Looking for a loving good family for 2+ year plus boy

Louise12

Hi friends, just discovered this board. Our family is not going very well and might be breaking up soon. Although, we would like to keep the child, we feel that neither of us can provide a nurturing environment of a good family. Genetically, we are have been relatively good in our school years, have never smoked and drink. The boy has progressed according to developmental milestones well and is healthy.

We hope that the family is has a stable job and financial means to provide what we could have never been able to provide.

Feel free to ask me any questions you have.

Not sure what is d intention of your post, but if your family is breaking up, do u think either 1 of u wld wanna give up on d child?

What about grandparents? Cant they help 2 bring up your child 4 a few years while u straighten things out?

The intention to seek potential families who can provide the child a better place to develop. We have discussed if there is a good family who is willing to receive. We do understand that given that he is 2+, the hopes are not high, but we are giving it a try.

The grandparents do not really want to care about our child as well. They want to live their own lives.

@Louise12 Your boy is 2 yrs old now. He wld b able 2 recognise u or your hubby. N i m quite sure he can call u "mama" when he sees u R u sure this is wat u want?

Would counseling help in your situation? I mean, it doesnt matter if u r not rich. As long as u love him, I think dat is most impt.

Hi
Can pm me for more info???
Hope can help u..
Ur race n national...
Child still need a complete family..love..

@Louise12 Your boy is 2 yrs old now. He wld b able 2 recognise u or your hubby. N i m quite sure he can call u "mama" when he sees u R u sure this is wat u want?

Would counseling help in your situation? I mean, it doesnt matter if u r not rich. As long as u love him, I think dat is most impt.
Yes, he is able to call everyone in the house and the people outside. He is close to most of the people he has seen before, just minimal stranger anxiety. I dun think counseling would not help in anyway. Its related to our poor circumstances which cannot be helped much . We have tried to get out of our financial hole, but cannot do so ,

IMO it will be best to go to proper channel to ensure your child get adopted etc. The government services will have gotten proper documentation and verification.

IMO it will be best to go to proper channel to ensure your child get adopted etc. The government services will have gotten proper documentation and verification.

You are wrong, the govt does not do child matching in anyway i know of. The only way to go about it is actually to abandon the child to allow the child to become ward of the state. Abandonment is also a offense in which the state can charge a person. Is that what you are suggesting?

Your child would be so sad and will miss you. Is there really no way for you to support him on your own after the spilt with your spouse? You may think they giving up for adoption may be in the boy's best interest. But to your boy, maybe what he really needs is just your love and whatever monetary/material possession is secondary.

Hi friends, just discovered this board. Our family is not going very well and might be breaking up soon. Although, we would like to keep the child, we feel that neither of us can provide a nurturing environment of a good family. Genetically, we are have been relatively good in our school years, have never smoked and drink. The boy has progressed according to developmental milestones well and is healthy.

We hope that the family is has a stable job and financial means to provide what we could have never been able to provide.

Feel free to ask me any questions you have.
Hi Wendy, we are giving him up for adoption if there is a suitable family.

We are Singaporean Chinese
Hi Louise

We are keen to help / adopt, pls PM me. Thanks!

I would totally advise against this. Your problems are not uncommon. They can be resolved with time and effort. Your child is already 2+ years old. He knows who his parents are! How do you simply expect him to switch to calling someone else papa and mama? Imagine how heartbroken he will be! He will have huge problems adapting to a new family.

No parent can truly give up on a child.. especially after 2 years. What makes you think you won't regret this 1-3 years down the road?

Hi Louise,
If this is for real, please reconsider. Maybe you are going through a tough period and just need some me time. Can the child stay with a relative for time being while you recharge ?
Judging from your writings , you do sound very educated and how bad can things become ?
I will be very worried whether there are any potential child traffickers or exploiters online .. and how can you be sure it's a good family...

Hi Louise

I’m not sure about your family situation and it’s sad that indeed some grandparents are not willing to help.

Just wondering are you going through some emotional situation and also financial difficulties ? The reason for putting up for adoption is not that clear to many of us hence the concern.

Pls do maximise all options before coming to this. There are agencies who are willing to help if you reach out to them. Or even your MP.

Though abandonment is no no, I’m not sure whether your current approach is legal as well. Children are like commodities in some markets so pls don’t give them up without a solid third party validation.

Back