Maintenance amount

enss88

Asking on behalf of my bro. He married a vietnamese for 8 mths and has a new born baby of 6mth. His wife created alot of unrest and can't along with the family and likes to call police when there is quarrel with my bro. My mum cancer relapse and need go for chemo again. If not her time only left few months. The ultimate breaking point is when she went to family court and apply PPO against my bro and my mum and accused them of commit violence on her. She has been sent out of house since then. She insisted to bring along the baby with her and stay at her friend place.
Now she applied maintenance for her son and herself. She asked for 1.6k which is too heavy for my bro. This amount to half of his pay and also my mum medical fee.
Need some advice.
What can my bro do to lower the amount?
is it true that she will get the custody of the child despite she is a long term pass holder?
If my bro decide not to sponsor her for long term pass after 3 yrs, will she able to stay in singapore cause of the baby?
Any chance that my bro can get custody of the child?
Anyone with similar experience can share?

Yr brother can apply a Vary Order with Family Court...pay $1 n bring child birth cert n his marriage cert.

When she applied PPO..yr brother if innocent shud retaliate her in court. So if yr brother want custody of the child, which most likely he will get it if child is born n registered in Spore....yr brother need to officially divorce her n cut off her maintenance claim.

What is vary order?
My mum need go chemo thus my bro request her to withdraw. Then this ppo issue was resolved.

We did consult with lawyer. But most of them say mother very high chance take custody.

He can't file divorce as marriage less than 3yrs.

Your brother need to challenge that PPO cos it have an affect on child custody n care & control unless he doesnt want the kid

There is no 100percent he will get custody.
If he really wan to get custody, get a good lawyer. Its not something layman can deal with. Money spend can earn back, this consider the futher of your child, dont because of saving cost, u risk losing custody of child.

Not everyone is like u la. We don't have momey to pay n pay. We know what should pay what shouldn't pay.

You must have pay a lot to know that it cost a lot.

I think the whole forum u are the smartest, able to do what lawyer do and know all the loopholes.

Maybe instead of saying lawyer can't help, why not tell us how to go court and appear for the vary orders, and how to self represent to get the custody of the child.

Last edited:
My friend paid $15k n still paying lawyer since last yr ...another paid $20k n still feeding lawyer n another same ...not everyone like you so rich.

Oh. So much.
Since they are your friends n u are so experience, why didnt u helped them. At least the money save can be used to buy u meals.

Anyway, I have friend who spend 3k and was able to get the care n control. Another one spend 2k, another 3.5k

Oh. So much.
Since they are your friends n u are so experience, why didnt u helped them. At least the money save can be used to buy u meals.

Anyway, I have friend who spend 3k and was able to get the care n control. Another one spend 2k, another 3.5k

How did your friend do it? Self represent or lawyer?

There is no 100percent he will get custody.
If he really wan to get custody, get a good lawyer. Its not something layman can deal with. Money spend can earn back, this consider the futher of your child, dont because of saving cost, u risk losing custody of child.

Exactly :) It's worth it to spend more to secure your child's future

I think for our children we rather spend the money then have the risk of loding them.
It's like if your child is sick, u rather bring your child to doctor or find ways n means to cure him yourself.
Going to court to represent yourself is dangerous, u won't know the laws n guide lines, u might do mistakes n errors,; that might cause you to lose uour child

Asking on behalf of my bro. He married a vietnamese for 8 mths and has a new born baby of 6mth. His wife created alot of unrest and can't along with the family and likes to call police when there is quarrel with my bro. My mum cancer relapse and need go for chemo again. If not her time only left few months. The ultimate breaking point is when she went to family court and apply PPO against my bro and my mum and accused them of commit violence on her. She has been sent out of house since then. She insisted to bring along the baby with her and stay at her friend place.
Now she applied maintenance for her son and herself. She asked for 1.6k which is too heavy for my bro. This amount to half of his pay and also my mum medical fee.
Need some advice.
What can my bro do to lower the amount?
is it true that she will get the custody of the child despite she is a long term pass holder?
If my bro decide not to sponsor her for long term pass after 3 yrs, will she able to stay in singapore cause of the baby?
Any chance that my bro can get custody of the child?
Anyone with similar experience can share?
I suggest him to test the DNA of the child is his or not..cos otherwise can use that as an evidence to annul the marriage based on paternity grounds..that is if he is not 100% sure the child is his not. Else if 100% sure then no choice the mother can ask for maintenance. Can ask him also to collect information of any extra maritial affairs if possible or if applicable in his case and support in his counter claim. So that he dun need to pay too much.

Maintainance she has to prove her living expenses. Usually married for awhile only she cannot claim one. Your bro should fight only to pay for baby. Not her

Back