Advice Needed: Any Mother whose newborn were diagnosed with pertussis previously?

sunbeamie80

Hi All Mothers out there,

I just delivered my second child 1 month ago, after delivering my first child 8 years ago. While our spirit went high as we finally brought our DD home, my DH and I started coughing about just 3 days after returning home from the hospital.

I was in a two bedder ward, I later reckoned I caught the cough from one of the visitors who was coughing when she visited the other Mother who was sharing ward with me.

Didn't think much of the cough, I thought I was just weak and not resting enough.

Our DD was doing fine even after being discharged from high level of jaudice when she was 1 week old. Who knows she subsequently contracted with a cough and started coughing. Brought her to A&E then to a PD, we started neubilizing her. Then it started at times her lips turned purple while we thought it is common for a newborn coughing.

Her feed started to lessen and we decided to bring her to KKH. She was diagnosed with pertussis and I Guess so am I with the 100 days cough (now into my 5th week of coughing.

I would like to seek advice from parents who had faced such condition before on post discharged care for your baby. Thank you in advanced.

Back