Skincare & cosmetics

Hi all mommies & mommies to be, I just discover that there are certain ingredients that cannot be used during pregnancy such as Retinol (or any vitamin a derivatives with retiny something), Sacrylic Acid (or any names that sound the same like sacrylate something) etc.

I looked at my newly bought sk2 hydrating mask and found out that I cannot use cos it contains sacrylicacid.
*sian*

I am also trying to check if I can continue using my
Other sk2 products such as whitening source, origins hydrating moisturizer, which apparently don't contain the above said products but sk2 particularly sure contain paraben.
I am also using shiseido makeup powder foundation & some Mac products.

Do you have any recommendations or advice for skin care and cosmetics?

Hi all mommies & mommies to be, I just discover that there are certain ingredients that cannot be used during pregnancy such as Retinol (or any vitamin a derivatives with retiny something), Sacrylic Acid (or any names that sound the same like sacrylate something) etc.

I looked at my newly bought sk2 hydrating mask and found out that I cannot use cos it contains sacrylicacid.
*sian*

I am also trying to check if I can continue using my
Other sk2 products such as whitening source, origins hydrating moisturizer, which apparently don't contain the above said products but sk2 particularly sure contain paraben.
I am also using shiseido makeup powder foundation & some Mac products.

Do you have any recommendations or advice for skin care and cosmetics?

I think most of the Laneige range is safe to use during pregnancy, except whitening range. You may want to check them out.

I'm pregnant and use SK-II . Wasn't aware it contained ingredients that cannot be used .

Thanks for the info.

I stop using my Lancôme products the moment I learnt of my preg as some products contain Retinol. My family dr recommended Simple. So I change to Simple during pregnancy. The moisturizer is less than $10 and available at watsons and guardian. Both my kids are ok. After giving birth, I switch back to Lancôme.

I hv checked with sk2 both online and offline. Both told me their ingredients are natural and hence safe to be used for pregnancy.

To play safe, I dun use them everyday. Only once a while..

All cosmetic company will tell you their products are safe to use during pregnancy. It's up to you to believe. However if u want to be safe choose one that's paraben phalates and fragrance free especially in case you are carrying a boy. Whitening range and products with minerals are no no. I discard all my laneige, clarins n sk2 products when preg. I bought origins. There is a range without all these ingredients. Used clarins stretch marks cream which swore by many mummies but not me. And bought organic powder but seldom use. Basically I go make up free.

Hi mummies, I am using la roche posay facial cleansing gel and am carrying a boy. For my breakouts, I will apply a thin layer of oxy10. I did checked with the gynae was told it's ok to apply oxy but not too much.

I was very kiasu, worried that my face cream or toothpaste n all that will have negative effect on my baby. After research, I found that I could use Cactus Hydrating Lotion so I used it on my face, hands, and even on my tummy to prevent stretch marks. The lotion is very smooth and free from paraben/ retinol / triclosan...
Can PM me if you want to know more.

Hi ladies. I actually checked with SK-II and Clarins if it was safe to use their products during pregnancy.
Basically, Clarins mentioned that their ingredients do not penetrate through the skin layers into the blood circulation. So its basically safe for use during pregnancy.
However, SK-II basically told me to check with my physician. :(

You can search some online cosmetics as the detail of the product with the brand is mentioned. Other than cosmetic eye protection is also important during such days as high exposure to UV rays may cause skin cancer prefer wearing a sunglasses and sunscreen lotion to avoid skin related problems you can even search for some websites for more information.

Dear Mums, I am on hand using all natural shampoo, hair mask and shower gel for me and my baby girl (yes we are using the same), because its so natural and mild is it safe for used for all ages. HSA, MSDS, SGS, CE approved and certified. If any one wants to know more can PM me..

Im currently using nature republic for skincare and Dear Dahlia.
I check online from nature republic website and bodyfoodco website selling dear dahlia.
They are natural, organic.
I guess these should be safe.

Probably etude house ones are not recommened as shown on the news recently.

I have a friend who started up this new website (www.micora.co) promoting healthier skincare and cosmetics. They carry mostly Korean and Japanese brands for now, but I love their Instagram and blog content which is very educational. I think most Singaporeans don’t really know much about clean beauty or toxic ingredients which are in our day to day skincare like phthalates and sulphates unlike American or European consumers. Aromatica is certified organic and EWG Verified so would recommend moms to try. Hope this helps!

Back