Any soon-to-be dad here? Please share your experience

Mr Lee

Hi all,
My wife should be about 1.5 months pregnant now and I have just made appointment for Dr Han How Chuan, William at KKH.
As my wife is a foreigner and since she left all decision making to me, it's not a easy trip for me as I have to gather information about pregnancy, gynaecologist, and baby matter.
Just hope that the dads or moms here can share more information with me.
1) anyone seeing Dr Han How Chuan from KKH now? How's he?
2) I wanna choose A1 ward for delivery package from KKH. Was caught in dilemma between KKH and Mount Alvernia but finally decided on KKH as the later would cost 4k more or so, and the money could be better used on the child's future.
3) I am thinking of purchasing child's clothing and some baby items like cot and stroller. But I have colleagues who told me not to buy too many things first because the baby might have preference.
4) Any facebook group I can join to see good lobang for these baby stuff?

Hi I'm going to be daddy again soon.

I would suggest (3) to buy the basic necessity first. For cot, it depends if you intend to have your baby to sleep there until older age if not I find that it's easier to have baby sleep beside mummy for ease of care taking and beast feeding if possible.

Welcome to the joyful Club of fatherhood and enjoy every moment of the fatherhood.

If your wife is not local. Going to KKH. She will be charged at private rate which is on par with private hospital like tmc, mt A, mt ELO novena. So why not just get a private gynae?

I am going to be a first time father. Wife edd in November. Very excited yet very worried. Wife body quite weak. Not sure if we can pass thru first trimester safely. Now 9w6d.

Hi,
My wife just gave birth in Mar 2017. Her gynae is Dr Han. He is a friendly and likes to joke. Confident doctor.
We have no regrets choosing him as our gynae.
But his waiting time can be quite long.

Back