Dr chia at Mt E

X_inyi

Hi all,
Anyone experienced with Dr Chia at Mt E?
I'm currently deciding either with Dr Goh at Mt / Dr Chia at Mt E or KKH with Dr Suzana

Thanks alot

Hi,
Are you referring to Dr Chia Yee Tien? If so, I was with her in my first pregnancy and it was a good experience. It depends on what you are looking for. She is very professional, experienced, quite succint so she could come across as a little "no-nonsense". Quality of prenantal care will be high, but if you need someone who is very patient, friendly and likes to chat, then you may need to look another Gynae. Her partner, Dr Yeoh, is also very experienced and friendly. Dr Yeoh ended up delivering our 1st baby as Dr Chia was on leave and could not rush back in time and it was a very good experience. She came into the delivery quite in high spirits and guided me well. I felt assured throughout. Hope this helps.

Dr Goh Shen Li? What a coincidence, I was with her for my second pregnancy! She will be who you want if you need someone patient, friendly and will entertain all your questions. She is younger than Dr Chia, I think she went into private practice a few years ago. Before that, she was from KKH and was well regarded there. Of course, it also depends on which hospital you intend to deliver as Dr Goh only delivers in Mt A and Dr Chia only delivers in Mt E.

Yeah! That's nice to know!
Infact both experience should be quite nice isn't? Haha. I believe the cost differs quite abit too?

Yup, both experiences are nice but different. Mt E has more of a hotel feel, Mt A feels more like a community. I would say nurses from both hospitals are friendly, Mt E feels more efficient, Mt A has a very strong emphasis on breastfeeding. Cost is actually not too different, but my Mt E bill was 2.5 yrs ago (total 7.7k), Mt A bill was just last month (total 9.1k, split into 2 separate bills for Mom and baby i.e. can claim more from medisave).

Arh... I see! Thank you so much!
Is there any other info I will need to know? Eg, for harmony test. I done a simple blood test at KKH last week pending results to check the probability.

When i called up both Dr chia & Dr Goh Clinic, assistants mentioned the simple test are usually not done at their end and they go straight for harmony test instead. Coz is also not diff of $850 at KKH and $1000-ish at both clinics.

Back