2017 IVF mummies

I went to see dr tan today. He scanned but only found a sac. Is this a norm for my first scan?
My first scan only saw a sac. I forgot ask got yolk a not also.
Doctor say mine was week 5 pregnancy no heart beat normal. So dont be too worry.
Went see tcm get some an tai capsule thou on monday but forgot to bring my printout of the sac to show her thou.
Next scan is 3 weeks later.

Hi I just feel sad im now 7w4d just had my 4th scan today but still no hb, ob said might be miscarry & suggest to do d&c soon. I really dont know how I feel. I have appt on monday to do scan again & need to decide that day if still no hb, dr suggest to do d&c the next day.

Hi I just feel sad im now 7w4d just had my 4th scan today but still no hb, ob said might be miscarry & suggest to do d&c soon. I really dont know how I feel. I have appt on monday to do scan again & need to decide that day if still no hb, dr suggest to do d&c the next day.
Sorry to hear this.. I dunno what's best to say, just continue to pray for miracles. I will keep u in my prayer too..

Jia you.

By the way was anyone else here prescribed aspirin after embryo transfer?
I eat blackmores conceive well supplements that also include fish oil..saw some warnings online that if I eat aspirin I should ask doc if can eat fish oil? Anyone knows anything about this?

Hi ladies,

I have been reading your posts and glad to learn so much from all of you. I'm going for medicated FET soon, but I'm worried about my lining. Can I know what is the idea thickness? I'm drinking red bean soup now to help in the lining. I saw some thread that if too thick will also result in FET being cancelled? Is that true?

Hi ladies,

I have been reading your posts and glad to learn so much from all of you. I'm going for medicated FET soon, but I'm worried about my lining. Can I know what is the idea thickness? I'm drinking red bean soup now to help in the lining. I saw some thread that if too thick will also result in FET being cancelled? Is that true?

Hi Piroteus,
From my experience at kkh, once the lining is >8mm they stop doing ultrasound and start arranging the date for my embryo transfer..

Hi Piroteus,
From my experience at kkh, once the lining is >8mm they stop doing ultrasound and start arranging the date for my embryo transfer..

Hi Rinapua85, thanks thanks. Hopefully drinking red bean soup helps to increase my lining to be > 8mm, my period have not been heavy recently. :(

Hi Rinapua85, thanks thanks. Hopefully drinking red bean soup helps to increase my lining to be > 8mm, my period have not been heavy recently. :(

Hmmm...yea I also felt that my period these few years have not been as heavy..must b getting older
I tried drinking red bean soup initially too...but after the first round I got lazy lol...and I'm not really sure how effective red bean soup is...now I rely on tcm and accupuncture during FET...
my gynae encourages accupuncture..and I did it for my 2nd round (chemical preg) but I kinda hated it..
tried to avoid it for my 3rd round..but when my 3rd round lining took longer to thicken, I ran straight back to accupuncture...
I'm in my 3rd round 2ww now

Hmmm...yea I also felt that my period these few years have not been as heavy..must b getting older
I tried drinking red bean soup initially too...but after the first round I got lazy lol...and I'm not really sure how effective red bean soup is...now I rely on tcm and accupuncture during FET...
my gynae encourages accupuncture..and I did it for my 2nd round (chemical preg) but I kinda hated it..
tried to avoid it for my 3rd round..but when my 3rd round lining took longer to thicken, I ran straight back to accupuncture...
I'm in my 3rd round 2ww now

Oh!! Good luck for your 2ww!

I used to go Tcm for tiao body but it gave me a lot of problems. So I stopped going. Also the cost is very high and not effective for me.

Oh!! Good luck for your 2ww!

I used to go Tcm for tiao body but it gave me a lot of problems. So I stopped going. Also the cost is very high and not effective for me.

I went dr zou yumin for accupunture after transfer to help implant. $40 for front n back accupunture. Pretty reasonable.

I went dr zou yumin for accupunture after transfer to help implant. $40 for front n back accupunture. Pretty reasonable.

Oh! The price is reasonable.

The Tcm I went to last time, each time is around $200 plus medicine. There is no acupuncture.

Thanks daledale

By the way was anyone else here prescribed aspirin after embryo transfer?
I eat blackmores conceive well supplements that also include fish oil..saw some warnings online that if I eat aspirin I should ask doc if can eat fish oil? Anyone knows anything about this?

Hi I was prescribed aspirin after embryo transfer all the way up to week 12.

I stopped all supplements when I started my FET. Started again only in 2nd tri because I just followed doc instructions.

Aspirin is a blood thinner and so is DHA I think. I only started taking DHA after I stopped aspirin.

