IVF/ICSI Support Group

I nv try subsidies so I am not sure how much that will be.. But i go to him as private patient.. I believe if u go via subsidies, will be much cheaper but you can't choose doctor.

i check with women clinic & CHR, difference in:
- blood test will be x2 exp
- women clinic need to pay consultation fee everytime whereby CHR there is no consultation fee & they go by package.
- everything will be same as CHR & all will be done at CHR if under private.

i check with women clinic & CHR, difference in:
- blood test will be x2 exp
- women clinic need to pay consultation fee everytime whereby CHR there is no consultation fee & they go by package.
- everything will be same as CHR & all will be done at CHR if under private.
Actually the moment u are going for ivf.. The doc will direct u to go under chr.. And not under woman clinic. Woman clinic only when u go there for iui, or consultation on other matters.

Hi Jill Stuart,
For lining, can try red bean soup. I took on alternate days for a few months and my lining is generally OK for all the IVFs I've done. For follicle stimulation, some people take CoQ10 or Ubinquinol/ubiquinone (read up on the different forms), and lots of egg whites, like 4-6 during stimming phase.

Thanks for your info! At times I do have phobia in egg whites though I only consume around 3 egg whites per day.

Tomorrow is my scanning day, hopefully doctor will allow me go for trigger shot and ER soon

I nv try subsidies so I am not sure how much that will be.. But i go to him as private patient.. I believe if u go via subsidies, will be much cheaper but you can't choose doctor.
I used to be under subside doc and private doc,
Only the consultations are more expensive like 40 to 50% per visit for private as u only see one doc throughout your treatment

Hi Eggscatcher I'm also changing gynae and seeing Prof Wong next week! Check with u, since u mentioned that u did IVF before, did he order for u to run new tests again? (coz u mentioned review on initial results) how do u find the experience with him so far?
Hi hi finesse9702, yes we redo blood tests, pelvic scan and hubby SA and he also requested our past reports from KK, maybe he want to compare and review results together, I find him very straight forward, honest and up task kind of gynae, very experience and well Dressed, the women clinic waiting area have nicer environment and waiting queue is faster, but the consultations and med is exp. I heard nuh is gd for research in infertility so hope to try my luck to be guinea piggies.

Hi all, first time posting, really need to find some assurance as husband seems to not provide sufficient emotional support and i feel so lonely in this battle.

2nd fresh, only 5 eggs retrieved on Monday as I'm low ovarian reserve. Supposed to do a transfer today but was cancelled due to high progesterone level. Dr THH strongly advised me to freeze all embryos and go for FET next cycle. Haiyo, all the black faces from my workplace suddenly popped out in front of my face... all the AM mcs for scans almost every other day resulting in colleauges have to cover my duties, HL for transfer etc... When i thought everything is going to be over.... sigh..

Anyway, any kind ladies here can share with me the procedure for FET pls? Not sure whether it's medicated or natural, was only told i will be required to take oral medicine from 4th day period onwards and go back for scans.

Thank u in advance.
Hi twinkleshinemeow, I went thru medicated fet, for irregular cycle like me, typically is 28 to 35days but I was having 40 to 50 over days, medicated to control the date u ovulate and hope to catch good eggs during ER and ET.

Went for scanning today. Not sure why I always feel cramping during the scanning. Any ladies experience it too?

Today is my Day 6 of Jab (org + Gonal F).
My lining has reached 7.3mm triple lining. I have got around 7 to 8 follicles on each side.

The largest follicles are round 12.5mm.

Reviewing doc at KKH says I need to jab for 3 more days and go back for review. Somehow I feel the reviewing doctor is not as professional as THH and look like a trainee. Cos they seems to rush me off and they have 4 to 5 peoples in the room which make me feel a little awkward.

I think there are some issues with the both of us but i guess I'm having more coz of my low ovarian reserve, he's having the typical male Singaporeans inactive sperms. I only managed to retrieve 2 eggs from my first fresh and 5 eggs from this cycle, very worrying for me.

Initially i also thought he may not be ready but i had talked to him umpteen times however he reassured that he is ready for a kid if possible. He loves his nephews and niece. Just that it is in his character that he can never be sensitive with my feelings, especially that we have been married for 6 years now, worse. Being 8 years older than me he always thinks that he knows more than me, stress lor.. typical mcp! Haha.. i think it's me who wants a baby more than him, to complete myself

It's not the number of eggs but the quality. Some can have many eggs retrieved but only a few good quality whereas some only have a few eggs but mostly are good quality. So don't worry about the numbers.

Ah, yes maybe it's just in his character. Sometimes men shows their care and concern in different ways. It doesn't mean they care less but maybe don't know how to show they care in the way we want them to show it. My husband always think I overeact so sometimes he's nonchalant about things that affect me too. Bahaha cos he thinks I'm a drama queen. Oh well, just take it easy. Don't be so stressed ok.

