Recurrent Miscarriages

Hey ad, I am so sorry for your loss. It must be hard on you and with all who've had experience a loss. Since you have had a boy before , perhaps its true what your gyne is saying but if it really bothers you and you want to have a piece of mind then I think there is no harm getting yourself tested. I am with Nuh and was told that the expert in this area is no longer coming to Nuh as a visiting consultant so I went to see the doc in private. It is expensive so you need to be prepared to pay for all the blood test. I just closed 2 eyes and paid ! I think it's worth knowing rather than going through all the heartache and always wondering! All the best!! :)

hi all,

I had blighted ovum and mc naturally in July 16 and missed mc were diagnosed on me last Friday with the fetus not having hb shortly after my last scan at 7 weeks and underwent d&c. I'm still mending right now but there are times i just woke up feeling resentful of everything and cry and sometimes i feel fine.

It's just heartbreaking to keep going through this and how sad i see my hub although he's being strong for me.

I requested for blood test when i undergo d&c to find out if both of us have any issues.

May I know how many times of mc before NUH will take up the case?

hi all,

I had blighted ovum and mc naturally in July 16 and missed mc were diagnosed on me last Friday with the fetus not having hb shortly after my last scan at 7 weeks and underwent d&c. I'm still mending right now but there are times i just woke up feeling resentful of everything and cry and sometimes i feel fine.

It's just heartbreaking to keep going through this and how sad i see my hub although he's being strong for me.

I requested for blood test when i undergo d&c to find out if both of us have any issues.

Hi pobell, I'm sorry to hear about ur losses and can understand how u're feeling... I also went through a missed mc in Apr 2016 and a stillbirth at week 24 in Nov 2016. Till now, I still can't comprehend how did all these happened and wonder if there was anything that I could have done to save the pregnancies..

I'm currently seeing prof mahesh at his thurs clinic in NUH. You might want to try calling the NUH appt hotline to make an appt.

Hello Ladies, I too went through 2 early pregnancy miscarriages (1st heartbeat stopped @ 8 weeks, 2nd blighted ovum discovered @ 6 weeks) almost 2 years ago. Hubby and I did the whole suite of tests at NUH as well last year but no significant issues were identified except for Vit D deficiency and borderline reading on 1 of the indicators for "sticky blood" syndrome. We were given the all clear to TTC again, with me having to take Vit D supplements and continue with prénatal suppléments. After TTC for about a year, I'm pregnant again (4 - 5 weeks at this stage) and want to go back to NUH to consult Dr Choolani.
Does anyone hère know if it typically takes a long time to get an appointment for follow up patients? I'm afraid by having to wait too long for a follow up with the high risk clinic, we could be missing out on early pregnancy support measures. Advice, anyone?
Seeing a positive pregnancy test result is usually a time of joy and excitement, yet for me (and I'm sure for many of you here as well) these emotions are mixed with apprehension that the pregnancy could go awry. Again.
Doesn't help that friends and relatives seem to be popping out babies each time they sneeze ;) So Easy!
Hi Jiouxbie
So did u manage to get an appointment at NUH? I tired calling them, the earliest they can give me a slot is a month later. I'm so lost, don know what to do next.
Already emphasis to the lady that I'm from the recurrent miscarriage clinic so I can't wait so long

hi all,

Dear Pobell,

My wife had 3 m/cs in total. 1st was blighted ovum, while 2nd and 3rd were no heartbeats at 9-10 weeks respectively. It was a difficult period for the first 3 years of our lives since we tied the knot. We decided to go to RPL Clinic in NUH, and yes it was a long wait.

1. Polyclinic to get the referral (3 weeks)
2. NUH Clinic G - you'll see a high risk doctor who will go through with you on your experience. Tell them about your 2 m/cs and insist you want to see Prof Mahesh and Dr Sheila Vasoo under the RPL Clinic. They only meet last Monday of each month (2-3 months)
3. RPL Clinic - Both doctors will go through with you in detail, on your mc/s, your lifestyle, careers, family history, etc.
4. 10 months later -our first born came into this world.

