IUI/SO-IUI: Anyone?

Hi Ladies, don't mind can share on hubby sperm count no? if hubby washed sperm at 6 million is it ok to get preg? i just did my 3rd IUI yesterday, my doctor say consider low side for 6 million. I had my 1st successful IUI with hubby washed sperm at 15million. But ended up with MC. 2nd IUI unsucessful. Upon hearing doctor words, i am now so worried about the result.

Hi! the first time I did IUI, my husband sperm count was 16mil? Was told it was on the low side and it was unsuccessful.

But I will tell you what the nurse told me when I seemed worried that it was on the low side, "We just need one sperm."

So don't think too much. Worry also no use, in fact might add to your stress. So just relax okay? :)

Thanks dear for your encouragement. i guess worried also no use for now.

16 mil is a good count ma. My doctor told me above 10 mil is good. Don't mind me asking are you now still doing IUI?

Thanks dear for your encouragement. i guess worried also no use for now.

16 mil is a good count ma. My doctor told me above 10 mil is good. Don't mind me asking are you now still doing IUI?

Hmm I've decided to take a break for this month. Next month try again. Haha.

Not sure leh. The doctor said it was borderline low.

Hmm I've decided to take a break for this month. Next month try again. Haha.

Not sure leh. The doctor said it was borderline low.

You seeing which doctor now? My hubby wanted a chicken baby so this 2 months i no break after i rested 6 months after my MC, immediately after fail IUI last month i start another cycle. But touch wood if really fail, i will take a break for 6 months than start new cycle again.

You seeing which doctor now? My hubby wanted a chicken baby so this 2 months i no break after i rested 6 months after my MC, immediately after fail IUI last month i start another cycle. But touch wood if really fail, i will take a break for 6 months than start new cycle again.

I'm at SGH! How about you? :)

Jiayou! I hope you succeed this time round.

Hi All,

I have been with KKH since last sept, after all the pre screening and checking for fertility issues for my husband and myself result came out as 'unexplained fertility'. Aft 6mth of just prescribing me with folic acid the doctor advised us to go for SO-IUI.

After much consideration, we went to TFC to consult Dr Loh Seong Feei. We felt the doctor was not rushing and took time to explain things. He also justified why he is recommending us SO-IUI. We are now relieved and feel we should go for it.

Waiting for next cycle of Day 1 inorder to start on the med and injections....

Lets be positive ladies... #ifgodwills

Hi All,

I have been with KKH since last sept, after all the pre screening and checking for fertility issues for my husband and myself result came out as 'unexplained fertility'. Aft 6mth of just prescribing me with folic acid the doctor advised us to go for SO-IUI.

After much consideration, we went to TFC to consult Dr Loh Seong Feei. We felt the doctor was not rushing and took time to explain things. He also justified why he is recommending us SO-IUI. We are now relieved and feel we should go for it.

Waiting for next cycle of Day 1 inorder to start on the med and injections....

Lets be positive ladies... #ifgodwills

Hi, Jia you. It's really a tough journey on this road to conceiving. SO-IUI works for me as i've conceive successful before through SO-IUI at my 1st attempt. Just sadly that it ended up as MC. I insist not to go through IVF as i think IVF is really very emotion draining. I am now at my 2ww after my 3rd round of SO-IUI. Praying for the best.

Today is 16dpiui. I tested using pregnancy test kit this morning and it was a negative. Was so disappointed and upset. But my AF is still not here yet. This is my first IUI, looks like I have to go for my 2nd attempt.

For me, I was only on clomid and HCG shot to trigger release of egg (I guess this is not called so-iui?). Had 1 mature egg and good sperm count so I am clueless what went wrong. Sigh

Feeling abit down/confused too today. Yest at 11dpiui i had some brown spotting..and it looked like the usual (sorry tmi) brownish discharge i get before AF. Today saw one small light pink spot. Plus some light cramping as well these few days. Im at CD23 today. AF due on 6th and starting to feel like its on its way

Hi Riyann, don't give up hope. It could be due to implantation bleeding. You can start testing after day 28

Anyone here who is taking clomid pills and at the same time taking Blackmores Conceive Well Gold? I'm thinking to start on blackmores supplement

Today is 16dpiui. I tested using pregnancy test kit this morning and it was a negative. Was so disappointed and upset. But my AF is still not here yet. This is my first IUI, looks like I have to go for my 2nd attempt.

For me, I was only on clomid and HCG shot to trigger release of egg (I guess this is not called so-iui?). Had 1 mature egg and good sperm count so I am clueless what went wrong. Sigh

hi i went through the same iui as you, only on letrozole and HCG shot but it failed too. Don't worry about it.

