interested:)

hi winniepooh,
yes she bfp under dr loh. she was thinking of thailand if the 1 with dr loh didnt succeed. but she succeed. dawnbb was a very nice lady who offered many good advice when she was active in e forum. how are u now? feeling better? since u got blastocyst before dun worrie too much first. who knows this rnd u may succeed since able to manage to blastocyst stage from last cycle.
I did scan today 8 follicles found , range from 13-18mm, my embryo never last to day 5 in history record . Pray hard for it

Hi Ladies

I am over 40 now and plan to do IVF...
Have a mix feeling if i can go through this IVF journey as i am not young anymore :(

I am going to see Prof PC Wong NUH, as last year tried 3x IUI but failed .... sigh !!

Not sure if Prof will give me short or long protocol ... anyone can share what is the diff between this 2 approach ? Which one is better ?

All the best brysonmum! Well no harm trying IVF but u do knw the risk n chances of success since ur over 40. Short protocol is starting stimm immediately after yr menses without any medication. Long protocol is taking medication to control yr cycle before starting stimm ( ie NUH presc Nore for 9-11days). Whereas KKH doesnt presc Nore. In NUH is long protocol. Wish u all the very best!

Intralipid is b4 et right? N is not a support right

Ya tink its bef ET and tink a few sessions after ET too. Some say its not proven to help so Im not sure

I consulted dr sf loh for intralipids. The frequency is drip few days before ET then drip again once bfp. But after 2nd thoughts i consulted dr shiela vasoo instead and was prescribed with prednisolone instead as she found that its not necessary for me to drip intralipids.

I consulted dr sf loh for intralipids. The frequency is drip few days before ET then drip again once bfp. But after 2nd thoughts i consulted dr shiela vasoo instead and was prescribed with prednisolone instead as she found that its not necessary for me to drip intralipids.

I m thinking jabbing proluton after et dunno it helps o not

Could u advice/ explain more on the purpose of prednisolone? First I hear of it.

Could u advice/ explain more on the purpose of prednisolone? First I hear of it.

Prednisolone is a steroid use to counter any inflammation issues within our body. Its pretty common as i was also prescribed with prednisolone for serious bout of flu by my GP.

I had auto-immunity issues and dr shiela vasoo prescribed me with prednisolone as a preventive measure instead of lipids as there are also adverse impacts of dripping lipids.

All the best brysonmum! Well no harm trying IVF but u do knw the risk n chances of success since ur over 40. Short protocol is starting stimm immediately after yr menses without any medication. Long protocol is taking medication to control yr cycle before starting stimm ( ie NUH presc Nore for 9-11days). Whereas KKH doesnt presc Nore. In NUH is long protocol. Wish u all the very best!

Thanks Diane26
Maybe i am too old to try to preganant hehe
Anyone here who are 40 plus and trying for ivf ? How many percent the success rate ? How your body react to all the medicine of the entiry ivf jorney ... please share with me

Thanksss

Prednisolone is a steroid use to counter any inflammation issues within our body. Its pretty common as i was also prescribed with prednisolone for serious bout of flu by my GP.

I had auto-immunity issues and dr shiela vasoo prescribed me with prednisolone as a preventive measure instead of lipids as there are also adverse impacts of dripping lipids.

Im not sure if i have any auto-immune issues. How to find out? So far i dont think nuh presc any..

Did u ask dr sheila does intralipids really helps??

Did u ask dr sheila does intralipids really helps??

She said its not proven and it depends on each individual patient's profile. For me she felt prednisolone works so no need to overkill with lipids and i also heard from my gp that she had a patient that dripped lipids and ended up having oil clots in her brains and she went into coma.

I used to have hives outbreak out of sudden for couple of months but not now..i used to see dermatologist for that and take anti-histamine. Not sure if this is an auto-immune prob. I will check again.

Thyroid issues, antibodies, lupus (serious bout of unexplained high fever, joints pain) , sticky blood, vit D deficiencies are some of the auto immunity issues which prevents our embryos from implantation or prevents us to carry the fetus to due. Good to get yourself checked if you had bfns despite transferring good grade embryos and nice endo too.

Last edited:

Thyroid issues, antibodies, lupus (serious bout of unexplained high fever, joints pain) , sticky blood, vit D deficiencies are some of the auto immunity issues which prevents our embryos from implantation or prevents us to carry the fetus to due. Good to get yourself checked if you had bfns despite transferring good grade embryos and good endo too.

hi daylesford, thank you for your advice. your post above reminds me of my elevated level of ESR readings from past years' health screening. I did ask kkh's ivf team doctor whether this will pose as a problem but was told since I've been having it for the last few years, it shouldn't affect anything. now I'm not sure.... :(

my tww is ending soon but I don't have a good feeling about the result..

Back