You had 2 times m/c and it's a good measure to see Prof Mahesh already. Prof Mahesh was very professional and compassionate, but he don't promise you the world. Just good advice, good analysis and good assessments on what needs to be done or can be done. Fret not, the fact that you were pregnant twice indicated that you can get pregnant. SO REMAIN POSITIVE AND FIGHT ON! There'll be a brighter day.

Hi pobell, I'm sorry to hear about ur losses and can understand how u're feeling... I also went through a missed mc in Apr 2016 and a stillbirth at week 24 in Nov 2016. Till now, I still can't comprehend how did all these happened and wonder if there was anything that I could have done to save the pregnancies..

I'm currently seeing prof mahesh at his thurs clinic in NUH. You might want to try calling the NUH appt hotline to make an appt.

Great to see your progress. For info and benefit for all - Prof Mahesh Thursdays appointment is based on his private clinic in NUH. Last mondays of each month are based on his Recurrent Pregnancy Loss clinic in Clinic G. Hope that clarifies for all who's asking. I just detailed my experience in response to Pobell below the thread. Hope the info helps.

Prof Mahesh

NUH
Last Mondays of each month - Clinic G (Level 1 in NUH - Recurrent Pregnancy Loss Clinic)
Thursdays every week - Private Clinic (Level 3 in NUH)

Mount E Novena
Not too sure on his available days - but this is his private personal-run clinic, together with Dr Sheila Vasoo.

This thread is so quiet, sometimes I wonder if we are the minority.
I had 2 miscarriages the past year, 1 missed miscarriage @ 10 weeks after ttc for 2 years and another blighted ovum @ 6 weeks.
My 1st pg was smooth 5 years ago, though I was on bedrest for the 1st 8 weeks after 3 years of ttc.

There are so many questions which are unanswered, and my heart still feels heavy when I think of my lost angels.
The ttc journey is so hard, I wonder why people can get pg and have healthy babies easily, while for me its an almost impossible, and expensive task.

I am currently seeing Prof at Mount E and awaiting a review of the test results. Not sure what to expect, and how much longer I can keep the faith.

Hi 2angels2016,

Welcome to the SingaporeMotherhood Forum.

You are definitely not alone in this journey.

I am sure that you can get pregnant, especially since you had 1 live birth 5 years ago. The key now is to find out how to stay pregnant.

Seeing Prof is the right step to take, as through his detailed tests, you are almost certain to find out the reasons of your previous miscarriages.

If you are now based in Singapore, that will be another plus too, since then he will be able to advise you on the course of action to take when you eventually get pregnant again.

Hi tryingtoconceive2014,
Thanks for your reply. I saw from previous posts that you also went to see Prof. What were his recommendations for you and how are things for you now?
Actually I did have a lot of uncertainties on whether I made the right choice to see him, especially when its so costly.

My gynae had felt its pure bad luck but I felt that I dont have the strength to go through it a 3rd time, and also my age is catching up. Its scary that the risk is higher with each mc and with age... and come to think of it, even if I'm pg again I will probably be even more fearful and worried.

Hi 2angels2016,

Well, yes, a lot has happened in the last 9 months or so. My mom who was 77.5 years old (she was my only biological parent since my dad passed away 10 years ago) passed away suddenly too on May 22 last year (2016). The demise of her 2 elder brothers (aged 90 and aged 80 years old respectively in a span of 3 days was too much for her heart to take.....)

Then my husband got relocated to here in Shanghai since 1 August last year. We do plan to see gynae here in Shanghai, but currently it seems that his off day is either only on weekends or on Mondays, and the gynae that we want to see is either doing consultations on Tue or Wed (whole day) in Fudan University Hospital so guess until my hubby's duty roster comes out next month, we cannot really make an appointment.

Prof's recommendation for me is that for the next pregnancy, to start doing progesterone daily injection, and also Clexane injections, for the first 3 months.

I have been to one tcm Chinese medicine doctor in North Bridge Road (his medication are in powder form) so quite convenient to take. This time I went back to see him in mid-Feb after sorting out some other affairs of my late mom, his advice is that for my next pregnancy, to be on strict bed rest till I give birth. And then he will tell my husband how to cook gensin to sustain my pregnancy.

