Adenomyosis

sesametan

Hi,

Anyone has severe diffused adenomyosis who is trying to get conceive. I've severe adenomyosis which my uterus cannot stretch to accommodate pregnancy. Im thinking of doing adenomyomectomy to reduce the size, but then there are risks associated with it. A

Are there any ladies who have the same condition as me.

Hi,

Anyone has severe diffused adenomyosis who is trying to get conceive. I've severe adenomyosis which my uterus cannot stretch to accommodate pregnancy. Im thinking of doing adenomyomectomy to reduce the size, but then there are risks associated with it. A

Are there any ladies who have the same condition as me.
I have the same condition, have bad cramp every month. I opted out for surgery as it can't be removed completely and partly due to the risks involved. I have prob trying to conceive 2nd child and seeing a fertility doc, likelihood will have to go for ivf.

I have the same condition, have bad cramp every month. I opted out for surgery as it can't be removed completely and partly due to the risks involved. I have prob trying to conceive 2nd child and seeing a fertility doc, likelihood will have to go for ivf.
Hi, it cant remove completely and will come back very fast. Are you seeing any gynae now? Did he propose a solution?

Happen to cross this thread, just to inform that a friend of mine who had adenomyosis had gone surgery and when she tried for IVF, she failed. Thanks to God she's now pregnant by natural method. Hope this can give some motivation.

Happen to cross this thread, just to inform that a friend of mine who had adenomyosis had gone surgery and when she tried for IVF, she failed. Thanks to God she's now pregnant by natural method. Hope this can give some motivation.
Thank you. You have given me hope. did she go thru adenomyomectomy to remove disfuse or focal adenomyosis?

hi all

i have adenomyoma extreme painful menses every month. how do you cope with the monthly menses?

went to fertility doc and she told me that the fertility drug injection will make adenomoyma grow bigger.
Anyone tried that?

anyone tried Yasmin? how is it?

Hi Chloe,

I also got this pain . I m trying out tcm with acupuncture now to manage the pain. yeah really painful with clots. How old are u huh?

Mine come with endometriosis too

Hi Chloe,

I also got this pain . I m trying out tcm with acupuncture now to manage the pain. yeah really painful with clots. How old are u huh?

Mine come with endometriosis too

I gg to be 40 soon. Doc advised to go for surgery to remove Adenomyoma before Ivf.

Which tcm did u go? Does it reduce yr menses pain?

I usually load myself with alot of pain killers and bedrest for 2 days. But its really messy, cos flow is heavy.

Fertility drugs will make adenomyoma, cysts, fibroid grow bigger.

What painkillers did u take? Does it reduce the pain? I am taking acorxia 120mg. But is useless.

Hi sesame,

thank you so much for your reply. yeah I also load myself with lots of pain killers too.

Chloe : I try Out the acuputure at tang Shan opp NTUC finest Marine Parade . Hope it works.

Saw a fuyan pill on website that can solve our problems. Wanted to order but hubby scared is a scam. But this fuyan pill seems to be able to solve our problem. Will you order ? $800 per month

Hi sesame,

thank you so much for your reply. yeah I also load myself with lots of pain killers too.

Chloe : I try Out the acuputure at tang Shan opp NTUC finest Marine Parade . Hope it works.

Saw a fuyan pill on website that can solve our problems. Wanted to order but hubby scared is a scam. But this fuyan pill seems to be able to solve our problem. Will you order ? $800 per month

dun think i will order it. i rather go to tcm doc for medication

Hi everyone,
Sorry for this long post but I just had to share.

I had severe adenomyosis and it was so hard ttc. Even went for ivf twice and failed. It was very disheartening. Especially since I am over 35 yo.

My symptoms are the terrible ones adenomyosis sufferers have to go thru monthly. Horrible cramps for 2 weeks, extremely heavy bleeding etc. It was hell.
I had severe adenomyosis for about 8 years.

Last year, after failing ivf yet again, I decided to have my adenomyosis removed. The monthly pain was getting too much and I really wanted to conceive. So I seeked advice from the doc I was seeing at kkh. He was reluctant to perform a surgery on me. His reply was that it would be an unsatisfying surgery for him and for me. His reason is that the adenomyosis will come back again even after surgery.

I was disappointed. I knew the adenomyosis might come back but I was hoping I could get pregnant before that happened.
So.. I did some more research and went to a private doctor at gleneagles medical. He was very good from the start and ultimately he did the surgery for me in June 2016.

It was an invasive surgery. And my doc removed about 11 adenomyosis tumors. They were benign but a couple were the size of grapefruits. Because the growths were also on the uterus walls, he basically had to slice my uterus open. Once he removed the tumors, he reconstructed it back.