Now enjoy your couple time. When baby comes, you'll go.. 'what did I do with ALL the time I had last time?'
Or like me - why didn't I sleepppp moreeeeeeeeeeeeee and watch more kdramasssssssssssssssssss? Now I'm lucky if I can watch tv! Bahaha

Went for scanning today. Not sure why I always feel cramping during the scanning. Any ladies experience it too?

My lining has reached 7.3mm triple lining. I have got around 7 to 8 follicles on each side.

Reviewing doc at KKH says I need to jab for 3 more days and go back for review. Somehow I feel the reviewing doctor is not as professional as THH and look like a trainee. Cos they seems to rush me off and they have 4 to 5 peoples in the room which make me feel a little awkward.

Hi Jill Stuart, I was at Kk for my scan this morning too and I'm also with Dr THH. I have only 10 follicles with the largest at 15.5mm on my 7 day stims. Lining at 8.7mm. Didn't feel any cramping during scan, just cold and my legs tend to tremble a little when cold.

The doc did say he consulted THH and he said to continue for another 3 days and come back to scan.
Hoping to see better quality eggs this 2nd fresh. Gd luck to us!

Hi Jill, kkh is like that one. They reassured me that the instructions, amount of drugs, date of trigger or date of retrieval are all instructed by Dr Tan HH. Whenever I had doubts with anything, the Dr on duty would say "this is instructed by Dr Tan", then i would go quiet immediately.. haha..! Nurses said they will call Dr Tan on his mobile before deciding anything for us, so shouldn't be a worry. Good number of follicles u have there!

It's not the number of eggs but the quality. Some can have many eggs retrieved but only a few good quality whereas some only have a few eggs but mostly are good quality. So don't worry about the numbers.

Ah, yes maybe it's just in his character. Sometimes men shows their care and concern in different ways. It doesn't mean they care less but maybe don't know how to show they care in the way we want them to show it. My husband always think I overeact so sometimes he's nonchalant about things that affect me too. Bahaha cos he thinks I'm a drama queen. Oh well, just take it easy. Don't be so stressed ok.

Now enjoy your couple time. When baby comes, you'll go.. 'what did I do with ALL the time I had last time?'
Or like me - why didn't I sleepppp moreeeeeeeeeeeeee and watch more kdramasssssssssssssssssss? Now I'm lucky if I can watch tv! Bahaha
Thank u spinsterella! I'm extremely lucky to have all my 5 eggs fertilized with quite good gradings, i almost jumped in joy while was still naked waist down during ET, haha! In the end didn't manage to transfer due to high progesterone level. Dr Tan advised me to freeze all, although I'm not sure why he did not try to push to 3-day embryos or blasts, i just decided to trust him.

I also drama queen lei! Same as u. I remembered i cried when i failed my first cycle, asking my husband what to do if we remain childless for the rest of our lives. He asked me not to scare him, can try again ma, let nature takes it course.

Hi Jill Stuart, I was at Kk for my scan this morning too and I'm also with Dr THH. I have only 10 follicles with the largest at 15.5mm on my 7 day stims. Lining at 8.7mm. Didn't feel any cramping during scan, just cold and my legs tend to tremble a little when cold.

The doc did say he consulted THH and he said to continue for another 3 days and come back to scan.
Hoping to see better quality eggs this 2nd fresh. Gd luck to us!

Not sure why I am experience cramp whenever they do the V ultrasound. Your reading is very good! Now I hope my lining and follicles can increase more in 3 days time. Yes good luck to us! I was told by the doctor I can choose to press the queue no to teach me how to jab again or I can collect the med and leave. How about you?

Hi Jill, kkh is like that one. They reassured me that the instructions, amount of drugs, date of trigger or date of retrieval are all instructed by Dr Tan HH. Whenever I had doubts with anything, the Dr on duty would say "this is instructed by Dr Tan", then i would go quiet immediately.. haha..! Nurses said they will call Dr Tan on his mobile before deciding anything for us, so shouldn't be a worry. Good number of follicles u have there!

Omg really ah? In this case, I'm glad that THH is the one giving the instructions. My reading is good? Do u know what the max size of lining or follicles before we can go for ER. I have been jabbing for 6 days. And need to jab another 3 days for next review.

Omg really ah? In this case, I'm glad that THH is the one giving the instructions. My reading is good? Do u know what the max size of lining or follicles before we can go for ER. I have been jabbing for 6 days. And need to jab another 3 days for next review.
Yes, as long u are Dr THH's patient he will take good care of ur case Heard from my good friend who is also a patient of THH that he has good memories that can rem a lot of things abt his patients.