Good luck for your next cycle!

Hi Ladies, don't mind can share on hubby sperm count no? if hubby washed sperm at 6 million is it ok to get preg? i just did my 3rd IUI yesterday, my doctor say consider low side for 6 million. I had my 1st successful IUI with hubby washed sperm at 15million. But ended up with MC. 2nd IUI unsucessful. Upon hearing doctor words, i am now so worried about the result.
Dun worry. My hubby sperm count was not very ideal too but I strike on my first try. Stay positive!! Baby dust to u~~~~

Hi everyone, just wanted to share my experience with SO-IUI. After TTC for 5 years, hubby and i finally decided to try SO-IUI. We saw Dr SF Loh who concluded that our infertility was unexplained. We then started our fertility journey and now are parents to 3 kids (nope, they are not triplets)! I have gone through 3 successful SO-IUI for my pregnancies, thanks to Dr Loh! Will highly recommend him! Baby dust to all!

Hi everyone, just wanted to share my experience with SO-IUI. After TTC for 5 years, hubby and i finally decided to try SO-IUI. We saw Dr SF Loh who concluded that our infertility was unexplained. We then started our fertility journey and now are parents to 3 kids (nope, they are not triplets)! I have gone through 3 successful SO-IUI for my pregnancies, thanks to Dr Loh! Will highly recommend him! Baby dust to all!
Hi,

Was there any complications? I am planning for my first SO-IUI with Dr Loh. Would like to know more about your experience :)

Hi,

Was there any complications? I am planning for my first SO-IUI with Dr Loh. Would like to know more about your experience :)
Hi Nazyraw,

thankfully, there were no complications and everything went well. Dr Loh was very patient and explained things along the way. Will you be going to Thomson Fertility Centre?

Hi ladies, able to share cost for iui and so-iui under Dr SF Loh?

I did SO IUI with Dr Loh last dec, it cost me about $1800 or so... the procedure is 300plus, meds itself is 700plus with the consultation. Washing of sperm abt 200 and doing the blood test n another consultation before ovulation plus minus below 2k[/QUOTE]

My IUI is due in 1 or 2 days time but my husband is down with fever today. Will it affect the quality of the sperm? I am worried now...

Hi ladies, am new to this forum. I just had my #1 IUI yesterday. Now on 2WW, is there anything I need to be more cautious of? Do's and Dont's? Been having cramps since day before IUI, which the doc say could be due to ovulation.

Not sure if it's because I am a subsidised patient, doc was unfriendly/impatient in responding to our questions. How did you girls manage to get detailed information such as DH sperm count etc?

Hope to know more people on the same journey for support and encouragement. Baby dust to all ✨

Hi ladies, am new to this forum. I just had my #1 IUI yesterday. Now on 2WW, is there anything I need to be more cautious of? Do's and Dont's? Been having cramps since day before IUI, which the doc say could be due to ovulation.

Not sure if it's because I am a subsidised patient, doc was unfriendly/impatient in responding to our questions. How did you girls manage to get detailed information such as DH sperm count etc?

Hope to know more people on the same journey for support and encouragement. Baby dust to all ✨

Hmm, which hospital are you at?

Usually before the IUI procedure, the "sperm-washing" guy (haha. don't know what's his job name) will show me a test tube of the washed sperms and let me know the sperm count etc.

Hmm, which hospital are you at?

Usually before the IUI procedure, the "sperm-washing" guy (haha. don't know what's his job name) will show me a test tube of the washed sperms and let me know the sperm count etc.

Hi willowicy, which hospital are you at? We @ NUH. The lab techs didn't do that for us. After submitting sperm, signed some documents and off to clinic for IUI. Only heard doc mentioned I ovulated. Then he did IUI procedure.

Hi willowicy, which hospital are you at? We @ NUH. The lab techs didn't do that for us. After submitting sperm, signed some documents and off to clinic for IUI. Only heard doc mentioned I ovulated. Then he did IUI procedure.

I'm at SGH. Hmm, maybe you can ask the doctor if there is a next time? Sometimes the nurses don't tell me things, I just ask, like how many follicles I have etc.

Good luck to you!!

