Any good playgroup/childcare in yishun for recommendation

Dear all,

I am a new mummy and bb is planning to send bb to playgroup when she turns 18 mth. She is now 14 mth. Just wondering if anyone can share with me their experience on the playgroup you have in Yishun. many thanks!!!

Hi Xinle,

My baby is also 14 mths now and we r also looking at playgroup around Yishun and Sembawang area when she turns 18 months. The more I read the more I got confused. There are just too many choices. So, I'll just pick one that is nearby and looks reasonable. Sometimes it is just a gut feeling. I'm looking at Greentree Montessori at Sembawang.

You can look at Star Tots Playgroup at BLk 440 Yishun Ave 11. Website is www.edufarm.com.sg. Read many good reviews about them on Internet. It is for 18 months old to 3 years old. Class is daily Mon to Fri 9.30am to 11.30 am.

Any feedback on Apple tree at blk 636 yishun, Edufarm at Blk 858 yishun and Little skool house at ktph?

Planning to send my daughter to the playgroup when she reach 18months too.
happy.gif

At last I found a childcare that truly emphaisize and inculcate moral values to my child! Check out Xiyao Childcare at kaki bukit area, the teachers really teach from their hearts!It is a very heart warming place and I am truly impressed, even parents from Woodlands send their kid there!

My son just enrol to Eager Beaver blk 925 Yishun in beg of Dec. So far he looks OK.
The teachers & center environment are not bad too.
You can take try to visit the center to get more info from them.

hihi,

My ger is in Eager Beaver last Friday. Caring teachers and clean environment. Can sense that the kids there are happy.

Am happy to change from LSH @ OCC to Eager Beaver.

BEWARE Little Skool House (OCC)

My Daughter started to attend LSH (Flexicare) at the start of 2012 and in a mere 5 weeks, she sustained 4 injuries.

Of which, 2 injuries were caused by her teachers.

The very last injury left her with a dislocated elbow after the teacher pulled her up from the wrist.

Please think twice before enrolment.

I stay at yishun and my son is at BLOCK 124 attending from half day cc to full day now.
all seems to be ok for him. my mum will spot check the school everytime.

now he is happy there. so far, he never said he don want to go to school.

i do NOT recommend YMCA @ Yishun, lousy teacher. I withdraw my girl after 1.5 mth, where 2 weeks she refused to enter the childcare centre.

Just in case any1 is considering.

For those mummies who looking for cc can consider eager beaver @ Blk 925 yishun.
My boy likes n happy with the centre.
Teachers are caring n friendly.

i do NOT recommend YMCA @ Yishun, lousy teacher. I withdraw my girl after 1.5 mth, where 2 weeks she refused to enter the childcare centre.

Just in case any1 is considering.

Hi there! Just saw ur post. May I know what the teacher did? I'm also considering putting my boy there.

Hi mummies, how old should we start to registering our child for playgroups?
From what I heard, most schools have long waiting lists!!

To All mummy lovelies out there..

I considering in putting full day in skool4kid in yishun coming up this July and I am on waiting list.. anyone knows how that cc, any good?

You can look at Star Tots Playgroup at BLk 440 Yishun Ave 11. Website is www.edufarm.com.sg. Read many good reviews about them on Internet. It is for 18 months old to 3 years old. Class is daily Mon to Fri 9.30am to 11.30 am.

I recently registered my child with Star Tots Blk 440 Yishun Ave 11. On the first day where parents are allow to accompanied for the first 3 days of school. Within that 1 hour, I killed a microscopic bug found among the toys on the table and when the teacher asked everyone to sit on the floor to form a circle. I killed a baby cockroach. The floor felt dirty like you never sweep/mop for very long when you stepped into the class.

The handmade posters on the wall looked worn out. Arent teachers suppose to refresh posters during the holidays? So what do teachers do during holidays? Dont parents allow to know since we pay school fees even for holiday months.

My nephew used to attend this Star Tots Blk 440 Yishun Ave 11 and the previous teacher Mas was very good. Hardly you hear any shouting, kids banging the door, crying from outside.

The current teacher Clara on the the hand, claimed she is well experienced but truly action speak loud than words. We spotted her tattoo on her ankle. As parents we dont judge, but cover it well and appropriately. She fail to work closely with parents when need to. When i text her asking how my child was doing in school, she hastily replied she's busy with reply when she's free. How you would feel as a parent receiving such text from a preschool teacher?

She could just ignore my msg, granted I text her (at 5pm) outside her working hours. And reply me the next day, I would have respect that rather than giving such reply. Basic text etiquette, fail. & I dont understand why she have to end all the whatsapp msg with "regards". This is not an email. She just need to be schooled. Being professional in text msg doesnt require you to put regards at the end of the msg. Rather focus on your tone of the msg and the content of it. I can't believe I need to say all these here about a teacher.

