2016/07 July babies

Get well soon Little Redvel! @redvel - did I remember correctly that your girl is not attending CC for a while? If yes, whose taking care of her or are you on unpaid leave?

@emk - little tuna still bogay. Enjoying her toothless grins as much as I can now!

Reactions: emk

Thanks for the well wishes.

Other than fever, she has nose block so harder to sleep. Let her sleep on our bed (hubby sleeps on floor) last night and she slept pretty ok. When she ee ehh, pat pat her butt she goes back to zz.

Also inevitably drinking lesser these few days. Sponge her, give her medicine, will cry. Poor baby.

@tuna I'm really exhausting my annual leave. Me and mil and sil so far take turn to take leave. But can't be for long. Looking at situation, I doubt we can put her back IFC in May (initial plan was like that). I have to have plan B, like long unpaid leave till she is slightly older. But not sure if that can be in my favor if I talk to my boss.

U can try put a cut half onion above her head when sleeping. This will help her breathe better. I did for mine when She had nose block the last time.

To fast to grow teeth ?

Oh any raw onion? Will sting the skin or not? :p Keen to try but my ahlao says wonder will hurt the skin. But if your junior has tired it then should be ok hor. On the forehead is it?

Mine 6mo ish sprouted first tooth. Of course different baby has different speed. Mine still refuses to do a sit from crawl.

@redvel block nose will take a while to clear off, I find that emkjr can sleep better in non aircon room under ceiling fan when he got block nose, because in aircon room he will wake up in middle of the night to cough and cry ...I think u have share with us before on the sea water spray, that's one very good. I use the pigeon nose cleaner to suck out then spray sea water. Do this before meal and before sleep.

I almost forgotten the dolphin water spray. Yeah took out to spray for her just now and will repeat later.

I think her fever phase is over for now. :)

Any babies still eating little on solid? She doesn't seem to have much interest all along. Just taste a bit and suak already. She may like certain food but it's just a couple of spoons. But so far bread she can eat quite a fair bit. My PD says some babies may just only want more solid after a year old.

I almost forgotten the dolphin water spray. Yeah took out to spray for her just now and will repeat later.

I think her fever phase is over for now. :)

Any babies still eating little on solid? She doesn't seem to have much interest all along. Just taste a bit and suak already. She may like certain food but it's just a couple of spoons. But so far bread she can eat quite a fair bit. My PD says some babies may just only want more solid after a year old.
Mine. Blw since 6mth, now close to 90 days almost 3 meals a day, only swallow a bit...But improving! Teething weeks are terrible.

@snowfern how's bubs signing coming along? Suddenly feel very motivated to start on it because she has passed the bye-bye signing quite well now. Makes many strangers impressed (sometimes even let out the sound BYE when waving. Haha may be a fluke). This just proves repetition and consistency worked.

Some signs I'm keen to show her is milk, change (switch of activities), please, help, papa, mama.

@snowfern how's bubs signing coming along? Suddenly feel very motivated to start on it because she has passed the bye-bye signing quite well now. Makes many strangers impressed (sometimes even let out the sound BYE when waving. Haha may be a fluke). This just proves repetition and consistency worked.

Some signs I'm keen to show her is milk, change (switch of activities), please, help, papa, mama.
I never really repeat consistently, the only one she does pretty well is bye-bye, with occasionally "buh" or "buu" sound but I am strict so NO PASS! HAHA but since learning how to crawl she stopped "talking" and signing.

She only knows bye-bye, hi (similar to bye but it's a greeting with a smile, bye - no smile and usually turn head to go off, only when she wants to leave), no more, eat (index finger hook to mouth and bite) - this one I didn't show her but she always indicates this with fussing only near meal times, so I repeat and use her action.

I guess these don't count as signing per se, but it helps to figure out what she wants?

Please share how it works out! I stopped cos I'm forgetful and pretty overwhelmed with her teething and BLW...So much to do...

JTS, KP having 20% off on selected items till this Sunday, 16th islandwide stores. Includes Pigeon, tommee tippee, nuby etc!

Ian still doesn't do bye bye and hello well...even though we do this every time we bring him home from grandma house. Occasionally, when we are lucky, he will say "neh neh' and we will give him his milk. So it's good at least we know he's hungry....:p

How is little redvel ?

Yesterday was a busy day, 1 appt at polyclinic for 9 months assessment and 2 appt at kkh clinic H and ENT( ear nose throat). Dr discharge emkjr from eczema as he got flawless skin now haha but still have to go back ENT as his ear drum still a little bit red, dr explained if having running nose/block nose will cause fluid in the ear drum and now is not the peak, the peak will be when he turn 2 yrs old OMG ..

@emk. She is very well now. She seems to be in good mood; and sleeping and eating well past 2days. Hope this will last very long (till the next time she falls sick again i guess). Thanks

Oh no is that considered an ear infection? My nephew of 3 yo always have ear problem since 2yo. Have to avoid swimming when infection returns.

