Support group - Miscarriages

Hi all, i had discovered no heartbeat at week 11 but fetus size seemed to have stopped at 7weeks plus. Natural m/c followed on 14th april after gynae took me off duphaston..

Just wondering, for how long do you all take tcm after m/c? I actually went eu yan sang to ask for herbs to help clean uterus since i discovered i got a missed m/c and this is my third week on tcm. The physician said no need take tcm after this third week anymore.

Like u all, i have also started on prenatal vitamins. Think we r all as kiasu :)

Also, when do u all start trying? My gynae said anytime but tcm said wait couple of months... and contradicting articles on the web saying there's no need to delay trying ...

Thanks all in advance !

Do wait for a few months before trying again k... I was kancheong also after my first and had the second on the second cycle after my MC. I lost my second one and truthfully I looked vvv haggard after I lost my second... body just cannot cope and I totally regretted it. It delayed me even further and I hv hurt my body as well. Nourish your body and wait... being a mother is not just about conceiving but also being healthy when we deliver the baby and when we feed the baby... its a
long journey. Im 38 this year btw so if you are rushing, I totally get it.

Hugs to you dear.... I started my tcm a week after mc and been taking since. It is mostly to 'tiao' my body and thicken my lining. Mine is from Pearl's Centre there and the herbs given are those condensed granules type which we can see the name of the herbs. It's about $200 per month which I find it great as part of my supplements. Other than that I take royal jelly, folic acid and dha.

Actually since you eat with them, you can tell them and just say now you dont feel talking about it yet. Most ladies are v understanding, like most of my friends did and I was very grateful. Some actually shared with me that they also had MC before so I felt more comforted that it's common...

Thanks so much for sharing... ya now if i talk about it, I still cry. How long have u been taking tcm? Mind sharing name of the tcm?

Just look forward. Try to focus on how to recovery and ttc again. I am same wt u, mc at Good Friday, but mine is use of Med. My 2 mc Edd also close to my coll. Sometimes I see my coll kids then I will think of mine, my angels will be same age wt them if this not happen. If u really need someone to talk to, u can always talk to us or pm me.

Do wait for a few months before trying again k... I was kancheong also after my first and had the second on the second cycle after my MC. I lost my second one and truthfully I looked vvv haggard after I lost my second... body just cannot cope and I totally regretted it. It delayed me even further and I hv hurt my body as well. Nourish your body and wait... being a mother is not just about conceiving but also being healthy when we deliver the baby and when we feed the baby... its a
long journey. Im 38 this year btw so if you are rushing, I totally get it.

Hugs to you too. How are you nourishing your body other than the prenatal vits? I have been incorporating quinoa, sunflower seeds, chia seeds, more vegetables and trying to make myself sweat a little just by walking or doing light chores but once I return to work next week, i think it's gonna be difficult trying to maintain healthy diet (i can try packing my own lunch a couple of days a week) or trying to exercise...

Thank you dear, visited my gynae today and did a scan. Confirm nothing in Sac. Arranging for D&c. Sad & scare.

Akwan, you are still so early in the pregnancy should just take meds to expel it out. It's less strenuous to the body and less risk of developing scarring. Tbh, i regretted doing my d&c cos of the risks that I found out later on... pm me if you need more info k.

But cos i feel xinku when i dont let it out. So i only tell those few. I told them i was pregnant. So i just tell them the bad news also. Next time i will keep everything to myself already. I am very sick of people telling me it is ok. You are still young. You can try again. At least it happen earlier. The baby already got problem so it choose to stop growing. All bullshit leh. Yes i can try again. But god knows when i can conceive again. And even if i have another baby, it doesnt take away the pain of losing this one. We are mummies the moment we got bfp. It doesnt matter how long along are we when we lose the baby... sometimes even i feel that my hubbs dont understand.

I am feeling the same too... i think only those who have the experience before will understand and I dun think my hubby understands too. I had known there'll always be a chance of m/c, but did not know that it will strike me this hard when it really happened to me. The bb was only 7 wks but I really dunno why I felt so sad when it happened.

And seeing preggie pple ard me, made me feel is it sth wrong with my body... gynaes will say it is just a random event but i wonder if they say that to comfort us only.. tcm seems to think it's our body

Akwan, you are still so early in the pregnancy should just take meds to expel it out. It's less strenuous to the body and less risk of developing scarring. Tbh, i regretted doing my d&c cos of the risks that I found out later on... pm me if you need more info k.