Recovery was swift. My belly was not bloated anymore and my uterus went back to its normal size. There is also no more crazy monthly pains! I mean yea, there were normal cramps but no psycho pains that made me have to stay in bed.

My husband and I were advised by doc not to ttc yet until my external and internal stitches healed. We ttc in earnest this year and so far nothing. Last week, we found out we were pregnant.

It's still early days yet but I do believe, without the surgery, it would not have been possible for us. At least, for someone with my level of adenomyosis.
Thanks for reading and I wish the best for everyone!

Hi everyone,

I had severe adenomyosis and it was so hard ttc. Even went for ivf twice and failed. It was very disheartening. Especially since I am over 35 yo.

My symptoms are the terrible ones adenomyosis sufferers have to go thru monthly. Horrible cramps for 2 weeks, extremely heavy bleeding etc. It was hell.

Last year, after failing ivf yet again, I decided to have my adenomyosis removed. The monthly pain was getting too much and I really wanted to conceive. So I seeked advice from the doc I was seeing at kkh. He was reluctant to perform a surgery on me. His reply was that it would be an unsatisfying surgery for him and for me. His reason is that the adenomyosis will come back again even after surgery.

I was disappointed. I knew the adenomyosis might come back but I was hoping I could get pregnant before that happened.
So.. I did some more research and went to a private doctor at gleneagles medical. He was very good from the start and ultimately he did the surgery for me in June 2016.

It was an invasive surgery. And my doc removed about 11 adenomyosis tumors. They were benign but a couple were the size of grapefruits. Because the growths were also on the uterus walls, he basically had to slice my uterus open. Once he removed the tumors, he reconstructed it back.

Recovery was swift. My belly was not bloated anymore and my uterus went back to its normal size. There is also no more crazy monthly pains! I mean yea, there were normal cramps but no psycho pains that made me have to stay in bed.

My husband and I were advised by doc not to ttc yet until my external and internal stitches healed. We ttc in earnest this year and so far nothing. Last week, we found out we were pregnant.

It's still early days yet but I do believe, without the surgery, it would not have been possible for us. At least, for someone with my level of adenomyosis.
I just did adenomyomectomy, still recovering at the hospital. However, only manage to reduce the size into half from 16 weeks to 8 weeks. Hopefully I can get good results

Congrats Sueism:)

happy for u. reading your conditions at the number of tumours removed make me realise the amount of pain you had to go thru each month. U are brave n never give up. How Long is the op n how much ?

I m also looking at way to reduce monthly pain like acupucture. yeah hate the time of the month too. cannot n dun wan to plan anything at that time.

Continue to rest n have a great pregnancy :)

Sesame, Jia you n dun give up.

Focus on healing n building up your health. how much it cost to do this op? What is the resting period like ?

I m having great pains but not sure should go for it

Congrats Sueism:)

happy for u. reading your conditions at the number of tumours removed make me realise the amount of pain you had to go thru each month. U are brave n never give up. How Long is the op n how much ?

I m also looking at way to reduce monthly pain like acupucture. yeah hate the time of the month too. cannot n dun wan to plan anything at that time.

Continue to rest n have a great pregnancy :)
Hi Sunbelle,

The op lasted about 2 hours. According to my husband haha, I was out of it.
It cost us 18k. We used 4k from medisave. It is expensive to me and you can probably get the same surgery at kk or nuh. I was just disappointed with kk and just couldn't take the pain and ttc fails anymore.

I feel if you do research on getting the right doctor to do this, it's worth it ultimately.

Recovery didn't take too long. The external wound was fully closed within a month for me. The internal is apparently still healing, so definitely no heavy lifting and housework for 6 months.

When I was dealing with adeno, I couldn't get thru my monthlys without neurofen and Bengay. I get my painkillers from Aust, the painkillers are just more effective. Bengay, my husband rubbed at my lower back. It killed me every month.

I never tried acupuncture but it might help. This condition is just Soo bad that we'll do almost anything to feel better. Good luck Sunbelle!

Hi Sunbelle,

It cost us 18k. We used 4k from medisave. It is expensive to me and you can probably get the same surgery at kk or nuh. I was just disappointed with kk and just couldn't take the pain and ttc fails anymore.

I feel if you do research on getting the right doctor to do this, it's worth it ultimately.

Recovery didn't take too long. The external wound was fully closed within a month for me. The internal is apparently still healing, so definitely no heavy lifting and housework for 6 months.

When I was dealing with adeno, I couldn't get thru my monthlys without neurofen and Bengay. I get my painkillers from Aust, the painkillers are just more effective. Bengay, my husband rubbed at my lower back. It killed me every month.

I never tried acupuncture but it might help. This condition is just Soo bad that we'll do almost anything to feel better. Good luck Sunbelle!