Actually my hubby now so scared to hear the word that I am pregnant. He is thinking if give 1 year of trying and still not succeed, then perhaps we go down the fostering/adoption route here in China.

Hi tryingtoconceive2014,
I am sorry for your loss. Hope that you are feeling better as time passes.

I think you are really strong.. keeping my fingers crossed that you will have your rainbow baby soon.

Whats clexane injection for? And which tcm are you seeing? Is he open in the weekends?

Hi 2angels2016,

I think Clexane injection is to sustain the pregnancy, main purpose is to improve the immune system, I am not sure..... You can check when you consult Prof.

The tcm I am seeing is at North Bridge Road. I will PM (private message) you the details later on. Yes, he is open from 10:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. on Saturday, but closed on Sunday.

Hi 2angels2016, '

I have just PM you my tcm contact details.

I also have a whatsapp group for those ladies in the same boat (recurrent miscarriages) as me and are currently seeing/planning to see Prof.

If you want to be added to the group, please give me your HP details. :)

Hi all,
Newbie here, bumped into this thread as I was looking for paeds. I was a successor of Multiple MC (2 times) and got my rainbow baby thanks to Prof & Dr. Sheila. My case was sticky blood and NK cell. Clexane & IVIG along with Vit D & steroid has helped me to sustain the pregnancy. Hopefully my story can give hopes.

Hi tryingtoconceive2014,
Is the whatsapp group limited to Singaporean only? I have a friend who is in the same boat (we live outside SG) & just seen Prof with all the tests, unfortunately no clear reasons. If she able to join the group, probably can help. Thanks beforehand.

Hi Cutiedee,

No, the whatsapp group set up by me is not limited to Singaporean only. There are also a few ladies from overseas or are going to relocate overseas.

Just give your friend's HP number overseas to me will do, and I shall be able to add her to the group.

Hi Cutiedee,
Your post certainly gives hope. If you dont mind me asking, I was wondering whether yours is an issue of sustaining pg only, or do you also have trouble getting pg then?
For me, I have lots of trouble getting pg though there are no known causes from my 2nd fertility check in 2015. The ttc journey started since 2011, and now there's an added element of recurrent mc.
Its certainly hard to keep the faith at times.
Hope all those who are still trying will have their rainbow baby soon!

Hi 2angels2016,

For me, the issue was in sustaining pregnancy. But since I was almost 40ish at that time, decided to take IVF that time and thankfully succeeded.

Yes, it was hard times indeed, endless cries and endless wondering.

Wishing you all again the best outcomes!

Hi mummies, just want to share my story for encouragement.

I had 2 m/c in year 2015, 1st is blighted ovum, 2nd is ectopic pregnancy on my left fallopian tube and undergo laparoscopy surgery to remove it. Hence I only have 1 healthy fallopian tube.

Last year, went to a tcm in Ang Mo Kio, name is Zou Yu Min. She did acupuncture on my back and my ovary area, gave me some herb medicine. I had it for 1 month and got a positive result. But I was still worried, so continue to see her until end of 1st trimester. Then in Dec 2016, my baby boy arrived.

Anyone who want to try this tcm Zou Yu Min, feel free to pm. Need to make appontment as it is always long queue.

Baby dust to all of you!

Hi everyone,
first read this thread when i had my second miscarriage, about a year ago. I'm finally ready to TTC again and was googling for successful pregnancy after recurrent loss and this thread came up again. I re-read everything and the newer thread.

Just want to say big BiG thanks to everyone who shared their story and info. It has helped tremendously knowing i am not alone, the pain of loss, fear and hope.

sometimes friends and family may not fully understand what we are going thru, even though they are well-meaning and unwittingly say insensitive things.

i decided to also post my first post, to keep this thread going

Btw, I am with the NUH RPL clinic. I had to wait a long time for my results (4 months) since they don't run the clinic regularly (only half a day, a month) In Jan, Prof Choolani was still there. He is the visiting consultant expert someone mentioned has left. But they didn't run the RPL clinic in Dec (Xmas hols). I have slightly "sticky blood" from a gene mutation. looks like sticky blood is a general term used for a number of conditions.

my thyroid is also not optimum, although within normal range. on meds now.