My gynae advised me against d&c though he said the risk is very very small so I waited too. I did not even take med cos I was scared of side effects like nausea n diarrhoea. He stopped my duphaston which could be delaying the expulsion then i went eu yan sang on day 2 to ask if there r chinese herbs that might help with expelling the tissue and cleaning the uterus and i took them.

It came out on day 5 after i stopped duphaston (day 1). On day 8, gynae follow up check and he said still some tissue and if i want take misoprostol. I still took conservative approsch of not eating so he gave me antibiotics to prevent infection. I continued with tcm. On day 15, i went back to gynae n he said the tissue should be clear already.

Not sure if tcm helps or maybe it just happens naturally.

My gynae advised me against d&c though he said the risk is very very small so I waited too. I did not even take med cos I was scared of side effects like nausea n diarrhoea. He stopped my duphaston which could be delaying the expulsion then i went eu yan sang on day 2 to ask if there r chinese herbs that might help with expelling the tissue and cleaning the uterus and i took them.

It came out on day 5 after i stopped duphaston (day 1). On day 8, gynae follow up check and he said still some tissue and if i want take misoprostol. I still took conservative approsch of not eating so he gave me antibiotics to prevent infection. I continued with tcm. On day 15, i went back to gynae n he said the tissue should be clear already.

Not sure if tcm helps or maybe it just happens naturally.

Hi Hawnuy
Mind to share your gynae name? My gynae is against the idea of having med to expel out as he commented that there might be some leftover tissue. My hubby was trying to seek for 2nd ipinion but most gynae fully book.

Hi Hawnuy
Mind to share your gynae name? My gynae is against the idea of having med to expel out as he commented that there might be some leftover tissue. My hubby was trying to seek for 2nd ipinion but most gynae fully book.

Benjamin tham from wc cheng at Thomson medical. He said most gynaes do d&c but he does not encourage. But he also said the risk of d&c is really low. I was not comfy with the risk.

Benjamin tham from wc cheng at Thomson medical. He said most gynaes do d&c but he does not encourage. But he also said the risk of d&c is really low. I was not comfy with the risk.

Thank you Hawnuy. Will seek 2nd opinion and decide whether I shld proceed D&C since mine is early stage. Wanted to book my tcm to tiao my body but she so popular that only available slot is 7 June. Jialat

i used to see the one at Bukit batok. Liked her very much. but tcm also depends on fate, like i dont like the one Fan wen fang sees. - TSB. I saw her once and i didnt like it.

Bukit Batok Dr Su - 68961618 can call and enquire on their operating hours.

i used to see the one at Bukit batok. Liked her very much. but tcm also depends on fate, like i dont like the one Fan wen fang sees. - TSB. I saw her once and i didnt like it.

Yes TSB is very dao ...she very popular. I used to go there but even the counter gal also dao. I just called to book and although I told that about my mc..the available slot still 2 mths away.
Another nice tcm dr is Dr tan at clementi

Saw bt batok de once not suit me tummy cramping and LS.

Went to c TSB few times but hard to communicate with her and long wait stopping when hearing it will clash with pednisolone.

Yes TSB is very dao ...she very popular. I used to go there but even the counter gal also dao. I just called to book and although I told that about my mc..the available slot still 2 mths away.
Another nice tcm dr is Dr tan at clementi
The covering dr said shld have seen eu yan sang or tmc tcm more trusted. What I scare is tcm medi clash with western medi. U see the clementi one? Is it long q? Good?

but its true, once they hear u take prenisolone its best not to mix with chinese herbs. Even prof mahesh also says stop. so throughout my pregnancy with my gal i stopped. I took TSB meds and i LS also zzz during my first tri somemore..

i totally dont touch chinese meds when pregnant ever since. only tio body after mc.

The covering dr said shld have seen eu yan sang or tmc tcm more trusted. What I scare is tcm medi clash with western medi. U see the clementi one? Is it long q? Good?

Usually gynae dun wan us to take chinese med as they concern on the content. The Tcm only long q on weekends. But the counter staff is very friendly and they will do their very best to arrange slot. It only take longer when there are new comers. He also do Acupuncture for the guy as understand will improve on the mens sperm quality. My hubby goes there every week.

