Advice on Childcare centre in Sengkang... Help pls!!!

bei

Dear All,

I desperately need advice on a good childcare centre in sengkang preferably from 7.00am to 9.00pm due to a sudden mishap in the family now my 22 mths daughter hv no one to look after her. She is so pamper, not potty trained and cant feed herself yet. It really pain me to send her to childcare but i guess this is the only alternative for me now...

Really need some recommendation and sound advice now...

Appreciate all suggestion... thanks...

Hi,

Why don't u look for a nanny for the time being first? Seldom there are childcare centres who operate till 9pm.

Thanks Tots,

But i have no idea where to get a nanny and I tot it is better to get childcare cos my gal can learn as well... No need till 9 till 7pm also can, just a little rush....

Hi Bei Bei,

If you don't mind the ex childcare fee, you can consider Kinderland SengKang. However, their operating hour is from 7am to 7pm. I have put my son there since he was 3. I find the teachers there are very nice and helpful. My son did learn alot from there. If I'm not wrong there's one private childcare centre at Compassvalve Bow and one NTUC childcare near Compassvale Street their operating hour is until 8pm. You can check it out if you want to. Otherwise you can consider to engage a nanny to look after your child so that you don't have to be so rush.

Dear all,

If you have recommendation for Hougang and Punggol it will be great as well!

Thank you so much in advance...

hi bei bei,
my gal is in shekinah montessori house in SK since she is 2yo, she is graduating this yr
happy.gif

Sch operating hours 7am to 730 and the best thing is they provides dinner so i dun hv to rush back to cook for her.
My son will be joining the cc next Jan on full day prog.
Think the sch has waiting list 'cos it's full now, not sure if they can apply to MCYS to make exception for emergency cases though.

HTHs.

Thanks Violet,

Do you have a caregiver befor eyou send yr child to CCC? Bcos my gal is so pampered now and she get paraniod with stranger i'm so worried and heart pain to send her to CCC...
sad.gif

I am so upset till I cried everyday....

hi Bei Bei,

My hubby cycles my gal to cc everyday unless it rains and I will drive her there earlier than her usual time.

It is common for kids to cry for the 1st couple of wks or even mths... Actually it depends on how the parents handle the sitaution. My gal cries for about 1-2wks then everything ok after tat 'cos she accepted the fact that like it or not she is going there :p
Anyway she really enjoys her time there with her frens n teachers.

Look at it positively that she is making friends and learning new things in cc. She is having fun and not being tortured there. So what's there to cry when she is having fun?
After you leave the cc most of the time the kids will be distracted by the activities going on there.

So in order for your gal to get used to cc life, first you have to control youself and not let her see that you are worried or sad or any -ve emotions. I'm sure she will adapt fast
happy.gif

hi,
Has anyone heard if these child care centres in SengKang are good ?
1) Summer Kids Child Care
2) Merry Kids CHild Care
3) Cedan Child Care
First 2 cc are located very near Kinderlang Sengkang. Cedan is located around Rivervale Mall area. Wonder if any parents have kids there or any comments ?
Plan to send my gal to cc next year and hope to send her to one she can learn and play.
Kinderlang SK sounds good but a bit ex. for me currently.

Faith educare at compassvale st and compassvale drive operates till 9pm with dinner provided and price is reasonable. U can try asking.

Faith Educare at Buangkok so far is the best I visited. I have placed my boy for some months already and I am still impressed by the service. The Principal is very obliging and caring. Its value for money. Maybe you want to visit them for more info.

Gosh, gd for u. Coz my friend's cousin isn't very pleased with their curriculum n standard. Gd thing is that it's until 9 pm. I went there before n is not impressed too. It's a very basic childcare service.

We are offering free services to help you find suitable child care centres in Singapore for your child in your preferred locations. Preschools Singapore is a portal which helps working parents source for child care centres in singapore in their preferred locations.

hi, anyone knows the name of the childcare centre in front of the condo, Rivervale Crest next to Rivervale Mall?

hi everyone, ive just registered my 2 girls to merry kids childcare in sengkang..kindly advise on this child care? is it good?