Talking about swimming, I still haven't introduce her into the pool. Been wanting to but because she has been unwell, I like for her to be all well before dipping.

Can I ask are you mummies still cleaning LO mouth? I can't even remember when she started to reject my cleaning. At one point she enjoyed it and then suddenly she struggled and cry during a few sessions and then I stopped already. Now give her the pigeon toothbrush for her to play with. Want to reintroduce cleaning her teeth with cloth but she hates it.

Reactions: emk
@emk. She is very well now. She seems to be in good mood; and sleeping and eating well past 2days. Hope this will last very long (till the next time she falls sick again i guess). Thanks

Oh no is that considered an ear infection? My nephew of 3 yo always have ear problem since 2yo. Have to avoid swimming when infection returns.

Talking about swimming, I still haven't introduce her into the pool. Been wanting to but because she has been unwell, I like for her to be all well before dipping.

Can I ask are you mummies still cleaning LO mouth? I can't even remember when she started to reject my cleaning. At one point she enjoyed it and then suddenly she struggled and cry during a few sessions and then I stopped already. Now give her the pigeon toothbrush for her to play with. Want to reintroduce cleaning her teeth with cloth but she hates it.
This happened the week before her first tooth emerged, and about another week after. Now she also prefers to "brush her own teeth" even tho always use the handle side to bite nia

I still use towel to wipe mouth after brushing, cos BLW need to check and make sure mouth is empty....And she used to like squirreling food away!

@redvel his ear clear up already, no infection but still got a little bit of redness as the doctor explained that our ear, throat n nose are connected. Whenever baby have flu/block nose it will build up fluid in the ear drum and this fluid will take 6 weeks to 2 months to clear off. Now have to wait until next month go back for review to ensure the redness is cause by running nose two weeks ago. Hopefully from now to next months appointment no running nose then can see is his ear drum still any redness or not, or else need to do hearing test to ensure no hearing problem.

@redvel I still use the tongue wipe but clean when he just wake up so less struggling haha. Don't know why emk jr stop at two teeth leh .. have been brushing that two teeth for months still two only haha
@snowfern same la emkjr also bite the handle side haha

How is KWL? Long time never hear from u ...

I feel that our baby grow up so fast la, more interaction, less crying less carry. They are not baby anymore haha any mummies here feel the same too ?

I feel that our baby grow up so fast la, more interaction, less crying less carry. They are not baby anymore haha any mummies here feel the same too ?
Haha yeah but still jin Bo eng...At least carrying you know what they are doing all the time, now bb quiet nia is UP TO NO GOOD!

Haha yeah but still jin Bo eng...At least carrying you know what they are doing all the time, now bb quiet nia is UP TO NO GOOD!

Hahah very true, really up to no good. How to stop baby from putting things into their mouth?
Emkjr lick and put everything into his mouth, lick my tv console, whatever things he see n touch will go into his mouth including my toe .. wah piang so dirty lo. I was sitting on sofa to play with my phone and suddenly feel pain n watery on my toe and I look over, oh gosh my toe inside his mouth. So dirty!!! Yucks

lol yeah if suddenly quiet quiet sure up to no good. Last week she was left alone in the room. On the floor. Should be hitting timing threshold but strangely no sound. Went to check and she was "munching" on the plastic door wedge. Omg how lasup that is!

You need #2 to reconnect that lil baby feeling hahaah.

My colleague's wife just gave birth a boy last night. Saw the pic oh so cute!!!!! Comparing my LO then and now it's just 9months but surely things have changed. Trying to get her to communicate more efficiently by more more signing now. To be honest, I really can't tell by her types of cry (like how many mummies swear by it but I'm lousy at tat). I observe her body language better.

My colleague's wife just gave birth a boy last night. Saw the pic oh so cute!!!!! Comparing my LO then and now it's just 9months but surely things have changed. Trying to get her to communicate more efficiently by more more signing now. To be honest, I really can't tell by her types of cry (like how many mummies swear by it but I'm lousy at tat). I observe her body language better.
How goes the signing?

Bubbles has stopped mimicking gestures, preferring to "talk", so I have temporarily given up getting her to sign..She doesn't seem to understand nodding and shaking head either, my body language has always been rather odd (according to everyone around me), perhaps she inherited this from me?

But yeah, I can tell from her different cries most of the time what she wants, she's more of a whiner though. Even pulling herself up to crawling/sitting position she will haihaican (grumble in hokkien haha) so sometimes I have to endure a very whingy, whiny baby whenever she's attempting to refine her physical skills

I can see she is very curious and watches with intent when I sign (especially new signs). However I can't practice much on weekday since I work. So far those signs I make most often with her are milk, eat, sleep, diaper change.