Usually gynae dun wan us to take chinese med as they concern on the content. The Tcm only long q on weekends. But the counter staff is very friendly and they will do their very best to arrange slot. It only take longer when there are new comers. He also do Acupuncture for the guy as understand will improve on the mens sperm quality. My hubby goes there every week.
I intend to c n tiao till ok once ttc n start western medi I'll stop to prevent it clash with it. So u usually seeing him weekdays or weekend? How was the q for u?

Can I have the number to call in? Mbe 1st timer need to q long.

Sure , here the contact
7ac47575d15a4a9e7f6193520fa7bb24.jpg
001551df286f06d79899d754b7aadaa7.jpg

I see Dr Ang Kay Ling at eu yan sang. At bukit panjang on tuesdays and saturdays and somedays at clementi and one at the east i think.

But First time i saw her was due to irregular menstrual cycle and sometimes heavy sometimes light. She managed to treat it but I also stopped bf on her advice so maybe stopping bf was the key...

Second time i saw her because I didnt want to go for D&C or take misoprostol to expel the tissue so she said she try prescribe some meds. I dunno if her meds worked or it is just nature but according to gynae, all tissue clear after 2 weeks.

But then when i ask if i should cont taking tcm to tiao my body, she said just take for one more week to strengthen uterus and after that no need already.

So i am not sure if she might be the right doc. But i find her very frank and like a friend. Answers whatever questions u ask and no waiting queue. Also feel a bit more trusted cos it is eu yan sang...
U see her on Sat b4? Was the q on Sat crowd? Mmm I'm ok w eu yan sang or tmc but my hub said he would prefer tmc. But I Google no info for tmc tcm...

U see her on Sat b4? Was the q on Sat crowd? Mmm I'm ok w eu yan sang or tmc but my hub said he would prefer tmc. But I Google no info for tmc tcm...

Yes but better give a call to the respective outlet to make sure it is her before u go down. I usually go very early so no crowd. She's not senior physician though. Just a sincere and patient physician and somehow either her meds work or it somehow worked out for me for the two specific issues i mentioned.

She seems to be a strong advocate of lifestyle changes and a healthy diet rather than reliance on meds.

Think tmc tcm is at tmc itself?

Yes but better give a call to the respective outlet to make sure it is her before u go down. I usually go very early so no crowd. She's not senior physician though. Just a sincere and patient physician and somehow either her meds work or it somehow worked out for me for the two specific issues i mentioned.

She seems to be a strong advocate of lifestyle changes and a healthy diet rather than reliance on meds.

Think tmc tcm is at tmc itself?

TMC TCM is opposite TMC hospital. Google Thomson Chinese medicine.

Just did wk 8 scan. Both amc & my gync rescan cannot detect heartbeat. Going d&c tmr. Doc say abit big to take pills and naturally.

069705cf77194f99dc8d9300b7e14ece.jpg
9c8adf27ae0a5b2d4581b963715edf30.jpg

I go to Dr Feng, his meds are herbs in condensed granules form. He is also a qualified western doctor and he is not expensive. My 28 days meds is abt $200

Hi ladies. Anyone got the longan red date tea receipe? I tried googling online. But there are so many different receipes.

I also have a few qns:
Do i need to remove the seed for the red date?
Do i need to add rock sugar? If yes, can i add manuka honey instead?
Need to eat the red dates or longan? Or just drink the water?

Hi ladies. Anyone got the longan red date tea receipe? I tried googling online. But there are so many different receipes.

I also have a few qns:
Do i need to remove the seed for the red date?
Do i need to add rock sugar? If yes, can i add manuka honey instead?
Need to eat the red dates or longan? Or just drink the water?

-Must remove seed
- Dont need to add rock sugar, the red dates are already sweet... no honey first cos honey has hormonal properties thats not suitable for current situation
- Can dont eat the red dates, just drink the water

I dont actually boil the red dates, you hv vacuum flask? I normally put 5-6 red dates and pour in boiling water to the flask and let the dates sit in the water for 3-4 hours and drink, dont need to put longan cos longan is heaty and really not much nutrition except that its sweet.

Hi ladies
Haven logged in for a while and the thread moved so fast!
Shiningstars, big hugs to you, fully understand the emptiness now, but we are more resilient than we think! Just give yourself more time.
For red date tea, i use those with seeds but cut a bit for the taste to come out. So I did the typical confinement kind - red dates, black dates, nan zao, dang shen, beiqi and longan. No need to add sugar as longan is sweet. Hub will use thermal cooker to cook overnight.

