Support for special kids in mainstream achool

ameliarose

Hi mummies,
Anyone has special needs children attending mainstream school? Care to share which school and what kind of support the school offers?

My son will be 6 years old this year. We are considering his schooling options now (should we extend EIPIC? If go to p1, should he go mainstream or SPED?...)

Thank you.

Hi mummies,
Anyone has special needs children attending mainstream school? Care to share which school and what kind of support the school offers?

My son will be 6 years old this year. We are considering his schooling options now (should we extend EIPIC? If go to p1, should he go mainstream or SPED?...)

Thank you.

Hi Ameliarose,
Is your son currently enrolled in EIPIC? then the centre should be able to recommend this to you as they will know the current ability of your child. At the age of 5, your son should have completed the School Readiness Test. Did your EIPIC school recommend the next step for your child?

From what I know, all mainstream government schools have Allied Educators now. The number of such teachers might still be very few for most schools so the ratio is pretty high and unable to really cater to individual needs closely.

Back