Best of luck to all, keep positive ! and love to hear more success stories :)

Last edited:
Dear Pobell,

My wife had 3 m/cs in total. 1st was blighted ovum, while 2nd and 3rd were no heartbeats at 9-10 weeks respectively. It was a difficult period for the first 3 years of our lives since we tied the knot. We decided to go to RPL Clinic in NUH, and yes it was a long wait.

1. Polyclinic to get the referral (3 weeks)
2. NUH Clinic G - you'll see a high risk doctor who will go through with you on your experience. Tell them about your 2 m/cs and insist you want to see Prof Mahesh and Dr Sheila Vasoo under the RPL Clinic. They only meet last Monday of each month (2-3 months)
3. RPL Clinic - Both doctors will go through with you in detail, on your mc/s, your lifestyle, careers, family history, etc.
4. 10 months later -our first born came into this world.

You had 2 times m/c and it's a good measure to see Prof Mahesh already. Prof Mahesh was very professional and compassionate, but he don't promise you the world. Just good advice, good analysis and good assessments on what needs to be done or can be done. Fret not, the fact that you were pregnant twice indicated that you can get pregnant. SO REMAIN POSITIVE AND FIGHT ON! There'll be a brighter day.

Hi Pobell, Aludra

The general clinical term for recurrent pregnancy loss is 3 or more (although I've read some new definition is 2MCs and above). NUH will see 2 MCs if they see other factors like mother's age or maybe u just have to insist (as someone mentioned in the earlier posts).

Congrats to u, Aludra on yr first born. thank u for sharing.

My first encounter w A/ Prof Choolani he was quite a matter of fact, giving us statistics that 5% of women has 2 losses, 1% has 3 or more ... and asked if we want to just try again naturally or they run the tests .

The consultations were always just with him. I've never met Dr Sheila together w A/Prof. What I guessed was perhaps patients with certain conditions/ results will then be referred to her. u saw them both together?

Don't think mine was so thorough like u mentioned in point 3. no questions asked on lifestyle, family history. i left the clinic the first time a little confused, whether to run the tests or not, or whether it was just bad luck both pregnancy was not viable. . . and eventually i went back to get the test done. it is better to know, right ?

Last edited:
Hi Pobell, Aludra

The general clinical term for recurrent pregnancy loss is 3 or more (although I've read some new definition is 2MCs and above). NUH will see 2 MCs if they see other factors like mother's age or maybe u just have to insist (as someone mentioned in the earlier posts).

Congrats to u, Aludra on yr first born. thank u for sharing.

My first encounter w A/ Prof Choolani he was quite a matter of fact, giving us statistics that 5% of women has 2 losses, 1% has 3 or more ... and asked if we want to just try again naturally or they run the tests .

The consultations were always just with him. I've never met Dr Sheila together w A/Prof. What I guessed was perhaps patients with certain conditions/ results will then be referred to her. u saw them both together?

Don't think mine was so thorough like u mentioned in point 3. no questions asked on lifestyle, family history. i left the clinic the first time a little confused, whether to run the tests or not, or whether it was just bad luck both pregnancy was not viable. . . and eventually i went back to get the test done. it is better to know, right ?
Hi Grumpet,
My experience with Prof was somewhat similar to yours. I saw him at his private clinic as I felt that the wait for nuh is too long.
After meeting him, we actually sat in the clinic for a while thinking really hard whether to spend the money for all the tests.
He had a lot of empathy when talking to us, however his only suggestion was to do the full suite of tests, and did not want to comment on any possible reasons (fair enough I guess). I guess I thought he would at least ask more details about what happened so that I can pour my heart out!

End up hub decided that we proceed with the tests.. considering my age, no time to wait and see anymore, and also the emotional trauma that came with each loss. I can't imagine telling my boss that I need to take mc again cos I'm pg and lost it again. Hopefully, knowing will reduce chance of future loss and eventually lead to a live birth.

Baby dust to everyone!

Hi Grumpet,
My experience with Prof was somewhat similar to yours. I saw him at his private clinic as I felt that the wait for nuh is too long.
After meeting him, we actually sat in the clinic for a while thinking really hard whether to spend the money for all the tests.
He had a lot of empathy when talking to us, however his only suggestion was to do the full suite of tests, and did not want to comment on any possible reasons (fair enough I guess). I guess I thought he would at least ask more details about what happened so that I can pour my heart out!