Give a hope,
I didnt know prednisolone cannot be taken w tcm. Prof told me to take prednisolone once bfp.. while im now taking tcm to tiao body..so once bfp you only take western meds?

Oh dont need to eat the dates. I just drink the water.
Actually I just started taking daily red date tea, but simplified recipe of red date, wolfberries and longan.
Cos my last period is only 2 days. Tcm says may have lining issue due to d&c. So she advised me to take red date tea and red bean soup to bu lining till pg..

Oh dont need to eat the dates. I just drink the water.
Actually I just started taking daily red date tea, but simplified recipe of red date, wolfberries and longan.
Cos my last period is only 2 days. Tcm says may have lining issue due to d&c. So she advised me to take red date tea and red bean soup to bu lining till pg..

How long ago was the D&C? Have you checked with ur doctor for the lining? 2 days is v short...

Hi ladies
Shiningstars, big hugs to you, fully understand the emptiness now, but we are more resilient than we think! Just give yourself more time.
For red date tea, i use those with seeds but cut a bit for the taste to come out. So I did the typical confinement kind - red dates, black dates, nan zao, dang shen, beiqi and longan. No need to add sugar as longan is sweet. Hub will use thermal cooker to cook overnight.

Give a hope,
I didnt know prednisolone cannot be taken w tcm. Prof told me to take prednisolone once bfp.. while im now taking tcm to tiao body..so once bfp you only take western meds?

Hey I'm also in the same shoes so once bfp and start on prednisolone I won't take with chinese meds. Too many meds already. Don't know what are the chinese meds ingredients whether will clash. So better not risk it. For my live pregnancy it works well without tcm meds. Just aspirin, jabs prednisolone and duphaston.

Hi ladies

Give a hope,
Ya that time I heard hopfumum she ask TSB b4 if not mistaken. So shld be taking tcm b4 ttc to me la or stop once bfp.

How long ago was the D&C? Have you checked with ur doctor for the lining? 2 days is v short...
On 13 Jan. So 3 months ago. My 1st period was extremely heavy, but after that the periods got lighter. The 2d period is the 3rd one. Prof did a v scan when I went for the recurrent mc check and he said everything was fine. But guess maybe I should go for a check w my prev gynae if it continues.

Hey I'm also in the same shoes so once bfp and start on prednisolone I won't take with chinese meds. Too many meds already. Don't know what are the chinese meds ingredients whether will clash. So better not risk it. For my live pregnancy it works well without tcm meds. Just aspirin, jabs prednisolone and duphaston.
I see. Then I'd better do the same too. Luckily you ladies mentioned it! What jabs did you take? Your approach is the same as me. Just that im allergic to aspirin so he told me that will take jabs instead once bfp.

I see. Then I'd better do the same too. Luckily you ladies mentioned it! What jabs did you take? Your approach is the same as me. Just that im allergic to aspirin so he told me that will take jabs instead once bfp.

Clexane it's blood thinner just like aspirin. Because I have sticky blood when pregnant.

-Must remove seed
- Dont need to add rock sugar, the red dates are already sweet... no honey first cos honey has hormonal properties thats not suitable for current situation
- Can dont eat the red dates, just drink the water

I dont actually boil the red dates, you hv vacuum flask? I normally put 5-6 red dates and pour in boiling water to the flask and let the dates sit in the water for 3-4 hours and drink, dont need to put longan cos longan is heaty and really not much nutrition except that its sweet.

Thanks for this. I got no flask leh. Ask the hubbs to help me get today. I will try this out today. Massive headache when i wake up. Is this the effect of ga?

Hi ladies

Give a hope,

Thanks. Kept telling myself to stop crying and be strong too. The red dates i have is the large one with seeds. So i have to remove those seeds b4 i boil right?

Thanks for this. I got no flask leh. Ask the hubbs to help me get today. I will try this out today. Massive headache when i wake up. Is this the effect of ga?

Yup yup, buy the flask. And remove the seeds cos v heaty esp you put in so many.... like 1.5l flask can put abt 20 dates.

Headache is quite normal due to GA. Don't get cold k

Oh actually I cooked with seeds cos I felt very cold. Only felt heaty after 2 weeks! Then i stopped. Also took daily chicken essence during the period, like real confinement. I think if you feel heaty then should adjust.

I didnt blow fan but stayed in aircon room at 26 degc. Wore socks and bedroom slippers too.
Felt chilled by the wind when I went out too so maybe I'm the more cold sort.

Back