I envy ur number of follicles because I had only 6 potential follicles when i was ordered the trigger shot yah. ER will only happen when i think there's a leading follicle which is 18mm and above acc by 2 or 3 15mm and above follicles (anyone pls correct me if I'm wrong), lining minimum 7mm to 8mm. Not sure whether it helps, the day when they decided to trigger me, my measurements was RT: 15.5, 16, 13 and 9. LT: 19, 14.5, 13 and 7. Lining was 7.8mm triple. I was under stim for only 8 days, a bit taken back.

Yes, as long u are Dr THH's patient he will take good care of ur case Heard from my good friend who is also a patient of THH that he has good memories that can rem a lot of things abt his patients.

I envy ur number of follicles because I had only 6 potential follicles when i was ordered the trigger shot yah. ER will only happen when i think there's a leading follicle which is 18mm and above acc by 2 or 3 15mm and above follicles (anyone pls correct me if I'm wrong), lining minimum 7mm to 8mm. Not sure whether it helps, the day when they decided to trigger me, my measurements was RT: 15.5, 16, 13 and 9. LT: 19, 14.5, 13 and 7. Lining was 7.8mm triple. I was under stim for only 8 days, a bit taken back.

In this case, I hope my next review they will give me a green light to take the trigger shot. I did asked the reviewing doc what does triple means. She said that the ultrasound shows that there are a few lining in the image.

I'm glad that I am in good hands under THH's care

In this case, I hope my next review they will give me a green light to take the trigger shot. I did asked the reviewing doc what does triple means. She said that the ultrasound shows that there are a few lining in the image.

I'm glad that I am in good hands under THH's care
I read from online that triple lining means is the optimal condition for implantation. Some pple have double. However it didn't happen to me in the first cycle though.. lol.

Anyway best of luck for ur review next week!

Hello ladies doing IVF, just wanted to drop in to say hello. I did my first fresh cycle last may and this forum was great in giving me advice. that cycle failed and i miraculously managed to conceive my baby naturally the cycle after. i just delivered my baby girl 2 weeks ago and came online to read your posts while baby naps. Just wanted to encourage everyone to continue to stay positive! Eat well, rest well and have faith. If it doesn't work, which totally sucks after all the jabs and anticipation during the 2ww, don't let it get you down. All the best!

Not sure why I am experience cramp whenever they do the V ultrasound. Your reading is very good! Now I hope my lining and follicles can increase more in 3 days time. Yes good luck to us! I was told by the doctor I can choose to press the queue no to teach me how to jab again or I can collect the med and leave. How about you?

I came back to press 3 and ask the nurse to jab for me cos I don't dare to jab myself. Hubby helps me out at home.
My left ovary follicles are smaller than right. Hoping they will grow significantly by Monday's scan.

Hi Ladies, anyone with NUH dr.Shakina Ruff?I was under subsided and my first appointment is with her. And she has instructed me to take another round of blood test and 1 ultrasound scan. Thought i have all the test done in Aug 2015 at KKH. Failed 2 round of IVF during Oct 2015 and April 2016. So now going for my last govt funding before i hit 40. Could anyone give advise which doctor is good at nuh? Or anyone did ivf with Dr. Shakina?

Went back to KKH for scanning today.

And here are my readings:

Right: 20, 17.5, 21.5, 13.5, 14, 12.5, 13, 12.5, 15, 14, 12, 12.5, 11

Left: 17.5, 13.5, 17, 14.5, 11, 13, 14, 14.5, 15.5, 12, 12.5, 11, 11.5

Lining: 10.4 not clear.

Apparently only 5 eggs are above 16mm. Doc wants some of the eggs to grow until 16mm before I go for ER. So I was given 1 more jab to grow the eggs.

Need to go back for scanning tmr again.

May I know if my readings are fine?

Apparently only 5 eggs are above 16mm. Doc wants some of the eggs to grow until 16mm before I go for ER. So I was given 1 more jab to grow the eggs.

Looks like excellent reading! U will have an excellent harvest of eggs at ER:)

Thank u spinsterella! I'm extremely lucky to have all my 5 eggs fertilized with quite good gradings, i almost jumped in joy while was still naked waist down during ET, haha! In the end didn't manage to transfer due to high progesterone level. Dr Tan advised me to freeze all, although I'm not sure why he did not try to push to 3-day embryos or blasts, i just decided to trust him.

I also drama queen lei! Same as u. I remembered i cried when i failed my first cycle, asking my husband what to do if we remain childless for the rest of our lives. He asked me not to scare him, can try again ma, let nature takes it course.