End up hub decided that we proceed with the tests.. considering my age, no time to wait and see anymore, and also the emotional trauma that came with each loss. I can't imagine telling my boss that I need to take mc again cos I'm pg and lost it again. Hopefully, knowing will reduce chance of future loss and eventually lead to a live birth.

Baby dust to everyone!

Hi 2angels2016
Have u gotten yr results? Yes, for this clinic... it's either full suite of tests or nothing. i guess i can see the rationale, but it becomes really expensive. I totally feel you, I cannot imagine telling my boss that too.

Anything else anyone is doing, like nutrition, supplements? I'm seeing another doc, she is more supportive type and working with her for optimal levels of health, hopefully ... will bring abt successful pregnancy. She put me on a pretty strict diet of no sugar (incl no fruits :( ), gluten, soy, wild caught fish, lamb (cos other type of meats has lots of hormones) and whole grains. and told me to reduce my stress levels... hah, this is the hardest. foodwise was pretty ok for me.

Also, I happened to see a book sale last weekend ... picked up 2 books for $2. One is called "making babies, A proven 3 month prog for max fertility" by Dr Sami & Jill Blakeway". so far, an interesting read. the other book is more generic.

After miscarriages, initially I went a little obsessive trying to read everything i can find on the internet.

Hi 2angels2016
Have u gotten yr results? Yes, for this clinic... it's either full suite of tests or nothing. i guess i can see the rationale, but it becomes really expensive. I totally feel you, I cannot imagine telling my boss that too.

Anything else anyone is doing, like nutrition, supplements? I'm seeing another doc, she is more supportive type and working with her for optimal levels of health, hopefully ... will bring abt successful pregnancy. She put me on a pretty strict diet of no sugar (incl no fruits :( ), gluten, soy, wild caught fish, lamb (cos other type of meats has lots of hormones) and whole grains. and told me to reduce my stress levels... hah, this is the hardest. foodwise was pretty ok for me.

Also, I happened to see a book sale last weekend ... picked up 2 books for $2. One is called "making babies, A proven 3 month prog for max fertility" by Dr Sami & Jill Blakeway". so far, an interesting read. the other book is more generic.

After miscarriages, initially I went a little obsessive trying to read everything i can find on the internet.
Hi grumpet,
I'm seeing him tomorrow! Not sure what I'm hoping to hear, kinda mixed feelings.
Also, I actually didn't follow what he said about no ttc.. continued ttc as usual but still failed. Getting pg is still not easy for me

Oh I am also taking supplements, but based on what I read online. Taking coq10, vit d, folate and prenatals and vit c. After my 1st mc, immunity was so low and I was coughing for months, so now I take vit c to counter that.
The diet you described sound interesting! Didnt know that lamb has less hormones. I'm trying to eat healthy too and also reducing gluten, milk and soy for endometriosis. Hard to cut completely.

Hi grumpet,
I'm seeing him tomorrow! Not sure what I'm hoping to hear, kinda mixed feelings.
Also, I actually didn't follow what he said about no ttc.. continued ttc as usual but still failed. Getting pg is still not easy for me

Oh I am also taking supplements, but based on what I read online. Taking coq10, vit d, folate and prenatals and vit c. After my 1st mc, immunity was so low and I was coughing for months, so now I take vit c to counter that.
The diet you described sound interesting! Didnt know that lamb has less hormones. I'm trying to eat healthy too and also reducing gluten, milk and soy for endometriosis. Hard to cut completely.

good luck, w the results and lots of baby dust to u and everyone here!!!

dont know how true, according to that book, don't take too high a dose for vit C. keep below 1000mg cos it may make yr mucus acidic . . . which is not good for sperm.

they recommend omega-3 food and EPO, amongst other TCM advices for endometriosis.

I'm taking a high strength fish oil 2000mg, thinks it helps w my immune system too and inflammation.

re-tested my Vitamin D level, from ard 25-30ng/ml up to 50, after taking 5000IU approx 4mths.

also taking activated folate , magnesium, prenatal and loads of probiotics .