Yea my friend also just give birth recently and I show the pic oh dear .. so cute leh, Like an angel . compare to emkjr hmmmm just 9 months but very big different lo.. emkjr don't really cry recently, the only time he cry is when he woke up from nap and found himself alone in the room then he will cry. The rest of the time he does not cry. When he fall down or hit on something, he will look at me and cry engine start and I quickly look away and don't bother him. He will stop the engine and continue playing. He won't cry for milk or diaper full, I will change when I touch the diaper is heavy. He is not really a milk person, milk time past by 1 hour plus also never cry for it. Give then he drink lo, don't give he won't ask unless he is really very very hungry.

Morning Everyone.

I think this thread has officially quiet now. Feeling a little emo :p

Just thought of saying thank you all you mummies for sharing all our precious journey together in this virtual space. From total strangers to online friends. Learnt a lot from this thread.

Perhaps one day we mummies will cross path. Perhaps our babies will become best of boyfriend girlfriend in future. Haah I think too far.

As FTM, past ~10months has been a whole new experience. Feel very blessed lil redvel jr is growing and learning and happy.

In case we dont meet again here, take care and wishing all healthy and happy!

Good morning, @redvel sound so emo!

Judah has official turned 10mo yday and 2 more months to the BIG ONE!!

This space is turning quieter and I also log in lesser. Hope every mommy is doing well and kiddo growing up healthy and strong!

@KWL @gan1972 it's been a while!

c0f930b2ab525b573c0c55cb033daf58.jpg

This is Judah on Saturday!

Been busy for the past few weeks, so login is also lesser. Hope things at work gets slightly better in the 2nd half!

2 more months to big 1 for our babies here! Time to start planning if you haven't :p Still trying to find time to DIY stuff, hopefully in time to finish whatever I have in mind :rolleyes:

Meanwhile, mummies and babies, stay happy! :)

Time flies .. 2 more months to big 1 for our babies, I haven't start order the deco stuff from taobao.. too busy at work and working late too.
Redvel don't be so emo lah, how's your lo? Not going back to ifc ?

Reactions: KWL
Haa!

My gal is all well now. Plan to put her back in IFC mid May.

Since last week, my fil takes care of her at home. Once she returns to IFC, plan is to let her be there half day. Fil will pick her at 1-2pm.

For past 1.5weeks, I think she looks very bored. Hahah. 爷爷only carries her and takes her down for walks.

@redvel good to hear that, yea go there half day sound good. Your fil good leh can handle baby haaa
Aiyo my nephew pre school recently have two hand foot mouth disease cases, and he start to have high fever on Monday night.. last night my baby got high fever too. sigh I though bf should be strong, why so easily get sick again ah ..

It's been a loooong time I have not come to this forum! Good to be back. Hello to all July 2016 mum. Another 2.5 months before our babies turn 1 year old!!

Get well soon Little Redvel! @redvel - did I remember correctly that your girl is not attending CC for a while? If yes, whose taking care of her or are you on unpaid leave?

@emk - little tuna still bogay. Enjoying her toothless grins as much as I can now!
Still sort of bogay but 2 days ago started to feel something sharp from her lower gum. LOL

@redvel good to hear that, yea go there half day sound good. Your fil good leh can handle baby haaa
Aiyo my nephew pre school recently have two hand foot mouth disease cases, and he start to have high fever on Monday night.. last night my baby got high fever too. sigh I though bf should be strong, why so easily get sick again ah ..
Aiyoh. Mummies antibodies only cover bb for first 6mth, thereafter bb own immune system kicks in and takes over, and hfmd got many different versions...Hope emkjr is okay!

Everyone must be keeping busy with bb now becoming more and more mobile!!

How's the 9mth growth spurt/sleep regression/wonder week affecting you all??

On my side I already stopped keeping track haha she always so unpredictable....Easier to just say she is being a baby and doing what baby does hahaha

Aiyoh. Mummies antibodies only cover bb for first 6mth, thereafter bb own immune system kicks in and takes over, and hfmd got many different versions...Hope emkjr is okay!

Ah no wonder after 6 months always fall sick la haha yesterday pd said first day of fever hard to tell is virus infection or bacteria infection, Haha we visit him too early he said usually symptom appear on 2nd and 3rd day lo. Aiya next time i will monitor for two days before rush down to see pd.

Recently a lot of virus going around. My gal sch last 2 weeks notified to have ongoing stomach flu virus. My fren boy in ifc got stomach flu and the sch did not put up notice to inform all parents until the 3 babies are down with it.

Recently a lot of virus going around. My gal sch last 2 weeks notified to have ongoing stomach flu virus. My fren boy in ifc got stomach flu and the sch did not put up notice to inform all parents until the 3 babies are down with it.

Woah that's sound bad leh... the school so irresponsible lo!
Now my boy see me take the dolphin sea water spray he faster run away hahaha

Never use their food jar but I use their thermal bottle to keep hot water when go out, it's very very good! No leaking and water remain hot after hours.

Back