Not engage with this nanny

Angela Mu

Here is to share my experience with my confinement aunty Xiu Mei.

1. I feel she doesn't care me nor my baby. If someone cares you, you certainly feel it. But I certainly don't feel it.
  • at night feeding, she knocks my door, and just gives me my baby, and then she just went back to her room to SLEEP, and leave me alone. After breastfeeding, I have to walk to her room ( I gave her a room to stay) and put back the baby in bed MYSELF, and while SHE is all the way SLEEPING. Sometimes, I walk to her room to feed the baby at night, while she is sleeping and never wakes up.
  • she wants to control me all the time and asks me to do things in her way, which I don't feel confortable.
  • My baby bottom has a few big red pus-pockets, and she pretends not seeing it. When I asked her if my baby's bottom gets anything wrong, she said nothing.... I got pissed off.
  • she leaves baby's dirty cloth in water overnight, and just goes back to sleep.
  • my baby is very easy to take care, thus the confinement aunty sleeps in her room most of the time. She only comes out to cook lunch and dinner. She doesn't do household work at all, except for cleaning the kitchen.
  • When she baths my baby, the baby cries most of the time. After she leaves, the baby never cries during the bath.
2. All she wants is money, money, money.
  • She charges me $2800 and 2 hong-bao, plus her taxi fees.
  • First, she asks for $150 to buy food for me, and the chicken she bought is very bad. And she said it costs $400 per week to buy food to cook ( way expensive than what we can buy). After 1st week, we never give her money any more, and my mom buys food for me.
  • She asks for snack money to buy herself coffee and biscuits. She asks $20 per week, which I know she didn't spend all.
3. Her cooking is very normal, nothing special.
  • On the second day I arrived home from hospital,she cooked me a plain noodle for lunch. I am so so weak and disappointed....
  • You have to tell her what to cook, otherwise, she gives me simple meal.
4. One thing I hate most is her attitude, arrogant ( she doesn't follow your instructions and push back in her own way).

I want to fire her in 2 weeks, but I don't want her to shout at my home (scaring the baby) Finally, she asks to leave in week 3. I was very very very happy to see her leave my home, and I never want to see her again.

Hi Angela, how do you manage to terminate your CL? By giving a day of notice or? Her verbal contract with me is 28 days at 3200 SGD (with 2 ang baos). Can I just calculate the daily pay and ask her to leave the next day?
I am currently into my 10th days of confinement and cannot tolerate several habits of my confinement lady (despite her claiming to be experienced - oh yes, i got her contact through motherhood forum which is not reliable at all):-

1. She never burps baby. Only minimal back patting. Last night, my baby vomited out all the milk and I guess she must have felt bloated without proper burping from previous feed.
2. When baby hiccups, she ignore and never attend to her. Just leaves her in the baby cot.
3. When she arrives at my place, she already asked for WIFI password and loves to play with her phone. She wasn't paying attention when my mum was trying to tell her the groceries she bought.
4. Baby face got scratched - reason unknown. She claimed that a clip on the yao lan fell and scratched baby's face. It was too late when we rushed into the room as baby cried loudly. Didn't managed to see what actually happened.
5. When we are watching TV, she is also keen to watch. Rushed into the baby's room quickly to settle wet diaper and came out again.
6. I believe all CL hand-washed mummy's clothes as well. She didn't. On first day, she told me to put my clothes into washing machine. Further, my maid hang the clothes for me, not her.
7. Boiling the herbal bath water took her more than 1 day.

Are the above valid reasons to terminate her immediately?
However, I wish to say it in a tactful manner to ask her to leave.
How u did it?

Back