November 2017 Mummies

Same here! I've gained 3kg in 8 weeks time. I'm wondering if this is normal for the 1st trimester as I dare not workout n get too loose on meals. Anyone has any nutritionist to recommend?

My gynae gave a list of food not to eat: Milo, horlicks, maternity milk, fruit juices, soft drinks, bubble tea, durian, longan, lychee, mango, avocado, honeydew, grapes limited to 8 each time, white bread, sweet biscuits, prata, croissant, pastries, potato chips, french fries, hash browns, fast foods.

Food to eat: Plain water, low fat milk, unsweetened soymilk, apple, pear, orange, kiwi, guava and limit to one fruit per meal, wholemeal bread and plain biscuits.

I still eat avocado though and I really like fish porridge.

He also recommended exercising 3 times a week - brisk walk and swimming.

My gynae gave a list of food not to eat: Milo, horlicks, maternity milk, fruit juices, soft drinks, bubble tea, durian, longan, lychee, mango, avocado, honeydew, grapes limited to 8 each time, white bread, sweet biscuits, prata, croissant, pastries, potato chips, french fries, hash browns, fast foods.

Food to eat: Plain water, low fat milk, unsweetened soymilk, apple, pear, orange, kiwi, guava and limit to one fruit per meal, wholemeal bread and plain biscuits.

I still eat avocado though and I really like fish porridge.

He also recommended exercising 3 times a week - brisk walk and swimming.

Is it u have diabetes in family history? Or u gynae scare u might have GD? That's why control ur food intake

First time mum here and midway through my 11th week. Had my ultrasound yest and saw the baby with legs & arms already - the feeling is so overwhelming.

Haven't gained weight but I am terribly terribly constipated . I feel that some weight is added by poop that wont come out lol . Is this only during 1st trimester or it goes all the way until baby comes out?

Got a query here. My wife suddenly want to eat cockles badly. Anyone know can eat?

My doctor actually advised me to start to eat seafood for DHA, brain development of the baby once I enter 2nd trimester (2 wks from now). I understand it is ok as long as it is cooked well enough and it is not one of those fishes known to be high in mercury.

I have bizarre vivid dream almost every night. I guess due to rising body temperature.

That's exactly what I'm going through. I dont remember to have had dreams for like a couple of years already, until now.
3 or 4 times a week, I also wake up in the middle of the night (3:30 am) and cant sleep until 6am. I understand it's because of the surge of hormones that we have.

First time mum here and midway through my 11th week. Had my ultrasound yest and saw the baby with legs & arms already - the feeling is so overwhelming.

Haven't gained weight but I am terribly terribly constipated . I feel that some weight is added by poop that wont come out lol . Is this only during 1st trimester or it goes all the way until baby comes out?
i also nv gain weight in losing weight. constipation wise eat fruits and spam more water.

That's exactly what I'm going through. I dont remember to have had dreams for like a couple of years already, until now.
3 or 4 times a week, I also wake up in the middle of the night (3:30 am) and cant sleep until 6am. I understand it's because of the surge of hormones that we have.

Me too .. can't sleep well for the past 3 months .. been waking up a couple of times during the next night to go toilet .. easily woken up at night .. Guess partly could be due to constipation always feel that the bladder is always full.. hope this will be subsided soon

My wife also constipated badly. She don't dare to use strength when pass motion. Don't dare to eat too much fruits also as advised by Chinese physician.
She not much appetite,

Today she in her 10w2d.

cos of the bacteria. it is in the avoid list. even oyster cooked also avoid. rem we need to hav hep B injection? it's bcos of all these shell seafood

I guess the problem is when we order outside, we don't know how well they clean or cook it. Like oyster omelette, although not raw, but the oyster may only be partially cooked. If possible then avoid it.

My gynae actually allows sashimi as long as I eat in moderation and prepared by reputable hygienic restaurants. I accidentally ate "sashimi" once when I ordered tuna salad. I dumbly thought "seared tuna" is cooked. As I was eating it I still did not realise it was raw. Thank God nothing happened.

I guess the problem is when we order outside, we don't know how well they clean or cook it. Like oyster omelette, although not raw, but the oyster may only be partially cooked. If possible then avoid it.

My gynae actually allows sashimi as long as I eat in moderation and prepared by reputable hygienic restaurants. I accidentally ate "sashimi" once when I ordered tuna salad. I dumbly thought "seared tuna" is cooked. As I was eating it I still did not realise it was raw. Thank God nothing happened.

sashimi is okay as long as from wat we call " atas" places.

but oyster n cockles r different.

