confinement nanny current market price

SammiAw

Anyone delivering this year and care to share how much they are paying the CL for 4 weeks?

Pls share month of service needed and if the CL is from an agency (which one?) Or an independent CL?

Hi Sammi,

I'm in the midst of confinement now. This is the 3rd time that I've hired the same nanny. She charged $2700 for 28 days. She's not from agency.

@Sharon Mok thanks for your reply.
I reckon she's a msian nanny?
Did her price increase from the last 2 times she did for you?
I'm keen to hire my previous CL, she wants to charge 2600 now, 2500 two years ago.
I called pem confinement agency and got a quote of 2250 for November as it is still a few months ahead so was pretty shocked at the price difference.
Seems like independent CL charges same price regardless how far you book ahead. :(

@Day_Dreaming just curious, do u know why agency charge cheaper than independent ones. I remember one agency quoting about 2300.
So who did u hire in the end?

Yes I am aware. :) To use specific cl at agency, one needs to top up another $200. I'm not comfortable with a randomly assigned cl from agency.

I'll be hiring independent cl used by friend though she costs more. I've no knowledge of babysitting and want a peaceful confinement.

Last edited:
I am a first time mum looking for CL as well. Does anyone have recommendation for experienced CL who can take good care of baby and is not too strict about confinement customs (e.g. allow mummy to wash hair)? If we were to contact independent CL from Msia, do we need to apply employment visa for them?

Hi wishingstar, you will need apply confinement nanny permit from mom website on her 1st day work.
My mum is a confinement nanny, she very friendly.
When is your due date?
She will be free after my confinement.

Wow, thanks for the info. My EDD is end Oct but i have a feeling it will be earlier if things goes smoothly. I do not have a helper at home and a scary MIL who might pop by and scream at things. Not sure if you'd want your mum to be subjected to that though :p

Hellos! It's my first pregnancy so I'm clueless about confinement. Will the confinement nanny stay with you? Because my BTO not ready so Im staying with my parents. My edd is Nov. TIA!

I'm currently doing my confinement now with a Malaysian CL. She's proven to be competent at her job and I would recommend her. Can email me at [email protected] for more details or to speak/ interview her personally.

Hellos! It's my first pregnancy so I'm clueless about confinement. Will the confinement nanny stay with you? Because my BTO not ready so Im staying with my parents. My edd is Nov. TIA!

Yes the CL will stay overnight with you. The baby will wake up in middle of the night one.

For your info, even for malaysia just work for 28 days also must get permit for them to work in singapore.
W/O permit they can't work in singapore. If kana caught, they will suspend come in to sg for work any more.
Application fee is $30 and levy only $60.

Hi all mums,

Would you recommend daytime CL, as my in laws are not comfortable with stay-in?

Daytime CL means you need to wake up at night to take care of baby. If you are planning to latch baby then maybe it's not a big diff. But I'm inclined to get a stay-in CL so that we can get as much rest as we can :)

If u getting a stay in confinement nanny ,so surely she will stay at ur place for 28 days.if from Malaysia n if she's working for 4weeks then u don't have to apply any permit cos they will entre as s tourist for 30days.My confinement nanny will look after my baby during the nite cos I will pump out the milk n keep inside the fridge. She cook very nutritional food for me n during the dinner for my hubby too.My Confinment nanny were a nurse before that why she not like those old grandmother type.I mean superstitions type which does allow u to wash ur hair

Care to share ur CL contact?

I have an excellent confinement lady to recommend. She's a Malaysian and can cook fantastic confinement food. Very experienced with babies. She has three daughters and seven grandchildren all handled by her. She is very knowledgable in confinement food, recipes, therefore will be of great help especially for first time mum. And not to mention that she's of a great help with the newborn too. Definitely relieve much stress of all mummies!!
You may reply here if you need her details.

I have an excellent confinement lady to recommend. She's a Malaysian and can cook fantastic confinement food. Very experienced with babies. She has three daughters and seven grandchildren all handled by her. She is very knowledgable in confinement food, recipes, therefore will be of great help especially for first time mum. And not to mention that she's of a great help with the newborn too. Definitely relieve much stress of all mummies!!
Hi. Can u pm me your CL contact? Thanks

Hi all, I have another excellent confinement lady to recommend. My sil's CL. She cooks really well & you don't even feel that you are in confinement at all. She's very modern & does not force you to follow the confinement rules. She charges $2800 for 28 days.

She is Auntie Yi Guan.
Hp: 8303 2722.

She is only available in Oct for 2016.
So hurry for those delivering in Oct.

Anyone delivering this year and care to share how much they are paying the CL for 4 weeks?

Pls share month of service needed and if the CL is from an agency (which one?) Or an independent CL?

Hello,

My confinement lady is a Malaysian lady. She help me with my first kiddo and now back to help me with my 2nd kiddo. She charge me $2800 + 2 hong bao 3 years ago and told me this round will charge me $3000 + 2 hongbao. (She claims that her current asking price is $3200.

She did a fantastic job (Score: 11/10) the 1st time round, but I felt that her standard have drop this time around (Score: 7.5/10). I suspect due to her age is catching up.

Cheers,

Anyone here is planning to hire CL over 2017 CNY? Looks like over CNY is double the cost. I was quoted SGD 5K (discounted from 5.6K as usual rate is now 2.8K) as my EDD is mid-Jan 2017. Haha~ i might as well take tingkat services.

Anyone here is planning to hire CL over 2017 CNY? Looks like over CNY is double the cost. I was quoted SGD 5K (discounted from 5.6K as usual rate is now 2.8K) as my EDD is mid-Jan 2017. Haha~ i might as well take tingkat services.