Hi all... I'm new to this forum... Currently am on the 2nd try of SO-IUI... Am due for check-up this Friday... A little bit worried coz am having some abdominal cramps for the past 3 days.. And some white-yellowish discharge... Is this normal?? Haiz... :(:confused:

Hi all... I'm new to this forum... Currently am on the 2nd try of SO-IUI... Am due for check-up this Friday... A little bit worried coz am having some abdominal cramps for the past 3 days.. And some white-yellowish discharge... Is this normal?? Haiz... :(:confused:

I am new to this forum too...
R u on medication ? Where ? Kkh ? Try to relax and drink warm water...

I am new to this forum too...
R u on medication ? Where ? Kkh ? Try to relax and drink warm water...

Hi Jas_Tohh... Am on medication; dydrogesterone for 19days... Currently, i'm with Dr. Jessie Phoon at KKH... For the past 1 week, i hv try to relax myself, not thinking much abt diz procedure after i hv failed the 1st so-iui...
How abt urself?? Doing iui or ivf treatment??

Hi Jas_Tohh... Am on medication; dydrogesterone for 19days... Currently, i'm with Dr. Jessie Phoon at KKH... For the past 1 week, i hv try to relax myself, not thinking much abt diz procedure after i hv failed the 1st so-iui...
How abt urself?? Doing iui or ivf treatment??

Same here i am also under Dr Jessie Phoon at kkh. I did so iui so it is pure injection 100 for about 10+ days coz i hit good friday week need another 3 days injection to delay ovulation . All the best!

Hi Soon to be mum,

This is my very first time discussing about TTC. i have been TTC for 3 years and only able to convince my hubby we need to have a check up.

We started our RE journey last April and after trying different medication. I had my First round on 29 May 2017 at KKH, which make me 4dpiui. the 2ww is really hard.

If this round not successful, i will have IVF in August or September.

Same here i am also under Dr Jessie Phoon at kkh. I did so iui so it is pure injection 100 for about 10+ days coz i hit good friday week need another 3 days injection to delay ovulation . All the best!

All the best to u, Jas_Tohh...

Went to KKH for my blood test... Waited for 3hrs for the result... The nurse called & mention abt hcg low 16.5... :(:( But i did pregnancy test for the last 3 days & all tests showed positive... :confused::cool:

Just wonder if anybody knows if there's any way of increasing hcg level... Will need to go back for blood test again on Monday...

Went to KKH for my blood test... Waited for 3hrs for the result... The nurse called & mention abt hcg low 16.5... :(:( But i did pregnancy test for the last 3 days & all tests showed positive... :confused::cool:

Just wonder if anybody knows if there's any way of increasing hcg level... Will need to go back for blood test again on Monday...

Congrats ! is this ur first IUI?

I have just seen gynae at KKH and awaiting for all the blood test and seman analysis... now wait for my period to start to go for HSG...any idea how to induce mens? Today is my CD 28

Hi Soon to be mum,

This is my very first time discussing about TTC. i have been TTC for 3 years and only able to convince my hubby we need to have a check up.

We started our RE journey last April and after trying different medication. I had my First round on 29 May 2017 at KKH, which make me 4dpiui. the 2ww is really hard.

If this round not successful, i will have IVF in August or September.

Have u already put in Q for ivf? Cause to what i know Q was already in sep when i see doc in end may.

Hi,

If pregnant, it should double up every 48-72 hours. Gd luck for yr next blood test.

Congrats ! is this ur first IUI?

I have just seen gynae at KKH and awaiting for all the blood test and seman analysis... now wait for my period to start to go for HSG...any idea how to induce mens? Today is my CD 28

Yes, it was my first SO-IUI and successful! Dr Jessie Poon given us 10-13% successful chances ! I spent abt $2500 for the whole procedure.

I am not sure how to induce mens, however u need to go through financial consulting with kkivf centre before you embark in IUI/SO IUI.

Currently on first trimester having bad nauseous.

Jas_Tohh,
2500 $ at KKH for IUI? wow, so much. I have all papers for IUI from SGH Dr Yu , it is mentioned in the docs that IUI 600$ plus 128$ each scan. I thought it would be about 1200$ maximum, because at raffles it costs 1800$.

Hi everyone,
My first IUI will be on this sat.. just did a scan today CD11, one follicle 29mm and one follicle 23mm on each ovary. Quite sad as the follicle size seems to be too big. Had trigger injection just now but IUI only on this sat. Wonder if anyone here had experience with big follicles for IUI? Will it really affect the success rate? And why my follicles so big but IUI not tmr instead of Sat? was very sian when I know the follicle size so didn't ask the nurse..

Jas_Tohh,
2500 $ at KKH for IUI? wow, so much. I have all papers for IUI from SGH Dr Yu , it is mentioned in the docs that IUI 600$ plus 128$ each scan. I thought it would be about 1200$ maximum, because at raffles it costs 1800$.