Ha. That explains why a particular self righteous ms-know it all person @Lalamoo gets so defensive over the WA group of Nov MTB. Just because my EDD might fall between last week of Nov and first week of Dec i am being accused of bluffing my way thru. Seriously, stop being a joke.

It is a true fact that the WA group has alot of people and there are so many hundreds of conversations every other hour and it is difficult for FTM to follow through. sometimes, you want to ask something or find out something also difficult cos so many people and having different conversation relating to different topic happening at the same time. Dont need to get so defensive over facts. People who are ok with that can join the WA and people who dont, can dont join. Dont have to get all bitch crazy just because people share different opinion from you.

Ha. That explains why a particular self righteous ms-know it all person @Lalamoo gets so defensive over the WA group of Nov MTB. Just because my EDD might fall between last week of Nov and first week of Dec i am being accused of bluffing my way thru. Seriously, stop being a joke.

It is a true fact that the WA group has alot of people and there are so many hundreds of conversations every other hour and it is difficult for FTM to follow through. sometimes, you want to ask something or find out something also difficult cos so many people and having different conversation relating to different topic happening at the same time. Dont need to get so defensive over facts. People who are ok with that can join the WA and people who dont, can dont join. Dont have to get all bitch crazy just because people share different opinion from you.
Cool down.. Pregnant ladies shouldn't get agitated.
There might be some miscommunication in between somewhere. Words that came out from keyboards are often misinterpreted as the way we think it should be. More than likely, it's not what the sender means.

Cool down.. Pregnant ladies shouldn't get agitated.
There might be some miscommunication in between somewhere. Words that came out from keyboards are often misinterpreted as the way we think it should be. More than likely, it's not what the sender means.

Her exact words" if u know something call chatting is to share knowledge. and if u r dec mummy why r u even doing in Nov MTB? seems like u r just bluffing ur way with ur edd? if u don't like active chat, u shouldn't hav join any WA grp."

And this is in response to my reply to someone in the Dec chat about Whatsapp chats. My reply "I know there is a FB group for Nov MTB and a whatsapp chat. but the whatsapp chat has alot of people and most of the time is just chatting and its hard to follow through or even ask questions. So i left the whatsapp chat. A friend told me to join the 2017 mummies FB, i will probably join after 1 trim."

Whats so wrong with my msg? I am fine with the chats and i merely state my opinion as a FTM it may be overwhelming to be in an active WA. Perhaps FB might be better. This person decide to be so judgemental and accuse me for no reason.

Hi, jumping in here, sorry why us Milo not recommended ? I'm taking it every day!
If you don't have much issues with weight, generally you can eat or drink with moderation. Do check with your doctor.

Milo is a good comforting drink, just don't overdose.

Her exact words" if u know something call chatting is to share knowledge. and if u r dec mummy why r u even doing in Nov MTB? seems like u r just bluffing ur way with ur edd? if u don't like active chat, u shouldn't hav join any WA grp."

And this is in response to my reply to someone in the Dec chat about Whatsapp chats. My reply "I know there is a FB group for Nov MTB and a whatsapp chat. but the whatsapp chat has alot of people and most of the time is just chatting and its hard to follow through or even ask questions. So i left the whatsapp chat. A friend told me to join the 2017 mummies FB, i will probably join after 1 trim."

Whats so wrong with my msg? I am fine with the chats and i merely state my opinion as a FTM it may be overwhelming to be in an active WA. Perhaps FB might be better. This person decide to be so judgemental and accuse me for no reason.
Different apps, different functions. All have pros and cons. Just be yourself and don't let people u don't know affects u and ur baby.

We are all FTB and MTB, so what we should do is encourage each other, share knowledge, experiences and even baby products good deals.

Don't let insignificant things affect significant things.

Thanks dear. I know most of us here are polite and make an effort to maintain cordial despite the difference in opinions. Guess some people clearly lack the EQ on and off line
I help u pass the msg to my wife. Hahaha.
I very bad temper too.. Especially when driving, keep on scolding, sound the horn, high beams when people cut into my lane or do funny things.

She said this to me: "whatever you are doing now, the baby will know and learn"

This statement shocked me greatly.

Nowadays, I keep on reminding myself. I am going to be a role model to my child. Better exercise some self control.

