TTC while breastfeeding

Would like to ask if anybody has any experience to share about TTC while breastfeeding? I'm at the tail end of the breastfeeding journey now with LO at 27 mths. While the qn is why not I just stop it, but it gets difficult and emotional when the toddler asks for it every night. I cant bear and I really treasure the limited time we have left for this (supply dwindling).

I understand it will be best to stop but would like to ask if anybody has been successful in the TTC journey, or any tips to share when tracking ovulation/taking supplements in such a situation? It really a blessing to have my first kid, the TTC journey has not been easy. Would like to try to start "preparing the grounds" while slowly weaning my LO off.

TIA for any experience to share.

Hi, i'm also reading up on this, even though my LO is just on her way to 3 months. Took some time to have her, so wanna prepare the ground in advance, for the second..at least to have some knowledge about it..

I read a blog post that mainly says to make sure body has good supply of nutrients (i.e. eat more), so as to send the message to the body that it's ready to handle a new pregnancy, whilst breastfeeding.
http://www.thealphaparent.com/2014/12/how-to-get-pregnant-whilst-breastfeeding.html.

Also, probably best to wean off Night-time nursing, and then reduce nursing frequency overall. (stuff that you must have read about)..

Anyway, all the best to your groundwork prep/journey to your second child...let's see if any other experienced mummies can advice more, as i see this topic (TTc while bf) seems to not pop up so often..

:)

Back