Fibroid management and gynae recommendation

Dear all,

I am a 27 year old who has been diagnosed with fibroids 3 years ago. I suffer from multiple fibroids and when I was 24, I did a hysterscopy to remove many small submucous fibroids.

I had two intramural fibroids but I chose to leave them alone and now they have grown to 4cm and 8cm respectively. I have been seeing my gynae dutifully for to watch the fibroids. I am under the care of dr chern at kkh. I went for an appointment recently and he highlighted to me that I'm a multiple fibroid sufferer and if I went down the road of surgery, there will be no end to it and my fibroids will just keep coming back and then I'll eventually have to remove my whole womb. He offered medical therapy but I am not keen to try medicine.

Being a 27 year old who has yet to give birth, I am extremely worried!! I was certain I wanted to go through the surgery but what my gynae told me really scared me, I am afraid I will really lose my womb. It seems as if my body is not adept at giving birth as well since I am a multiple fibroid sufferer.

Is there any gynae that you guys have to recommend to deal with complex fibroid issues like this?

Thanks,
A very worried lady

Hi, I would suggest u go to to a private doc who could give u a 2nd opinion.

One way is to stop your af and prevent any fibroids to grow till u are ready for pregnancy. Also to avoid chicken and soy products. Fibroids grow on estrogen and these 2 are prone to estrogen.

Reactions: 555
555, I also diagnosed by my gynae has several fibroids, but since till now symptom at all, I decided not to go under knife. I do a lot of research recently, and many people mentioned that fibroids will keep recurring if you do not settle it's root. Surgery definitely doesn't settle the root.

What i do now is to clean up my diet. Less meat and any products with estrogen such as soya and chicken. You might need to do some research too I guess before you go to another gynae which I don't think that's necessary.

Dear all,

I am a 27 year old who has been diagnosed with fibroids 3 years ago. I suffer from multiple fibroids and when I was 24, I did a hysterscopy to remove many small submucous fibroids.

I had two intramural fibroids but I chose to leave them alone and now they have grown to 4cm and 8cm respectively. I have been seeing my gynae dutifully for to watch the fibroids. I am under the care of dr chern at kkh. I went for an appointment recently and he highlighted to me that I'm a multiple fibroid sufferer and if I went down the road of surgery, there will be no end to it and my fibroids will just keep coming back and then I'll eventually have to remove my whole womb. He offered medical therapy but I am not keen to try medicine.

Being a 27 year old who has yet to give birth, I am extremely worried!! I was certain I wanted to go through the surgery but what my gynae told me really scared me, I am afraid I will really lose my womb. It seems as if my body is not adept at giving birth as well since I am a multiple fibroid sufferer.

Is there any gynae that you guys have to recommend to deal with complex fibroid issues like this?

Thanks,
A very worried lady
How are you now?

Back