Forgive and forget.

Sharing my long winded 2cents thoughts.

Hi mummies, I'm 10 weeks now with my 2nd baby, due 22nd Nov. I have a 5 years old girl. Feel nauseous all the time now, feel guilty for my 5y girl

Hi gals, there's only one WA grp for Nov MTB, pls b careful if anyone approach u gals for numbers. Thanks. and gals, our chat is very active. if wanna join just PM me will do :)

Reporting here .. 3rd child .. :)
Nice to know u all ..
Just did my paranoma test so gg into my second tri .. But still puking nonetheless (my gynae advise me to take this opportunity to loose weight) .. My gynae advise is live like normal but cut the Mercury fishes as well as caffeine and make sure the food is clean that's all ..

Last edited:
Reporting here .. 3rd child .. :)
Nice to know u all ..
Just did my paranoma test so gg into my second tri .. But still puking nonetheless (my gynae advise me to take this opportunity to loose weight) .. My gynae advise is live like normal but cut the Mercury fishes as well as caffeine and make sure the food is clean that's all ..
Hi Ayukie, how much did u pay for the paranoma test?

Hi, first-time mommy here too! Am week 10 today. Any mommies who is diabetic with high BP here? Or know if any such experience?

Hi, first time mun here and about to enter my 2nd trimester...
Is it ok to use mosquito repellant plug ins - the ones which use vaporized liquid to repel mosquitoes? Thanks in advance.

Hi mummies, i just done my confinement with a very good CL and I would like to recommend my confinement lady to others mom-to-be out here. All your concerns will be gone if you engaged her. She's from Malaysia with 2 years experienced from confinement center and 8 years experienced as a freelance CL. Some CL are relatively cheap but I go for quality rather than cost.
She takes good care of me, especially for my baby. She's very concerned, being patient to my daughter and really shows love. My daughter stays with her every night and she responsibility.
She make everything run smoothly during my confinement. As a new mom, I don't need to worried about and I can fully trust on her.
By the way, her cooking was pretty good.
I've learnt a lot from her of how to take care of a baby and of course of her professional, I did extended her for a month too.
If any Mommy wants to get more information of my CL, here's her WhatsApp or call to +601136539563.

My wife also constipated badly. She don't dare to use strength when pass motion. Don't dare to eat too much fruits also as advised by Chinese physician.
She not much appetite,

Today she in her 10w2d.

Sorry, can I ask why cannot eat too much fruits? I thought we should eat lots of fruits and vegetables during pregnancy, except for pineapple, watermelon, and 'cooling fruits'...? Thanks!

Sorry, can I ask why cannot eat too much fruits? I thought we should eat lots of fruits and vegetables during pregnancy, except for pineapple, watermelon, and 'cooling fruits'...? Thanks!
My wife body is rather weak. The Chinese physician advise her to have fruits in moderate portion.

There is an incident in her 5w. She had 2apples, 1guava and 2 slices of papaya all in the period of 2-3hours. That night we saw blood in her urine. Not sure is it coincident or is it due to that large amount of fruits.

The Chinese physician say it's too cooling, especially the guava hence causes the bleeding.

Nowadays, she advise reduce in amounts, eat before dinner and avoid "cooling" fruits.

Just sharing.

My wife body is rather weak. The Chinese physician advise her to have fruits in moderate portion.

There is an incident in her 5w. She had 2apples, 1guava and 2 slices of papaya all in the period of 2-3hours. That night we saw blood in her urine. Not sure is it coincident or is it due to that large amount of fruits.

The Chinese physician say it's too cooling, especially the guava hence causes the bleeding.

Nowadays, she advise reduce in amounts, eat before dinner and avoid "cooling" fruits.

Just sharing.

I see... That's a lot of fruits in 3 hours. My idea of "a lot of fruits" is 2 slices of papaya and maybe an apple but throughout the day. Haha! Thanks for sharing! Yes, better to be safe than sorry then...

I am glad u realise ur problem do get it treated soon. :)

Meanwhile, dont go around barking since you have a history of depression and mc. Oh and, please, dont go acting like some ms know it all when you actually dont know much.

Wow this thread is getting out of hand. Actually wanted to join the November Chatgroup since I am due end November/ early December, but seeing such negativity, I guess I better not. SharkleS, if you want, you can join the December Chatgroup, the mummies there are much more supportive and everyone is welcome there, not some exclusive mean girls club.

Back