Handmade smocking and embroidery dresses

diane_diane

Hi, does anyone know where to get beautiful smocking and embroidery dresses ? Those that I see in departmental stores do not have the old time traditional quality smocking dresses we see when we were younger, and also in European countries.

Hi, nice to know of somebody who also like smocking and embroidery. There are quite a number actually in Singapore, but sadly many are machine made. I used to buy from this store, think its called Mommy's Sweetheart - they sell very beautiful and high quality handmade smocking and embroidery dresses for children, and the price is very reasonable. Used to be at Forum and Tanglin Mall, but think it has shifted elsewhere - I can ask my friends, as they are still getting from the same store to buy the dresses as birthday and baby shower gifts fro friends.

(PS : I still keep one of my girl's old smocking dress - too beautiful to throw away :) --- think every girl should own at least one good smocking dress :)

Slide7.JPG Slide6.JPG Slide8.JPG Slide1.JPG Slide3.JPG Slide4.JPG
Hi, I managed to get the store's name : Mommy's Lill' Sweetheart at 01-03 Tanglin Shopping Centre (no more at Tanglin Mall), Tel : 67373741, 97510573. They very recently launched their own facebook : www.facebook.com/mommyslillsweetheart , and I managed to download some pictures for you to see. Think they are having a storewide sale all the way to Christmas. Wonder if anyone has ever bought from this shop, and what is their experience like with the dresses ?

Thanks for sharing the location of Mommy's Lill' Sweetheart. Will visit the shop as I like the checkered blue and brown dress - looks very elegant and traditional English style; and also the formal long-sleeved dress. Dun think we have such dresses locally, so all must be imported. If sale is good, will buy more.

I have bought quite a lot of dresses from the shop - yes they are very nice beautiful dresses. The shop has been around for more than 15 years, so think should have many regular customers. The logo is quite sweet with many hearts. I am sure many forum members here would have bought dresses from the shop.

:Logo_original_with lill.png

Tks. I saw this on the internet - wonder whether the store will carry such designs. The store's name Mommy's Lill' Sweetheart sounds like it does carry ;) Do you lnow how to get to store by public transport ?

simage.jpg

Back