Hi,

Any advise on kinderland childcare at sengkang?

Anyone experience w the principal? Any feedback? We find she super lack of EQ n very proud n arrogant.

Just want to share with you a childcare centre I found that is so sincere and true in inculcating moral values in our children. Do check out Xiyao Childcare at kaki bt ave 1, even parents in Woodlands send their kid there! The teachers are very dedicated and I am very touched by the education there, they even teach parents, a very wholesome education!

hi,

anyone place their infant at Faith Educare at bungkok mrt or PCF sparkle thots at 270 sengkang central..can share your thoughts w me on these 2 centres..thanks. please pm me
happy.gif

Mich> if u dont like the principal, better not put ur child there. u hv to like the teachers there and the plc. if u r not comfortable, then choose another ccc until u fond one.
happy.gif
dont compromise just because its very near u.

brink> i'm interested to know too. ;)

Kinderland SengKang - I give it a 9/10. Low teacher turnover, helpful and caring towards to the children, Supervisor Jaya is excellent lady who ensure her teachers take care of the kids too.

Hi, any comment for below CC. Plan to put my 3yrs and 18 mths kids to CC..

1) Merry Kids Child Care
2)Summer Kids Child Care
3) Young Elite

Lydia, Thanks for ur reply..
I went to visit Yong Elite before, environment is not bad.. Just worry kids climb up the stair..
But no more vacancy for my son next year and they said no waiting list...

hi all,

my kid already in Merry-Kids for 2 years,
i found the turnover of the teachers is high.

but lucky there is one teacher wang was very nice!

beside, they focus too many in chinese program,
and very lack of english programmes.

i plan to find other childcare (@ sengkang) which got equal bal on chinese and english programmes.

anyone can recommend?

Hi wondering if anyone got contacts for private bus/ taxi/ school bus that fetches daily (7.30am onwards) childcare kids from sengkang west area to city area (chinatown) can pls PM me contacts.

Hi yes merry kids and summer kids belongs to same management , however I feel tat their teacher turnover are so much higher nowadays.
My gal is in thr for 6mths and recently I withdrawn her out.as teacher wang dun fight with politics and inside merry kids theres a indian teacher which the boss is fond of her due to she work longer than the principal.and fyi the principal can't work
long wheras the indian teacher there had make lots of t eachers and principal left.and the management just leave it as it is.

So I do not have any confidence in the school.cos my gal complain of no food given and no teachers shower them as I guess its lack of manpower.

The worse part is its been 2 weeks since teacher wang left and my child normally have worksheet coming back every friday, since no teachers thus no worksheet basically my child go there to pass time everyday without learning anything.

I had put up this matters to mcys and urge them to get my child a place in sk cc asap.
For merry kids cc I personally felt its not worth the quality service and those teachers due to turnover high so none of any teachers can educate and guides our childs.

Hi mav2015 i stay near there n the way i see the trs handle or talk to the kids wen they go out play like nt very gd though.

Hi, Based on my opinion, not advisable to go Faith educare at Buangkok.

I have bad experience with the principal there. She is very arrogant, and not friendly. Screwed up many times on adminstrative issues and accidentally removed my daughter from the infant care program !

End up my hubby and myself we have to take leave for 1month to look after her and principal was not apologetic at all.

Last edited:
Hi, Based on my opinion, not advisable to go Faith educare at Buangkok.

I have bad experience with the principal there. She is very arrogant, and not friendly. Screwed up many times on adminstrative issues and accidentally removed my daughter from the infant care program !

End up my hubby and myself we have to take leave for 1month to look after her and principal was not apologetic at all.
Hi, May I know which principal you are referring to? I understand they shuffle all the principal this feb so I worry she is now in the 260D Faith Educare I intend to put into. Can PM me?

Other mummies who have put your kids under 260D Faith Educare, please share your experience with me if possible. TIA!

Back