There was once when my child didn't turned up for school cos she got the flu bug (probably from the filthy classroom). She called me on the second day of her absence and requested for a mc. Hello? You are just a 2 hour playground school why would I produce mc for you. Even if there's a mc, I would need it for my childcare leave submission. When my child finally turn up for school after she recovered, Teacher Clara greeted her with, "wah you had a long holiday ahhh!". Huh? holiday? she was sick with mucus flowing out from both nose nostril. As a teacher, she show ZERO empathy on my sick child.

While I was in the class, I witnessed the teacher assistant pulled a boy by his pants. Rough handling much? They would just let kids cried thorough the session. Perhaps they don't know how to make a toddler stop crying.

As a preschool teacher, teacher Clara from Star Tots Blk 440 Yishun Ave 11 does not oblige to the code of conduct of teacher in so many ways. You can tell how unsincere she is when you speak to her. Her class has a bad vibe entail to it. I strongly DON'T recommend this Star Tots Blk 440 Yishun Ave 11 if Teacher Clara is still the teacher. Star Tots is great playgroup school but it truly depends on the teacher. I've done a lot of preschool visits/recee for my child. You just know a bad one when you step into one.

Last edited:
I recently registered my child with Star Tots Blk 440 Yishun Ave 11. On the first day where parents are allow to accompanied for the first 3 days of school. Within that 1 hour, I killed a microscopic bug found among the toys on the table and when the teacher asked everyone to sit on the floor to form a circle. I killed a baby cockroach. The floor felt dirty like you never sweep/mop for very long when you stepped into the class.

The handmade posters on the wall looked worn out. Arent teachers suppose to refresh posters during the holidays? So what do teachers do during holidays? Dont parents allow to know since we pay school fees even for holiday months.

My nephew used to attend this Star Tots Blk 440 Yishun Ave 11 and the previous teacher Mas was very good. Hardly you hear any shouting, kids banging the door, crying from outside.

The current teacher Clara on the the hand, claimed she is well experienced but truly action speak loud than words. We spotted her tattoo on her ankle. As parents we dont judge, but cover it well and appropriately. She fail to work closely with parents when need to. When i text her asking how my child was doing in school, she hastily replied she's busy with reply when she's free. How you would feel as a parent receiving such text from a preschool teacher?

She could just ignore my msg, granted I text her (at 5pm) outside her working hours. And reply me the next day, I would have respect that rather than giving such reply. Basic text etiquette, fail. & I dont understand why she have to end all the whatsapp msg with "regards". This is not an email. She just need to be schooled. Being professional in text msg doesnt require you to put regards at the end of the msg. Rather focus on your tone of the msg and the content of it. I can't believe I need to say all these here about a teacher.

There was once when my child didn't turned up for school cos she got the flu bug (probably from the filthy classroom). She called me on the second day of her absence and requested for a mc. Hello? You are just a 2 hour playground school why would I produce mc for you. Even if there's a mc, I would need it for my childcare leave submission. When my child finally turn up for school after she recovered, Teacher Clara greeted her with, "wah you had a long holiday ahhh!". Huh? holiday? she was sick with mucus flowing out from both nose nostril. As a teacher, she show ZERO empathy on my sick child.

While I was in the class, I witnessed the teacher assistant pulled a boy by his pants. Rough handling much? They would just let kids cried thorough the session. Perhaps they don't know how to make a toddler stop crying.

As a preschool teacher, teacher Clara from Star Tots Blk 440 Yishun Ave 11 does not oblige to the code of conduct of teacher in so many ways. You can tell how unsincere she is when you speak to her. Her class has a bad vibe entail to it. I strongly DON'T recommend this Star Tots Blk 440 Yishun Ave 11 if Teacher Clara is still the teacher. Star Tots is great playgroup school but it truly depends on the teacher. I've done a lot of preschool visits/recee for my child. You just know a bad one when you step into one.

i think we send our child to this school at the the same time & attended the 3 days orientation too.
care to share where do u send your child from there?

i think we send our child to this school at the the same time & attended the 3 days orientation too.
care to share where do u send your child from there?
hi! you must have google about the school to be led here ; )
we stop sending her to playgroup and she attends weekend playgroup accompanied by parent.

As a first-time mom, choosing which school to put my child on is a serious challenge. I've been making down the list of preschool and enrichment classes. For me, putting them in a half-day for preschool during weekdays whilst enrolling as well to 1-2 hour enrichment class on weekends would do. Making my child's time occupied by getting full-time classes won't really have good results.

For me, you need to find something more than good with that playgroup also, make research also try to visit some playgroup and observe the place security and comfort of your child

Back