Hi 2angels2016

Hi grumpet!
Any inductions roughly how much does consultation and the tests costs?
Thank u!

Hi grumpet!
Any inductions roughly how much does consultation and the tests costs?
Thank u!

Consultation rate for repeat visits is ard $32-38, i cant remember first visit shld not be more than $70/ $80.

Total is approximately $2k (all rates are subsidized ones, abt $800-900 subsidy for me, but not every test have sub)

My tests costs were about $1000+, hubby's another $750-800+
There was one test the HSG, i didn't do this round cos i have done it earlier that is between $100-200.

Last edited:
good luck, w the results and lots of baby dust to u and everyone here!!!

dont know how true, according to that book, don't take too high a dose for vit C. keep below 1000mg cos it may make yr mucus acidic . . . which is not good for sperm.

they recommend omega-3 food and EPO, amongst other TCM advices for endometriosis.

I'm taking a high strength fish oil 2000mg, thinks it helps w my immune system too and inflammation.

re-tested my Vitamin D level, from ard 25-30ng/ml up to 50, after taking 5000IU approx 4mths.

also taking activated folate , magnesium, prenatal and loads of probiotics .
Hi grumpet,
Thanks for the tip! Looks like I should stop taking vit c at mid cycle.

Which brand of fish oil do you take? I'm still taking prenatal dha as I have no idea what dose of normal ones I should take.

Saw the Prof and I was surprised he uncovered some issues. High thyroid antibodies and slight sticky blood.
He put me on methylfolate, and wanted me to take steroids and duphaston once bfp. I'm allergic to baby aspirin so he mentioned may need to take jabs then.
Seems like 1st tri wont be easy again, if it happens.

I'm thinking that if i am pg, I may want to switch to nuh since mount e is really v ex to go to for pg. Wonder if can see him at nuh instead or need to change doc.

i'm taking fish oil from Nordic Naturals , look for the ProOmega one, yellow label. They have an UltimateOmega which looks really similar, but few dollars cheaper. still quite expensive, but i get them thru iHerb and always stock up when they have promo.

what dose of methyl folate are u taking? im only taking 400mg. may increase . and there is 600mg folate in my prenatal.

Hi grumpet,
Thanks for the tip! Looks like I should stop taking vit c at mid cycle.

Which brand of fish oil do you take? I'm still taking prenatal dha as I have no idea what dose of normal ones I should take.

Saw the Prof and I was surprised he uncovered some issues. High thyroid antibodies and slight sticky blood.
He put me on methylfolate, and wanted me to take steroids and duphaston once bfp. I'm allergic to baby aspirin so he mentioned may need to take jabs then.
Seems like 1st tri wont be easy again, if it happens.

I'm thinking that if i am pg, I may want to switch to nuh since mount e is really v ex to go to for pg. Wonder if can see him at nuh instead or need to change doc.

Hi 2angels2016
at least u found out potential issues.
is high thyroid antibody linked to hashimoto?

I have had thyroid surgery, half my thyroid removed. and I was always been told my thyroid hormones are ok. even when i told the obgyn my med history... they would disregard it. when i had my second miscarriage, i requested for the doctor to order a bloodtest and he agreed. i read after my 1st MC that TSH level above 2.5 is not good, may present problem.

unfortunately the nurse missed it out, and only took hcg. 2 weeks later, after i already miscarriage via pills, when i went back to the clinic, i asked are u going to take my thyroid blood test again ... the nurse checked and said its been ordered, only then i realised they didn't took it when i requested. was quite upset, since now i will never know if my thyroid levels was the cause.

I have since worked w 2 docs to get my thyroid level to optimal TSH at 1. so i am praying hard my next baby will stick around and be healthy.

Hi grumpet,
Prof prescribed 3mg of methylfolate daily. So far I just started taking 400mcg from my own stash, and planning so slowly increase the dose and switch to the one I got from him. I read online that it's better to start low in case there are side effects.

I'm not sure if the antibodies are linked to hashimoto. He just said it likely means the thyroid gland is being attacked and may have issues in years to come. (Now my thyroid levels are within normal range and I checked that my tsh is not 1 too). I can either see Dr Vasoo now, or wait till pg and he will evaluate then. In the meantime just take the steroids once bfp. I opted for the latter.