Hi Sueism,

thanks for sharing. feel encouraged to read it.
How much is the ivf at glenegales?
Did u take the lucrin injection before or after surgery?

Good to learn your positive experience. Fully understand that we will do anything for it. I m trying second one cos my kid Wan a companion. At least minimum is lesser pain each month

Hi Sueism,

thanks for sharing. feel encouraged to read it.
How much is the ivf at glenegales?
Did u take the lucrin injection before or after surgery?
Hi Chloe,

Sorry I didn't clear this up haha. I didn't do ivf at gleneagles. I did my adenomyosis removal surgery there.

I got pregnant naturally 10 months after the surgery.

I did ivf twice at kkh. Both failed.

Sueism,

Thank you so much for sharing :) yeah I will go buy one to stand by for this month.

yeah I m looking actively for acupucture now. to help relieve the pain. are you able to PM me the gynae that u seen for your surgery? Mine is Dr SF Loh but I felt he is very busy n had lots of patients n work to do. He is a good gynae too.

Hi all

When you did the surgery to remove adenomyosis or adenomyoma, did u take Lucrin injections before or after surgery? Did yr menses stop after the first month or second month injection?

no did not take any surgery to remove adeyomosis. instead only take lap to remove endo. After that follow by lucrin injection to stop the Menses.

How about yourself ?

no did not take any surgery to remove adeyomosis. instead only take lap to remove endo. After that follow by lucrin injection to stop the Menses.

How about yourself ?
does lap means key hole surgery?

is your first menses after surgery painful?

I spoke to gynae in Glenagles, and she told me that she will remove the adenemyoma and "wash the uterus". the first menses will still come after the 2nd shot of lucrin.

Anyone one been through the surgery before?

yes lap means key hole surgery.

1st mense after surgery usually is not painful jus that it might go hey Wire.

What your gynae suggests is that is an open cut operation right? This is the major one that need at least 6mths to recover ?

yes lap means key hole surgery.

1st mense after surgery usually is not painful jus that it might go hey Wire.

What your gynae suggests is that is an open cut operation right? This is the major one that need at least 6mths to recover ?
Yes, for lap did they manage to clear up adenomyosis?

Not possible to clear adeyomosis thru lap cos the areas are hidden from sight. Only an open c Sec op can clear it.

Hi Sunbelle,

Hi Sueism, how's your pregnancy so far? Doing good?

Hi everyone, I need advise. Went for check up last week and gynae mentioned my uterus is enlarged. I feel that I keep have the urge of going to pee, monthly menses is usually delayed by 10-15 days. 2nd to 4th days more heavier but manageable by taking painkiller. End about 7 days. Bad cramps. I had gave birth to 2 kids and gynae ask me to remove uterus since I had gave birth. Anyone can advise me? No medication, iron pills, epo and fish oil is given. I had visited Dr Chen mei er and she gave me medicine. I don wish to remove the uterus

Hi everyone,

Can i know which gynae u consult ?

Congrats Which gynae u visited huh? Sueism.

How long is the surgery to remove the adeyomosis? How much it cost? How long are u on MC?

Hi everyone,

Hi sueism

Pls kindly advise which gynae u consulted. Wish to consult due to my situation. Thanks

Hi im glad to have found this forum. I been told I havve adenomyosis and have been having unbearable pains up to 2 weeks in a month for the past 1 year! It just been torturous! I have to stop work for awhile now and seeking tcm treatment for 2 months plus, its been up and down. I didnt want to consider taking hormone pills cos but the pain been unbearable at times I am considering surgery. However Im not married yet and ncyot sure what are the options available for adenomyosis since the position of the cyst is in the uterus wall? May I know how do they perform keyhole to remove the cyst in the uterus wall? Does it provide relief and come back soon? Which doctor and hospital have you consulted? Would appreciate any lights on this! thank you

Hi im glad to have found this forum. I been told I havve adenomyosis and have been having unbearable pains up to 2 weeks in a month for the past 1 year! It just been torturous! I have to stop work for awhile now and seeking tcm treatment for 2 months plus, its been up and down. I didnt want to consider taking hormone pills cos but the pain been unbearable at times I am considering surgery. However Im not married yet and ncyot sure what are the options available for adenomyosis since the position of the cyst is in the uterus wall? May I know how do they perform keyhole to remove the cyst in the uterus wall? Does it provide relief and come back soon? Which doctor and hospital have you consulted? Would appreciate any lights on this! thank you

Hi pooikuan82

Had pm u

Hi ladies

Anyone know of uterine fibroids embolisation procedure, is it effective for adnomyosis?

Last edited:

I feel that Gov should create awareness to the public and employer that women suffering from this. No one understand how we go through and thought that we are just so fragile that we can't stand menses and some pelvic pain. It's really depressing and we really need support and understanding from public!

Back