Cradle cap with red skin after removal

hello18

hi mummies, I need some help here. my baby had cradle cap and ignorant me put a lot olive oil on her scalp a few nights but didn't comb off the thick flakes and didn't really wash off well. The olive oil accumulated and I Guess it worsened the cradle cap cos it got so thick and unsightly.

I have seen a pd and am currently applying vco on her scalp for 20minutes and comb off the flakes already followed by shampooing with dentinox prescribed by pd. Dentinox instructions say to shampoo n rinse n shampoo again. I duno if it's too drying cos my baby skin is red after removing the cradle cap and feels like outer skin has been totally removed. The skin just looks and feels v raw. Is that even normal?

Pd prescribed mild steroid cream and said to apply on red areas. I tried applying three separate times already but really want to not apply it if possible as she's only 3 mo+ and such creams can thin out her skin when it's already looking so thin now.

breaks my heart to see the red patch on her head everyday.

Here's a picture of her scalp
https://ibb.co/gA8HbQ

A few questions:
Is it normal to have the skin looking like this after removal of cradle cap?
Usually when it's night time, I start to see whitish flakes on the patch like in the picture. Is that cradle cap coming back or the skin drying out v badly?

Any advice appreciated, thanks!

Back