Anyway I read somewhere it's not advisable to do prenatal supplements in the first tri. Checked the same with my doc. But he didn't explain why. Only folic acid is a must in first tri and ur o&g shd have prescribed that anyway.

Hi I was prescribed aspirin after embryo transfer all the way up to week 12.

I stopped all supplements when I started my FET. Started again only in 2nd tri because I just followed doc instructions.

Aspirin is a blood thinner and so is DHA I think. I only started taking DHA after I stopped aspirin.

Anyway I read somewhere it's not advisable to do prenatal supplements in the first tri. Checked the same with my doc. But he didn't explain why. Only folic acid is a must in first tri and ur o&g shd have prescribed that anyway.

Thanks for your advice, I guess prenatal supplements maybe not recommended cos they scared over dosage?
By the way do you know why you were prescribed aspirin? My doc just say it may help my chances...I was wondering if it's because I have high cholesterol?

Thanks for your advice, I guess prenatal supplements maybe not recommended cos they scared over dosage?
By the way do you know why you were prescribed aspirin? My doc just say it may help my chances...I was wondering if it's because I have high cholesterol?

For me, I had a miscarriage last year. Miscarriages may be due to a number of reasons, usually unknown becos doctors do not recommend any testing if it's just 1 time. One of this reasons is blood too "thick". This means the baby may not be able to get sufficient nutrients from the mother. I wasn't told I had thick blood, I don't even know if I was tested for it lol. But my doctor recommended it so I just took.

My friend miscarried twice and checked her blood, was borderline for this "thick blood" condition (sorry I forgot the scientific name for it). She managed to give birth to her daughter in her 3rd pregnancy thanks to aspirin taken till wk 35.

Btw, DHA apparently also not recommended to take after 7th month of pregnancy. Due to blood thinning properties. But I think depends on the dosage u're taking. Just take note or research or ask ur doc k.

If u Google, u will find conflicting opinions about aspirin taken prior to a positive beta test, i.e. Some opinions r it may interfere with implantation. But I think most impt is to trust ur doc. I was doubtful once but decided to trust my doc. And so far so good, tho it's still early to tell (I'm only 16 weeks).

For me, I had a miscarriage last year. Miscarriages may be due to a number of reasons, usually unknown becos doctors do not recommend any testing if it's just 1 time. One of this reasons is blood too "thick". This means the baby may not be able to get sufficient nutrients from the mother. I wasn't told I had thick blood, I don't even know if I was tested for it lol. But my doctor recommended it so I just took.

My friend miscarried twice and checked her blood, was borderline for this "thick blood" condition (sorry I forgot the scientific name for it). She managed to give birth to her daughter in her 3rd pregnancy thanks to aspirin taken till wk 35.

Btw, DHA apparently also not recommended to take after 7th month of pregnancy. Due to blood thinning properties. But I think depends on the dosage u're taking. Just take note or research or ask ur doc k.

If u Google, u will find conflicting opinions about aspirin taken prior to a positive beta test, i.e. Some opinions r it may interfere with implantation. But I think most impt is to trust ur doc. I was doubtful once but decided to trust my doc. And so far so good, tho it's still early to tell (I'm only 16 weeks).

Yes I do trust that taking aspirin is the right form of treatment for me..I have very high cholesterol and that is one of the group with tendency for having blood viscosity issue...

but actually when i check my old blood count numbers my Haematocrit levels (One of the factors determining viscosity) seem to be within range..

Anyhow, hopefully with aspirin it will work this round

Sorry to hear about your miscarriage, best of luck to keep this baby to full term!

Last edited:
Hello ladies!
Would like to join u all in this thread as i was tested positive betahcg 2k from my recent FET and now waiting for my wk6 scan. My EDD will be 1Jan18 but this will be my no.2 and i may potentially pop by 2017.

Hello ladies!
Would like to join u all in this thread as i was tested positive betahcg 2k from my recent FET and now waiting for my wk6 scan. My EDD will be 1Jan18 but this will be my no.2 and i may potentially pop by 2017.

Big Congrats!! Nice EDD date.
I'm waiting for wk12 Oscar scan next, now just started wk9:)

Big Congrats!! Nice EDD date.
I'm waiting for wk12 Oscar scan next, now just started wk9:)

Thanks :) ... all i pray for is a smooth journey this time round as i had spotting/staining as early as 4dp-8dp and also many spotting / massive bleeding episodes during my 1st pregnancy.

Hello, any ladies BFP here after recurrent chemical pregnancies? And if so, what changes did doctor make to your cycle for a viable pregnancy the next round?

Hello all 2017 IVF mummies!

Glad to find this thread! I'm new to IVF and had ER in Feb. Was supposed to do the transfer after my 2nd menses after ER. During my 1st scan on CD1 my lining was 3.8mm, doctor put me on Progynova 2mg 2tabs 3 times a day. On CD8 2nd scan, lining only increased to 4mm. My doctor then increase the dosage to 2tabs 4 times a day plus Oestrogel apply daily.