That's good fertilization rate!
My Dr told me that my progesterone was too high too and if it's too high, the embryo cannot be implanted cos the lining will reject it. So I had to delay my ET and it was worth it! :) Almost went crazy though waiting for the next cycle and hoping that my one and only embryo thaw successfully. :p

Haha thanks!!!! I'm getting tired of going back for scanning as I tot I'll be able to do the trigger jab tonight but I was told tomorrow to come back again :(

You have many follicles v close to 15/16mm, another day stimulation will sure be beneficial to get u even more good quality mature eggs than triggering today. Trust your doc!

I only had L+R side follicles at 18,18,16,16,13,13,11mm on my last scan--> I stimulated two more days, then all 7 follicles taken out, all 7 contained an egg, all mature, all fertilised into embryo. But only 4 made it to blastocyst - I suspect is from the bigger 4 follicles (my guess).

All the best for ur ER...ur numbers really looks good! So don't worry, the trouble will be well worth it. Rest well before ur ER!

You have many follicles v close to 15/16mm, another day stimulation will sure be beneficial to get u even more good quality mature eggs than triggering today. Trust your doc!

I only had L+R side follicles at 18,18,16,16,13,13,11mm on my last scan--> I stimulated two more days, then all 7 follicles taken out, all 7 contained an egg, all mature, all fertilised into embryo. But only 4 made it to blastocyst - I suspect is from the bigger 4 follicles (my guess).

All the best for ur ER...ur numbers really looks good! So don't worry, the trouble will be well worth it. Rest well before ur ER!

Thanks for your assurance! May I know if u experience any pain for the trigger jab and ER?

I hope I can retrieve good quality of eggs. Can't wait for it to come :)

Wow your results look really gd, lots of eggs that are maturing well at gd pace.

I have 16 follicles with largest at 22.5. The doc think that one may not be used by then since it's too big, but estimates about 7-8 usable eggs. Lining is 8.5 not clear.
I'm given another dose today and egg pick up scheduled on Thurs. gosh its happening so quickly from here!

Wow your results look really gd, lots of eggs that are maturing well at gd pace.

I have 16 follicles with largest at 22.5. The doc think that one may not be used by then since it's too big, but estimates about 7-8 usable eggs. Lining is 8.5 not clear.
I'm given another dose today and egg pick up scheduled on Thurs. gosh its happening so quickly from here!

Omg! Congrats to you!!!! I thk we are gg for ER on the same day. I'm gg for scanning tomorrow and doc says probably my ER will be on this thurs or fri.

I am so excited yet afraid of the pain. Jia you to both of us!!!

I was at KKH for ET today. Your reading is good. My last reading with lining is 9.8 triple and 16 follicles with the biggest only at 17. I managed to retrieve 11 eggs last Friday but today left only 2+2. Transferred 2, observation 2. Like what many ladies here advise me before, you need only one good one to bfp. So don't worried. Stay positive!

Thanks for your assurance! May I know if u experience any pain for the trigger jab and ER?

Whether painful depends on the type of trigger u are given - at sgh I was given 1000units of Hcg that was painful. ER KK one is GA so guess won't be bad, don't worry. Just prepare hot pad at home to reduce cramp pain(u will experience cramps after the procedure for a few days), may have slight bleeding post-procedure and prep some isotonic drink (like Pocari sweat) to drink to reduce bloat post-procedure. These are what helped me. All it take is one good one for a BFP, u have many so don't worry. Baby dust to u and all still trying! Jiayou!

Last edited:

Your reading looks good! Dont worry! All the best!!

I was at KKH for ET today. Your reading is good. My last reading with lining is 9.8 triple and 16 follicles with the biggest only at 17. I managed to retrieve 11 eggs last Friday but today left only 2+2. Transferred 2, observation 2. Like what many ladies here advise me before, you need only one good one to bfp. So don't worried. Stay positive!

Thanks for your kind words! Stay positive during the 2WW. How's the ET like? Is it painful? I heard that we have to keep our full bladder during the ET?

KK is using ordivel for trigger jab. It comes in the form of a pen like gonal F and is easy to self administer. Fine tip needle so not painful need not worry. :)

So nice to hear that hopefully I can do my trigger jab by tomorrow night. ER will be 36 hours from Trigger Jab?

Whether painful depends on the type of trigger u are given - at sgh I was given 1000units of Hcg that was painful. ER KK one is GA so guess won't be bad, don't worry. Just prepare hot pad at home to reduce cramp pain(u will experience cramps after the procedure for a few days), may have slight bleeding post-procedure and prep some isotonic drink (like Pocari sweat) to drink to reduce bloat post-procedure. These are what helped me. All it take is one good one for a BFP, u have many so don't worry. Baby dust to u and all still trying! Jiayou!

Yes yes pls pass your baby dust to me! I heard KKH is using sedative only not GA, not sure how pain it is. But I am Glad I am done with the last jab tomorrow! Can't wait for the best to come

Back