Hi my CL charged $2800+$1000 for 28 days confinement during CNY.

She has 20 years experiences and currently is doing 40 days confinement for me now till end of September.
She is good in take care of my baby and oso me thus I recommend her if u looking for a good CL.

You may contact her for more details if keen.
Aunty Mei Yun
Sg 8285 3927
Msia +6016 7512944

Last edited:
I will only know in Dec. So far, this agency has the fastest response and thery aren't as pushy as PEM confinement that's why i chose them

I'm having my confinement now as I have just delivered my second baby. I must say CL is a great help if you can afford it. All I need to do is to eat, pump and rest. Compared to my first baby I didn't have CL, I was so tired that I had minor post natal depression..

This nanny I hired through an agent and paid $2.8k for 28days. She is very quick in doing things and set good routine for the baby and me. She is not very traditional type and follow what I want (I told her I want to wash my hair as I can't take it! She cooks the lemongrass+ginger water for me to wash hair). However she is also that kind when baby cries (not his feeding time) she will not care unless baby is crying very loud and more than 2min. After that she will go in the room to check out the baby and pat him to sleep. She said she doesn't want to cultivate the carry/rock baby to sleep habit. I agreed cos for my first baby I had to carry her to sleep and made me very tired.

If anyone is keen to hire her, can contact Aunty May at ‪+60 167891980‬ or ‪+65 8267 9033.

Can I have her details please.

Hi PWW,

can please give me her contact details? Thank you!

Hi all, I have another excellent confinement lady to recommend. My sil's CL. She cooks really well & you don't even feel that you are in confinement at all. She's very modern & does not force you to follow the confinement rules. She charges $2800 for 28 days.

She is Auntie Yi Guan.
Hp: 8303 2722.

She is only available in Oct for 2016.
So hurry for those delivering in Oct.
Hi Sammi,

I'm in the midst of confinement now. This is the 3rd time that I've hired the same nanny. She charged $2700 for 28 days. She's not from agency.

Hi Sharon,

Can I have the contacts of your CL please? Thank you.

Can I please have her contact. Thank you.

Hi All. I have a good and reliable CL introduce. She is a indonesian chinese 58 years. From batam. Not a very traditional style. Usually she quoted $2300. Can call her whatsapp +6285264414668 aunty Gim Hua

Had a really good confinement nanny from Malaysia. She travelled to Perth and stayed with me for 40 days. Her name is Fong +60 12-210 8391. Feel free to contact her for pricing. I highly recommend !! When you speak with her, feel free to let her know that you got her number through Priscilla.

All the best!

Hi, Wats her charges like..?

Hi,

I want to share my experience n recommend my CL.
Aunty Lanjie has more than 20 yrs of experience.
This is my 3rd bb, I got her as my previous CL is getting old. (my first was 11 yrs ago)

I was lucky to get a good one as I had google for recommended ones by mummies on website.

Aunty can cook very well, even coaching my new Myanmar maid to cook...
She is very responsible n most importantly, have a heart for bb.

She encourages BF and feeds my BF diligently. (I prefer to pump out)

This is her Malaysia contact. Hope u will have a good sleep like me, knowing bb is in good hands.

She has received booking for June July ,sep Oct , Nov 2017.

Her contact here is 9 149 1959

+60 13 935 9336 (Malaysia)

Last edited:
Had a really good confinement nanny from Malaysia. She travelled to Perth and stayed with me for 40 days. Her name is Fong +60 12-210 8391. Feel free to contact her for pricing. I highly recommend !! When you speak with her, feel free to let her know that you got her number through Priscilla.

All the best!
@Perth mummy, Mind sharing this confinement lady's charges?

Hi,

I want to share my experience n recommend my CL.
Aunty Lanjie has more than 20 yrs of experience.
This is my 3rd bb, I got her as my previous CL is getting old. (my first was 11 yrs ago)

I was lucky to get a good one as I had google for recommended ones by mummies on website.

Aunty can cook very well, even coaching my new Myanmar maid to cook...
She is very responsible n most importantly, have a heart for bb.

She encourages BF and feeds my BF diligently. (I prefer to pump out)

This is her Malaysia contact. Hope u will have a good sleep like me, knowing bb is in good hands.

She has received booking for June July ,sep Oct , Nov 2017.

Her contact here is 9 149 1959

+60 13 935 9336 (Malaysia)

I use Lanjie when I delivered in Jun 16. She is as good as mentioned by Loving Soup.

She is my confinement lady for my 2nd delivery and her cooking is bagus. My HB loves her dinners. My MIL learnt a few dishes from her. MIL also asked her to make 梅菜扣肉 twice and she kindly oblige. Very easy going and hardworking.

She hardly rested cos my baby stayed up crying sometimes then she wld carry and I can see her so tired when i get up to pump. In the day time no slack, hardly rest also.

She also manages the household well, although it is not part of the package. My toddler who was unfriendly to strangers also warmed up to her and played w her. She really likes children.

Pro-bf too, she is good w breast massage and helped me when I was in so much pain. Just one nite of "treatment" my engorgement cleared. She really puts my heart at ease throughout the time. Really is jackpot for finding a gem like her.

All the best for ur search and confinement!

Reactions: Wlj
If you require baby clothes laundry, I recommend LaundryCares where they use a dedicated PH7 biodegradable laundry detergent for washing the soiled baby clothes which are more environmentally friendly and also not harmful to the baby.

Hi all. I want to introduce CL. She is 58 years. She is from batam indonesian. Can speak mandarin and hokkian. Not a traditional style. Very clean. Not a calculative person, Usually she quoted $2300 28 days. Call/ chat her whatsapp +6285264414668 aunty Gim Hua

hi can you please PM me her contact thanks

Back