handling 4 kids

verawanting

Hi Any mummies out there with 4 kids. age gap 2 years each?

I am expecting the 4th baby. this is unplanned. very shock when i see the result. I start to get worried of how am i going to handle the kids in future with no helper or parents or in law to help.

5yo and 3 yo in childcare 1 yo will be going when he hit 18th month.. how?

If those mummy with 4 kids have the same situation as me. pls i need advise. thanks alot

Hi, I don't have 4 kids... but I can feel you... perhaps u can consider getting a helper for this couple of years till at least the 1st two go pri sch? it will be very hard to manage by yourself alone... u prob need a very fixed set of routine... but nothing is impossible... hang in there!!

Hmm.. thought of getting a helper.. but my house is only a 3 rm flat . Heard from my friend said 3 rm flat only allow 6 person.. i only have a bedroom to sleep and another room is my husband working room. so we do not have any space for helper too

You can always make arrangements at home... I have never heard of limit to certain no. of pax for 3rm flats, especially when these are ur family members and you need a helper (for obvious reasons)... it would be very interesting if anyone tells u tt u cannot employ a helper bcos u have exceeded the no. of ppl staying in the flat. what abt couples who have more than 2 kids and staying with parents in 3rm flat? I believe the 6 pax limit may be referring to flat rental, but even if u rented that flat, I still think you have a valid reason.

Personally I would suggest that your hubby move his working area to ur bedroom or living rm, and some kids (maybe the 2 older one) can sleep with helper in the other rm. If they need u to sleep with them, u just sleep halfway then go back to ur rm when they r aslp.. anyway, kids adjust fast...

hmm.. we will see what we can do on the helper part.
for the rooms we actually break down the wall in between the two rooms, my husband working room if fill with built in wardrobes and built in table top hence does not have much space to slp..

My no.4 also unplanned. No.1 is 7.. no.2 is 4 and no.3 is 2... my eldest goes to student care and the youngest 2 to childcare. Prob sending no.4 to infant care coz my mum is unlikely to help me take care again till 18 mths.

Hi i also just found out i'm expecting #4! A complete surprise. #1 is in P2, #2 is K2 and #3 is in N2 this year. Been a sahm since #1 started p1 as we also do not have a helper (couldn't find a good one) and have no grandparents' help.

i have 4 kids and all 2 yrs apart according to year...eldest will be 8 this yr and youngest is turning 2 soon.

unlike you, i have helper and my mil to help me during the day and i have backup caregiver in case my mil is not available, who are my mom and my sis. i feel it's impt that we have family support even though my 3 youngest are in full day child care.

hang on, you can get through it aft the kid is born and you and your family find your own style and routine of living as a big family,...it gets easier too as the kids get older.

I'm preggy with #4 too. I can't imagine how things are gonna be like when the baby is out, it won't be easy but we can do it!!!

-i need to inject some positivity on myself cause baby #4 was unplanned too. Any mummies thinking of doing family planning/birth control after #4? Which method is your choice?

I am expecting #4 too. After 2 miscarriages in a year, this #4 is very much welcomed

My eldest in is P3, second in K2, youngest in N1 (childcare). When this little one arrives, the likelihood would be to go to infant care as I intend to continue to work.

My mum stays with me but she is getting old, and I don't want to rely on a helper for childcare. My helper does mainly house work and the older two are independent by now.

Back