Baby Cough with phlegm

celine983

hi All Mummy here,

My little girl was having a cough with phelgm and no appetite I'm getting very worry and very sad. Can anyone advice me how should do to reduce her cough and phelgm?

:(:(

Hi

How old is yr girl? If she is <18 mth yr old, sugg you bring her to see PD. If she is >18mth old, can consider seeing GP.

If yr girl is old enough to spit out thgs, do encourge her to spit out her phelgm. If she is still taking formula milk, reduce the milk power (but keep the ml). Too much sugar/sweet thgs may trigger cough/phelgm. Refrain fr fruits & cold stuff. Constanly hydrate her with water.

I heard Manuka honey is good for cough with phelgm. Pls only buy New Zealand Manuka honey that comes with UFM XX+ Those that claims to be Manuka honey but doesn't hv UFM is no use. You can google to find out more abt Manuka honey. For very young children, they shd be taking UFM5+-UFM8+. Shdn't let them take more than UFM8+

Hi

How old is yr girl? If she is <18 mth yr old, sugg you bring her to see PD. If she is >18mth old, can consider seeing GP.

If yr girl is old enough to spit out thgs, do encourge her to spit out her phelgm. If she is still taking formula milk, reduce the milk power (but keep the ml). Too much sugar/sweet thgs may trigger cough/phelgm. Refrain fr fruits & cold stuff. Constanly hydrate her with water.

I heard Manuka honey is good for cough with phelgm. Pls only buy New Zealand Manuka honey that comes with UFM XX+ Those that claims to be Manuka honey but doesn't hv UFM is no use. You can google to find out more abt Manuka honey. For very young children, they shd be taking UFM5+-UFM8+. Shdn't let them take more than UFM8+

Thanks my little girl only 1 moths and 18 days now was went to the clinic today given us the antibiotic not sure this is work for her?

Have you heard of YL essential oil? Many mummies are using YL essential oils to help support their children's body systems (respiratory, immunity, etc). I have been using YL for a good 2 years and my boy had since not consumed any western meds/drugs.

try pearl powder. TCM prescribed small dosage of 5 days. It worked for my baby of 6 months back then. Better than drinking cough medicine with chemical.

Have you heard of YL essential oil? Many mummies are using YL essential oils to help support their children's body systems (respiratory, immunity, etc). I have been using YL for a good 2 years and my boy had since not consumed any western meds/drugs.

Hi lyn0800 do you have any website which I can refer to? When can we get this? Can the baby less then 3 month using this?

try pearl powder. TCM prescribed small dosage of 5 days. It worked for my baby of 6 months back then. Better than drinking cough medicine with chemical.

Hi linlim which TCM you go to advice to use this pearl powder? Do you know where can get this too?

Hi

Did you kid try this before?

Hi Celine, i bought the pearl powder from my regular TCM at Parkway. I see him regularly for my health and pregnancy. You can go to any trusted TCM shop to get the pearl powder. As for essential oil, i feel that babies and toddlers are too small for it, and they may develop allergy. It is up to individual to seek for their preferred treatment. At the end of the day, safety is the top priority. Better to seek proper treatment from licensed practitioner.

Back