Cause in KKH, it is so-iui. Mine also appx 2.5k. Need to jab just like ivf with regular scan, trigger, then so-iui procedure to transfer sperm in.

Hi everyone,
My first IUI will be on this sat.. just did a scan today CD11, one follicle 29mm and one follicle 23mm on each ovary. Quite sad as the follicle size seems to be too big. Had trigger injection just now but IUI only on this sat. Wonder if anyone here had experience with big follicles for IUI? Will it really affect the success rate? And why my follicles so big but IUI not tmr instead of Sat? was very sian when I know the follicle size so didn't ask the nurse..

Ideally it should be 15-18mm then trigger. This is yr first scan?
Not sure if too big is gd but i think 23mm ones fall into the normal range.
Not all follicle will contain egg, but during iui we wont know unless it is ivf they will know how many matured eggs retrieve from follicles. Anyway just go ahead and see how it goes. Good luck baby dust to you.
Doctor didn't cancel probably they think it is okay. Just trust the professionals and hope for the best.

Yr IUI can't be tomorrow as yr trigger is today. The egg will only be release appx 36 hours later.

Ideally it should be 15-18mm then trigger. This is yr first scan?
Not sure if too big is gd but i think 23mm ones fall into the normal range.
Not all follicle will contain egg, but during iui we wont know unless it is ivf they will know how many matured eggs retrieve from follicles. Anyway just go ahead and see how it goes. Good luck baby dust to you.
Doctor didn't cancel probably they think it is okay. Just trust the professionals and hope for the best.

Yr IUI can't be tomorrow as yr trigger is today. The egg will only be release appx 36 hours later.

Hi Daledale,

Yup, on clomid for 5 days and yesterday was the first scan.. I think cos first IUI, doc couldn't predict well as he is overseas and I insisted to do this cycle. I very gan jiong, don't want to miss a cycle.. hehe. Can only pin hopes on the 23mm one.. :D

Jas_Tohh,

There is two kind of IUI. One is SO-IUI & IUI. iui is cheaper that involve oral medicinations from the nurses who told me. SO IUI involve jab on CD2 - 10 for me with 100ml puregon. My case was to review on CD7,9,11 before doing the IUI procedure. I was hit on good friday public holiday therefore the doc decided to give me 3 jab ( to be taken in the morning) to delay ovaluation. Can u image i hate to jab two times my tummy in the morning. Very painful right and left side. However everything worth it.
All the best !

Hello everyone,
Just did my 1st IUI this morning. Dr advised to BD tonight if possible. Anyone here BD on the day of IUI? Not sure if it will affect the womb environment. :rolleyes:

Hello everyone,
Just did my 1st IUI this morning. Dr advised to BD tonight if possible. Anyone here BD on the day of IUI? Not sure if it will affect the womb environment. :rolleyes:
I think if its doc's advise, u shud go ahead . Ive heard both - there r some clinics who advise against it perhaps just to avoid the possibility of multiples (maybe for those who responded very well to the meds and has alot of big follies) n some clinics who advise/encourage to BD before and/or after - the extra sperm may increase chances i think. But if u have concern abt affecting the environment of the womb, maybe can take it slow n gentle, no rough play..?

I think if its doc's advise, u shud go ahead . Ive heard both - there r some clinics who advise against it perhaps just to avoid the possibility of multiples (maybe for those who responded very well to the meds and has alot of big follies) n some clinics who advise/encourage to BD before and/or after - the extra sperm may increase chances i think. But if u have concern abt affecting the environment of the womb, maybe can take it slow n gentle, no rough play..?
Hi RiyanN,
Oh, I shall see how.. still having dull pain from the procedure. Thanks!

Hi gals, I'm new here.
we intend to do ivf, but KKH doctor advise us to do iui or so-iui nx mth. Anyone can share the cost for it? Can i use the medisave to cover all the cost? I am a subsidised patient under KKH.

Hi gals, I'm new here.
we intend to do ivf, but KKH doctor advise us to do iui or so-iui nx mth. Anyone can share the cost for it? Can i use the medisave to cover all the cost? I am a subsidised patient under KKH.
Appx 2.5k depends on the dose. Yes you can use medisave but ART first claim is max 6k, 2nd claim is 5k, 3rd claim onwards is 4k, total capped at 15k. So if you use yr first claim for so-iui, yr next ivf claim gov co-fund 6.3k medisave claim will be 5k since it is 2nd ART.

Back