Yesterday I went back for scan, lining was barely even 7mm. So transfer cancelled this cycle.

Any mummies here have experienced thin lining and what did your doctor advise to do? My doctor actually mentioned that he will put me on Gonal F next cycle but isn't Gonal F for follicle stimulation ? I'm confused here.

Appreciate some advise from all mummies and mummies to be here. thanks a million!

Glad to find this thread! I'm new to IVF and had ER in Feb. Was supposed to do the transfer after my 2nd menses after ER. During my 1st scan on CD1 my lining was 3.8mm, doctor put me on Progynova 2mg 2tabs 3 times a day. On CD8 2nd scan, lining only increased to 4mm. My doctor then increase the dosage to 2tabs 4 times a day plus Oestrogel apply daily.

Yesterday I went back for scan, lining was barely even 7mm. So transfer cancelled this cycle.

Any mummies here have experienced thin lining and what did your doctor advise to do? My doctor actually mentioned that he will put me on Gonal F next cycle but isn't Gonal F for follicle stimulation ? I'm confused here.

Appreciate some advise from all mummies and mummies to be here. thanks a million!
Which hospital are u in? My 1st scan i wan only 5.6 dan 2nd scan 6.8mm only till 3rd scan dan hit 8.6mm for my frozen cycle...

Gornal f also help in lining according to tcm.
Try take more red bean soup and protein?

I had thin lining in my sept/oct cycle
Besides oestrogel apply daily n progynova I Aso went for accupuncture every alternate day. Manage to meet the minimum requirement before my dr says go ahead w fet. Manage to bfp n I m at wk29 now
Congrats sis! That's very good news! Which tcm u went for acupuncture? How long did u acupuncture for before Fet?

Gornal f also help in lining according to tcm.
Try take more red bean soup and protein?
I'm 2 weeks to my next menses (hopefully it comes on time). I tried red bean soup, POM juice and Brazil nuts. It did increase during my last scan but not enough to achieve the min requirement do u think if I continue with those now (red bean Pom juice and Brazil nuts) will help in my next cycle? Currently stopped meds until next menses

Hahah i know i feel u ... no worries i oso like that wan !!! That's y join this forum too..
:D hehe glad to know that. Sometimes I thought I'm abit overly obsessed to search for answer :p

Oh ya, did u go to Dr zou yumin for tcm? What was your protocol for tcm? I'm going this weekend, was thinking what to expect. :)

:D hehe glad to know that. Sometimes I thought I'm abit overly obsessed to search for answer

Oh ya, did u go to Dr zou yumin for tcm? What was your protocol for tcm? I'm going this weekend, was thinking what to expect. :)
Yes i went to see dr zou, bring all the report to her if u have so that she can analysis...

Congrats sis! That's very good news! Which tcm u went for acupuncture? How long did u acupuncture for before Fet?

Which pte clinic are u with? I m w pte too. I went to tang shan at Marine Parade look for dr Albert yu but I heard they just move to level 2 i12.. I did accupuncture 1 week plus before fet.
Dun go into rush if lining really can't meet. Wait another month, I believe no rushing but make sure ur body is prepared for it.

Hello, any ladies BFP here after recurrent chemical pregnancies? And if so, what changes did doctor make to your cycle for a viable pregnancy the next round?
I had a chemical pregnancy previously and am now on my week 9. I suspect the change of short protocol to long protocol works for me.

Which pte clinic are u with? I m w pte too. I went to tang shan at Marine Parade look for dr Albert yu but I heard they just move to level 2 i12.. I did accupuncture 1 week plus before fet.
Dun go into rush if lining really can't meet. Wait another month, I believe no rushing but make sure ur body is prepared for it.
Thanks for your advise Dolly_gal. :) I'm with Dr. Fong with clinic at Mt E. He is associated with Sincere Ivf centre. How about yourself? I've made appt with Tcm Dr Zou yumin tomorrow, and will see what she says about my body condition.

Ya I won't force it if lining really cmi.. tho it's a pain to keep playing the waiting game :confused:

Hi, anyone advise me please. After bfp by blood test on 25 Apr at kkh , I have very little symptoms around 30 Apr and 1 May of sore boots. After that no other symptoms at all and boots feel normal . Is it normal ? A bit stress. Thanks.

I had a chemical pregnancy previously and am now on my week 9. I suspect the change of short protocol to long protocol works for me.
Congrats and thanks for sharing! Will see if doc suggest changing to long protocol if I do go on another fresh cycle. Long protocol starts with medication in the month before and jab for a longer period?

Back