My prev gynae checked my thyroid levels only 3weeks after my last mc! He said no point testing earlier. I get the sense that when its within range its fine. The docs don't really talk about ideal levels within the normal range.

I understand how you feel. Its hard not knowing the real cause. Its like even now I don't know what exactly caused the mcs, but only how to manage better in future. It's almost a year since the 1st loss. When everyone around me celebrated mothers day, my heart was at rock bottom trying to make sense of it all. Now it still hurts when I think about my lost angels, just hoping for the day we see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Anyone have any idea of sch? Sub chorionic hemorrhage? Which means there is blood clots near uterus? I Google it that is very dangerous for pg and by week 20 must dissolve by itself otherwise it will cause still birth or premature birth at week 24 to 34...

Hi all,
I am in my early 40s, with diabetes and hyperthyroidism. Had a miscarriage 2 weeks ago @ 7 week. Just got to know that I have uterus didelphys (2 uterus and 2 cervix). I guess I am at Super high risk zone if I want to try again to conceive.
Anyone have similar experience before and seen Dr Choolani and successfully gave birth?

Hi, so sorry abt ur loss. I hv no idea abt it. But I also hv a appt wt prof mahesh at June. Hope he can find out the cause of my mc. U book appt wt him oledi?

Hi, so sorry abt ur loss. I hv no idea abt it. But I also hv a appt wt prof mahesh at June. Hope he can find out the cause of my mc. U book appt wt him oledi?

Hello Xiao Ma,
Yes, booked with him already and my appointment also June @ NUH. Need his expert advice on what I need to do so that I can conceive again with all my conditions taken into consideration.

How come so long in June?

cos he practised at his own pte clinic in Mt E.

at NUH, for subsidised clinic, he only comes in half a day, per month. hence the wait is quite long. another member above mentioned his private clinic at NUH, that shld have shorter wait.

Hi, i have 2 miscarriages. Wish to visit nuh miscarriage clinic. Plan to go polyclinic for referral.

May i know if prof choolani or dr Sheila is still mending the clinic there? Also what is the estimate cost for the test? Is it highly subsides?

Hi, i have 2 miscarriages. Wish to visit nuh miscarriage clinic. Plan to go polyclinic for referral.

May i know if prof choolani or dr Sheila is still mending the clinic there? Also what is the estimate cost for the test? Is it highly subsides?

Im gg to see Dr Choolani today.. Will update later

Not highly subsided, but it will still save u quite alot of $. i gave some indicative cost above, prob will save At least 1-2k, compared to private.

Not highly subsided, but it will still save u quite alot of $. i gave some indicative cost above, prob will save At least 1-2k, compared to private.

Thanks. I am at a loss for losing my babies in early term. So i m hoping to do some test and getting things check to sustain a healthy pregnancy.

Kkh asked me to consider doing chromosome test which i have not reply. I wonder if i do at kkh or should go NUH since they are more specialize in this area then go back kkh to see them with NUH report. NUH is rather far from my place.

My visit wit Prof Choolani was pleasant. Prof think my condition alry hve kids no need to do any test don waste $$. No need to see again refer me to fertility clinic instead. Once preg will transfer back to high risk clinic. He increase folic acid 2 time per day.
Wat else can i do to get preg n stable baby..

My visit wit Prof Choolani was pleasant. Prof think my condition alry hve kids no need to do any test don waste $$. No need to see again refer me to fertility clinic instead. Once preg will transfer back to high risk clinic. He increase folic acid 2 time per day.

Hi babe, hope you can get preg soon and they will hlp u with a stable baby.

So he saw prof choolani at NUH? Is he and dr sheila still providing consultation at NUH? How is the charges like?

I am still trying for my 1st child, hope to find solution and hope.

How come send u to fertility clinic? No need any test?

Hi babe, hope you can get preg soon and they will hlp u with a stable baby.

So he saw prof choolani at NUH? Is he and dr sheila still providing consultation at NUH? How is the charges like?

I am still trying for my 1st child, hope to find solution and hope.

Saw Prof Choolani.. refer by polyclinic sub $33

Back